Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poppies 18:14 - Nov 10 with 7206 viewsBanosswan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3924358/Wales-not-wear-poppies-shirts-pl

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Poppies on 18:26 - Nov 10 with 4787 viewsswan65split

Personally I am dissapointed, both England and Scotland it seems will have a Poppy.
Young men have lost their lives and some badly maimed, or left with Mental issues, yet the WFA are afraid of losing points or having a fine!
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 18:26]
Poppies on 18:30 - Nov 10 with 4753 viewsRevJames

Shameful decision and totally lacking in respect for those who have served and given their lives for our country and others around the world.

People have risked and given their lives while it appears we are afraid of a fine and points deduction.

What has the world come to?
Poppies on 18:30 - Nov 10 with 4753 viewsJethroJack

FAW, you're a bloody disgrace, cow-towing to a bunch of crooks at FIFA.
FFS, grow a pair.
Poppies on 18:33 - Nov 10 with 4735 viewsunion_jack

Poppies on 18:30 - Nov 10 by JethroJack

FFS, grow a pair.

There should be some kind of protest on the night. What exactly, I don't know. But something.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Poppies on 18:41 - Nov 10 with 4701 viewsJethroJack

Poppies on 18:33 - Nov 10 by union_jack

There should be some kind of protest on the night. What exactly, I don't know. But something.

What is it at the moment with club & now country?
Can't somebody get just ONE decision right!
The FAW should be applauded for keeping ticket prices at a reasonable level, when they might have been tempted to "cash in" on Euro success. Now they go and spoil it by making a crass decision like this.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 18:42]
Poppies on 18:49 - Nov 10 with 4652 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

How will they afford to stay in expensive hotels all over Europe if they have to use some of the millions the team earned during Euro 2016 to pay the fine?

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Poppies on 18:53 - Nov 10 with 4645 viewsJackFish

Poppies on 18:30 - Nov 10 by JethroJack

FFS, grow a pair.

And risk a points deduction? Why bother? They're going to wear black armbands and there will be a display before the game, that's plenty IMO.
Poppies on 19:01 - Nov 10 with 4625 viewsOldjack

Poppies on 18:53 - Nov 10 by JackFish

And risk a points deduction? Why bother? They're going to wear black armbands and there will be a display before the game, that's plenty IMO.

Fuk em and wear them, THIS IS A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE AND PRIDE

[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 19:07]

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Login to get fewer ads

Poppies on 19:10 - Nov 10 with 4585 viewssherpajacob

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/78957776-sport-football-pic-november-1987-europ

England played on 11November in 1987. Not a poppy or armband in sight.

I'm proud to wear a poppy and have always observed remembrance day and remembrance Sunday,in the 70s and 80s before it became "fashionable". It is mainly a commonwealth thing and not observed by the rest of the world, hence FIFAs decision.

Serbia will not be wearing poppies, and Serbia suffered more than any other individual nation during the great war.

To me it's a personal thing far more than any public and collective display.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 19:56]

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Poppies on 19:16 - Nov 10 with 4569 viewsJethroJack

Just like the FAW, you need to grow a pair too...points deduction, my arse!
Poppies on 19:18 - Nov 10 with 4561 viewsswan_si

they could make a big donation to the poppy appeal just before kick off, and fill the advertising boards with "Wales supports the poppy appeal" hopefully this would been seen as sticking the middle finger up to FIFA.
Poppies on 19:40 - Nov 10 with 4511 viewsLeonWasGod

Poppies on 19:10 - Nov 10 by sherpajacob

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/78957776-sport-football-pic-november-1987-europ

England played on 11November in 1987. Not a poppy or armband in sight.

I'm proud to wear a poppy and have always observed remembrance day and remembrance Sunday,in the 70s and 80s before it became "fashionable". It is mainly a commonwealth thing and not observed by the rest of the world, hence FIFAs decision.

Serbia will not be wearing poppies, and Serbia suffered more than any other individual nation during the great war.

To me it's a personal thing far more than any public and collective display.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 19:56]

Well said. Was going to post something similar, but probably less coherent. Poppies on football shirts is a modern gimmick. Not having them doesn't stop anyone from showing their respect. I'm pretty liberal on most things but collective social justice outrage, not just on this issue, seems all the fashion and drives me nuts.

Someone sitting quietly, genuinely reflecting and making a concious decision to do something positive in the memory of our fallen is worth a million tweets about how wronged we've been by FIFA.
Poppies on 19:40 - Nov 10 with 4511 viewsunion_jack

Poppies on 19:01 - Nov 10 by Oldjack

Fuk em and wear them, THIS IS A MATTER OF PRINCIPLE AND PRIDE

[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 19:07]

This Alan but I'd prefer a good old British 2 finger salute!

Poppies on 19:46 - Nov 10 with 4489 viewsLeonWasGod

Poppies on 19:18 - Nov 10 by swan_si

they could make a big donation to the poppy appeal just before kick off, and fill the advertising boards with "Wales supports the poppy appeal" hopefully this would been seen as sticking the middle finger up to FIFA.

Think that a decent idea. Also let the collection buckets into the ground - the money raised far more important than what's on the shirts.
Poppies on 19:51 - Nov 10 with 4467 viewsjacabertawe

Poppies on 19:16 - Nov 10 by JethroJack

Just like the FAW, you need to grow a pair too...points deduction, my arse!

Oh, you are absolutely sure that we would not be deducted points?

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Poppies on 19:56 - Nov 10 with 4446 viewsjack2jack

No respect whatsoever,terrible decision.Whats going on the world's gone mad.
Poppies on 19:57 - Nov 10 with 4433 viewssherpajacob

Poppies on 18:33 - Nov 10 by union_jack

How about everybody in the crowd wears a poppy, if they want to.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Poppies on 19:58 - Nov 10 with 4423 viewsunion_jack

Poppies on 19:51 - Nov 10 by jacabertawe

Personally, I would have taken that risk. Capitulating to FIFA is despicable in these circumstances. The fallen, the freedom they fought for and gave us means obviously little to some `Swiss based organisation. It is not political and in no way should be seen as that.

The FAW are spineless, gutless b@stards, the lot of them. Brought shame upon the whole of Wales not just themselves. Hope they get pilloried on Saturday although I suppose they'll be faceless members in the crowd. Look for someone in a tweed jacket over 80 and there's a good chance he's one of them.

Poppies on 20:01 - Nov 10 with 4412 viewsLeonWasGod

Poppies on 19:57 - Nov 10 by sherpajacob

How about everybody in the crowd wears a poppy, if they want to.

Nah, that will never catch on!
Poppies on 20:02 - Nov 10 with 4403 viewsjacabertawe

Poppies on 19:58 - Nov 10 by union_jack

Personally, I would have taken that risk. Capitulating to FIFA is despicable in these circumstances. The fallen, the freedom they fought for and gave us means obviously little to some `Swiss based organisation. It is not political and in no way should be seen as that.

The FAW are spineless, gutless b@stards, the lot of them. Brought shame upon the whole of Wales not just themselves. Hope they get pilloried on Saturday although I suppose they'll be faceless members in the crowd. Look for someone in a tweed jacket over 80 and there's a good chance he's one of them.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spectacular-poppy-gest

Ah ha!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Poppies on 23:53 - Nov 10 with 4244 viewsJethroJack

Poppies on 19:51 - Nov 10 by jacabertawe

Yep.
Poppies on 00:26 - Nov 11 with 4216 viewslonglostjack

Every year it gets worse this poppy thing. The original sentiment has been corrupted by holier than though types in the media and politics. As a fair few others on PS, I'm old enough to have grown up with uncles who actually fought in the war. They used to love a drink in the Legion ( was always cheaper :-) ) and the poppy was something a bit special for Remembrance Day. If there is an after life they''ll be laughing their heads off from up above at all this crap.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Poppies on 01:59 - Nov 11 with 4180 viewsLoyal

Ireland were fined about £12.50 for Easter rising celebrations. Cnts.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Poppies on 02:01 - Nov 11 with 4179 viewsLoyal

Poppies on 20:02 - Nov 10 by jacabertawe

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/spectacular-poppy-gest

Ah ha!

Wonderfully creative 😂

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Poppies on 03:36 - Nov 11 with 4165 viewsGlyn1

Poppies on 00:26 - Nov 11 by longlostjack

Every year it gets worse this poppy thing. The original sentiment has been corrupted by holier than though types in the media and politics. As a fair few others on PS, I'm old enough to have grown up with uncles who actually fought in the war. They used to love a drink in the Legion ( was always cheaper :-) ) and the poppy was something a bit special for Remembrance Day. If there is an after life they''ll be laughing their heads off from up above at all this crap.

Very well said.

This is getting ridiculous - no British teams wore poppies when they played matches in the 1940s/1950s/1960s (when most of the players had served in the military) and no-one called them unpatriotic, so why start now? Wearing a poppy or not wearing one won't make any difference to the heroes who fought for our country: it's just political correctness on the part of the Daily Mail and the FA who think that they can attack UEFA for following the rules.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024