Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Bond Scheme 03:09 - Oct 6 with 5989 viewsgr1

I know some people have asked some questions if this is a good investment.

A few things to take into account although I have not seen the offer document as yet.

It states the 5% interest and 3% credit are fixed - but they are obviously not guaranteed.

It also mentions the 5 year period could be extended. No, the term cannot be extended.

Look at the WHU bond scheme in 1992 which was a vehicle used to raise money for the redevelopment of Upton Park. I know the terms are not the same but the principle is the same. Raise money. That went horribly wrong and caused major rifts within the fan base.

Just stating some facts which may help people make a decision based on head and not heart. If I was cash rich would definitely help the club out - unfortunately.....

Come on you R'ssss!

The Bond Scheme on 12:44 - Oct 8 with 994 viewssaxbend

The Bond Scheme on 10:26 - Oct 7 by dannyblue

Page 25 of the prospectus suggests the 3% is taxable.

"3% interest per annum (before tax) payable in the form of credit to be used at the Club (“Club Credit}”"

Page 33 confirms it.

"Interest, including cash interest and Club Credit interest, paid on the QPR Bonds is subject to income tax and 20% will be deducted at source unless held in an IFISA or paid to a corporate entity. The QPR Bond is a corporate bond and is eligible for the personal savings allowance. It is your responsibility to report the interest on your tax return as appropriate and pay or reclaim any tax that may be due."

Thanks for this. If everyone has a personal savings allowance of £20k per year (or whatever it changes to each year) then unless you're already saving at least that much, then your 3% and indeed the other 5% should not be taxable as far as I understand. Is that correct? Also if you spend the 3% you only receive goods or tickets, and if you don't spend it by the 31st May you lose it, so when would there be anything to tax anyway?
The Bond Scheme on 13:32 - Oct 8 with 908 viewsQPR_Hibs

The Bond Scheme on 12:44 - Oct 8 by saxbend

Thanks for this. If everyone has a personal savings allowance of £20k per year (or whatever it changes to each year) then unless you're already saving at least that much, then your 3% and indeed the other 5% should not be taxable as far as I understand. Is that correct? Also if you spend the 3% you only receive goods or tickets, and if you don't spend it by the 31st May you lose it, so when would there be anything to tax anyway?

£20k is not your savings allowance - it is the amount you can put into a tax free ISA each year. My understanding from the Tifosy document is that, unless you use their Innovative ISA to invest, they will automatically deduct the tax before they pay you the interest. You will actually receive 4% interest and 2.4% club credit.
I believe that you can claim the tax back via HMRC if it falls within your allowance (normally £1000 for a basic rate tax payer and £500 for a higher rate tax payer) if you can be bothered.

"Remember to listen to me but look at her. Don't get it the wrong way round. That would be hideous."

The Bond Scheme on 15:05 - Oct 8 with 829 viewsderbyhoop

On the surface it sounds like a good deal. Not many investments pay 5%, even if it is taxable. And that's before the 3% credit and the 25% (possible) promotion bonus.

However, dont invest money you can't afford and don't expect to get your investment back for 5 years.

I guess, as an overseas tax resident, any interest I earn would be taxable at source. Could someone confirm, please?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Bond Scheme on 15:14 - Oct 8 with 814 viewssaxbend

The Bond Scheme on 13:32 - Oct 8 by QPR_Hibs

£20k is not your savings allowance - it is the amount you can put into a tax free ISA each year. My understanding from the Tifosy document is that, unless you use their Innovative ISA to invest, they will automatically deduct the tax before they pay you the interest. You will actually receive 4% interest and 2.4% club credit.
I believe that you can claim the tax back via HMRC if it falls within your allowance (normally £1000 for a basic rate tax payer and £500 for a higher rate tax payer) if you can be bothered.

Thanks. I imagine there's a section in the self-assessment form for that amongst all the parts (almost all of it) that up until now have not applied to me
The Bond Scheme on 15:21 - Oct 8 with 801 viewsPinnerPaul

Finally managed to invest via ISA, despite my own incompetence!

Just a shout out for the polite and prompt help from Tifosy.

If you have any questions/difficulties, do email them would be my recommendation.
The Bond Scheme on 15:24 - Oct 8 with 797 viewsJeff

The Bond Scheme on 15:21 - Oct 8 by PinnerPaul

Finally managed to invest via ISA, despite my own incompetence!

Just a shout out for the polite and prompt help from Tifosy.

If you have any questions/difficulties, do email them would be my recommendation.

Yeah, just to second that they were very helpful and responsive when i had an issue where i'd opened two bond applications by mistake

Can we not knock it?

The Bond Scheme on 16:17 - Oct 8 with 745 viewsgazza1

The Bond Scheme on 15:24 - Oct 8 by Jeff

Yeah, just to second that they were very helpful and responsive when i had an issue where i'd opened two bond applications by mistake

I was going to use an poor ISA for the Bond but too much agro!!!!

I'm in
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024