Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. 21:43 - Sep 8 with 40746 viewsqpr_1968

i know its early.
can't wait for the day, even though we can't be there.
obviously don't know the teams.
but, my first game was against forest in 1968, won 2-1.
best game i've seen slaughter some one, 1984, 3-0.
and my head says they are going to thrash us, but my heart say's......1-0, qpr.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:55 - Sep 12 with 1740 viewsLeedsR

HT: 0:0. Can’t complain with that. Some good passing moves and good movement. A few stray passes, but I guess it’s early season and people just getting their eye in and sussing out their teammates.

Positives: I was an LTC detractor, but on this first half, very pleased with what I’ve seen. Always showing for the ball and wanting to get things going.

Lee Wallace has looked good. I feel more assured with him at the back, and not too shabby going forward either.

BOS looks hungry and Dykes is mixing it in.

Negatives: This is me being very picky, because no-ones going to be perfect; a number of stray passes from Cameron. Early days.

Overall, score is a fair reflection of a decent first half from the Rs. Just missing a bit of an Eze X-Factor so we can really shout about something!!
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:55 - Sep 12 with 1722 viewskarl

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:53 - Sep 12 by BklynRanger

Overall I thought that was excellent tbh. We need to hit Dykes more often, 3 or 4 times we've gone down the channels when it would be interesting to see if Lyndon could badrash his marker - he had one salmon leap in that half, let's test that.

Other than that very happy. Plus I'm dipping into the wife's gin, can't beat that.

Does she prefer that to a slice of lime?
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:56 - Sep 12 with 1709 viewsBklynRanger

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:45 - Sep 12 by stainrods_elbow

Yes - it's absolutely spiffing as a fan, now we've heard The Warblemeister 'manage expectations' by moaning that Palace's 20 mill will basically plug a few holes so suck it up you ignorant lot, to look forward to flogging Mr Bright for a fee that'll presumably just about cover the gas bill.

Jim Gregory will be turning in his grave!

You're just an arse though. If it wasn't for the Tommy Saxondale feel of it all I've had hidden you long ago.
(Corrected to fix apostrophe - in Saxondale voice).
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 16:03]
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:56 - Sep 12 with 1706 viewsqueensparker

LTC has been excellent.

Is it me or is he not as L as last time? Seems to have grown/beefed up
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:57 - Sep 12 with 1672 viewsdanehoop

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:52 - Sep 12 by Antti_Heinola

Less moaning, more stating fact.
But maybe you haven't noticed the global pandemic and the fact there's no crowds and the fact that the owners you despise put in £1m a month to keep the club going?
Warbs knows not all fans are ignorant just... some are. Apparently.

Antii,

I have found the ignore button to be a wonderful. Just saying......

Never knowingly understood

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:57 - Sep 12 with 1674 viewsqpr_1968

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:55 - Sep 12 by LeedsR

HT: 0:0. Can’t complain with that. Some good passing moves and good movement. A few stray passes, but I guess it’s early season and people just getting their eye in and sussing out their teammates.

Positives: I was an LTC detractor, but on this first half, very pleased with what I’ve seen. Always showing for the ball and wanting to get things going.

Lee Wallace has looked good. I feel more assured with him at the back, and not too shabby going forward either.

BOS looks hungry and Dykes is mixing it in.

Negatives: This is me being very picky, because no-ones going to be perfect; a number of stray passes from Cameron. Early days.

Overall, score is a fair reflection of a decent first half from the Rs. Just missing a bit of an Eze X-Factor so we can really shout about something!!

are we keeping freeman quiet....hav'nt heard him mentioned much.
and how is lumley performing.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:57 - Sep 12 with 1666 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:53 - Sep 12 by BklynRanger

Overall I thought that was excellent tbh. We need to hit Dykes more often, 3 or 4 times we've gone down the channels when it would be interesting to see if Lyndon could badrash his marker - he had one salmon leap in that half, let's test that.

Other than that very happy. Plus I'm dipping into the wife's gin, can't beat that.

Agreed.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:58 - Sep 12 with 1631 viewsdublinr

I'm enjoying this. Carroll playing really well, chair too. And we look sharp generally.

Login to get fewer ads

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:58 - Sep 12 with 1615 viewsCiderwithRsie

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:55 - Sep 12 by karl

Spat half my tea out when I read that Washington had scored, now you've done for the rest.

Good thing it's half time and I can get another brew.
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:59 - Sep 12 with 1608 viewsEmpireStateRanger

Would prefer more shots on target, but was pleased with the football in the attacking half. Carroll really impressed with his passing.
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:59 - Sep 12 with 1610 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sheff Wed starting to claw back the points already apparently.

Bare bones.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:59 - Sep 12 with 1588 views100percent

We also seem to be moving the ball a lot quicker and look sharper.... the long ball for Dykes also gives us options. carroll has been excellent... cool and calm in the midfield...much needed..
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:59 - Sep 12 with 1587 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:57 - Sep 12 by qpr_1968

Freeman got away once and set up Blackett for a cross which Grabban headed over. Otherwise Cameron has kept him very quiet.

Lumley has looked alert and swept up when needed, but otherwise has not been called upon.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:01 - Sep 12 with 1562 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:59 - Sep 12 by EmpireStateRanger

Would prefer more shots on target, but was pleased with the football in the attacking half. Carroll really impressed with his passing.

Only three shots in the half, 2-1 to us.

No shots on target by either team!

I'm enjoying it too. Very much so, to quote Super Ray. But they're bizarre stats.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:01 - Sep 12 with 1559 viewsBklynRanger

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:55 - Sep 12 by karl

She's new to gin mate so it's all to play for (if you don't know what that means don't worry neither do I, dipping into the wife's gin requires decisive, inebriating movements)
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:01 - Sep 12 with 1543 viewsQPRSteve

A game of few chances with neither keeper making a save or even a catch according to the stats. Could need a piece of magic from either side to win this. I Just hope it's us.
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:01 - Sep 12 with 1532 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:57 - Sep 12 by danehoop

Antii,

I have found the ignore button to be a wonderful. Just saying......

yeah I've got plenty on there. I should add him actually, it's not worth it, is it?

Bare bones.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:02 - Sep 12 with 1520 viewsA40Bosh

Very Happy with that first, first half of the season.
We seem to come out of the blocks very quickly for the first few mins with plenty of high pressing.

I wonder if LTC will be a revelation this season after a lot of negativity or at least ambivalence at his signing? Early days, but seems to have the ability to see a pass before he has received the ball and releases it quickly with one touch. Hope this is "the second coming" and we have a different player on our hands this time around.

BOS seems reasonably interested but still after all the running at defenders he needs to get that shot off or find that final pass that leads to a shot on goal.

Overall, happy with that start.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2020 16:03]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:03 - Sep 12 with 1487 viewsqpr_1968

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:59 - Sep 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Freeman got away once and set up Blackett for a cross which Grabban headed over. Otherwise Cameron has kept him very quiet.

Lumley has looked alert and swept up when needed, but otherwise has not been called upon.

nice one, thank you.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:03 - Sep 12 with 1487 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:01 - Sep 12 by QPRSteve

A game of few chances with neither keeper making a save or even a catch according to the stats. Could need a piece of magic from either side to win this. I Just hope it's us.

Steve, I don't want to be negative, but generally speaking, teams don't usually need 'a bit of magic' to score against us. A corner usually does it ;)

Bare bones.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:03 - Sep 12 with 1479 viewsderbyhoop

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:27 - Sep 12 by Gloucs_R

Is Amos playing? Not heard him mentioned at all

Linking well with LTC and doing a lot of good closing down.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:03 - Sep 12 with 1465 viewsLeedsR

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:57 - Sep 12 by qpr_1968

Freeman’s been involved in some of their more probing attacks, but we know from experience that that all he needs is a moment and a bit of space. Right now he’s not getting too much of either, hopefully it’ll stay that way.

Lumley hasn’t had much to do so far. Credit to the defence and hope they can keep it up.
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:04 - Sep 12 with 1432 viewsqprd

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:47 - Sep 12 by VancouverHoop

Carroll definitely driving our game this half. We haven't had a midfielder like that for some time.

His best will come when he’s able to link up with manning
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:07 - Sep 12 with 1350 viewsDejR_vu

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 15:52 - Sep 12 by Antti_Heinola

Less moaning, more stating fact.
But maybe you haven't noticed the global pandemic and the fact there's no crowds and the fact that the owners you despise put in £1m a month to keep the club going?
Warbs knows not all fans are ignorant just... some are. Apparently.

All true Antti but it’s still bad news for the team and the fans if we lose players and see the (majority) of the proceeds being used to pay bills. Not saying it isn’t necessary, but it’s certainly disheartening.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:08 - Sep 12 with 1669 viewsqpr_1968

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:03 - Sep 12 by LeedsR

Freeman’s been involved in some of their more probing attacks, but we know from experience that that all he needs is a moment and a bit of space. Right now he’s not getting too much of either, hopefully it’ll stay that way.

Lumley hasn’t had much to do so far. Credit to the defence and hope they can keep it up.

cheers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024