Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. 21:43 - Sep 8 with 40494 viewsqpr_1968

i know its early.
can't wait for the day, even though we can't be there.
obviously don't know the teams.
but, my first game was against forest in 1968, won 2-1.
best game i've seen slaughter some one, 1984, 3-0.
and my head says they are going to thrash us, but my heart say's......1-0, qpr.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:11 - Sep 12 with 2444 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:04 - Sep 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

This has put a dent in worries we have about losing Eze and Hugill. Was without Manning too due to ‘contract complications’.

EIEIEIO

I'm delighted, but it doesn't change what I say every season.
First games mean f all.

The year Reading got over 100 points they lost the opening day. Charlton won about their first four didn't they last season?

Not wanting to put a dampener on it, because it was a very professional, hard working performance and thoroughly deserved all three points!

Bare bones.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:12 - Sep 12 with 2410 viewsdublinr

Well well, didn't see that coming. Fine performance all round. Professional and physical, full of craft and guile.
Now I'm excited...

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:12 - Sep 12 with 2395 viewsHAYESBOY

The emergence of Kakay and Wallace in at left back makes our back 4 stronger defensively.
And it didn't take away from them getting forward.
Dickie looks solid (matron).
BOS looked motivated. Certainly didn't look like he was shirking for a move away.

Thought Amos was fantastic today. Gave no Forest player any time on the ball and his stats for the miles he covered today must be the highest on our side.

Fantastic win. Well done boys. C'mon U R's.

We obviously need another striker and perhaps a winger, but happy with that as i was a tad worried after watching last week.

Smells like a trout farm in here

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:13 - Sep 12 with 2364 viewsAntti_Heinola

Worth pointing out they had a wealth of attacking talent on at the end that I'm sure we'd love to have, which shows how well we defended.

Moment of the match though was when Nick London DEFINITELY called him 'Loyal Taylor.'

Bare bones.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:14 - Sep 12 with 2352 viewsqpr_1968

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:03 - Sep 12 by kensalriser

No shots on target for Forest.

gotta feeling they thought they only had to turn up for the 3 points.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:14 - Sep 12 with 2350 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:11 - Sep 12 by Antti_Heinola

First games mean f all.

The year Reading got over 100 points they lost the opening day. Charlton won about their first four didn't they last season?

Not wanting to put a dampener on it, because it was a very professional, hard working performance and thoroughly deserved all three points!

Agreed but it’s always nice to beat Forest, first game or last

Poll: Expectations for this season?

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:17 - Sep 12 with 2303 viewsessextaxiboy

First games mean f all.

We beat Stoke away last year , finished around where we always do.
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:18 - Sep 12 with 2278 viewsDavieQPR

Thought the defence looked stronger without Manning.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:22 - Sep 12 with 2224 viewsessextaxiboy

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:18 - Sep 12 by DavieQPR

Thought the defence looked stronger without Manning.

...with Barbet
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:24 - Sep 12 with 2160 viewsstainrods_elbow

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 16:31 - Sep 12 by CiderwithRsie

You know what, that would cut a lot more ice if you hadn't just referred to absolutely all of the rest of us as "you ignorant lot".

That was intended as an allusive caricature (though hardly actually an exaggeration, in the light of Clive's interview) of the Warbler's attitude to us fans for pity's sake! As for me and the fanbase, though I tend to prefer intelligent, thoughtful, free-thinking Rs to those who behave more like abusive cult members on this board, I've even been known to throw my arms around some of the less attractive specimens among our tribe over the years.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:24 - Sep 12 with 2175 viewsisawqpratwcity

Good result!

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:41 - Sep 12 with 2005 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

First games mean f all.

True, but if you was going to pick goals and performances from two players today, Dykes and Chair would have allayed the most fears.
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:43 - Sep 12 with 1967 viewsstainrods_elbow

Pleasing result, promising debut for Dykes and good to see Chair on the scoresheet. I've been one of Lumley's more outspoken critics, but it sounds like he really played his part today and perhaps it's even a season that could make and not break him. As has been mooted, the squad looks light and short of quality in places, but, irrespective of the Eze money Hoos and the board allow us to use, a lot will hinge on Warburton's abilty to knit together our teamwork and cohesion and addressing the defensive failings of last year with his coaches (if he/they can - even with the cut and thrust of our rising Mr Dickie, I have my doubts).

For me, though, it's not and never will be a real season without us, however the Covid cake is cut. We can place a close-contact game with all the organisation/personnel behind it, but no fans permitted - do me a favour! When the world has a sanity transfusion and we're treated like we matter again, I'll see how I feel about buying a ticket. Till then, it's like watching a memory of football through an inverted telescope.

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:44 - Sep 12 with 1969 viewshantssi

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:24 - Sep 12 by stainrods_elbow

That was intended as an allusive caricature (though hardly actually an exaggeration, in the light of Clive's interview) of the Warbler's attitude to us fans for pity's sake! As for me and the fanbase, though I tend to prefer intelligent, thoughtful, free-thinking Rs to those who behave more like abusive cult members on this board, I've even been known to throw my arms around some of the less attractive specimens among our tribe over the years.

Why do you have to call him the “Warbler”?
You really are a sad character, only seem to be happy when complaining.
I’d put you on ignore but you actually make me laugh!
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 17:53 - Sep 12 with 1894 viewsqpr_1968

never watched the game but stayed with this thread for all game.

what i can gather and obviously pleased about was...
the distribution of lumley....more confident with no crowd
amos and carrol seemed to up their game. from what i'd seen of ltc, he seemed a bit of a light weight.
barbet..very solid
dykes....old fashioned center forward, bustler.
chair....started where he left off last season..like the little fellow.
cameron and bos, did'nt really get an indepth feeling on them two, but know what they are capable of, positivley, early days.
all good.......you rrrrssss.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 18:03 - Sep 12 with 1829 viewsA40Bosh

"the distribution of lumley....more confident with no crowd"

I really hope that the "no crowd" was irrelevant for JL today. He certainly commanded his box pretty well today, coming for the odd cross or over hit pass, but what I like about Joe is that the minute the ball is under his control he is looking for the early release with a throw down through the middle if he can.

Could not fault the back 4 today - at some point wide players are going to get in behind you so not too much criticism for Ossie as the odd couple of time Ameobi got in behind him it came to nothing.

Both Dickie and Barbet looked solid today and it seems that Wallace was as eager to get up the left wing as Manning usually did.

Amos and LTC both had great first halves today, Chair looked busy and BOS was at times a nuisance but no where near the ruthless and lethal finish he was at times - I hope he stays and does the business again this year.

Great start for Dykes, looked a handful and dispatched that penalty with venom.

As Brian McC says on another thread, no reason to get over excited about one win, but a very encouraging performance against a team I thought we would really struggle against today.

Well done all involved at QPR today

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 18:20 - Sep 12 with 1750 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The only loser out of today was Manning. Didn’t do his contact demands much good.
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 18:24 - Sep 12 with 1710 viewsPlanetHonneywood

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 18:20 - Sep 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

The only loser out of today was Manning. Didn’t do his contact demands much good.

Is there a backstory to his omission?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 18:29 - Sep 12 with 1690 viewsqpr_1968

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 18:20 - Sep 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

contact or contract.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 19:30 - Sep 12 with 1527 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 18:24 - Sep 12 by PlanetHonneywood

Is there a backstory to his omission?

Well the commentator himself stated it was due to Contract complications which while honest struck me as unusual.
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 19:30 - Sep 12 with 1525 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 18:29 - Sep 12 by qpr_1968

contact or contract.

Pedant or pendant
QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 19:44 - Sep 12 with 1475 viewsqpr_1968

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 19:30 - Sep 12 by BazzaInTheLoft

Pedant or pendant

no, got it, you misspelt contract.....big difference.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 20:34 - Sep 12 with 1301 viewsNortholt_Rs

Just back.....from a family day out in sunny Regents Park. What an immense result! Dykes scores on his league debut and a clean sheet!!! Fabulous day.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 20:49 - Sep 12 with 1458 viewsqpr_1968

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 20:34 - Sep 12 by Northolt_Rs

Just back.....from a family day out in sunny Regents Park. What an immense result! Dykes scores on his league debut and a clean sheet!!! Fabulous day.

glad you enjoyed mate.

QPR V NOTTS FOREST THREAD. on 21:12 - Sep 12 with 1359 viewsCiderwithRsie

First games mean f all.

Yeah, quite right, but if I made a list of what i wanted this season it'd go something like:

- Dykes and Chair scoring goals to replace Eze and Hugill/Wells
- more effective defending all through the team, preferably with some clean sheets.
- no more silly errors from Lumley
- big improvements from Amos and Carroll over what we saw from them before, because we've gambled on signing them in an area we were poor at last year
- carrying on with the attacking entertaining football.

I got all of that today against one of the better resourced clubs in the league which at least shows all those things are possible from this group of players under this manager.

I'm actually really pleased Chair's goal was a tap-in because we already know he's got loads of skill, I want to know that he can put away simple chances, especially if it means wrapping up the points in the last few minutes.

I don't expect this team, still very young, to manage "very professional, hard-working" consistently all season but it's a start and the template has been laid down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024