Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Predictions and expectations 14:44 - Jun 18 with 8561 viewsMvpeter

Let me start by saying I'm very happy with the summer so far in regards to the football side of things so I'm not even arguing for the right to moan, quite the opposite for once, I wish for the right to praise.

But I've noticed this bizarre trend taking place within the QPR fan community, not just on here, where opinions and predictions on signings aren't acceptable or are pointless. Where has this nonsense come from that the signings looked good last season? And that because of said nonsense people can't possibly make predictions on this years signings. That was with foresight the worst preseason preparation I have ever seen.

We had enough goalkeepers and attacking midfielders ( a position we don't use.) That was it. Short at centreback, 1 full back for 2 positions, 2 fit central midfielders, two wingers and two fit strikers.

This is after we left it very late to make even the signings needed to make that squad ensuring that half would miss the amateur preseason and that we'd be a team of strangers once again. That is atrocious.

I am so tired of this wait and see delaying tactic from the apologists. It's wait until they play then wait until they play 15 games then wait till January then wait till the seasons over and repeat again and again. The reason so many have been up in arms over so many decisions over the last four years is because they were the wrong decisions, they were seen to be wrong at the time and they have of course been proven to be wrong since.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Predictions and expectations on 08:44 - Jun 19 with 2429 viewsMvpeter

Predictions and expectations on 18:05 - Jun 18 by essextaxiboy

Heres the thing .. You are allowed to be wrong on LFW and in most things . Just because someone is an optimist and trys to find some positivity doesnt make them an apologist or "happy clappy" .

I just refuse to sit here in July and predict that we are going to have a crap season and struggle against relegation .

Actually it was me who spoke about Europe and it wasnt a prediction that we would make it but a comment that the odds were generous and for a small stake you could cover the cost of a couple of Euro aways...a hedge .

Just as this season a punt of say 30 quid could cover the increase in ST if we go back up . Most of us would spend that on beer at the first game .

I think we are building nicely and this time next year will be hoping we can hold on to Ramsey .
[Post edited 18 Jun 2015 18:15]

Here's the thing...I didn't say it was because of optimism,they're apologists because they're apologists. Now I don't know you or anyone else on here well enough to know but there are huge sections of support who thinks anyone employed by the club can do absolutely no wrong unless of course they are players, whose fault it somehow is.

See the thousands of club haters on the pitch after the Newcastle game praising Tony for his club demolition for further details.

Poll: Who should be our left back?

Predictions and expectations on 09:32 - Jun 19 with 2406 viewsPommyhoop

Predictions and expectations on 21:08 - Jun 18 by paulparker

I actually think we will have a decent season next year
There isn't a stand out team in the championship maybe Wolves or Hull
I think Boro will have a hangover and may start off poor and the rest are a much of a muchness
Green or Mcarthy are strong keepers if we can get in a decent right back say a Chris Gunter another CB to partner Ned some experience in midfield and of course a striker to replace Austin
We won't be a million miles off
As you know I'm not Ramseys biggest fan and I think we need a tough bar stard number 2 to help him say a Derry or Gerry Francis , I trust les to get that appointment right
The future is looking a lot brighter as a club and I think we can push for a play off place if we Finnish say 10 th or 11th playing decent football that wouldn't be bad either
On the whole I'm in a positive mood
NURSE !!!!

After some of the posts you put up a couple of weeks ago PP I'm framing the above post as a perfect example of 'Hedging your bets'.
Or maybe

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Predictions and expectations on 09:45 - Jun 19 with 2388 viewsW13R

Predictions and expectations on 22:41 - Jun 18 by switchingcode

Been there,seen it and done it.Was that last season you were referring to ...embarassing lol

Here's one for you, how about the pecking order for our side of town no matter what divisions we all may be in?

Chelsea
QPR
Fulham
Brentford

Now here's the difference, I admit those c**ts down the road are and will always be bigger than us.
You my buzzy little friend will never be above your three neighbours.
Predictions and expectations on 09:48 - Jun 19 with 2386 viewsadhoc_qpr

At the moment i'm pretty optimistic - surely next season must be more enjoyable than last season?

A solid, scrappy team that tries to win games and doesn't get relegated will do me.

I don't think Ramsey is a capable or inspirational enough character to achieve much more with likely a fairly average squad - unless Les assembles a really strong team on a shoe string somehow in which case we might do better.
Predictions and expectations on 10:13 - Jun 19 with 2374 viewslave16

Predictions and expectations on 09:48 - Jun 19 by adhoc_qpr

At the moment i'm pretty optimistic - surely next season must be more enjoyable than last season?

A solid, scrappy team that tries to win games and doesn't get relegated will do me.

I don't think Ramsey is a capable or inspirational enough character to achieve much more with likely a fairly average squad - unless Les assembles a really strong team on a shoe string somehow in which case we might do better.

I'm hoping playoffs to be honest... and from there who knows

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

Predictions and expectations on 11:42 - Jun 19 with 2348 viewsHooped_Pullie

I am reasonably pleased with the signings so far - let's hope they work out/make the step up successfully - but we need plenty more as it is, and even more than that if (or more likely, when) the exodus begins. There has been a lot about those we've let go at the end of their contracts, but a look at the websites which record these thing will tell you that most of the remainder of last season's squad (if fact, nearly all, Phillips being a notable exception) are out of contract at the end of 2015/16.

The big rebuild, therefore, will likely be a two-partner.

Optimistic ? I would be more so if we had a manager/ head coach who could actually get players doing the basics : the bedrock for success in all of last year's Premier League new manager scenarios (Pardew, Pulis, Advocaat, etc.) was that simplest of things : get the defence right before you do anything else. THEN you can nick one or two, and bag the points. CR showed himself wholly incapable of doing that.

Not optimistic, therefore.
Predictions and expectations on 11:49 - Jun 19 with 2327 viewspaulparker

Predictions and expectations on 09:32 - Jun 19 by Pommyhoop

After some of the posts you put up a couple of weeks ago PP I'm framing the above post as a perfect example of 'Hedging your bets'.
Or maybe

I still don't rate Ramsey Pom and feel we need a really good number 2 to help him
but I am really impressed with the business we have done so far(if we sell Mcarthey that's terrible) and if we can add another 3 or 4 to that then I don't see why we can have a decent season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Predictions and expectations on 12:05 - Jun 19 with 2313 viewsPommyhoop

Predictions and expectations on 11:49 - Jun 19 by paulparker

I still don't rate Ramsey Pom and feel we need a really good number 2 to help him
but I am really impressed with the business we have done so far(if we sell Mcarthey that's terrible) and if we can add another 3 or 4 to that then I don't see why we can have a decent season

No worries mate..I've always said I'll judge Ramsey on his own terms with his own team .
The same as H was afforded
It is truly his gig now and no excuses.
Whoever gets the number 2 job it will be Chris Ramsey who gets the blame or gets the plaudits and rightly so.
I myself think there is still some building to do after the shite H and TF put in his lap and I will be happy with a comfortable survival. Then kick on for play offs next season. Fail that kick on the next season for automatic
[Post edited 19 Jun 2015 12:07]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Login to get fewer ads

Predictions and expectations on 12:19 - Jun 19 with 2302 viewsswitchingcode

Predictions and expectations on 09:45 - Jun 19 by W13R

Here's one for you, how about the pecking order for our side of town no matter what divisions we all may be in?

Chelsea
QPR
Fulham
Brentford

Now here's the difference, I admit those c**ts down the road are and will always be bigger than us.
You my buzzy little friend will never be above your three neighbours.

I would put Fulham above you think they have bigger support and had a long run in the prem.in recent years.
Predictions and expectations on 12:46 - Jun 19 with 2288 viewsW13R

Predictions and expectations on 12:19 - Jun 19 by switchingcode

I would put Fulham above you think they have bigger support and had a long run in the prem.in recent years.

You are deffo a new breed Bee!

Quality that you think Fulham are big because they had a period of time in the top league with a large neutral stand full of tourists? (LMFAO as you would say)

By the way I reckon I could count on one hand how many times I have seen kids wearing the Bee's & Fulham kit, says it all really
Predictions and expectations on 12:57 - Jun 19 with 2273 viewsDiscodroids

we need a right back more than i need to evacuate my bowels and stomach after watching the airport scene in 'love actually' .

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Predictions and expectations on 13:40 - Jun 19 with 2263 viewsadhoc_qpr

Predictions and expectations on 11:42 - Jun 19 by Hooped_Pullie

I am reasonably pleased with the signings so far - let's hope they work out/make the step up successfully - but we need plenty more as it is, and even more than that if (or more likely, when) the exodus begins. There has been a lot about those we've let go at the end of their contracts, but a look at the websites which record these thing will tell you that most of the remainder of last season's squad (if fact, nearly all, Phillips being a notable exception) are out of contract at the end of 2015/16.

The big rebuild, therefore, will likely be a two-partner.

Optimistic ? I would be more so if we had a manager/ head coach who could actually get players doing the basics : the bedrock for success in all of last year's Premier League new manager scenarios (Pardew, Pulis, Advocaat, etc.) was that simplest of things : get the defence right before you do anything else. THEN you can nick one or two, and bag the points. CR showed himself wholly incapable of doing that.

Not optimistic, therefore.

I think Ramsey is a bit of a non-factor. Basically he'll get the squad performing approximately to their capabilities, nothing more.

It all depends on our transfer activity for me:

If we have a weak or imbalanced squad, we might struggle or go down.

If we have a solid squad, we'll survive and hover around mid table.

If we (somehow) put together a great squad, we could challenge for the playoffs.
Predictions and expectations on 08:54 - Jun 22 with 2192 viewsDiscodroids

Im Not sure if i feel optimistic because of the signings we have made and the japanese knotweed that has been pruned from W12 ...

or, if its the fact were not getting beaten every week at the moment, walking out on to the pitch with the iron will of George Micheal in a sealed room with a lump of resin and a family bag of minstrels, aka Man city and Leicester.

The Current 'defence' is an oxymoron , a bit like the 'Baroness' in Baroness Warsi , and is as capable as Philip larkin as a diversity chairperson in a hemp munching university in south london.

With Manning, Petresso, Sutherland, Eddie stobart hoping Sandro, Gladwin, Luongo, Hoilet, Faurlin, (Mackie?), phillips, Doughty and Fer i would venture that the midfield zone needs only a further 6 - 8 additions to cover all eventualites such as alien invasion or a plague that only binds itself to midfield players hair folicles.

a right back, center half and at least two center forwards , would be really , really super over the coming weeks chris.

many thanks

[Post edited 22 Jun 2015 9:33]

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

Predictions and expectations on 09:26 - Jun 22 with 2183 viewsCiderwithRsie

Predictions and expectations on 15:19 - Jun 18 by Northernr

I think people remember that nobody was very impressed when we signed Leon Clarke, Clint Hill, Shaun Derry, Paddy Kenny straight off a drug ban, Bradley Orr etc and yet we ran away with the league. By contrast, when were signing Mbia, Granero, Ji Sung Park, Nelson, Cesar etc to go on top of Cisse who finished the season in great form people were talking about a push for Europe and we ended up dead last and in complete disarray.

We've made a whole host of signings over the last five years, young and old, British and foreign, experienced and not, good and bad and they've pretty much all turned out to be crap because of the system they're coming into. That system, it seems, is changing for the better now, but I think people are right to say "let's wait and see".

What strikes me about that, apart from generally agreeing, is that both Hughes and Redknapp tended to sign good players that we didn't need - e.g we had Kenny, who had done OK the previous season, but went and signed Green, then decided he was dodgy and signed Cesar as well. Couple of years later we had Taraabt still on the books but signed Mutch and Fer, and then brought Vargas in on loan too.

There were some good (or at least talented) players there, and you can see why each manager thought Kenny and Taraabt respectively were a risk, but as Mvpeter says, there were whole other areas of the team being neglected while we piled up goalkeepers or No 10s. Its been said a million times that Redknapp's 3-at-the-back u-turn was a monumental screw-up, but that's because it's true. It left us with the wrong sort of players not just in defence but throughout the team. So first area for legit comment is whether we have the right balance in the squad

But the imponderable is how well they play after we've got them. Warnock's signings played better for us than they did for their previous clubs - Derry was a better passer than we thought so long as it was simple, Taraabt worked harder and was more of a team player (up to a point - enough for our purposes anyway.) Hughes and Redknapp's were worse - Mutch and Caulker came with glowing reviews, so did Granero; there's a whole thread on how much better Vargas is when he's not playing for us, and it doesn't matter if that's because he was played out of position or wasn't trying enough or didn't understand the training, all of those things are the manager's responsibility to sort out. So we can't really tell how good the signings are until we see what Ramsey gets out of them. And that's bloody hard to tell because his record so far is so inconsistent - Phillips and maybe Fer on the plus side, Vargas and pretty much the whole defence on the minus.
Predictions and expectations on 12:19 - Jun 25 with 2103 viewslionboy

I think a lot of people forget an obvious point- that fer caulker and mutch all came from aside that was relegated. this is not a coincidence
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024