Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Review of Saints Game 18:17 - Dec 23 with 9536 viewsnumptydumpty

We are such a frustrating team

At least we are better organised defensively under Cifuentes

But up top there is limited creativity and zero end product.

Have to say I have seen enough of both Dykes and Armstrong now also.

Kelman was never going to be good enough anyhow.

Dykes has no predatory instincts and is the opposite of clinical

Armstrong lacks control, is a bulldozer and would cause havoc in league two with Kelman a bench player at league two level.

I would if I was Marty and money is possible then get in two strikers from Scandinavian leagues and have Kohli on bench. Why not ??

We need to somehow move Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman on. Clearly we cannot do this unless we have anything coming in but if we can all three of Dykes, Armstrong and Kelman they have no impact.

Maybe Armstrong should be a league.one loan but Dykes and Kelman have to go.

Admittedly Chair holds onto the ball so often but there are almost never any viable options to cross too.

The new manager bounce is over.

But our bench is so limited

Even then after five subs all attacking options Taylor Richards did not come on. I don't know if anyone noticed but whilst all the others were involved in group training warm up, keep ball and shooting routines, Richards was doing keepy uppy's in the centre circle. Did manage about fifty in sequence so fair play - aye !!!

Why did I ever begin to support this football team , I sometimes wish otherwise. Saddled for life...

Cmon you rrr s
[Post edited 23 Dec 2023 18:18]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Review of Saints Game on 14:30 - Dec 24 with 1064 viewsbaz_qpr

Review of Saints Game on 13:56 - Dec 24 by Wilkinswatercarrier

I really don't understand why our central midfielders continually play facing our own goal. A basic is to open your body to give yourself options.
The only midfielder we've had in the past few years who could do it was Johansen.

I can only assume confidence is so shot that players are scared to take risks, something MC seems to want the team to do.

I think that is one thing that is really noticeable about Dixon-Bonner is he does not do that, he takes it on the half turn he is progressive and looks to move forward after he passes. I thought he was excellent yesterday he's not a Johansen type though and we need that
Review of Saints Game on 14:55 - Dec 24 with 987 viewsloftupper

Review of Saints Game on 14:30 - Dec 24 by baz_qpr

I think that is one thing that is really noticeable about Dixon-Bonner is he does not do that, he takes it on the half turn he is progressive and looks to move forward after he passes. I thought he was excellent yesterday he's not a Johansen type though and we need that

Agree with you on Dixon Bonner, MC definitely has something to work with there. I don't fully buy into the knocking of Dozzell, thought he had an ok game yesterday.

Thought Rangers deserved a draw from that yesterday, was Canon simply out muscled? Have not watched it back but saw that he was on the deck as the goal went in.
Review of Saints Game on 15:05 - Dec 24 with 952 viewsParkRoyalR

Review of Saints Game on 13:37 - Dec 24 by Northernr

I guess the counter argument to that is Chair carries almost all of what limited goal threat we have, so you don't want him 80 yards away from the goal.

Agree,

But this role did'nt stop Johansen attacking the box to score goals or carry possession in the final third to create goal-assisting passes,

We're back to not creating chances and the fundamental disconnect in this team for me is a creative central midfield, a player that can join up the defence and attack, and Dozzell is just not that player,

If we don't change him, and get our best XI on the pitch (including Larkeche), we're bang in trouble, as its looking like 2 from 5 at the moment and I'd argue we have the weakest bench of those 5.
Review of Saints Game on 15:08 - Dec 24 with 942 viewsdmm

Not to stick it all on Dozzell but I'm almost always disappointed with the lacklustre displays he churns out. What I find particularly exasperating is that 'cool' no look reverse pass of his that rarely works.

The club has a year option on his contract in the summer and I suspect there'll be a large question mark against triggering that.
Review of Saints Game on 15:47 - Dec 24 with 899 viewsderbyhoop

I think that if we can repeat that level of performance, we will pick up many more points. They are one of the top teams in this League and in excellent form. We gave them a real game.
However, the main fault is, clearly, lack of goals. 20 in 23 games tells its own story. We all know Dykes is not prolific but he still looks a better option than any of his potential replacements (Armstrong, Kelman) from within the club. Can we bring in a goal poacher in January, to feed off Dykes' work rate? I doubt we have the funds unless there has been some serious research being put in by Andy Belk and his team.
If we can't we have to find a way of getting the midfield, particularly Chair and Willock, much closer to the front man.
As others have said, you look at our bench, compared with what Southampton could bring on, and it looks painfully weak.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Review of Saints Game on 15:55 - Dec 24 with 882 viewsNorthernr

Review of Saints Game on 14:30 - Dec 24 by baz_qpr

He certainly wouldn't have been my choice to go off, presume the yellow card (v harsh) played a role as Cifuentres does seem to always remove players on a booking.
Review of Saints Game on 16:21 - Dec 24 with 821 viewsBklynRanger

Review of Saints Game on 15:55 - Dec 24 by Northernr

He certainly wouldn't have been my choice to go off, presume the yellow card (v harsh) played a role as Cifuentres does seem to always remove players on a booking.

Yeah I wonder if he'll start to change that or if it's one of his core principles? At the risk of massive understatement it may not suit our squad depth.

He's been pretty clear a couple of recent times that the yellow card was the sole reason, e.g. for removing Paal a game or two ago, which did weaken us. Love him to death so far but maybe worth a rethink.
Review of Saints Game on 16:51 - Dec 24 with 741 viewsdmm

A little word to compliment Paal, who was again excellent yesterday and I feel doesn't get enough praise.

He rarely puts in a bad game, is effective defending and going forward, given his height is rarely beaten in the air, and can comfortably play more centrally.

He's one that our recruitment team has got spot on (the Shyster can do one).
Login to get fewer ads

Review of Saints Game on 09:57 - Dec 26 with 447 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Review of Saints Game on 15:08 - Dec 24 by dmm

Not to stick it all on Dozzell but I'm almost always disappointed with the lacklustre displays he churns out. What I find particularly exasperating is that 'cool' no look reverse pass of his that rarely works.

The club has a year option on his contract in the summer and I suspect there'll be a large question mark against triggering that.

The only question mark that will be raised is if they trigger the option. Prompting a flurry of people asking: Why?/Por qué?

One, if not the most gormless looking blokes ever to play for us.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024