Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Onahua.. No thanks. 00:11 - May 3 with 11877 viewsWilloW4

For months I've been saying he's crap. Just get rid. Some posters on here seem to like him. Explain please.
Onahua.. No thanks. on 09:11 - May 4 with 2339 viewsWeaverQPR

I can't imagine many sniffing round him, he's ok but has the ball control of a child of 5 playing in their wellies

@WeavQPR

Onahua.. No thanks. on 11:00 - May 4 with 2275 viewsCHUBBS

Nedum is a decent centre half and I don't think we'd get much better in the championship.
However we're paying him far more than his ability is worth so if we did get a reasonable offer I'd be tempted to take it considering our financial situation.
There are plenty more fish in the sea who'd cost a fraction of what he does,we just gotta find them.
Onahua.. No thanks. on 13:11 - May 4 with 2217 viewsaston_hoop

Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:23 - May 3 by SpiritofGregory

Connolly has just been promoted with Watford.

Jaime Mackie isn't good enough for the Premier League and hasn't set the world alight at Reading.

How can you expect the club to have a decent scouting network when the fans want to sign players from the past. We need a fresh start, starting with the chairman.

Mackie was runner up in Reading's player of the season awards.

As for Ned, he is a good Championship CB. It would be typical of us to get rid of one of the few players in our squad that we know could do a job for us next season.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Onahua.. No thanks. on 13:12 - May 4 with 2209 viewsWeaverQPR

Onahua.. No thanks. on 13:11 - May 4 by aston_hoop

Mackie was runner up in Reading's player of the season awards.

As for Ned, he is a good Championship CB. It would be typical of us to get rid of one of the few players in our squad that we know could do a job for us next season.

Its also about cutting the wage bill, i bet he is on very decent wedge.

@WeavQPR

Onahua.. No thanks. on 13:21 - May 4 with 2189 viewsaston_hoop

Onahua.. No thanks. on 13:12 - May 4 by WeaverQPR

SoG is the only person on here who knows how much Ned is earning so its only speculation for the rest of us. The thing is, we'll be losing a lot of players come the end of the season and with that a lot of the wage bill. It has to stop somewhere and Onouha is an experienced CB who knows the Championship.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Onahua.. No thanks. on 23:07 - May 4 with 2083 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Id definately be looking to keep Ned for next season. He'll be one of the better defenders in the Championship and Id play him as 1st choice CB as much as possible.
He's easily good enough for the Champ and will improve with a decent player alongside him. Playin him at RB is just a waste of our time an his talent. Its clearly not his position.
The only reason I'd let him go would be if his wages are too much for us. As stated no-one really knows but i would guess he's on a decent wage.
Onahua.. No thanks. on 23:45 - May 4 with 2058 viewsWilloW4

Onahua.. No thanks. on 23:07 - May 4 by bacardiinbrissie

Id definately be looking to keep Ned for next season. He'll be one of the better defenders in the Championship and Id play him as 1st choice CB as much as possible.
He's easily good enough for the Champ and will improve with a decent player alongside him. Playin him at RB is just a waste of our time an his talent. Its clearly not his position.
The only reason I'd let him go would be if his wages are too much for us. As stated no-one really knows but i would guess he's on a decent wage.

I'd guess he's on bucket loads... Funny how he gets sent off for an obvious second yellow in a'nothing happening'' situation... Next game? Man City, his old club.. Just a thought .. Many times I've heard/read.."he'll improve with a better player alongside him"... Bloody hell, he's been here for years, wasn't caulker supposed to be that player...and was he any cop in the championship ? If so, which game?
Onahua.. No thanks. on 10:25 - May 5 with 1973 viewsAntti_Heinola

What we need is a settled back four and proper coaching of it. Onuoha and Caulker easily good enough for next season.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Onahua.. No thanks. on 14:09 - May 5 with 1914 viewsJigsore

Onahua.. No thanks. on 13:12 - May 4 by WeaverQPR

so offer him a reduced deal, i'm sure someone as intelligent as Ned realises he's been absolutely creaming it these past few years because of Hughes' contract. As someone else said, there probably won't be too many sniffing around him and I believe he has a decent idea of what rangers is about. He's been here through many highs and lows.

Definitely hang on to him if we can imo

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Onahua.. No thanks. on 14:22 - May 5 with 1897 viewsWeaverQPR

If he takes a wage cut i'd be inclined to keep him, not sure when his deal expires though.
*Didn't realise he is 28 thought he was about 24
[Post edited 5 May 2015 14:24]

@WeavQPR

Onahua.. No thanks. on 14:34 - May 5 with 1871 viewsclassof93

I think he is a good example of the problem with English football over the last how many years.....that being he is a fantastic athlete (fast/strong etc.)....so becomes a footballer gets a contract at a club....the problem being he's actually not very good at the footballing side......there have been loads of players like this over the years though.....and we wonder why Spain, Germany, France etc. are so much better than us.

That being said......it's the Championship and being fast and strong are probably more useful than being a great ball player.......so I'd keep him!
[Post edited 5 May 2015 14:41]
Onahua.. No thanks. on 15:37 - May 5 with 1832 viewsTacticalR

Onahua.. No thanks. on 14:34 - May 5 by classof93

I think he is a good example of the problem with English football over the last how many years.....that being he is a fantastic athlete (fast/strong etc.)....so becomes a footballer gets a contract at a club....the problem being he's actually not very good at the footballing side......there have been loads of players like this over the years though.....and we wonder why Spain, Germany, France etc. are so much better than us.

That being said......it's the Championship and being fast and strong are probably more useful than being a great ball player.......so I'd keep him!
[Post edited 5 May 2015 14:41]

Ah, yes, football players who aren't very good at football. Meanwhile big clubs have big enough budgets to have players who are very good at football who don't play football. It all makes perfect sense.

Air hostess clique

Onahua.. No thanks. on 22:38 - May 5 with 1774 viewsbacardiinbrissie

Onahua.. No thanks. on 23:45 - May 4 by WilloW4

I'd guess he's on bucket loads... Funny how he gets sent off for an obvious second yellow in a'nothing happening'' situation... Next game? Man City, his old club.. Just a thought .. Many times I've heard/read.."he'll improve with a better player alongside him"... Bloody hell, he's been here for years, wasn't caulker supposed to be that player...and was he any cop in the championship ? If so, which game?

Thats fair enough Willow and i dont think he's covered himself in glory if im honest, but, towards the end of last season when he was played alongside Hill consistently at CB he had some great performances IMHO.
I, like others was hoping that Caulker would be that "other player" but it seems he neds more of a Hill/Dunne type leader alongside...Or dare i say "Big Racist John?"
Any of Shawcross, Huth, Dawson etc would have done the job.
I dont see him going for a great deal unless its Palace or a similar lower league team, and im all honesty he must be looking to stay in the Prem now he's hitting 28/ 29.
My knowledge of the lowers leagues is fairly limited but i dont really see another out there that we can replace him with for what we''' get for selling?
Whilst this thread hashad some good posts, i havent yet seen any realistic replacements mentioned for the couple of Mill we may receive ? I cant think of any but would love to hear other names i anyone can list them?
Onahua.. No thanks. on 23:06 - May 5 with 1762 viewsSpiritofGregory

Onahua.. No thanks. on 10:25 - May 5 by Antti_Heinola

What we need is a settled back four and proper coaching of it. Onuoha and Caulker easily good enough for next season.

Not on their inflated wages.
Onahua.. No thanks. on 23:41 - May 5 with 1741 viewsQPR_Jim

Onahua.. No thanks. on 23:06 - May 5 by SpiritofGregory

Not on their inflated wages.

His wages have no bearing on his capability, the fact that you think he's overpaid based on a figure your guessing for his wage really has no place in the conversation. He's under contract, unless someone comes in to buy him he's still going to be under contract.

I think we should have made him captain last season, give him a bit of responsibility to help him mature. He seems like the kind of player who would stick around.
Onahua.. No thanks. on 23:48 - May 5 with 1733 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Onahua.. No thanks. on 23:41 - May 5 by QPR_Jim

His wages have no bearing on his capability, the fact that you think he's overpaid based on a figure your guessing for his wage really has no place in the conversation. He's under contract, unless someone comes in to buy him he's still going to be under contract.

I think we should have made him captain last season, give him a bit of responsibility to help him mature. He seems like the kind of player who would stick around.

Save your breath mate.

Agree about captain.
Onahua.. No thanks. on 00:07 - May 6 with 1724 viewsLazyFan

Sell em as he's 28 and probably on large wages. And then look to the Championship to pick up the best young en there.
Move on Dunne and Hill, they are great but they are too old, we need to refresh at some point. Do it as one team and get on with it. its always going to be a risk, lets just get on with it.

If we cannot sell him, play him as he's good enough for Champ. Caulker has played badly but he's young and could develop. Plus he will be the fastest CB in the Champ. Keep him for now.

Put Max on the bench. He will get games as sub or start when we get injuries and suspensions. he is good enough so, play him.

That's 3 CB's, we just need one more and for once we may have it covered properly at that level.

RB is more of an issue as we shall have just Furlong and he should be the back up at most and not the starter. And we all know we need 4 strikers when Austin moves on (along with Bobby).

zzzzzzzzzz

Onahua.. No thanks. on 10:14 - May 6 with 1684 viewstimcocking

Do you mean Nedum Onuoha? I think he's an excellent Championship defender.
Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:32 - May 6 with 1639 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Onahua.. No thanks. on 23:41 - May 5 by QPR_Jim

To ignore the big salaries that some of our players are earning when the club is £200million in debt and heading to the championship would be wholly unprofessional of the board, regardless of their capabilities. Perhaps QPR should think about paying their general staff a living wage instead of wasting millions per year on average players.
Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:40 - May 6 with 1634 viewsSpiritofGregory

Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:32 - May 6 by Benny_the_Ball

To ignore the big salaries that some of our players are earning when the club is £200million in debt and heading to the championship would be wholly unprofessional of the board, regardless of their capabilities. Perhaps QPR should think about paying their general staff a living wage instead of wasting millions per year on average players.

It's embarrassing that some staff aren't guaranteed the living wage yet we have shit players earning 40k+ a week.
Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:46 - May 6 with 1622 viewsdanehoop

Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:40 - May 6 by SpiritofGregory

It's embarrassing that some staff aren't guaranteed the living wage yet we have shit players earning 40k+ a week.

and once again you are into supposition on salaries.

Never knowingly understood

Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:48 - May 6 with 1619 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:46 - May 6 by danehoop

Not at all. The information is there if you look hard enough.
Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:50 - May 6 with 1612 viewsdanehoop

SOG, you forgot to change your identity. You were supposed to be SOG with your response not Benny.

Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:51 - May 6 with 1611 viewsGloucs_R

Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:46 - May 6 by danehoop

Actually, he could be right. Villa enquired about him and were put off by his wages. £50k including add ons apparently.

I know someone connected to Villa.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:52 - May 6 with 1610 viewsdanehoop

Onahua.. No thanks. on 16:51 - May 6 by Gloucs_R

Actually, he could be right. Villa enquired about him and were put off by his wages. £50k including add ons apparently.

I know someone connected to Villa.

Wasnt that what his agent was asking for, rather than what he is on now?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024