Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remain With or Leave the EU 19:55 - Jun 2 with 134264 viewsunion_jack

Remain With or Leave the EU

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 10:29 - Jun 8 with 2570 viewsLord_Bony

Many polls now suggesting its so tight it will go down to the wire on polling day.

If we leave could be the beginning of the end for the EU especially if we are successful afterwards...this is why I think they will try every trick in the book to punish us for leaving.

It would take a few years for us to get on our feet and rid ourselves of the shackles...after that we would do just fine without the EU imho....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/06/eu-referendum-leave-campaign-closes-g

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Remain With or Leave the EU on 10:41 - Jun 8 with 2549 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 09:35 - Jun 8 by AnotherJohn

Much later Roy Hattersley had spells as shadow Home Secretary but was never Home Secretary. The 1960s Labour Home Secretaries were Frank Soskice, Roy Jenkins and Sunny Jim. Roy did of course jump ship to found the SDP, so that is probably who ECB had in mind. If I had to think of a liberal Labour figure from the 60s I'd say Dick Crossman.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 9:38]

Roy Jenkins I did indeed mean. My mistake, apologies.

Poll: Tory leader

Remain With or Leave the EU on 12:32 - Jun 8 with 2491 viewsdonkeylabour

If we leave and the EU disintegrates I think we'll look at this time in the future and think feck why didn't we realise things weren't so bad.

It's a classic example of complacency. I love this 'we're a great Country, we have a strong economy' line - yes.... so why break a winning formula then?

1970's Idi Amin was offering us free bananas, we were declared the sick man of Europe now we produce more jobs than the rest of the EU put together.

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 12:48 - Jun 8 with 2478 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Remain With or Leave the EU on 12:32 - Jun 8 by donkeylabour

If we leave and the EU disintegrates I think we'll look at this time in the future and think feck why didn't we realise things weren't so bad.

It's a classic example of complacency. I love this 'we're a great Country, we have a strong economy' line - yes.... so why break a winning formula then?

1970's Idi Amin was offering us free bananas, we were declared the sick man of Europe now we produce more jobs than the rest of the EU put together.

Many would see the disintegration as a good thing.
You seem to think that being in the EU brought about our prosperity and have forgotten something called North Sea Oil & Gas.
Funny how lots of people like to rewrite history to suit their outlook on the world.

Did anyone else see Chris Grayling on Hard Talk last night?
Now there is someone who should be Leader of the Conservatives and Prime Minister instead of Clown Cameron.
His resume is top class and he speaks very well.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 13:22 - Jun 8 with 2464 viewsdonkeylabour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 12:48 - Jun 8 by A_Fans_Dad

You seem to think that being in the EU brought about our prosperity and have forgotten something called North Sea Oil & Gas.
Funny how lots of people like to rewrite history to suit their outlook on the world.

Now there is someone who should be Leader of the Conservatives and Prime Minister instead of Clown Cameron.

Are you suggesting that the opening up of the economy, the single market etc have not had a massive impact?

My father voted labour and his father voted labour and his father voted labour so I vote labour

Remain With or Leave the EU on 14:02 - Jun 8 with 2439 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Remain With or Leave the EU on 13:22 - Jun 8 by donkeylabour

Are you suggesting that the opening up of the economy, the single market etc have not had a massive impact?

Are you suggesting by this comment that we were not already Trading with those nations, so what was the "massive impact" for the UK?
Because as part of a multi-national company I distinctly remember a great deal of trade already going on.
In fact more so than now as International trade is now dominated by China.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 15:37 - Jun 8 with 2389 viewsSenhin

This forum depresses me even when it's not a load of over the top pessimism about the club.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2016 15:38]

Did you see that ludicrous display last night?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:50 - Jun 8 with 2335 viewsjohnlangy

Interviewer: Mr Grayling, what do you think about the Conservative party having employed General Sir George Dannat as a security advisor ?

C Grayling: I think it's blatant opportunism. They are just trying to curry favour with the electorate. I'm amazed they would stoop so low.

Interviewer: Mr Grayling, you did understand the question didn't you ? It's your party that has taken him on, not Labour. So, i'll ask you again what do you think of the appointment ?

CG: I think it's an inspired appointment. It's exactly what the party needs, someone with his experience and know how is perfect for the role.

Those are not the exact words because my memory isn't that good but he actually gave diametrically opposite answers to the same question. In other words he blatantly lied in front of the TV cameras and didn't blink an eyelid doing it.

The guy's a first class prat
Login to get fewer ads

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:53 - Jun 8 with 2329 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:50 - Jun 8 by johnlangy

Interviewer: Mr Grayling, what do you think about the Conservative party having employed General Sir George Dannat as a security advisor ?

C Grayling: I think it's blatant opportunism. They are just trying to curry favour with the electorate. I'm amazed they would stoop so low.

Interviewer: Mr Grayling, you did understand the question didn't you ? It's your party that has taken him on, not Labour. So, i'll ask you again what do you think of the appointment ?

CG: I think it's an inspired appointment. It's exactly what the party needs, someone with his experience and know how is perfect for the role.

Those are not the exact words because my memory isn't that good but he actually gave diametrically opposite answers to the same question. In other words he blatantly lied in front of the TV cameras and didn't blink an eyelid doing it.

The guy's a first class prat

When & where was this interview?
A link perhaps?
Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:57 - Jun 8 with 2326 viewsjohnlangy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:01 - Jun 7 by VetchitBack

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/07/nye-bevan-labour-heartland-backi

'its presence (the WAG) has turned Cardiff Bay into a government enclave, complete with jobs and infrastructure and expense-account restaurants. Wales has its own equivalent to the Westminster bubble, observes Roger Scully: a Cardiff Bay bubble.'

Cardiff Bay bubble ? I never would have thought it.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:58 - Jun 8 with 2322 viewsjohnlangy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:53 - Jun 8 by A_Fans_Dad

A link perhaps?

I'll have a look.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:03 - Jun 8 with 2316 viewsjohnlangy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 17:53 - Jun 8 by A_Fans_Dad

A link perhaps?

No good at links.

I went into youtube and typed in Chris Grayling General Sir George Dannat. It's the first one which says SUPA-SIZED BLOOPER.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:35 - Jun 8 with 2301 viewsPozuelosSideys

I want out, but anyone gloating or hoping for the EU to tank is an idiot. In or out, if it goes tats-up we will be impacted badly as well.

Why they arent more flexible is beyond me.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:46 - Jun 8 with 2286 viewsFlashberryjack

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:35 - Jun 8 by PozuelosSideys

I want out, but anyone gloating or hoping for the EU to tank is an idiot. In or out, if it goes tats-up we will be impacted badly as well.

Why they arent more flexible is beyond me.

If/when the EU collapses, it will impact on us even if we vote out, but not as much as if we were still in the bloated, festering, corrupt gravy train, which is what the common market that we joined has become.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:53 - Jun 8 with 2281 viewsA_Fans_Dad

For those interested in the Out arguments you might like this video, which has a lot of passion in it.
Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:02 - Jun 8 with 2205 viewsexiledclaseboy

Shami Chakrabati on the latest Vote Remain broadcast. She's my hero.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:10 - Jun 8 with 2199 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:02 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

Shami Chakrabati on the latest Vote Remain broadcast. She's my hero.

Yeah, looking forward to her inquiry on anti-semitism within Labour given she won't be taking to Livingstone and conveniently joined the Labour party the day she was appointed to chair the inquiry.

Poll: Alternate POTY final

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:16 - Jun 8 with 2196 viewsexiledclaseboy

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:10 - Jun 8 by blueytheblue

Yeah, looking forward to her inquiry on anti-semitism within Labour given she won't be taking to Livingstone and conveniently joined the Labour party the day she was appointed to chair the inquiry.

Yawn.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:27 - Jun 8 with 2185 viewsblueytheblue

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:16 - Jun 8 by exiledclaseboy

Yawn.

Indeed, it's tiresome she can't even pretend to be independent.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 19:53 - Jun 8 with 2169 viewsblueytheblue

Neil absolutely slaughtering Gideon.

Even if the Remain camp win, thankfully he'll never be PM.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 22:46 - Jun 8 with 2067 viewsmonmouth

Remain With or Leave the EU on 21:16 - Jun 3 by londonlisa2001

I think we will as well.

Of course, it depends on who you speak to, but most people I meet up here although not entirely convinced, appear to be marginally in favour of staying in.

I did but now I think there's a much bigger reactionary vote out there than I thought. Even amongst people I would have categorised as 'liberal'. I've changed by own mind again to remain...it's just too much one-off risk for my taste...though may well change it again, but most of the sentiment I'm encountering now is for 'out'. It could just be disgust with the constant fear tactic I guess and reverse at actual polling.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Remain With or Leave the EU on 23:04 - Jun 8 with 2061 viewssherpajacob

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:46 - Jun 8 by Flashberryjack

If/when the EU collapses, it will impact on us even if we vote out, but not as much as if we were still in the bloated, festering, corrupt gravy train, which is what the common market that we joined has become.

Exactly , why do we need a corrupt festering gravy train in Brussels when we've got a perfectly good one in Westminster.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Remain With or Leave the EU on 06:01 - Jun 9 with 2013 viewsKilkennyjack

Not sure if you watch the news at all, but if Scotland votes remain and Uk votes leave, then a second Indy ref is inevitable - and this time Scotland will vote for Indy. Good bye to north sea oil - perhaps we could all move there to live in their boom economy ?

Beware of the Risen People

Remain With or Leave the EU on 06:41 - Jun 9 with 2005 viewsDr_Winston

Remain With or Leave the EU on 06:01 - Jun 9 by Kilkennyjack

Not sure if you watch the news at all, but if Scotland votes remain and Uk votes leave, then a second Indy ref is inevitable - and this time Scotland will vote for Indy. Good bye to north sea oil - perhaps we could all move there to live in their boom economy ?

The last time there was an Indy ref in Scotland the leave camp based their economic arguments on an oil price far higher than it actually stands. They'd have been absolutely f*cked if they'd voted to go. Even now the fields are laying people off and cutting back left right and centre.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Remain With or Leave the EU on 09:30 - Jun 9 with 1968 viewsLeonisGod

Remain With or Leave the EU on 18:53 - Jun 8 by A_Fans_Dad

For those interested in the Out arguments you might like this video, which has a lot of passion in it.

For a video entitled 'The Moment of Truth' there's a lot of untruths and nonsense in it. Pretty much everything in fact.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024