Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. 21:43 - Sep 8 with 39839 viewsqpr_1968

i know its early.
can't wait for the day, even though we can't be there.
obviously don't know the teams.
but, my first game was against forest in 1968, won 2-1.
best game i've seen slaughter some one, 1984, 3-0.
and my head says they are going to thrash us, but my heart say's......1-0, qpr.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 20:49 - Sep 12 with 1418 viewsqpr_1968

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 20:34 - Sep 12 by Northolt_Rs

Just back.....from a family day out in sunny Regents Park. What an immense result! Dykes scores on his league debut and a clean sheet!!! Fabulous day.

glad you enjoyed mate.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 21:12 - Sep 12 with 1319 viewsCiderwithRsie

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:11 - Sep 12 by Antti_Heinola

I'm delighted, but it doesn't change what I say every season.
First games mean f all.

The year Reading got over 100 points they lost the opening day. Charlton won about their first four didn't they last season?

Not wanting to put a dampener on it, because it was a very professional, hard working performance and thoroughly deserved all three points!

Yeah, quite right, but if I made a list of what i wanted this season it'd go something like:

- Dykes and Chair scoring goals to replace Eze and Hugill/Wells
- more effective defending all through the team, preferably with some clean sheets.
- no more silly errors from Lumley
- big improvements from Amos and Carroll over what we saw from them before, because we've gambled on signing them in an area we were poor at last year
- carrying on with the attacking entertaining football.

I got all of that today against one of the better resourced clubs in the league which at least shows all those things are possible from this group of players under this manager.

I'm actually really pleased Chair's goal was a tap-in because we already know he's got loads of skill, I want to know that he can put away simple chances, especially if it means wrapping up the points in the last few minutes.

I don't expect this team, still very young, to manage "very professional, hard-working" consistently all season but it's a start and the template has been laid down.
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 22:07 - Sep 12 with 1203 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:44 - Sep 12 by hantssi

Why do you have to call him the “Warbler”?
You really are a sad character, only seem to be happy when complaining.
I’d put you on ignore but you actually make me laugh!

'The Warbler' is semi-affectionate, mate - get over yourself! As you'd see if you bothered to read me in the wider context, I've been a big fan of his from the start and still think he's the best fit for the club at this time, though my view, strengthened by Clive's interview, is now more balanced with some justified concerns about his thin-skinned repetitiveness and defensive issues (which, like others, I feel better about tonight, though one swallow does not a summer make, so I'll be deferring judgment till Christimas at least).

Criticism is a function of (sometimes displaced) love and passion - it's also why, at some level, football fans who are total strangers are as vulnerable to throwing their arms round each other when things are going well as throwing punches when they're not. I might sometimes feel a bit like the kid in the German joke who doesn't speak for years and then complains about too much salt in his soup 'because, until now, everything was satisfactory', but have plenty of long-standing love in my heart for my version/vision of QPR - so try not to worry about that! If you can't show some respect for my 45 year old marriage to the club, get off my radar! But if I entertain you enough to make you laugh, that's great - it obviously also says something about who you are/what you need!

Haven't seen the highlights from today's game but glad to read all the positive reports, which suggest plenty has gone on behind the scenes and it clearly went considerably better than many of us expected. Especially without Hugill, Eze and Wells, we need to find a balance between 'Warbleball' and defensive nous/resilience and perhaps we can. after that, when us fans get back, it might get real again.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 22:30 - Sep 12 with 1122 viewsEsox_Lucius

According to a Forest fan... "we haven't won an away opening day game since 1997". I don't know if that is true or not, I can't get over the nightmares of recent large scores against us at the KPFS.

The grass is always greener.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 22:59 - Sep 12 with 1062 viewslondonscottish

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 21:12 - Sep 12 by CiderwithRsie

Yeah, quite right, but if I made a list of what i wanted this season it'd go something like:

- more effective defending all through the team, preferably with some clean sheets.
- big improvements from Amos and Carroll over what we saw from them before, because we've gambled on signing them in an area we were poor at last year

I got all of that today against one of the better resourced clubs in the league which at least shows all those things are possible from this group of players under this manager.

I'm actually really pleased Chair's goal was a tap-in because we already know he's got loads of skill, I want to know that he can put away simple chances, especially if it means wrapping up the points in the last few minutes.

I don't expect this team, still very young, to manage "very professional, hard-working" consistently all season but it's a start and the template has been laid down.

This

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 02:26 - Sep 13 with 915 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 21:12 - Sep 12 by CiderwithRsie

I reckon Chair and Dykes might get more goals than Eze and Hugill you know, but I get the feeling they aren’t as adept at playing the football Warburton wants but Amos and Carroll will contribute more in that regard.

Exciting times ahead I think.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024