Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain With or Leave the EU 19:55 - Jun 2 with 134268 viewsunion_jack

Remain With or Leave the EU

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:26 - Jun 7 with 2155 viewsskippyjack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:19 - Jun 7 by blueytheblue

It might just be me, but imo from history where the working class get pissed off things turn more towards the right than the left; regardless of which way people turn I'd also say it tends to be to the more extreme edges.

So you don't consider yourself as working class?.. Our country is f*cked when dullards like bluey genuinely 'think' they're above some mythical standard... he needs psychiatric help..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:27 - Jun 7 with 2149 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

It might just be me, but imo from history where the working class get pissed off things turn more towards the right than the left; regardless of which way people turn I'd also say it tends to be to the more extreme edges.

For once I agree with you

Your right I've seen it with my own eyes

Working class is p!ssed off & are going deep into the right .

It'll turn and bite them all on their arses if this continues

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:31 - Jun 7 with 2152 viewsWingstandwood

You are bang on when you say working class people turn more into right thinking individuals, well that's my experience form building/construction industry opinions. It is not right of Conservative party type its more of 'put-em-all-on-a-boat-n-send-em-back' stuff.

Some would call it racism? Some would think so some would not, the individuals taking the jobs, dropping wages and conditions tend to be white, European and of countries of Christian faith dominance'. I belong in that category albeit I'm not Eastern European.

Argus!

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:34 - Jun 7 with 2144 viewsskippyjack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:31 - Jun 7 by Wingstandwood

You are bang on when you say working class people turn more into right thinking individuals, well that's my experience form building/construction industry opinions. It is not right of Conservative party type its more of 'put-em-all-on-a-boat-n-send-em-back' stuff.

Some would call it racism? Some would think so some would not, the individuals taking the jobs, dropping wages and conditions tend to be white, European and of countries of Christian faith dominance'. I belong in that category albeit I'm not Eastern European.

Ah the old send um back rhetorical horse nonsense.. you're not upper class..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:36 - Jun 7 with 2136 viewsWingstandwood

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:34 - Jun 7 by skippyjack

Ah the old send um back rhetorical horse nonsense.. you're not upper class..

Argus!

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:00 - Jun 7 with 2114 viewsBatterseajack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:11 - Jun 7 by skippyjack

People are myopic. Our brain circuits respond to immediate consequences,"

This is not a legitimate fact.. but his militant views dictate his thoughts..

Contradictory Hypocrite.

His life's work is anchored in studies showing that people are irrational. They are prone to cognitive biases and "systematic errors in thinking", made worse by chronic over-confidence in their own judgment - and the less intelligent they are, the more militantly certain they tend to be.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:22 - Jun 7 with 2082 viewsdonkeylabour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:12 - Jun 7 by Wingstandwood

Actually I commented/highlighted Tory because they are the ones currently in charge of uncontrollable immigration. Yes! Labour (during their tenure) were up to their necks in it also. Labour absolutely loves immigration because apparently immigrants are vastly more likely to vote Labour.

But of late? The working class do rather seem to be getting pissed of with 'mainstream' political parties! So Labour could itself lose an incredible amount of indigenous core support/votes. So was it all worth it for em?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2016 18:18]

Fair enough.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:25 - Jun 7 with 2078 viewsdonkeylabour

That's because the working class are very conservative on most issues. I don't know many liberal old labour voters, don't think I've ever met one.

That's why labour for the last 30 years have moved further and further away from their base. Jim Callaghan was nowhere near a liberal, he brought in draconian legislation on immigration at a time when the Net figure was in decline.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Login to get fewer ads

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:30 - Jun 7 with 2072 viewsdonkeylabour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:25 - Jun 7 by donkeylabour

That's because the working class are very conservative on most issues. I don't know many liberal old labour voters, don't think I've ever met one.

That's why labour for the last 30 years have moved further and further away from their base. Jim Callaghan was nowhere near a liberal, he brought in draconian legislation on immigration at a time when the Net figure was in decline.

Further to that point, that's why when the tories were One Nation prior to Thatcher they used to mop up the vast majority of the time. When the tories move to the centre they are the natural party of Gov.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:30 - Jun 7 with 2071 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:25 - Jun 7 by donkeylabour

The Labour of the 60s was fairly liberal, look at the social reforms Hattersley instigated as Home Secretary. No coincidence that he buggered off when Labour slipped to the left in the early 80s mind.

Poll: Tory leader

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:33 - Jun 7 with 2069 viewsdonkeylabour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:30 - Jun 7 by exiledclaseboy

The Labour of the 60s was fairly liberal, look at the social reforms Hattersley instigated as Home Secretary. No coincidence that he buggered off when Labour slipped to the left in the early 80s mind.

No there were liberals in the party, much of that social legislation was produced through Members Bills it wasn't Gov policy.

The most cited labour Gov, the Attlee one was pro hanging, brought in the Nuclear bomb and was interventionist.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:37 - Jun 7 with 2061 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:33 - Jun 7 by donkeylabour

No there were liberals in the party, much of that social legislation was produced through Members Bills it wasn't Gov policy.

The most cited labour Gov, the Attlee one was pro hanging, brought in the Nuclear bomb and was interventionist.

Indeed. There's a marked difference between some aspects of more traditional left wing thinking and liberalism. You won't get an argument from me on that point. Some of the "lefties" on this forum are among its least liberal and tolerant contributors, a point I've made many times.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:41 - Jun 7 with 2057 viewsdonkeylabour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:37 - Jun 7 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed. There's a marked difference between some aspects of more traditional left wing thinking and liberalism. You won't get an argument from me on that point. Some of the "lefties" on this forum are among its least liberal and tolerant contributors, a point I've made many times.

Yes and that's why I believe there's a fundamental misunderstanding within labour about why many people are voting UKIP.

There was always an assumption that it was your classic working class tory type, hang 'em flog 'em stereotype. Yes many are but there's a hell of lot of labour types like this who for a while now have voted labour out of pure tribal loyalty as my signature extracts the urine regarding this.

With UKIP on the scene it's no surprise they're finding a Home there, if UKIP are clever and portray Corbyn and his band of posh kids as the North London intellectual type and tac left economy I honestly struggle to see where labour go. They really will on be a home for migrants and luvvies and I don't say that in jest.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:49 - Jun 7 with 2044 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:41 - Jun 7 by donkeylabour

Yes and that's why I believe there's a fundamental misunderstanding within labour about why many people are voting UKIP.

There was always an assumption that it was your classic working class tory type, hang 'em flog 'em stereotype. Yes many are but there's a hell of lot of labour types like this who for a while now have voted labour out of pure tribal loyalty as my signature extracts the urine regarding this.

With UKIP on the scene it's no surprise they're finding a Home there, if UKIP are clever and portray Corbyn and his band of posh kids as the North London intellectual type and tac left economy I honestly struggle to see where labour go. They really will on be a home for migrants and luvvies and I don't say that in jest.

Much depends on how UKIP reinvents itself post-referendum, which it'll have to do regardless of the outcome.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:51 - Jun 7 with 2038 viewsdonkeylabour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:49 - Jun 7 by exiledclaseboy

Much depends on how UKIP reinvents itself post-referendum, which it'll have to do regardless of the outcome.

I'm almost certain that's what will happen. They will become a fully federal party and the branch office will become like English democrats.

One thing is for sure they're not going anywhere.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:01 - Jun 7 with 1990 viewsVetchitBack

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/07/nye-bevan-labour-heartland-backi

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:15 - Jun 7 with 1972 viewsWingstandwood

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:01 - Jun 7 by VetchitBack

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/07/nye-bevan-labour-heartland-backi

Can I thank you for posting that link, what a profound read, it really hits hard and sums up WAG Wales for what it really has become!

Labour will slowly bleed to death in Wales and it will only have itself to blame.

Argus!

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:55 - Jun 7 with 1918 viewswestwiltsjack

If it does transpire that we vote to leave, what do people think the popular reaction will be in Europe. I'm not referring to the political or institutional leaders but Hans, Luigi or Bertrand public?

And is there anyone for remaining in the EU that would be so upset by Brexit that they would consider leaving the UK for the continent?
Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:35 - Jun 7 with 1889 viewsImAlrightJack

Cameron couldn't answer his own questions properly all depsite the fact he had less interruptions than Farage!
Remain With or Leave the EU on 01:28 - Jun 8 with 1827 viewsyescomeon

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:55 - Jun 7 by westwiltsjack

If it does transpire that we vote to leave, what do people think the popular reaction will be in Europe. I'm not referring to the political or institutional leaders but Hans, Luigi or Bertrand public?

And is there anyone for remaining in the EU that would be so upset by Brexit that they would consider leaving the UK for the continent?

It's an interesting question, can't imagine it would make us too popular, it's a big middle finger to them. If it does turn out to be leave then I think it will be highly likely I will leave after finishing up my PhD. Losing EU research grants is going to hit UK science hard.

Upthecity!

Remain With or Leave the EU on 06:51 - Jun 8 with 1785 viewsDr_Winston

I suspect a large proportion of Jean-Pierre Publique will be deeply envious.

It's easy to paint Brits as the awkward neighbours kicking up a stink in the otherwise harmonious EU community, but there are many, many people on the continent who aren't fans of it either. You only have to look at the increase in nationalism for that.

If we go I'd bet a pound to a pinch of shit that the campaigns for Fraxit or Gerxit won't be long in coming. For example...

https://euobserver.com/institutional/133738

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 09:12 - Jun 8 with 1728 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:26 - Jun 7 by skippyjack

So you don't consider yourself as working class?.. Our country is f*cked when dullards like bluey genuinely 'think' they're above some mythical standard... he needs psychiatric help..

F*** me Skips, you've obviously taken the wrong dosage.

For the record, born into working class family; parents instilled a work ethic. Through hard work, effort and not a small bit of inate talent I'm in a profession that's firmly middle class.

Nowhere did I state I was "above some mythical standard". Class classifications still exist even though they are mostly pointless...

Psychiatric help? Nah. What I need is a cat unable to take off her damn collar so she can't lick her stitches at the moment.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Remain With or Leave the EU on 09:25 - Jun 8 with 1717 viewslonglostjack

I can only say that the majority of Hanses and Hanneloras I've talked to are bemused by the whole referendum thing and quite a few wonder whether the UK has some kind of death wish. They feel that the EU is not perfect but to take such a dramatic step - "unglaublich!"

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Remain With or Leave the EU on 09:26 - Jun 8 with 1714 viewsnice_to_michu

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:26 - Jun 7 by skippyjack

I highly recommend you read the book "How to win friends and influence people".

You're welcome.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 09:35 - Jun 8 with 1712 viewsAnotherJohn

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:30 - Jun 7 by exiledclaseboy

Much later Roy Hattersley had spells as shadow Home Secretary but was never Home Secretary. The 1960s Labour Home Secretaries were Frank Soskice, Roy Jenkins and Sunny Jim. Roy did of course jump ship to found the SDP, so that is probably who ECB had in mind. If I had to think of a liberal Labour figure from the 60s I'd say Dick Crossman.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 9:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024