Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Starting 11 for the Villa game 19:03 - Sep 16 with 4421 viewsElijahK

Bazunu
KWP, Bella-Kotchup, Salisu, Parraud
Djenpo, Diallo, Prowse, Elynousie
Che Adams, A.Armstrong

Bench: McCarthy, Lyanco, Caleta-car, S.Armstrong, Aribo, Nara, Walcott, Edozie and Larios

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:49 - Sep 16 with 997 viewsButty101

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:45 - Sep 16 by 1885_SFC

And worryingly, he's our skipper & supposed to get them all up for it.

From the bbc
Aston Villa 1-0 Southampton
There was a moment in the TV show Community when one of the characters went insane trying to work out if Nicolas Cage is a good actor. I think you could have the same thing figuring out if Ralph Hasenhuttl is a good manager.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:50 - Sep 16 with 991 viewsButty101

I’m now watching the Davis cup …. Far more exciting

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:55 - Sep 16 with 968 viewsdirk_doone

We need to buy a striker in January or there's just going to be a string of 'Southampton nil' results like this. It doesn't really matter what the rest of the team does if there is nobody who can put the ball in the net.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:56 - Sep 16 with 967 viewsgrumpy

Why take Adams off when we are looking for a goal?
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:57 - Sep 16 with 951 viewsButty101

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:56 - Sep 16 by grumpy

Ralph out he’s just crap

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:59 - Sep 16 with 933 viewsSouthamptonfan

Where was Selles and the f@cking coaches tonight?

Poll: Who are you voting for?

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:05 - Sep 16 with 877 viewsElijahK

We’re just not creating enough up front! 7 games played and just 7 goals… not good enough at all!

As it was only Bazunu and the two Centre half’s that were actually any good today, as yeah they should’ve done better for the first goal, but other than that they played well.

Everyone else was just rubbish today though, as both KWP and Parraud created very little, Prowse just kept giving away the ball, Diallo just seemed it a bit invisible, all of Djenpo, A.Armstrong and Adams created and made bugger all hence why we had 0 shots on target and Elynousie just should not be playing again for a long time! And the sub wise, non really created anything.

We sure did need that extra forward, but even then after todays display I do hope that for the Everton game he plays Mara over A.Armstrong as well as S.Armstrong and Edozie over Djenpo and Elynousie

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:08 - Sep 16 with 858 viewsElijahK

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:55 - Sep 16 by dirk_doone

We need to buy a striker in January or there's just going to be a string of 'Southampton nil' results like this. It doesn't really matter what the rest of the team does if there is nobody who can put the ball in the net.

Well I think Mara may be able to, and maybe Adams when he’s on form, but when he’s not or if Mara gets injured we do need another lad up front, and if we do wanna progress up the table then we need that player in January!
Still at least with how poor Forest, Leicester and a few of the others are doing, I certainly don’t think we need to worry about relegation.

Login to get fewer ads

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:08 - Sep 16 with 857 viewscocklebreath

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:55 - Sep 16 by dirk_doone

Midfield was non existent tonight

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:09 - Sep 16 with 848 viewsElijahK

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:56 - Sep 16 by grumpy

Because nether him or Armstrong were creating anything or ever where they needed to be. As we we’re getting overrun in midfield so could never get the ball up to them, and due to that needed to bring on a few more midfielders so we might be able to (although in the end it made no difference)

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:11 - Sep 16 with 831 viewsMrangry25

Sat on a ship with a load of Villa supporters, wtf is our Austrian idiot doing playing Ely, Djenepo and Diallo & AA, they are really not good enough and yet he leaves Stuey on the bench along with others, I really think the bloke has got no idea whatsoever. I give him 2 more matches and if we lose both of them he should go. Very disappointed will have to see what he has to say for himself.
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:14 - Sep 16 with 819 viewssaint22

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:11 - Sep 16 by Mrangry25

Sat on a ship with a load of Villa supporters, wtf is our Austrian idiot doing playing Ely, Djenepo and Diallo & AA, they are really not good enough and yet he leaves Stuey on the bench along with others, I really think the bloke has got no idea whatsoever. I give him 2 more matches and if we lose both of them he should go. Very disappointed will have to see what he has to say for himself.

As i posted earlier its looking very familiar
He has til October in my book

He is just picking the wrong players every week again
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:19 - Sep 16 with 807 viewsdarthvader

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:05 - Sep 16 by ElijahK

We’re just not creating enough up front! 7 games played and just 7 goals… not good enough at all!

As it was only Bazunu and the two Centre half’s that were actually any good today, as yeah they should’ve done better for the first goal, but other than that they played well.

Everyone else was just rubbish today though, as both KWP and Parraud created very little, Prowse just kept giving away the ball, Diallo just seemed it a bit invisible, all of Djenpo, A.Armstrong and Adams created and made bugger all hence why we had 0 shots on target and Elynousie just should not be playing again for a long time! And the sub wise, non really created anything.

We sure did need that extra forward, but even then after todays display I do hope that for the Everton game he plays Mara over A.Armstrong as well as S.Armstrong and Edozie over Djenpo and Elynousie

I think Bella Kotchap is injured .

I can't understand this performance , I was looking forward to it and we were growing into the game until that prick Bailey stamped on perraud...their players all went for a drink and a coaching session and started playing miles better.

I have gripes though, mcginn is a dirty cheating little Cünt who should have been booked in the first few minutes for his treatment of Kwp and also Djenepo throughout the game.

Very frustrating , why the heck can't we take a quick throw?

Why can't we break at speed rather than getting the ball in their half stopping and passing back?

We miss lavia

keep the faith coyr

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:22 - Sep 16 with 800 viewsmancuniansaint

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:08 - Sep 16 by cocklebreath

Midfield was non existent tonight

Spot on. No link from back to front, hence all the long balls going nowhere.
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:22 - Sep 16 with 794 viewssaint22

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:19 - Sep 16 by darthvader

I can't understand this performance , I was looking forward to it and we were growing into the game until that prick Bailey stamped on perraud...their players all went for a drink and a coaching session and started playing miles better.

I have gripes though, mcginn is a dirty cheating little Cünt who should have been booked in the first few minutes for his treatment of Kwp and also Djenepo throughout the game.

Why can't we break at speed rather than getting the ball in their half stopping and passing back?

We miss lavia

Breaking at speed is something we haven’t done in years
And our throw ins have been pony for ages too
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:25 - Sep 16 with 784 viewsElijahK

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:19 - Sep 16 by darthvader

We miss lavia

Wait, why do you think he’s injured? I saw him walk off perfectly fine, so I hope your wrong there, but if you’ve seen something else and he is out then that’s not good at all!
But I agree about Lavia as when Prowse isn’t with it like today, we’ve got no one in the centre of midfield to create anything, and that leads to games like today. As really we should’ve drawn 0-0 today, as both teams were poor, but hopefully Lavia can be back for the Everton game and we do drop Elynousie as he’s just not performed well at all this season and is the one player that from when he the squad was announced to FullTime, who I don’t think anyone thought should be playing.

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:37 - Sep 16 with 746 viewsgrumpy

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:09 - Sep 16 by ElijahK

Because nether him or Armstrong were creating anything or ever where they needed to be. As we we’re getting overrun in midfield so could never get the ball up to them, and due to that needed to bring on a few more midfielders so we might be able to (although in the end it made no difference)

So you take off a striker because he wasn’t creating anything ! Replace him with a midfielder ! Is he going to score?
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:38 - Sep 16 with 743 views1885_SFC

In light of current affairs - someone should start two queues around St Mary's stadium tonight - it was that bad a performance.

Old School is Cool

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:38 - Sep 16 with 742 viewsBicester_North

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 21:45 - Sep 16 by 1885_SFC

And worryingly, he's our skipper & supposed to get them all up for it.

He even fouled a player and left Djnepo to get harassed by the Villa players while he wandered off from the scuffle.

Strange

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:40 - Sep 16 with 732 viewsElijahK

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:37 - Sep 16 by grumpy

So you take off a striker because he wasn’t creating anything ! Replace him with a midfielder ! Is he going to score?

Well yeah you would if your midfield was getting overrun and nether strikers were creating anything.
As unless you bring on a midfielder then your gonna continue to be overrun in midfield, so you’ve gotta bring on one. And as many saints fans made clear previously, 3 at the back doesn’t work for us, so we’d have to bring off a striker. As there’s not much point in having two up front if not even one is getting or creating anything

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:42 - Sep 16 with 716 viewsDorsetIan

That was awful.

The one thing Ralph never fails to deliver is inconsistency.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:50 - Sep 16 with 704 viewssaintpaz

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:11 - Sep 16 by Mrangry25

Absolutely spot on, I thought the exact same thing regarding Ely, Djenepo, Diallo and AA. Problem is we have left ourselves far too short of centre mids and definitely short of an actual out and out striker. Not sure what the game plan was until "shi% 90 mins on the board we better start playing forwards". Like everyone has said too many passes backwards/sideways (CB's might have played OK but too many back passes from them to keeper) and that's if those passes even get to one of our players and finally no one taking the game by the scruff of the neck. 1 shot on target says it all and I don't even remember that shot lol.

My ideal team:

Bazunu

KWP / Bella / Salisu / Perraud

S. Armstrong / JWP / Lavia / Edozie

Adams / Aribo

IMO, Liked the look of Larios, Mara for me is just a bit weak ATM but hopefully he will grow into it. Ralph sort it.
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:58 - Sep 16 with 675 viewsRon11

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:42 - Sep 16 by DorsetIan

That was awful.

The one thing Ralph never fails to deliver is inconsistency.

He can't be knocked.
He's done so well saving us from relegation for at least two seasons.
He's the messiah of mediocrity.
Starting 11 for the Villa game on 23:44 - Sep 16 with 631 viewsElijahK

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 22:50 - Sep 16 by saintpaz

Absolutely spot on, I thought the exact same thing regarding Ely, Djenepo, Diallo and AA. Problem is we have left ourselves far too short of centre mids and definitely short of an actual out and out striker. Not sure what the game plan was until "shi% 90 mins on the board we better start playing forwards". Like everyone has said too many passes backwards/sideways (CB's might have played OK but too many back passes from them to keeper) and that's if those passes even get to one of our players and finally no one taking the game by the scruff of the neck. 1 shot on target says it all and I don't even remember that shot lol.

My ideal team:

Bazunu

KWP / Bella / Salisu / Perraud

S. Armstrong / JWP / Lavia / Edozie

Adams / Aribo

IMO, Liked the look of Larios, Mara for me is just a bit weak ATM but hopefully he will grow into it. Ralph sort it.

But Aribo is a midfielder and not an attacker, and when Ralph did play him up front many criticised him for it. As if you swapped Aribo for Mara then yeah I’d agree, as it would certainly be interesting to see who plays with how decent our central midfielders look (although they didn’t today). Although you’d have to play one as a holding midfielder, and for that role I’d probably say that Diallo is best, so maybe we should play more of a 4-3-3 formation

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 00:19 - Sep 17 with 603 viewscocklebreath

Starting 11 for the Villa game on 23:44 - Sep 16 by ElijahK

But Aribo is a midfielder and not an attacker, and when Ralph did play him up front many criticised him for it. As if you swapped Aribo for Mara then yeah I’d agree, as it would certainly be interesting to see who plays with how decent our central midfielders look (although they didn’t today). Although you’d have to play one as a holding midfielder, and for that role I’d probably say that Diallo is best, so maybe we should play more of a 4-3-3 formation

Zzzzz

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024