Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Les and Hoos 21:32 - Nov 29 with 15216 viewszicoshoops

So….
We’re looking for a new Manager.
Do your homework, do your research.

I must admit I’m not really fussed.
You can appoint Kim Jong bastard Un, if he could do the job, but……..

Do not appoint another Chelsea supporting Manager like Agent Beale.

Once can be considered careless and a mistake…..
Twice?
Well, that would be unforgivable.

What’s going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Sir Les and Hoos on 17:52 - Dec 1 with 2131 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Brentford, who I agree we should be emulating in a lot of things, took a lot longer than 8 years to do.

It took Benham 15 years to get promoted, and he didn’t have a £40m fine and 26 players to overhaul first.

We should be looking at Norwich, Burnley, and Southampton for inspiration. Took them 10 to 20 years to get the conveyor belt going.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 17:53]
Sir Les and Hoos on 18:35 - Dec 1 with 2034 viewsTonto

Ignoring Mr Conspiracy Theory and his alter ego, we said I. The summer that the next appointment was crucial to their tenure.

Did they get it right or not. Big question that's not as easy as some would have it to answer.

On the footballing front the answer is a resounding yes. A few weeks ago we were top of the league. The football has been entertaining. Our sellable assets have mostly improved further (and their fees probably gone up).

But the guy was a bit of a dick. We knew he was ambitious but not that ambitious. But to cover it there was a release cause.

So the way I look at it is we got a fee for someone after 6 months in Charge and he has left us jn a better painting than when he arrived.

So I say on the balance of evidence they DID get the decision right but were undermined by an overly ambitious and unscrupulous dick.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:36 - Dec 1 with 2034 viewsfrancisbowles

Sir Les and Hoos on 17:52 - Dec 1 by BazzaInTheLoft

Brentford, who I agree we should be emulating in a lot of things, took a lot longer than 8 years to do.

It took Benham 15 years to get promoted, and he didn’t have a £40m fine and 26 players to overhaul first.

We should be looking at Norwich, Burnley, and Southampton for inspiration. Took them 10 to 20 years to get the conveyor belt going.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 17:53]

Funny you should mention Burnley and Southampton Baz, along with Leicester, the clubs where Lee Hoos was before coming to us.
Sir Les and Hoos on 18:48 - Dec 1 with 2001 viewsCiderwithRsie

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:35 - Dec 1 by Tonto

Ignoring Mr Conspiracy Theory and his alter ego, we said I. The summer that the next appointment was crucial to their tenure.

Did they get it right or not. Big question that's not as easy as some would have it to answer.

On the footballing front the answer is a resounding yes. A few weeks ago we were top of the league. The football has been entertaining. Our sellable assets have mostly improved further (and their fees probably gone up).

But the guy was a bit of a dick. We knew he was ambitious but not that ambitious. But to cover it there was a release cause.

So the way I look at it is we got a fee for someone after 6 months in Charge and he has left us jn a better painting than when he arrived.

So I say on the balance of evidence they DID get the decision right but were undermined by an overly ambitious and unscrupulous dick.

This.
Sir Les and Hoos on 19:20 - Dec 1 with 1922 viewsHastings_Hoops

Sir Les and Hoos on 06:51 - Nov 30 by stainrods_elbow

To remind us all, here are the self-congratulatory statements from Amit, Hoos and Les when they appointed Beale from the club website:

Amit:

“This has perhaps been the most comprehensive search that we’ve conducted during my time at the club. A lot of work went into the process — there were interviews with a number of impressive candidates. We wanted to give the process the consideration it deserves. That’s what we’ve done and we’re thrilled with the outcome in appointing Michael. He was the unanimous first choice of the board, taking into consideration a number of different metrics, and we’re thrilled to have landed our man. His pedigree is clear and all of the feedback we received on Michael was incredibly encouraging. We’re all really excited about the period ahead of us now.”

Lee Hoos:

“This was a meticulous process that has yielded a very positive outcome — we’re really excited to have Michael on board. A lot of credit must go to our recruitment department who did a fantastic job in amassing a lot of data so that we could identify candidates who could really take this club forward. There were a number of different considerations — how individuals work with younger age groups, how they set up and how they play — playing style was a big factor for us. The DNA of the club is now firmly in place, which we’re grateful to Mark Warburton for helping to establish. Now it’s about building on that and Michael fits in very well in that respect. There is a lot to look forward to.”

Les:

"We have spoken to a number of excellent candidates, but we had to whittle them down to one and believe that we have the best individual that we spoke to in Michael. Twenty-odd candidates is a high volume of people to speak to, but this was a process driven by what we were looking for. In years gone by, we may have been contacted about speaking to certain managers, and interviewed them as a result. However, now, we identify who we’re after and won’t speak to anyone who isn’t where we need to be as a result. Michael scored really highly in terms of all the data — then it was about myself, Lee [Hoos] and the owners speaking to the final six candidates, asking our own set of questions. You have to do your investigations and speak to people who have worked with Michael or seen Michael at work. The feedback was excellent, in terms of the type of coach he is and the way he goes about what he does — how much people have enjoyed working with him."

I won't bother putting up all their multiple statements about Warburton, McClaren, Holloway, JFH, Ramsey etc. etc., which have preceded a total of 10 - TEN - permanent and stand-in managerial appointments at the club since 2015.

The fact that Hoos even uses Beale's exit to try to leverage the club's own performance in this tawdry affair by saying 'it's ok, guys, we were already onto his replacement with a shortlist' is the kind of risible own goal that makes it clear the people in charge are not fit for purpose to represent us. But when, bizarrely, there is zero professional accountability, performance analysis and proper pushback, you can say what you like and cover your sorry arses as you go.

In sum, Beale is a sorry shit - obviously. But it's clear his recruitment was clearly deeply flawed, compromised and ultimately embarrassing, and it's endemic with this hierarchy. Why on earth should anyone trust them with the next one?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 6:54]

What is the problem? I mean… every single thing - constantly slating Ferdinand and (according to previous posts) writing emails to Hoos.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 19:26]
Sir Les and Hoos on 20:11 - Dec 1 with 1843 viewsdanehoop

Sir Les and Hoos on 19:20 - Dec 1 by Hastings_Hoops

What is the problem? I mean… every single thing - constantly slating Ferdinand and (according to previous posts) writing emails to Hoos.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 19:26]

Maybe its purely attention seeking Hastings or perhaps he genuinely has some kind of OCD behavourial condition. Either way, the ignore button just works wonders.

Never knowingly understood

Sir Les and Hoos on 20:26 - Dec 1 with 1751 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 20:11 - Dec 1 by danehoop

Maybe its purely attention seeking Hastings or perhaps he genuinely has some kind of OCD behavourial condition. Either way, the ignore button just works wonders.

Lovely - from insults to lampooning people's mental health now. Well done on scraping the barrel even further. Ooh - the odd email to a club staff member from a fan who cares, whatever next? You're an embarrassment to the board!
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 21:20]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Sir Les and Hoos on 23:27 - Dec 1 with 1646 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:36 - Dec 1 by francisbowles

Funny you should mention Burnley and Southampton Baz, along with Leicester, the clubs where Lee Hoos was before coming to us.

A genuine coincidence! I knew he was at Burnley mind.
Login to get fewer ads

Sir Les and Hoos on 00:34 - Dec 2 with 1595 viewsPunteR

Sir Les and Hoos on 20:26 - Dec 1 by stainrods_elbow

Lovely - from insults to lampooning people's mental health now. Well done on scraping the barrel even further. Ooh - the odd email to a club staff member from a fan who cares, whatever next? You're an embarrassment to the board!
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 21:20]

You've just been told over half the posters on LFW have you on ignore and you say Dane is an embarrassment to this board?
Personally I don't mind your rants about the club, doesn't really bother me, crack on, but the way you go about talking to other posters is pretty muggy.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sir Les and Hoos on 02:48 - Dec 2 with 1501 viewsstainrods_elbow

Laughable - I am accused of routinely insulting people for no reason (I don't), yet when someone speculates I'm mentally ill (nice!), or another superciliously speaks of being part of the 'adult' fraternity in the room from which s/he needs to exclude me , it's all somehow OK. Jog on until you've got something to say worth listening to, and find someone else to scapegoat. I was having a laugh with friends tonight about the malific power of projection; people codemning another for traits they then gaily manifest themselves so they can kid themselves they're better.

I've already commented on the embarrassing need to 'ignore' people on a public forum - what self-secure person who's up for debate and passonate exchange does that? I could care less about the 'data' . People who need to manipulate their environments like that to safeguard their own fragile insides will write their own narcissistic/snowflake scripts in life. Whatever my flaws, I'm glad I'm not one of them.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2022 2:54]

Sir Les and Hoos on 04:57 - Dec 2 with 1486 viewszizoustainrod

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:35 - Dec 1 by Tonto

Agree 100%
Sir Les and Hoos (n/t) on 07:20 - Dec 2 with 1423 viewsLoftgirl

Sir Les and Hoos (n/t) on 09:46 - Dec 1 by stainrods_elbow

[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 9:55]

That's better. You say it best when you say nothing at all.
Sir Les and Hoos on 10:42 - Dec 2 with 1305 viewszicoshoops

I’ve got to be honest people…..

I’m not sensing a lot of love on this thread for Kim Jong bastard Un.
If he turns up at a Premiership Club next season, we’ll only have ourselves to blame.

What’s going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Sir Les and Hoos (n/t) on 21:13 - Dec 2 with 1088 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos (n/t) on 07:20 - Dec 2 by Loftgirl

That's better. You say it best when you say nothing at all.

But you still felt the need to say something unpleasant - well done you!

Sir Les and Hoos on 22:06 - Dec 2 with 1030 viewsnumptydumpty

Bit of an embarrassing thread of insults, both ways.

And to think we all meant to be aiming for the one same thing.

Life's too short for rumbles.

Let's everybody breathe ............
And relax !!!!!!

Stay cool supa hoopsa !!!!! 😊😊😊

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024