Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting 11 for the Villa game 19:03 - Sep 16 with 4416 viewsElijahK

Bazunu
KWP, Bella-Kotchup, Salisu, Parraud
Djenpo, Diallo, Prowse, Elynousie
Che Adams, A.Armstrong

Bench: McCarthy, Lyanco, Caleta-car, S.Armstrong, Aribo, Nara, Walcott, Edozie and Larios

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 02:27 - Sep 17 with 879 viewssledger

letting romeu go is looking a master stroke all because he saw through ralph
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 02:28 - Sep 17 with 879 viewssaintpaz

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 23:44 - Sep 16 by ElijahK

But Aribo is a midfielder and not an attacker, and when Ralph did play him up front many criticised him for it. As if you swapped Aribo for Mara then yeah I’d agree, as it would certainly be interesting to see who plays with how decent our central midfielders look (although they didn’t today). Although you’d have to play one as a holding midfielder, and for that role I’d probably say that Diallo is best, so maybe we should play more of a 4-3-3 formation

I have to disagree about "how decent our CM's look" and think there lies the problem that our CM's aren't really doing the business and not enough creativity. Diallo certainly isn't good enough as we have seen time and time again, so many stray passes (JWP wasn't good either today). JWP needs Lavia back soon but do feel that we miss a Wanyama (bit of muscle at least) type player...Romeu boohoo. Aribo can play upfront no probs, did the business in the Europa League and can play in and around Adams. Think he looks a bit lost in midfield as CM but maybe OK as AM/free role type. For me, jury is out on Mara still (needs to beef up) but then hasn't had that much time on the pitch it has to be said.
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 07:41 - Sep 17 with 803 viewscocklebreath

A midfield of ward prowse 2nd half isn’t going to get us anything, as average as Diallo was surely we should have bought stu Armstrong on for mo making it a 3 in the middle, his substitutions left our hands tied the blokes a bellend

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 09:45 - Sep 17 with 722 viewsdirk_doone

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 02:28 - Sep 17 by saintpaz

I have to disagree about "how decent our CM's look" and think there lies the problem that our CM's aren't really doing the business and not enough creativity. Diallo certainly isn't good enough as we have seen time and time again, so many stray passes (JWP wasn't good either today). JWP needs Lavia back soon but do feel that we miss a Wanyama (bit of muscle at least) type player...Romeu boohoo. Aribo can play upfront no probs, did the business in the Europa League and can play in and around Adams. Think he looks a bit lost in midfield as CM but maybe OK as AM/free role type. For me, jury is out on Mara still (needs to beef up) but then hasn't had that much time on the pitch it has to be said.

Of course we missed Romeu last night. We all knew we would. Diallo reminds me of Clasie. He's just not suited to the Premier League. He's a pleasant enough chap and there's certainly no reason to hate him but he just doesn't contribute much at all to either creating goals or stopping them. He's just there to make up the numbers.

[Post edited 17 Sep 2022 9:53]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 10:20 - Sep 17 with 680 viewsRon11

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 07:41 - Sep 17 by cocklebreath

A midfield of ward prowse 2nd half isn’t going to get us anything, as average as Diallo was surely we should have bought stu Armstrong on for mo making it a 3 in the middle, his substitutions left our hands tied the blokes a bellend

My thoughts entirely, but there are many who thinks he'd been great just because he kept us up.
To me he just looks as though he's just trying to get the sack.....on his own terms.
He's got rid of two that obviously saw through him, Redmond and Romeu and of course Stuart Armstrong is also not getting a look in favour of Elyounoussi who has contributed absolutely nothing.
Has Stuart also commented against his tactics?
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 20:41 - Sep 17 with 584 viewsgrumpy

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:40 - Sep 16 by ElijahK

Well yeah you would if your midfield was getting overrun and nether strikers were creating anything.
As unless you bring on a midfielder then your gonna continue to be overrun in midfield, so you’ve gotta bring on one. And as many saints fans made clear previously, 3 at the back doesn’t work for us, so we’d have to bring off a striker. As there’s not much point in having two up front if not even one is getting or creating anything

So by your way of thinking ,the strikers are not creating anything because the midfield was getting overrun? So how are the strikers going to create anything if they don't see the ball?
To take Adams off made no sense,he is the only player likely to score given the ball.
The problem is that we should have bought a good forward to partner Adams.
But the real problem is that Ralph keeps tinkering with the team to the extent that they just don't now what they are supposed to do when they do play .
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 20:58 - Sep 17 with 580 viewsdarthvader

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:25 - Sep 16 by ElijahK

Wait, why do you think he’s injured? I saw him walk off perfectly fine, so I hope your wrong there, but if you’ve seen something else and he is out then that’s not good at all!
But I agree about Lavia as when Prowse isn’t with it like today, we’ve got no one in the centre of midfield to create anything, and that leads to games like today. As really we should’ve drawn 0-0 today, as both teams were poor, but hopefully Lavia can be back for the Everton game and we do drop Elynousie as he’s just not performed well at all this season and is the one player that from when he the squad was announced to FullTime, who I don’t think anyone thought should be playing.

He pulled up around 10 mins from the end I think. Looks like he pulled something . Although he walked off he was struggling for a few mins for mobility when defending and even stuck his hand up waving to the bench to get their attention .

Larios looked good but very lightweight easily nudged off the ball a few times
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 9:33]

keep the faith coyr

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 19:22 - Sep 18 with 481 viewsElijahK

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 20:41 - Sep 17 by grumpy

So by your way of thinking ,the strikers are not creating anything because the midfield was getting overrun? So how are the strikers going to create anything if they don't see the ball?
To take Adams off made no sense,he is the only player likely to score given the ball.
The problem is that we should have bought a good forward to partner Adams.
But the real problem is that Ralph keeps tinkering with the team to the extent that they just don't now what they are supposed to do when they do play .

Ok so he had to take off at least 1 striker (so A.Armstrong) for a midfielder so we were less overrun in midfield, but if he doesn’t take another (Adams) off then Mara couldn’t play, and I’d of preferred him to play over Che, as I think that if we play him regularly enough then he could maybe be the guy that gets us all the goals that we need. And he’s mainly tinkering it as we’re nit getting the resists and many keep getting injured/unavailable, but hopefully when Lavia is back after the international break, that can change.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 19:23]

Login to get fewer ads

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 19:26 - Sep 18 with 475 viewsElijahK

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 20:58 - Sep 17 by darthvader

He pulled up around 10 mins from the end I think. Looks like he pulled something . Although he walked off he was struggling for a few mins for mobility when defending and even stuck his hand up waving to the bench to get their attention .

Larios looked good but very lightweight easily nudged off the ball a few times
[Post edited 18 Sep 2022 9:33]

Well nothings been announced yet, so let’s just hope it was more of a cramp than a pulled muscle or such. But seeing how he looks like he’s still going on international duty I think that’s a decent enough sign.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024