Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. 22:55 - Sep 3 with 3130 viewsqpr_1968

in search of the castaways.....starring haley mills....1962.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 23:05 - Sep 3 with 1891 viewsA40Bosh

Think it was The Jungle Book at a cinema in Wembley. Early 70s I think

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 23:13 - Sep 3 with 1857 viewsHooping_Mad

Empire Strikes back. Hadn't seen star wars so it made little sense at the time.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 23:20 - Sep 3 with 1825 viewscolinallcars

I think it was The Dam Busters at the Savoy, East Acton.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 23:35 - Sep 3 with 1810 viewsGaryHaddock

Are you trying to find out everyone‘s password or something 😆
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 23:37 - Sep 3 with 1808 viewsqpr_1968

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 23:35 - Sep 3 by GaryHaddock

Are you trying to find out everyone‘s password or something 😆

dont worry, i know yours.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 00:00 - Sep 4 with 1765 viewsCateLeBonR

Watership Down I think was certainly one of the first. I would have been 2/3 years old. It’s always remembered in my family for my acceptance of a load of Rabbits talking to each other. However as soon as the big white bird started speaking I wasn’t having any of it.

“Seagulls can’t talk” I complained.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 00:12 - Sep 4 with 1736 viewsBrianMcCarthy

"The Life and Times of Grizzly Adams" in Bantry, West Cork.

I'd say I was five or six. We'd just moved to West Cork from London and the film was already a couple of years old. A good couple of dozen of us were herded and carted into my Mom's old Peugeot (in Cork it's pronounced Pew-joe) and Mom, the poor Martyr, carted us off forty miles down the road to watch a load of old nonsense.

And we didn't sit down for a second, and we didn't shut up for a second, and the poor Martyr must have been demented from it all.

And it was magical.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 00:46 - Sep 4 with 1692 viewsCLAREMAN1995

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 00:12 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd say I was five or six. We'd just moved to West Cork from London and the film was already a couple of years old. A good couple of dozen of us were herded and carted into my Mom's old Peugeot (in Cork it's pronounced Pew-joe) and Mom, the poor Martyr, carted us off forty miles down the road to watch a load of old nonsense.

And we didn't sit down for a second, and we didn't shut up for a second, and the poor Martyr must have been demented from it all.

And it was magical.

Impossible to top that story Brian it brings back memories of my hurling days 2 cars to bring 15 lads approx to the match and the car arriving at game time when the pitch was 20 miles away .
Back to topic I hobbled 2 miles on crutches (broke my big toe playing soccer a crime I know )to the local cinema in Ennis circa 1985 to see Footloose . Packed house of course no room so we looked next door and the place was empty showing Back To The Future so we sat down and it was superb.
Fast forward 25 years and counting and my kids love all 3 movies espiceally Micheal J Fox trying an Irish accent ( Maggie get me hat ) so that was destiny .
Never seen Footloose to this day and there is even a remake I think
Login to get fewer ads

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 00:55 - Sep 4 with 1668 viewsBoston

Crikey, another question I have to reply - Dunno.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 01:11 - Sep 4 with 1651 viewswillesdenr

Disney’s Peter Pan at some cinema up in Watford. Mum took me when I was about 5 when we were staying with an aunt. Never forgot the Greenline bus ride out in the country.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 07:17 - Sep 4 with 1449 viewsSK_hoops

Jungle book in the 90s at that cinema in West Ealing I've forgotten the name of, that is now shut.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 08:24 - Sep 4 with 1361 viewsstevec

Doctor Who and the Daleks, 1965.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 08:29 - Sep 4 with 1349 viewskernowhoop

Film?
Son of Paleface.
Wembley.
1952, I think.

But cinema - numerous visits to the Sudbury Town Odeon around that time.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 08:38 - Sep 4 with 1332 viewskomradkirk

Goldfinger

saturday matinee
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 08:39 - Sep 4 with 1325 viewsTheChef

Superman 2.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 08:39 - Sep 4 with 1334 viewsRangersDave

Puppet on a chain, and For whom the 8 bells toll

Both 18 at the time i believe and i was 8 years old.

The films were a double header during summer holidays and my dad and i watched them in the cinema in Padstow on a wet day.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 09:00 - Sep 4 with 1302 viewsMrSheen

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 00:12 - Sep 4 by BrianMcCarthy

And it was magical.

Did you have yoe-gurt in your pew-joe, Brian?

I used to think it was supercool that they had Opels in Ireland, rather than cars named after a shabby part of South London.

Back on topic, I think it might have been The Railway Children. Kilburn Grange, later The National.
[Post edited 4 Sep 9:01]
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 09:13 - Sep 4 with 1273 viewsChrisNW6

Digby: The biggest dog in the world at the Kilburn State Cinema.

Great film and never shown enough anymore 😀
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 09:15 - Sep 4 with 1266 viewsrobith

Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade. Remember dad putting his hands over my eyes when the geezer's face melted cos I was like 4
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 09:23 - Sep 4 with 1246 viewsBluce_Ree

The first one I remember was Empire Strikes Back in 1981. I had seen one of the Disney films at some point around then (Snow White or some shit like that) but it must have been a showing of one of the really old ones.

Anyway, Empire. I didn't have a clue what was going on, I fell asleep and when I left I realised my Mickey Mouse watch had fallen off my wrist. F**k Star Wars.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 09:23 - Sep 4 with 1246 viewsjohann28

In Scunthorpe in those days there were two cinemas, one was the big one, normally used for blockbusters, and another one, a smaller one used for less mainstream stuff. My dad intended to take me & my brother to Jungle Book at the main cinema, but dad being dad, got muddled and booked us into the wrong cinema. Dad being dad also, he didn't actually bother seeing the film too, just buggered off to the betting shop with a cheery 'see you later.' We stayed for about 10 minutes before being chucked out.

That concludes the case for the defence m'lud as to why the first film I ever saw was Confessions of a Window Cleaner. It made quite an impression on me.
[Post edited 4 Sep 9:25]
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 09:32 - Sep 4 with 1220 views100percent

King Rat - 1965 - war film with George Segal and James Fox
First X rated film - Enter the Dragon - 1974 - Bruce Lee - very proud at the time as I was only 13.....
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 09:50 - Sep 4 with 1172 viewsMyke

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 00:46 - Sep 4 by CLAREMAN1995

Impossible to top that story Brian it brings back memories of my hurling days 2 cars to bring 15 lads approx to the match and the car arriving at game time when the pitch was 20 miles away .
Back to topic I hobbled 2 miles on crutches (broke my big toe playing soccer a crime I know )to the local cinema in Ennis circa 1985 to see Footloose . Packed house of course no room so we looked next door and the place was empty showing Back To The Future so we sat down and it was superb.
Fast forward 25 years and counting and my kids love all 3 movies espiceally Micheal J Fox trying an Irish accent ( Maggie get me hat ) so that was destiny .
Never seen Footloose to this day and there is even a remake I think

Great story Pat. We had two cars bringing up to 30 lads to matches - seatbelts what seatbelts!
Back on topic, we had a traveling cinema come to our village in the 60's and early 70's so must have gone to that, but don't recall. Was brought to see 'King Lear' in Tubbercurry for my Inter Cert in '79, but first proper 'filum' that I saw was 'Grease in '78 in Ballina (Mayo version)
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 09:55 - Sep 4 with 1150 viewsterryb

Davy Crockett, in the late 50's.

It was being shown at the Astoria in Chesham (closed in 1959) & my father took the three of us. I assume my mother wanted us all out of the way!

I think this was the only time I went to that cinema & we then had The Embassy available for another thirty years. I think Summer Holiday was the first I saw there & that A Hard Day's Night was the first I went to by myself.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 10:00 - Sep 4 with 1139 viewsWokingR

ET in the ABC at Kingston.
Remember there was the ABC and The Odeon both within a couple of hundred yards of each other.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024