Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hodgson 21:55 - Jun 27 with 9161 viewsted_hendrix

Fall on your sword.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Hodgson on 18:09 - Jun 28 with 1666 viewsPunteR

Hodgson on 08:32 - Jun 28 by paulparker

a big part of the blame goes on that cretin Hodgson shoulders
this manager has had 4 years , during that time we finished last in our group in the last world cup playing dismal football yet he kept his job and was given the easiest qualify group in the history of football for this Euros
during this time we don't know what our best formation is, we have no style of playing
and at all costs we have to shoehorn Rooney into the team giving way to other talents like Barkley, Ali, Sterling from playing in there best positions
Woy is the clown who brought on Milner when we were killing the Russians
he is the tvvat who picked Wiltshire in the squad even though he hadn't played 90 minutes all season for arsenal and dropping a league winner in Drinkwater or not even giving Noble a chance
he also made 6 changes to a winning team to draw against Slovenia when it wasn't needed so he could experiment
woy had Kane on free kicks and corners and he is the one in charge of coaching set pieces which have been dismal
he is the idiot who didn't take a wide player
when we are lacking width he brings on Rashford with 3 minutes to go when he isn't a winger
he is the one who persisted with that greedy kunt sturridge when we should have played lallana
only Woy could have someone like Vardy , a top scorer and league winner and not know what the fcuk to do with him
what summed us having this old codger in charge was when we beat Germany playing a 4-2-3-1 we had no rooney and we played with pace and scared the sh1t out of them
we got a brilliant result and woy had stumbled on a good team and formation
what happens 3 days later we play the diamond with Milner in the team changing everything and lose to the worst Dutch team to ever pull on an orange jesery
I said before we started this tournament that we wouldn't get out of the group stages and if it wasn't for a toe poke against the welsh then we wouldn't of qualified , I was also laughed at saying that wodgson should have been sacked after the last game ,
we played exactly the same and again we didn't test a dodgy keeper once

Ted in his earlier post said we need complete overhaul , well we have been saying that since 2010 and in that time we have built st georges park which we don't use for training as we use arsenals training ground , we spent millions on this and was told it would be the academy to end all academy's, all we do is higher it out to the first bidders
we also need to stop playing games at Wembley , its a sh1t atmosphere , lets go back to places like sunderland , derby, Ipswich even selhurst park would do , anything than the stupid face painted kids, pukka pies band bollox & happy clapper clicker things
Dyke needs to resign as well , this prat is the one who kept hodgson around he is in charge of the FA , he should be insisting on more England get togethers but bottles it with the prem and the only thing he is concerned about is getting premier league B teams into the football league

the players also need to have a good look at themselves , where are the leaders ?
who is the one getting the team going or taking responsibility when it gets tough out there , to many shirkers , also why don't some of this lot go and play abroad ?, our best player is Dier who played in Portugal as a kid , its no coincidence he is our best player technically & mentally , it was the same when we had Hargreaves in the side a few years back

as for the next manager it needs to be Eddie Howe, a young dynamic manager who players a good system and actually practises new set piece routines
we need to drop Rooney , Milner , Wiltshire , Hart, Sturridge and build a team around Dier & Ali
we need to get in Shawcross in at the back a leader and a talker , we can build again with players like Butland, Shaw, Cresswell, Ox, Ali, Sterling, Townsend, Loftus Cheek,
Dier, Carroll , Rashford, Walker, Clyne, Wellbeck , Stones , Barkley ,

we just need organising with the right manager but sadly the Fa will go for Southgate and in 2 years time we will be having the same conversations

Cant disagree with any of that mr parker.. Good post.
Although I'm not sure Eddie Howe is the right man for the job.
Dyche would be my choice.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Hodgson on 18:11 - Jun 28 with 1659 viewspaulparker

Hodgson on 17:56 - Jun 28 by Lblock

Lets put an application in to do the job on a joint basis

We couldn't do any worse although the first thing we will have to do is sort out the pre match tunes

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hodgson on 19:28 - Jun 28 with 1619 viewsFredManRave

Hodgson on 17:56 - Jun 28 by Lblock

Lets put an application in to do the job on a joint basis

3 joints for a win, 1 for a draw and none for a defeat.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Hodgson on 23:44 - Jun 28 with 1558 viewsTacticalR

Looks like the FA made Hodgson do another presser today for some reason:

Roy Hodgson faces media but says: ‘I don’t really know what I am doing here’
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/28/roy-hodgson-dont-know-what-doin

Air hostess clique

Hodgson on 08:04 - Jun 29 with 1511 viewspaulparker

Hodgson on 23:44 - Jun 28 by TacticalR

Looks like the FA made Hodgson do another presser today for some reason:

Roy Hodgson faces media but says: ‘I don’t really know what I am doing here’
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/28/roy-hodgson-dont-know-what-doin

Fed up with hearing what a nice man woy is , no he isn't he is a nasty, snidey, fcuking coward
" I don't know what im doing here "
its your job you bell end , you are culpable for that shambles and yet he still got away scott free from the press , England fans spent thousands , were tear gassed and had mad steroid Russians trying to cave there heads in yet he doesn't want to give a press conference on why we can force a save from a part time goalkeeper
fcuk off back to your garden you absolute shyster , what a waste the last 4 years were

as for the Fa bloke saying 3 times I don't know about the football side of things , words fail me , its like having phil beard on the FA ,
that's me done with England I honestly hope we don't qualify for the next world cup

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Hodgson on 08:40 - Jun 29 with 1499 viewsDiscodroids

Did any one here Alex lowes Impressions of woy on the christian o'conell breakfast show on absolute radio over the past couple of weeks. ?. ive pasted a link to the last couple of them below..

http://omnyapp.com/shows/the-christian-o-connell-breakfast-show/farewell-roy

http://omnyapp.com/shows/the-christian-o-connell-breakfast-show/iceland-iceland-

Moreover, ive lost my mind and want Glenn Hoddle as the Next England Manager.

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Hodgson on 10:28 - Jun 29 with 1471 viewsAntti_Heinola

Hodgson on 08:04 - Jun 29 by paulparker

Fed up with hearing what a nice man woy is , no he isn't he is a nasty, snidey, fcuking coward
" I don't know what im doing here "
its your job you bell end , you are culpable for that shambles and yet he still got away scott free from the press , England fans spent thousands , were tear gassed and had mad steroid Russians trying to cave there heads in yet he doesn't want to give a press conference on why we can force a save from a part time goalkeeper
fcuk off back to your garden you absolute shyster , what a waste the last 4 years were

as for the Fa bloke saying 3 times I don't know about the football side of things , words fail me , its like having phil beard on the FA ,
that's me done with England I honestly hope we don't qualify for the next world cup

Yeah, I think for your own health and sanity that might not be a bad idea mate.
I pretty much gave up in 2006 after that bottle job.

Bare bones.

Hodgson on 11:08 - Jun 29 with 1447 viewspaulparker

Hodgson on 10:28 - Jun 29 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, I think for your own health and sanity that might not be a bad idea mate.
I pretty much gave up in 2006 after that bottle job.

We have all been conned again Antti , this could have been a great tournament for us
but we have lacked bottle and that comes from Hodgson and the FA
The rest of the home nations have shown guts , passion & pride , we have gone home with another wimper
hopefully England fans vote with there feet this time for the new qualifying campaign and its the start of the Fa's downfall

Login to get fewer ads

Hodgson on 11:18 - Jun 29 with 1435 viewskensalriser

You've conned yourself mate! Expect nothing from England and you won't be disappointed.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Hodgson on 11:31 - Jun 29 with 1421 viewspaulparker

Hodgson on 11:18 - Jun 29 by kensalriser

You've conned yourself mate! Expect nothing from England and you won't be disappointed.

Tbh I didn't with Hodgson in charge as didn't expect us to get out of the group
but with the players we had I secretly thought we would at least get through Iceland and possibly the French, the thing is I really do think we have the players but until the FA
grow a set and stop this comfortable world of yes men, and jolly ups then things will never change
if reports are true that we are waiting on Wenger for a year before taking over then words baffle me , here is a man who has ruined nearly every single English player he has signed and we will wait for him , that's got to be a joke

Hodgson on 11:34 - Jun 29 with 1414 viewsdaveB

Hodgson on 08:40 - Jun 29 by Discodroids

Did any one here Alex lowes Impressions of woy on the christian o'conell breakfast show on absolute radio over the past couple of weeks. ?. ive pasted a link to the last couple of them below..

http://omnyapp.com/shows/the-christian-o-connell-breakfast-show/farewell-roy

http://omnyapp.com/shows/the-christian-o-connell-breakfast-show/iceland-iceland-

Moreover, ive lost my mind and want Glenn Hoddle as the Next England Manager.

Out of interest why would you want Hoddle? I've heard his name come up a lot and just don't get the attraction. Yes he did ok 18 years ago but he still went into a tournament having to change his plan and team after 2 games and went straight out as soon as we played a decent team. Since then he's been a serial loser, our old friend Joey Barton was slating his coaching methods the other night saying they are outdated.
Hodgson on 11:55 - Jun 29 with 1401 viewssimmo

Hodgson on 11:08 - Jun 29 by paulparker

We have all been conned again Antti , this could have been a great tournament for us
but we have lacked bottle and that comes from Hodgson and the FA
The rest of the home nations have shown guts , passion & pride , we have gone home with another wimper
hopefully England fans vote with there feet this time for the new qualifying campaign and its the start of the Fa's downfall

The Premier League holds so much power that the FA doesn't have the balls to take them on and demand more focus on the national team. I also think, as above, that Hodgson was a good appointment for the off the field stuff, but he's failed spectacularly in this tournament and got everything wrong.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Hodgson on 12:16 - Jun 29 with 1389 viewspaulparker

Hodgson on 11:55 - Jun 29 by simmo

The Premier League holds so much power that the FA doesn't have the balls to take them on and demand more focus on the national team. I also think, as above, that Hodgson was a good appointment for the off the field stuff, but he's failed spectacularly in this tournament and got everything wrong.

He didn't just fail in this tournament Simmo but the World cup as well
in his time we have beaten only Sweden, Ukraine & Wales in Tournament football
3.5 million a year for that , that would be some off the field stuff to justify that salary

I do agree that the Prem holds all cards and this is where the problem lays
we need a strong England manager and a strong FA Board , didn't hodgson ask for a training get together last season and was laughed at by the PL ?

if Dyke and his cronies are hell bent on scrapping replays in the FA cup to help the PL then that time should be spent training with England , no ifs no buts
EL Tel had it right when he did get togethers for training , we have st Georges park so put the poxy thing to use instead of leaving it looking like another white elephant waste of money

Hodgson on 12:47 - Jun 29 with 1371 viewssimmo

Hodgson on 12:16 - Jun 29 by paulparker

3.5 million a year for that , that would be some off the field stuff to justify that salary

we need a strong England manager and a strong FA Board , didn't hodgson ask for a training get together last season and was laughed at by the PL ?

if Dyke and his cronies are hell bent on scrapping replays in the FA cup to help the PL then that time should be spent training with England , no ifs no buts
EL Tel had it right when he did get togethers for training , we have st Georges park so put the poxy thing to use instead of leaving it looking like another white elephant waste of money

Completely agree across both tournaments we've been dog w@nk. There was SOME justification with superior opposition in the WC, but overall it's not been good enough. No realists expect us to win things any more, but we have better players than our performances and results have shown and that has to fall at the door of the FA and Management.

As I mentioned already though, Hodgson actively pushed for lots of things that he wouldn't benefit from directly, he took a pro-active approach to all age groups and made sure young players were trusted whilst shuffling out the failures of the past. He's managed young talent well and apart from the last few weeks, cultivated a young group that could stay and grow together for tournaments to come. I don't think a lot of managers would have given a toss about anything other than results for the senior team which isn't enough for a country in transition.

His failings DEFINITELY outweigh his positives though, hence why his position became untenable. Italy have shown what a great manager and belief in a well drilled system can do for good (not world class players) - we should take encouragement from that and try to aim high with the next managerial appointment.

Hodgson on 13:21 - Jun 29 with 1348 viewsbob566

off the ball last night said that had Iceland not of beaten the Netherlands in qualifying and it was the dutch who put you out would hoggy still have been in a job whether they performed or not?

would he have fallen on his sword.

A lot of credit has to go to a good Icelandic team. They got out of a far tougher qualifying and tournament group. I'm beginning to think that they English players thought they'd roll over or be rabbits in headlights but obviously they had already beaten the dutch and certainly weren't going to bow down against England.

All the English players didn't perform and hoggy for some reason couldn't get them going. What you need to know is what was said at halftime that he couldn't inspire them or secretly had the players turned on him like its been reported.
Hodgson on 13:22 - Jun 29 with 1347 viewseasthertsr

The FA have appointed a succession of appalling 'safe' managers. McLaren, Capello Hodgson. All have been an utter failure. Now Southgate being mentioned, just dreadful. Fans should just simply refuse to go to international matches until we have a competent FA.
Hodgson on 13:39 - Jun 29 with 1330 viewspaulparker

Hodgson on 12:47 - Jun 29 by simmo

Completely agree across both tournaments we've been dog w@nk. There was SOME justification with superior opposition in the WC, but overall it's not been good enough. No realists expect us to win things any more, but we have better players than our performances and results have shown and that has to fall at the door of the FA and Management.

As I mentioned already though, Hodgson actively pushed for lots of things that he wouldn't benefit from directly, he took a pro-active approach to all age groups and made sure young players were trusted whilst shuffling out the failures of the past. He's managed young talent well and apart from the last few weeks, cultivated a young group that could stay and grow together for tournaments to come. I don't think a lot of managers would have given a toss about anything other than results for the senior team which isn't enough for a country in transition.

His failings DEFINITELY outweigh his positives though, hence why his position became untenable. Italy have shown what a great manager and belief in a well drilled system can do for good (not world class players) - we should take encouragement from that and try to aim high with the next managerial appointment.

Pretty much spot on there , we do have the players we just have to get out of this mindset of putting in square pegs in round holes , play to a system we are comfortable with and put players in the correct positions ,
if players are injured and not fit then they are not selected regardless of who it is
sadly I do think we will be having the same conversation again in 2 years time and nothing will have changed

Hodgson on 14:03 - Jun 29 with 1300 viewssimmo

Hodgson on 13:39 - Jun 29 by paulparker

Pretty much spot on there , we do have the players we just have to get out of this mindset of putting in square pegs in round holes , play to a system we are comfortable with and put players in the correct positions ,
if players are injured and not fit then they are not selected regardless of who it is
sadly I do think we will be having the same conversation again in 2 years time and nothing will have changed

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/28/england-football-team-we-d

Hodgson on 14:28 - Jun 29 with 1279 viewsdaveB

Hodgson on 12:16 - Jun 29 by paulparker

We've only won 6 knockout games at tournaments since 1966 (Paraguay 86, Belgium & Cameroon 90, Spain 96, Denmark 02, someone at 06)

Doesn't matter what we do, we're just not very good
Hodgson on 14:34 - Jun 29 with 1269 viewsdaveB

It's the same story evewry 2 years. We’ll have the usual blame game for week about number of foreigners in the league, money, how we coach 6 year olds etc but really it’s all a smokescreen.

Iceland have less players than us yet managed to go to a tournament with a game plan and saw it out. Italy have turned up with an average squad but a plan on how to win games and again it’s worked. Leicester won the league for being well organised and showed if you build a team rather than a set of individuals you can achieve anything.

If we had gone into this tournament with the same players being drilled over and over again to play a certain way and all know their job I think we'd have done a lot better. We played 4-3-3 but rather than play wide players in the wide positions we played strikers out of position and then wondered why they were crap. When chasing a game against a team playing 4-4-2 on Monday Hodgson did nothing to change the game just like for like changes.

Stick Conte or even Coleman in charge and they would have been switching the wide players, trying Rooney up front with Kane, just trying anything different but no we stuck with the same shape till the very end despite it being obvious it wasn’t working.
Even Redknapp would make changes in a game after he'd ballsed up the starting team. I've never seen a manager look so clueless as Hodgson did in that second half, you could read it on his face he was thinking I don't know what to do,

England have been crap for as long as I can remember, I think Euro 96 was the only tournament we went into with a clear plan, every other one we change the team and the shape after one game even under the much heralded Hoddle in 98. Even under Bobby Robson we scrapped plan A in 86 and 90 after 2 games.

I usually want an English manager but think the options are very limited this time so would go for someone who knows how to organise a team to win matches, for me I’d go for Rafa Benitez.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 14:36]
Hodgson on 15:08 - Jun 29 with 1228 viewspaulparker

Hodgson on 14:34 - Jun 29 by daveB

It's the same story evewry 2 years. We’ll have the usual blame game for week about number of foreigners in the league, money, how we coach 6 year olds etc but really it’s all a smokescreen.

Iceland have less players than us yet managed to go to a tournament with a game plan and saw it out. Italy have turned up with an average squad but a plan on how to win games and again it’s worked. Leicester won the league for being well organised and showed if you build a team rather than a set of individuals you can achieve anything.

If we had gone into this tournament with the same players being drilled over and over again to play a certain way and all know their job I think we'd have done a lot better. We played 4-3-3 but rather than play wide players in the wide positions we played strikers out of position and then wondered why they were crap. When chasing a game against a team playing 4-4-2 on Monday Hodgson did nothing to change the game just like for like changes.

Stick Conte or even Coleman in charge and they would have been switching the wide players, trying Rooney up front with Kane, just trying anything different but no we stuck with the same shape till the very end despite it being obvious it wasn’t working.
Even Redknapp would make changes in a game after he'd ballsed up the starting team. I've never seen a manager look so clueless as Hodgson did in that second half, you could read it on his face he was thinking I don't know what to do,

England have been crap for as long as I can remember, I think Euro 96 was the only tournament we went into with a clear plan, every other one we change the team and the shape after one game even under the much heralded Hoddle in 98. Even under Bobby Robson we scrapped plan A in 86 and 90 after 2 games.

I usually want an English manager but think the options are very limited this time so would go for someone who knows how to organise a team to win matches, for me I’d go for Rafa Benitez.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2016 14:36]

The Premier league has killed the national game , to many foreign managers, players and now even owners who couldn't give a rats arse about English football , its a big hyperbole of razzmatazz in 3 weeks we will be counting down to Mourniho vs Gauardiloa , Klopp vs Conte ,
you only have to look at the past few days to see the transfer activity going on
£33 million on a belguim wonderkid is what Chelsea are spunking obviously not noticing there own wonderkids in Lewis Baker who was top score at Toulon or Patrick Bamford
you have Liverpool who have just spent 30 million on Mane when only last season they had Bentke & orgi , again not noticing Jordon ibe and the lad Sinclair who banged them in at youth level
City are doing the same , does anyone remotely think Guardiola will play any city youngsters or that Mourinhio will play Rashford
that's the problem these kids don't get a chance , that Sinclair lad is 21 but has played less than 20 games in his career ,
would a young les Ferdinand get a chance now, no chance
until we sort this problem out we are going no where, carragher is right we have a generation of academy players who are mothered in everything that they do

I do agree we need a strong manager , Rafa is a great shout short term but that's all he is lately a short term fix ,in my mind we need someone who is going to be with this squad for the next 8 years or so which is where Eddie Howe comes in , have him and maybe paul clement as his number 2 , have Warburton come do some training as well,
Howe seems a head strong good coach and always looks to improve with set pieces , he plays young players and plays good football ,
that's all we ask isn't it that we play good attacking football , we need a purpose , we need to get the nation back on track , sod Wembley take the games around the grounds again with cut price tickets , drop Rooney, hart, Sturridge Wiltshire , Milner and lets
build a team around Stones, shawcross, butland, Ox , Kane, Barkley, Ali , Dier, Loftus Cheek

Hodgson on 15:52 - Jun 29 with 1201 viewsdaveB

agree young kids don't get a chance and thats the case all the way down the leagues. Only have to look at QPR to see how few kids get a chance as we are so obsessed with the result.

I like the idea of Howe getting it long term but think the egos of the players would see him struggle which is why I'd go for a more short term option
Hodgson on 01:40 - Jun 30 with 1124 viewstimcocking

Good for Roy, he did so immediately.

Him personally, i rather like. I think he's an intelligent and dignified man, which is a real rarity in the world of football.

His team, obviously, has been a complete fcuking humiliation though.
Hodgson on 02:29 - Jun 30 with 1118 viewsLoft1979

Hodgson had a stunning march to qualifying.
- He PICKED young players like Dele, Kane, Dier, Stones
-He played some great football and England were good to watch

Euros 2016:
-England thoroughly dominated Russia. Played a great game. Only a fluke 96th minute header and Sterling's lack of football acumen separated England from 3 points- (that said...England NEED a CB ala DAVE WATSON).
-He found gold in Dele Ali, then in order to bring in Rooney, he sacrifices Ali. BLUF- (in hindsight) he HAD the team, formula and opportunity but faithfulness (by bringing back Rooney) was a gamble that failed.
Hodgson on 08:44 - Jun 30 with 1049 viewsDiscodroids

Hodgson on 11:34 - Jun 29 by daveB

Out of interest why would you want Hoddle? I've heard his name come up a lot and just don't get the attraction. Yes he did ok 18 years ago but he still went into a tournament having to change his plan and team after 2 games and went straight out as soon as we played a decent team. Since then he's been a serial loser, our old friend Joey Barton was slating his coaching methods the other night saying they are outdated.

Ive had 24 hours to think about it, and I will be quite frank with you Dave, the only reason I want Hoddle is that he isnt Southgate and we share the same christian Name.

hardly a compelling case , One must admit.
[Post edited 30 Jun 2016 8:45]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024