Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
General Election Thread 17:46 - May 22 with 213848 viewsloftboy

This will be the first election that I have no idea who to vote for, will never vote Tory again after the lies during covid where my dad lost his life, don’t trust starmer, would never vote for a bunch of racists like reform , anyone give me a clue?

This post has been edited by an administrator

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 09:38 - Jun 30 with 1649 viewsEsox_Lucius

I am struggling with the idea that there is support for three parties who are looking to dismantle the NHS and introduce US style insurance based medical healthcare. Two parties who have the removal of Human rights on their manifesto; rights whose introduction was overseen by Churchill to control fascism. WTAF!
[Post edited 30 Jun 20:03]

The grass is always greener.

General Election Thread on 09:53 - Jun 30 with 1623 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 17:35 - Jun 29 by essextaxiboy

It just appears that they are being held to account for the last 14 years unless it suits to ignore the first 4 or 5 ?

It’s a pretty abysmal record overall but surely the abysmal record since the last GE is most relevant. They made a complete hash of Covid in various ways, intentionally and not and it’s just spiralled from there. The corruption over Covid, the totally lax attitude to it until it was too late, the ignoring of rules they were making, the disaster of Truss, the mindless culture wars and Rwanda/that bloody ship they leased for a fortune to get someone richer to nobody else’s benefit. That’s why I want them crushed.
General Election Thread on 10:30 - Jun 30 with 1592 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

‘The problem with PR is it’ll let the extremists in’

[Post edited 30 Jun 10:31]
General Election Thread on 10:51 - Jun 30 with 1551 viewsdmm

Sunak says this country is a better place to live now than it was in 2010. Yeah for him and the rest of the 0.1% but for the rest of us it most certainly isn't.
General Election Thread on 11:00 - Jun 30 with 1515 viewsDannyPaddox

Shades of Alan Partridge & Spinal Tap.
And of course XTC 😁
General Election Thread on 12:19 - Jun 30 with 1367 viewsderbyhoop

General Election Thread on 09:38 - Jun 30 by Esox_Lucius

I am struggling with the idea that there is support for three parties who are looking to dismantle the NHS and introduce US style insurance based medical healthcare. Two parties who have the removal of Human rights on their manifesto; rights whose introduction was overseen by Churchill to control fascism. WTAF!
[Post edited 30 Jun 20:03]

Amid all the populist claptrap from a man of the people with an private education and a career as a City broker, the plans to destroy NHS has gone under the radar.
Add resiliation from ECHR and WTAF doesn't cover it. Which human rights do you want to do without? Torture? Family Life? Access to justice?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

General Election Thread on 12:33 - Jun 30 with 1313 viewswillesdenr

General Election Thread on 11:00 - Jun 30 by DannyPaddox

And of course XTC 😁

General Election Thread on 20:57 - Jun 30 with 1075 viewsSonofpugwash

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Login to get fewer ads

General Election Thread on 20:58 - Jun 30 with 1074 viewsBlackCrowe

General Election Thread on 11:00 - Jun 30 by DannyPaddox

And of course XTC 😁

Brittas Empire.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

General Election Thread on 21:33 - Jun 30 with 1038 viewsSonofpugwash

3 more slleps until a woke Btitain.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GRVRA8aWkAAVXeH?format=jpg&name=medium

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

General Election Thread on 21:40 - Jun 30 with 1031 views222gers

Weather forecast for Thursday, sunny intervals.
The Tories won't like that. It's always been a given that Labour voters won't bother if it's raining dogs and cats.
General Election Thread on 21:52 - Jun 30 with 2352 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 21:40 - Jun 30 by 222gers

Weather forecast for Thursday, sunny intervals.
The Tories won't like that. It's always been a given that Labour voters won't bother if it's raining dogs and cats.

I’m sure I read once that good weather helps win a few more votes for the current party. People feel more positive etc.
General Election Thread on 22:04 - Jun 30 with 2304 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

Reform has promised to keep the electorate who are anti immigration happy by slashing entry into the country and big business happy with de regulation and cheap labour.

You can’t do both, so he’s going to let someone down. I don’t think it will be latter.
General Election Thread on 22:50 - Jun 30 with 2181 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Well, I don’t think that’s what happening but I won’t pick at that scab again.

But do you get my point? I don’t think you’ll ever get what you want under neoliberalism.
General Election Thread on 23:41 - Jun 30 with 2101 viewscolinallcars

I've just recovered after being taken ill laughing at a David Cameron interview in which, gushingly praising Rishi Sunak, he said Rishi has accomplished things no recent PM could have done.
When reminded he installed three of the recent PMs into top posts he spluttered “I'm very proud of the people I have promoted”
General Election Thread on 00:05 - Jul 1 with 2071 viewsstowmarketrange

Farage has been trying to reform British politics for at least 10-15 years and what has he achieved apart from Brexit?
The same people who voted for UKIP will follow him and vote for reform but we won’t reform anything as it will be just a protest vote if anyone bothers to put their cross for his candidates.Although he might go close in Clacton.
General Election Thread on 05:39 - Jul 1 with 1973 viewsloftboy

So the far right wins the first round of the French election, far left second with Macrons mob back in 3rd, interesting times ahead.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

General Election Thread on 07:07 - Jul 1 with 1917 viewsSydneyRs

General Election Thread on 05:39 - Jul 1 by loftboy

So the far right wins the first round of the French election, far left second with Macrons mob back in 3rd, interesting times ahead.

Might not be a bad thing for them to win. They will then actually have to do/achieve something and will be exposed if they can't.
General Election Thread on 10:32 - Jul 1 with 1798 viewsJuzzie

General Election Thread on 22:04 - Jun 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Reform has promised to keep the electorate who are anti immigration happy by slashing entry into the country and big business happy with de regulation and cheap labour.

You can’t do both, so he’s going to let someone down. I don’t think it will be latter.

When the phrase Immigration is used, are they talking about legitimate applications/work visas etc or dinghys?
General Election Thread on 10:46 - Jul 1 with 1764 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 10:32 - Jul 1 by Juzzie

When the phrase Immigration is used, are they talking about legitimate applications/work visas etc or dinghys?

I heard Farage say 'zero entries' on TV the other day but the manifesto says 'non crucial immigration' so not really sure.
General Election Thread on 10:50 - Jul 1 with 1744 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 00:05 - Jul 1 by stowmarketrange

Farage has been trying to reform British politics for at least 10-15 years and what has he achieved apart from Brexit?
The same people who voted for UKIP will follow him and vote for reform but we won’t reform anything as it will be just a protest vote if anyone bothers to put their cross for his candidates.Although he might go close in Clacton.

Pretty sure he’ll win Clacton. Would be hilarious if he didn’t but they’ve picked it for a reason and thrown plenty of resources at it which others haven’t.
General Election Thread on 10:58 - Jul 1 with 1720 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

General Election Thread on 10:50 - Jul 1 by Watford_Ranger

Pretty sure he’ll win Clacton. Would be hilarious if he didn’t but they’ve picked it for a reason and thrown plenty of resources at it which others haven’t.

Labour think he's won.

They have banned their candidate from campaigning.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-clacton-farage-reform-jova
General Election Thread on 11:11 - Jul 1 with 1705 viewscolinallcars

Sunak saying Starmer would re-introduce James the first's window tax.
I don't believe a word of it - that would be daylight robbery.
General Election Thread on 11:40 - Jul 1 with 1661 viewsWatford_Ranger

General Election Thread on 10:58 - Jul 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Labour think he's won.

They have banned their candidate from campaigning.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-clacton-farage-reform-jova

They haven’t. They’ve focussed funding on what they perceive to be more winnable seats as all parties always have and are doing now.
General Election Thread on 12:38 - Jul 1 with 1589 viewsderbyhoop

Farage lying? Surely not?
Like a posh version of Arthur Daley. Anybody trusting him needs to have a serious look at their "contract". It makes Brexit look deliverable and Truss a model of common sense.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024