Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze release clause 19:33 - Aug 16 with 22700 viewsGloucs_R

🤨

Poll: Are we staying up?

Eze release clause on 19:54 - Aug 16 with 8705 viewsbosh67

Does this mean that we need to have kept the receipts on the players we have bought so far?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze release clause on 20:07 - Aug 16 with 8614 viewsJuzzie

Wild guess here but maybe it means clubs can now offer lower bids?
Eze release clause on 20:25 - Aug 16 with 8460 viewsrbee

My take is that Palace were bound by the release clause and would have to sell him if it was activated and they would have to sell at the price set in the clause.

Without the release clause Eze would be treated as any other player. Any bids for him can be made but Palace are now in control and can reject and accept offers on their terms.

As I say, just my take.
[Post edited 16 Aug 20:32]
Eze release clause on 20:49 - Aug 16 with 8241 viewsdmm

That's how I'd see it too, Rbee. However, can we be sure this is the case or is it just more football clickbait?
Eze release clause on 20:52 - Aug 16 with 8177 viewsrbee

No idea but then again I don't think that anyone knew that Eberechi's release clause had an expiry date.
Eze release clause on 23:24 - Aug 16 with 7675 viewsbosh67

Eze release clause on 20:07 - Aug 16 by Juzzie

Wild guess here but maybe it means clubs can now offer lower bids?

I believe it is the opposite. The 60m clause meant that a club could get him on 'the cheap'. Now it could be a lot more.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze release clause on 23:39 - Aug 16 with 7600 viewsBoston

So, I learn that the Eze Release Clause might just be Ex-Lax.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Eze release clause on 07:28 - Aug 17 with 7124 viewsstevec

After his cameo roles at the Euros it was hard to imagine anyone would trigger that release clause.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze release clause on 08:31 - Aug 17 with 6859 viewskernowhoop

Eze release clause on 20:52 - Aug 16 by rbee

No idea but then again I don't think that anyone knew that Eberechi's release clause had an expiry date.

My thoughts too (last August)

"I know next to nothing about these deals, but I wonder whether there is a time limit on that sell-on fee? In other words, if Eze signs a new contract, then moves in two years' time, would we get anything?"
Eze release clause on 08:36 - Aug 17 with 6811 viewsLoyalitat

Just as well he's unlikely to be sold, as we'll only go and buy more inexperienced, wet behind the ears players, in terms of their preparedness for the championship. If this incredibly risky strategy were deployed by Hoos and Ferdinand, the message boards and other media channels would be toxic by now.

A. Drewe and O Kakay weren't championship standard, but neither looked as abject as Santos did against third-tier Cambridge. Dunne is looking as out of sorts as Paal, and was equally as culpable in some of the goals conceded last week. However, if the decision were to drop him, we can't, as we have no viable back-up in that position, as Santos is truly awful.

Nardi for mine, was at fault for the first goal too v WBA. He could have come out for the hanging cross that led to their second goal, where both Paal and Dunne were equally culpable at different phases. Now if that first goal, in particular, were conceded by Begovic, there would have been posts aplenty.

I'm not surprised that the MC has said that Walsh will not be going out on loan. "Being good with feet" aside, Walsh has a greater physical presence and in the two games: Coventry last season and Cambridge, has not been afraid to come out into congested areas to either claim or punch the ball away. I don't see that being a prominent feature of Nardi. Walsh was the reason why we got the fortunate victory against Cambridge.
[Post edited 17 Aug 8:50]
Eze release clause on 08:51 - Aug 17 with 6714 viewsrbee

Eze release clause on 08:31 - Aug 17 by kernowhoop

My thoughts too (last August)

"I know next to nothing about these deals, but I wonder whether there is a time limit on that sell-on fee? In other words, if Eze signs a new contract, then moves in two years' time, would we get anything?"

Again only my take. The release clause would have been between Eze and Palace and would not affect our percentage of any future sell on fee. In other words if a Man City or Real Madrid came knocking then Palace couldn’t stop him leaving.

Bad news for us though that no club triggered the release clause as in my opinion it greatly reduces the chances of a sale in this transfer window.
[Post edited 17 Aug 9:04]
Eze release clause on 09:16 - Aug 17 with 6568 viewsPlanetHonneywood

If true, Palace are now free to say no to bids. Theirs and thus, our hope, is for either a bidding war between potential suitors resulting in his price going up or, as with Guehi, a club continues to up its bids like Newcastle are purportedly doing.

However, clauses or no clauses, the real issue I'd suggest, is there has yet to be any serious interest manifesting itself in any bids that we know of. With the lad going to Bayern and maybe Guehi to Toon, not sure Palace needs to sell Eze as much as we need them too...unless its for silly money.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Eze release clause on 09:23 - Aug 17 with 6522 viewsBklynRanger

Eze release clause on 08:51 - Aug 17 by rbee

Again only my take. The release clause would have been between Eze and Palace and would not affect our percentage of any future sell on fee. In other words if a Man City or Real Madrid came knocking then Palace couldn’t stop him leaving.

Bad news for us though that no club triggered the release clause as in my opinion it greatly reduces the chances of a sale in this transfer window.

Isn't it also possible that interested clubs may have balked at 60m, but now come back in with 45-50?

In which case we'd still get a good chunk. Total speculation but it might actually make it now more likely that he goes, and could still exceed the 60m if two clubs get into a bidding war (not looking likely granted).

Would be interested how that source knows about the expiration and whether it was leaked for some reason.
Eze release clause on 09:25 - Aug 17 with 6493 viewsLandshark

Eze release clause on 08:51 - Aug 17 by rbee

I reckon it's pretty much dead in the water now. For this season at least. All the clubs wanting to buy him would have known about the release clause and the expiry date. Palace are not going to want to sell having lost Olise and probably also Guehi. Tottenham, who I thought was his likely destination just signed a younger version of Eze for half the money. The Palace chairman when talking about Olise last week said there have been "no concrete enquiries" for Eze.

Let's hope he has a good season and can get a similar offer to what his release clause was.
Eze release clause on 09:28 - Aug 17 with 6470 viewsrbee

Yes lower bids might come in but Palace are more likely to keep the player. As John says Palace have already lost Michael Olise to Bayern Munich.
Eze release clause on 09:59 - Aug 17 with 6319 viewshantssi

Eze release clause on 08:36 - Aug 17 by Loyalitat

Just as well he's unlikely to be sold, as we'll only go and buy more inexperienced, wet behind the ears players, in terms of their preparedness for the championship. If this incredibly risky strategy were deployed by Hoos and Ferdinand, the message boards and other media channels would be toxic by now.

A. Drewe and O Kakay weren't championship standard, but neither looked as abject as Santos did against third-tier Cambridge. Dunne is looking as out of sorts as Paal, and was equally as culpable in some of the goals conceded last week. However, if the decision were to drop him, we can't, as we have no viable back-up in that position, as Santos is truly awful.

Nardi for mine, was at fault for the first goal too v WBA. He could have come out for the hanging cross that led to their second goal, where both Paal and Dunne were equally culpable at different phases. Now if that first goal, in particular, were conceded by Begovic, there would have been posts aplenty.

I'm not surprised that the MC has said that Walsh will not be going out on loan. "Being good with feet" aside, Walsh has a greater physical presence and in the two games: Coventry last season and Cambridge, has not been afraid to come out into congested areas to either claim or punch the ball away. I don't see that being a prominent feature of Nardi. Walsh was the reason why we got the fortunate victory against Cambridge.

Oh good, 1/2 games in and you’ve already written them off!
Eze release clause on 10:46 - Aug 17 with 6038 viewsMedwayR

Eze release clause on 09:59 - Aug 17 by hantssi

Oh good, 1/2 games in and you’ve already written them off!

I don't agree with the criticism of Nardi but Loyalitat has got a point with regard to the high risk type of signings we've made this summer. There's a lot of unknowns in there which could result in a difficult season. Of course, it's a high risk potentially high reward strategy and I think most fans understand that, hopefully it pays off. I also agree that Santos has looked very poor so far, hopefully he'll come good.

As for Eze, Palace won't sell him this summer. Hopefully he has a good season and goes for big money next summer.

Poll: Who’s better?

Eze release clause on 10:57 - Aug 17 with 5981 viewsandrew1302

To me the question with almost all the new signings is can they cope with the physicality of the Championship. It is early days but on first showings they all look very lightweight especially Celar who is quite slow as well as finding it difficult to stand up to the standard Championship defender. The club seemed to have signed very similar stature players - it was amazing when West Brom came on to the pitch just how much bigger , stronger and faster than us they were. We will see but one thing for sure none of them have appeared immediatley to be class
Eze release clause on 11:04 - Aug 17 with 5964 viewsrichpr

Nardi had an excellent pre-season. It is harsh to blame him for WBA's first goal but you are right that if it had been Begovic in goal, he would have been slaughtered on LFW. Walsh played well against Cambridge except for giving a goal away. He is defintely a future first team keeper but Nardi, for me, looks better at this stage.

For god's sake, give Santos a chance - he's come here and hasn't been given a chance to play full back yet which is his position.
Eze release clause on 11:18 - Aug 17 with 5875 viewsSK_hoops

Eze release clause on 08:36 - Aug 17 by Loyalitat

QPR, who just escaped relegation, aren't exactly an exciting prospect for players who have established themselves in the championship though. The only ones we're going to find are ones at the tail end of their career, like Cook or Colback and as good as they've been, you can't have a team full of players like that. The new signings haven't been amazing both games I've seen so far and we have to give them time, but at the same time, we haven't got all the time in the world. I also agree with the other poster. We looked so lightweight compared to WBA.
Eze release clause on 11:23 - Aug 17 with 5850 viewsrbee

Eze release clause on 10:57 - Aug 17 by andrew1302

To me the question with almost all the new signings is can they cope with the physicality of the Championship. It is early days but on first showings they all look very lightweight especially Celar who is quite slow as well as finding it difficult to stand up to the standard Championship defender. The club seemed to have signed very similar stature players - it was amazing when West Brom came on to the pitch just how much bigger , stronger and faster than us they were. We will see but one thing for sure none of them have appeared immediatley to be class

I have been thinking the same. I have no full idea how all of this player analysis software works that helps us to decide to sign a player.

In the case of Celar for instance I doubt this software can predict how his Swiss Super League statistics would compare in The Championship.
Eze release clause on 11:37 - Aug 17 with 5754 viewsMedwayR

Eze release clause on 11:23 - Aug 17 by rbee

I have been thinking the same. I have no full idea how all of this player analysis software works that helps us to decide to sign a player.

In the case of Celar for instance I doubt this software can predict how his Swiss Super League statistics would compare in The Championship.

I wonder how much 'old school' scouting goes on alongside the data analysis.

Poll: Who’s better?

Eze release clause on 11:38 - Aug 17 with 5742 viewsA40Bosh

Re Eze release clause I read this as irrelevant to any contractual sell on agreement. The release clause allows an agent to tell a buying club where they need to pitch the offer so that the player gets a move if he wants out. Personally I think Ebs is one season short of being the main man at Palace and if Olise has gone then he steps up and becomes the main man. The flip side of this is Palace cannot sell all their assets every year so what happens to us if Ebs runs his contract down over the next couple of years and walk away - hopefully unlikely.

With regards to the other ‘assessments’ of the new arrivals after 2 games - God give me strength.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Eze release clause on 11:48 - Aug 17 with 5683 viewsrbee

Eze release clause on 11:37 - Aug 17 by MedwayR

I wonder how much 'old school' scouting goes on alongside the data analysis.

I would suggest not a lot especially with the players joining us from abroad. No doubt someone will be watching video but you would hope that they would also watch complete games.

In this day and age I would also be disappointed if we didn’t read fans forums like this one to gauge fans opinion on a player. If a dozen Lugano fans in Switzerland wrote that they would drive Celar to Loftus Road you would hope the club would take note!
Eze release clause on 12:15 - Aug 17 with 5530 viewsDavieQPR

More than likely the minimum clause fee is not applicable for last two weeks of window as this does not allow Palace suitable time to find a replacement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024