Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. 22:55 - Sep 3 with 3408 viewsqpr_1968

in search of the castaways.....starring haley mills....1962.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 10:22 - Sep 4 with 968 viewshubble

I think it was Zulu, starring Michael Caine*. I can still remember how intense the colour was, those red uniforms, the blood... (we had a black and white telly).

* A lot of people know this.

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 10:28 - Sep 4 with 957 viewswillesdenr

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 01:11 - Sep 4 by willesdenr

Disney’s Peter Pan at some cinema up in Watford. Mum took me when I was about 5 when we were staying with an aunt. Never forgot the Greenline bus ride out in the country.

Oh forgot it could well have been Saturday morning pics at the Granada Willesden.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 10:37 - Sep 4 with 947 viewsBklynRanger

Condorman

Classic action. 25% on Rotten Tomatoes but what do they know?
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 10:40 - Sep 4 with 940 viewsmikeygunn

Return to Oz, I was 4, brother 6. We had to leave because the wheelie men were too scary for my brother. Looking back, he had a point.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 10:42 - Sep 4 with 918 viewsBlackCrowe

First i think was The Amazing Mr Blunden.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 10:52 - Sep 4 with 862 viewsMrSheen

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 10:28 - Sep 4 by willesdenr

Oh forgot it could well have been Saturday morning pics at the Granada Willesden.

Where was that? It had gone by the time I can remember (about 1970-on). We had to go to Kilburn (State, Grange or Classic) or the tube to Harrow or Swiss Cottage to see a film, which might be why I went so rarely.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 10:55 - Sep 4 with 855 viewsEsox_Lucius

A Stitch In Time. I used to go to the Saturday morning pictures where you had a number of shorts and cartoons to watch then when it was over the lights came on and you went home.
This didn't happen when I watched the film so I carried on in case I was going to miss something. Shortly into the third showing, the cinema manager shone a light in my face and said to my parents "Is this him?"
I no longer watch a film more than once in a cinema.
[Post edited 4 Sep 14:18]

The grass is always greener.

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 11:09 - Sep 4 with 817 viewsChrisNW6

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 10:52 - Sep 4 by MrSheen

Where was that? It had gone by the time I can remember (about 1970-on). We had to go to Kilburn (State, Grange or Classic) or the tube to Harrow or Swiss Cottage to see a film, which might be why I went so rarely.

or go posh at the Hampstead Classic for late night double bills......Animal House/Blues Brothers was a fav
Login to get fewer ads

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 11:20 - Sep 4 with 803 viewsMrSheen

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 11:09 - Sep 4 by ChrisNW6

or go posh at the Hampstead Classic for late night double bills......Animal House/Blues Brothers was a fav

As a teenager, I used to love those rep cinemas, particularly the Electric on Portobello Road. 3 films for £1.50! About 30p bus fare on the 52.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 12:22 - Sep 4 with 747 viewsenfieldargh

Would have been Satuurday morning pictures at the Kingsbury Odeon, think it was a cartoon first then once Shirley Temple film came on thats when we would sneek up to the balcony at lob sweets over the top.

3 stooges then came on or could have been The Lone Ranger and we went back to our seats.

I remeber going to see Patton Lust for Glory up in town with my dad. Loads of tanks, artillery bangs etc then a great big boom which shook the cinemea....Leicester Square Bomb went off.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 12:25 - Sep 4 with 746 viewsCiderwithRsie

Bambi. Pre-school.

Traumatised for life.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 13:49 - Sep 4 with 702 viewsBristolR

Lady and the Tramp, Woolwich Odeon

Don’t judge me (on the film or Woolwich)
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 14:23 - Sep 4 with 682 viewsE17hoop

First I remember was Jungle Book in Kingston somewhere.

The second one was Jaws when I was 7. It was released with an A certificate meaning anyone under 14 could see it with an adult - a bit like PG now.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: Who do you want as next Next England manager?

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 14:35 - Sep 4 with 655 viewsA40Bosh

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 09:00 - Sep 4 by MrSheen

Did you have yoe-gurt in your pew-joe, Brian?

I used to think it was supercool that they had Opels in Ireland, rather than cars named after a shabby part of South London.

Back on topic, I think it might have been The Railway Children. Kilburn Grange, later The National.
[Post edited 4 Sep 9:01]

Jeez lads I come on here to try and get away from herself and her Pew joes, River Thems, modren, and all the other lovely Cork induced Hiberno-English pronunciation we are treated to by herself as me and the 3 girls sit looking at each other to see if anyone understood what mum is saying.

First time I went to the flicks without a parent in tow was the Evel Keneval FILUM (there is another Corkism)🤪
[Post edited 4 Sep 14:37]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 15:21 - Sep 4 with 595 viewsMrSheen

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 14:35 - Sep 4 by A40Bosh

Jeez lads I come on here to try and get away from herself and her Pew joes, River Thems, modren, and all the other lovely Cork induced Hiberno-English pronunciation we are treated to by herself as me and the 3 girls sit looking at each other to see if anyone understood what mum is saying.

First time I went to the flicks without a parent in tow was the Evel Keneval FILUM (there is another Corkism)🤪
[Post edited 4 Sep 14:37]

They had Pewjoes and fillums over the border in Tipp too. And ham sangwijes.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 15:21 - Sep 4 with 595 viewsqueensparker

Aristocats in the ABC in Ealing Broadway I think was my first one.

The early one that sticks in the memory was when we went on a holiday to Barbados when I was about 8 and there was a cinema club that was outside at night, surrounded by trees / woods. My parents dropped me off there and fked off to the all-inclusive drinks and I proceeded to watch Silver Bullet, an 18 certificate werewolf film by Stephen King where a werewolf prowls dark woods eating people in various gory ways. I shat myself and was traumatised for days/weeks/years.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 16:15 - Sep 4 with 526 viewsQPROslo

Bridge over the River Khwae I think.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 16:33 - Sep 4 with 491 viewsjohncharles

Lassie Come Home, I was about 4. I thought it was real and I’ve loved dogs ever since.

Strong and stable my arse.

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 16:38 - Sep 4 with 472 viewswood_hoop

not incuding the Sat morning flicks but early sixties, a pirate film but bugger If can remember the name, it was that or watching the nags at Alexandra Park Racecourse
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 17:29 - Sep 4 with 424 viewsSalisburyHoop1968

Quite sure it was Jaws.....never been able to swim in the sea (or pool) without worrying what might be below me...think it was at the old ABC on the Edgware road. Bearing in mind I was only 8 years old though. How we got in being so young I will never know!
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 18:59 - Sep 4 with 367 viewswillesdenr

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 10:52 - Sep 4 by MrSheen

The Granada was next to the White Hart pub corner of High Road and Church Road. Think it became a bingo hall. Willesden was lucky for cinemas, Ritz Neasden, Coliseum and Odeon Harlesden, Gaumont Cricklewood, and the Grange, Essoldo and Gaumont State Kilburn.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 19:13 - Sep 4 with 357 viewsMrSheen

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 18:59 - Sep 4 by willesdenr

The Granada was next to the White Hart pub corner of High Road and Church Road. Think it became a bingo hall. Willesden was lucky for cinemas, Ritz Neasden, Coliseum and Odeon Harlesden, Gaumont Cricklewood, and the Grange, Essoldo and Gaumont State Kilburn.

I think I remember the Granada as a derelict bingo hall. Where was the Cricklewood cinema? Was it up Cricklewood Lane towards the station? Later redeveloped for a supermarket.

By my time one of the Harlesden cinemas was the Roxy at Craven Park, very occasional music venue - The Clash, Sham 69 - while the other only seemed to show kung fu films. I remember a cinema on Ealing Road in Alperton showing Indian films, big colourful posters and long lines outside.
[Post edited 4 Sep 19:17]
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 19:16 - Sep 4 with 341 viewsLblock

Like others it was Saturday morning flicks

I was in The Bullseye Club for the Coronet Cinema on Northfields Avenue, West Ealing
First one was Star Wars I think

The one I remember the most however was A Bridge Too Far
Went with my Dad and loved it. Always watched war films with him thereafter and got me into that history

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 19:50 - Sep 4 with 325 viewsRassilon

First film was The Rescuers (the Disney cartoon) at Northfields. Probably saw Star Wars next.
First film you ever see at the cinema/pictures. on 19:53 - Sep 4 with 323 viewsSpaceman_P

Jurrasic Park 1 with my mum and her mate and her kids at the old original Uxbridge cinema which I think now is a Gym.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024