Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Les and Hoos 21:32 - Nov 29 with 15215 viewszicoshoops

So….
We’re looking for a new Manager.
Do your homework, do your research.

I must admit I’m not really fussed.
You can appoint Kim Jong bastard Un, if he could do the job, but……..

Do not appoint another Chelsea supporting Manager like Agent Beale.

Once can be considered careless and a mistake…..
Twice?
Well, that would be unforgivable.

What’s going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Sir Les and Hoos on 17:25 - Nov 30 with 2576 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 16:33 - Nov 30 by derbyhoop

If you can't find anything positive to say, why say anything at all.
Beale seemed a cracking appointment at the time, after a rigorous selection process. Not just to the board, but to many fans as well. I don't think many saw him jumping ship so soon.

A factor in the growing professionalism at QPR is that there is an element of long term planning. The sort that identifies Paal and Richards is similar for keeping tabs on players, coaches and managers.
It is similar to the WBA approach when Ashworth was involved.

O please- the world and his wife have rightly attacked every part of this disastrous dalliance with Beale. Go away and happy clap by yourself if that's your bag!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 17:26]

Poll: How many points will we manage from our first 5 games with this squad?

Sir Les and Hoos on 17:56 - Nov 30 with 2534 viewsPunteR

You can't blame Les Ferdinand and Hoos for Micheal Beale dumping us and doing a runner to Scotland. They're not mind readers and know what Beales intentions really are. Beale has stitched everyone up at QPR.
However, I am concerned about what is really happening behind the scenes atm. I wasn't happy with Warburton going but clearly there were fall outs, things not being done right, and lots of rumours banded about. I'm still a bit perplexed about Warburton talking to Bristol about a job in his first season here. Things dont seem quite right to me. This job seemed a perfect job for Beale although I am slightly biased of course and I just wonder if the issues stem from further up from Hoos and Ferdinand and those two are taking all the flak?.
Maybe that's just how it is football. ?
Fk knows.
Just for balance, I think Hoos and Ferdinand have done some really good things on their watch. It must be hugely frustrating for them to be in this position again. But they do need to look at improving whatever needs improving at the club because clearly something isn't quite right.
Is that a fair observation?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sir Les and Hoos on 17:57 - Nov 30 with 2530 viewsPinnerPaul

Sir Les and Hoos on 17:24 - Nov 30 by stainrods_elbow

My point was not really about Beale's lovely (misguided) welcome, to addo to all othe others extended to Hair Island, JFH, Holloway etc. etc, but wouldn't it have been refreshing for the club to have put on an exit statment condemining MB's ethics (and thereby standing up for the club's)?

(I know - I'm living in a rose-tinted 70s football Avalon.)

That's fair enough, but everyone knows football is such a small world, so hardly does anyone any good to go around slagging off people, as you're very likely to come across them again at some point!

Maybe Les has his eye on the DOF role at GR?
Sir Les and Hoos on 17:59 - Nov 30 with 2508 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Les and Hoos on 17:13 - Nov 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

I'll bite. My issue is less with Hoos, more with our DoF. My solution would be appointing someone suitably qualified who might manage to get us into at least the play-offs within eight years. Obviously that won't happen as he was appointed by Uncle Tony as a sop to the fans, which is a strategy that is clearly still working.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 17:16]

Sorry mate, ‘someone qualified’ doesn’t cut it. Ferdinand has more badges than Peter Purvis and has worked with a top tier football club and an intentional association.

Seriously who?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 18:04]
Sir Les and Hoos on 18:10 - Nov 30 with 2488 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sir Les and Hoos on 17:59 - Nov 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Sorry mate, ‘someone qualified’ doesn’t cut it. Ferdinand has more badges than Peter Purvis and has worked with a top tier football club and an intentional association.

Seriously who?
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 18:04]

Was he previously a DoF? Wasn't he famously 'learning on the job' according to Uncle Tony? Wouldn't you say that eight years with a relegation and no play-off spot isn't the greatest return? How long should a DoF get to 'turn things round'?
Sir Les and Hoos on 18:20 - Nov 30 with 2447 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 17:56 - Nov 30 by PunteR

You can't blame Les Ferdinand and Hoos for Micheal Beale dumping us and doing a runner to Scotland. They're not mind readers and know what Beales intentions really are. Beale has stitched everyone up at QPR.
However, I am concerned about what is really happening behind the scenes atm. I wasn't happy with Warburton going but clearly there were fall outs, things not being done right, and lots of rumours banded about. I'm still a bit perplexed about Warburton talking to Bristol about a job in his first season here. Things dont seem quite right to me. This job seemed a perfect job for Beale although I am slightly biased of course and I just wonder if the issues stem from further up from Hoos and Ferdinand and those two are taking all the flak?.
Maybe that's just how it is football. ?
Fk knows.
Just for balance, I think Hoos and Ferdinand have done some really good things on their watch. It must be hugely frustrating for them to be in this position again. But they do need to look at improving whatever needs improving at the club because clearly something isn't quite right.
Is that a fair observation?

What a confusing post! You insist this debacle is all Beale's doing, and no blame whatsoever is to be attached to poor Les and Lee, but then that they need to learn 'something' from it, though you seem terrified to speculate as to what.

Whatever/wherever the truth is, I know one thing: we fans deserve a hell of a lot more than the recent shitshow on and off the pitch.

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:24 - Nov 30 with 2435 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 17:57 - Nov 30 by PinnerPaul

That's fair enough, but everyone knows football is such a small world, so hardly does anyone any good to go around slagging off people, as you're very likely to come across them again at some point!

Maybe Les has his eye on the DOF role at GR?

If your viewpoint is right, let me be the first to give QPR a silver medal for their perpetuation of the game's essential gutlessness (aided and abetted by your cynical post).
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 18:28]

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:35 - Nov 30 with 2431 viewsWokingR

Thought we were finally going to get wegerlies steps and stainrods armpit replying to each other then
I can’t be the only one who thinks they are the same person?
Login to get fewer ads

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:52 - Nov 30 with 2405 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:10 - Nov 30 by Wegerles_Stairs

Was he previously a DoF? Wasn't he famously 'learning on the job' according to Uncle Tony? Wouldn't you say that eight years with a relegation and no play-off spot isn't the greatest return? How long should a DoF get to 'turn things round'?

Yesterday you said we had we’ve had ten managers under him and today you said we were relegated under him.

Can we stick to the truth please?

Still no answer to the question I see.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 19:32]
Sir Les and Hoos on 19:17 - Nov 30 with 2357 viewskensalriser

I've come to the conclusion that a tremendous addition to LfW would be a resident therapist on hand to offer assistance to those posters suffering episodes.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sir Les and Hoos on 19:20 - Nov 30 with 2356 viewsNorthernr

Sir Les and Hoos on 19:17 - Nov 30 by kensalriser

I've come to the conclusion that a tremendous addition to LfW would be a resident therapist on hand to offer assistance to those posters suffering episodes.

I already think I qualify for a grant from the government for the Care in The Community work I'm doing keeping a captive audience here. I.e. if they're captive here they're not out in the community.
Sir Les and Hoos on 19:51 - Nov 30 with 2274 viewsderbyhoop

Sir Les and Hoos on 17:25 - Nov 30 by stainrods_elbow

O please- the world and his wife have rightly attacked every part of this disastrous dalliance with Beale. Go away and happy clap by yourself if that's your bag!
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 17:26]

Hindsight = 20:20 vision.
Nobody was attacking the decision to appoint him. A bit of who is he, but that was about it.

Unlike you, I think Lee Hoos and Les have done a fair job, considering we have a low capacity, high cost stadium, with virtually zero non match day revenue.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sir Les and Hoos on 19:59 - Nov 30 with 2262 viewsDorse

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:35 - Nov 30 by WokingR

Thought we were finally going to get wegerlies steps and stainrods armpit replying to each other then
I can’t be the only one who thinks they are the same person?

To be fair, some people thought me and Disco were the same person. I am much better looking (in my head).

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Sir Les and Hoos on 20:01 - Nov 30 with 2256 viewszicoshoops

Blimey 😳
So no one’s with me for Kim Jong bastard Un as our next Manager 😳

What’s going on?

We should be told

Sort it out
Sir Les and Hoos on 20:03 - Nov 30 with 2246 viewsdm97

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:20 - Nov 30 by stainrods_elbow

What a confusing post! You insist this debacle is all Beale's doing, and no blame whatsoever is to be attached to poor Les and Lee, but then that they need to learn 'something' from it, though you seem terrified to speculate as to what.

Whatever/wherever the truth is, I know one thing: we fans deserve a hell of a lot more than the recent shitshow on and off the pitch.

QPR sit 24th, 10 points from safety, facing impending FFP penalties…oh wait
Sir Les and Hoos on 20:34 - Nov 30 with 2151 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 19:20 - Nov 30 by Northernr

I already think I qualify for a grant from the government for the Care in The Community work I'm doing keeping a captive audience here. I.e. if they're captive here they're not out in the community.

After this week, I do feel I might need help right now, but also, paradoxically, that I'm probably beyond it!

There's no cure for the mad love of QPR.

Sir Les and Hoos on 21:05 - Nov 30 with 2099 viewsNorthernr

Sir Les and Hoos on 20:34 - Nov 30 by stainrods_elbow

After this week, I do feel I might need help right now, but also, paradoxically, that I'm probably beyond it!

There's no cure for the mad love of QPR.

Well, as you know, I think your rabid determination to bring everything wrong with the club back to Lee Hoos, to the point you're bringing him up in threads about how we're defending set pieces, completely undermines your point (some of which this week has been valid) and switches people off. Literally, more than half the active posters on here now have you on ignore, so they've missed your blanket barrage over the last 48 hours. Even as a lightning rod and a provocateur for debate, to drive the board and bring people into the conversation, if you've been so obnoxious to people that everybody here has you on ignore I don't know how your approach furthers your cause at all.

And as you also know I think your constant digs at people's intelligence which have continued this week, like anybody who thinks you might be wrong about a couple of things you've said or have gone over the top, is a moron who hasn't been intellectually capable of reading the post properly, or has but hasn't "read between the lines", is insulting. Behaving like your own sht doesn't stink, screaming about TEN MANAGERS when it's six. It's insulting to everybody you level it at, on a message board that is 99% QPR with a couple of Brentford fans lauding it over us and one wonderful Fulham fan we all love.

It's unnecessary. We're all QPR fans here, we should treat each other with more respect than you afford people who don't want to read your 300th post of the week about how us having a sht reserve goalkeeper is a Lee Hoos conspiracy.

And I also don't see how anybody who's now openly called for the fans to rise up and physically attack executives at the club (a post I've been forced to intervene and edit) can continue to criticise other people for being thick, or anything else frankly. I get the 'passion' thing, I've done stuff at games I regret, written and said things I'd take back, but fcking hell.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Sir Les and Hoos on 23:24 - Nov 30 with 1896 viewsPunteR

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:20 - Nov 30 by stainrods_elbow

The manner in how Beale left and how it effected our fans is all Beales doing. The timing of it, the statements he put out etc. If Beale lies to everyone about being at QPR and says how great everything is but actually it's not and he wants to manage GR what can LF an LH do about it?. If there's issues to why Beale wanted to leave and why Warburton wanted to leave in his first season ,then what are those issues.? I'm not terrified of the answer btw I was trying to be more tactful with how I questioned or criticised of the club considering you're using a battering ram to smash Les and Hoos at every given opportunity, winding everyone up in the process. I do think there are things not quite right at the club when you take into account the last 5 years.
FFP looming, our best players potentially leaving soon with no real replacements. Loan players going back. Players that have been sidelined (Dickie) not happy at the club. No manager, 3 of the coaching staff gone it's not looking to great atm.
My gut feeling is the problem isn't Hoos but stems from those above, like I said.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Sir Les and Hoos on 23:37 - Nov 30 with 1875 viewsMancR

The very fact that two much bigger clubs have come looking at Beale actually proves that his appointment was a good one by Hoos and co. All they need to do is to repeat the process and appoint someone else who is quickly wanted by bigger fish and in bigger ponds than us
Sir Les and Hoos on 23:49 - Nov 30 with 1847 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Les and Hoos on 23:37 - Nov 30 by MancR

The very fact that two much bigger clubs have come looking at Beale actually proves that his appointment was a good one by Hoos and co. All they need to do is to repeat the process and appoint someone else who is quickly wanted by bigger fish and in bigger ponds than us

This would bring in around £6m per annum. Not a bad idea.
Sir Les and Hoos on 08:25 - Dec 1 with 1667 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Sir Les and Hoos on 18:52 - Nov 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yesterday you said we had we’ve had ten managers under him and today you said we were relegated under him.

Can we stick to the truth please?

Still no answer to the question I see.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2022 19:32]

What are you on about? That's a different account.

Believe it or not, more than one person can hold the same opinion. Sorry to shatter that illusion for you.

I think you'll find we were relegated under the current DoF - or has that been wiped from your mind?

And I'm only responding in this thread because you called me out directly. Although I don't think much of the DoF's ability, Beale's departure is down to his own ego and duplicity, rather than anything Ferdinand or Hoos did. Maybe that means I'm schizophrenic as my 'alter ego' thinks it is.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 8:34]
Sir Les and Hoos on 09:25 - Dec 1 with 1617 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Sir Les and Hoos on 08:25 - Dec 1 by Wegerles_Stairs

What are you on about? That's a different account.

Believe it or not, more than one person can hold the same opinion. Sorry to shatter that illusion for you.

I think you'll find we were relegated under the current DoF - or has that been wiped from your mind?

And I'm only responding in this thread because you called me out directly. Although I don't think much of the DoF's ability, Beale's departure is down to his own ego and duplicity, rather than anything Ferdinand or Hoos did. Maybe that means I'm schizophrenic as my 'alter ego' thinks it is.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 8:34]

Les arrived in February 2015 when we were bottom and we were relegated in April 2015 as bottom. That is not Les relegating the club and you know it.
Sir Les and Hoos on 09:43 - Dec 1 with 1581 viewsstainrods_elbow

Sir Les and Hoos on 21:05 - Nov 30 by Northernr

Well, as you know, I think your rabid determination to bring everything wrong with the club back to Lee Hoos, to the point you're bringing him up in threads about how we're defending set pieces, completely undermines your point (some of which this week has been valid) and switches people off. Literally, more than half the active posters on here now have you on ignore, so they've missed your blanket barrage over the last 48 hours. Even as a lightning rod and a provocateur for debate, to drive the board and bring people into the conversation, if you've been so obnoxious to people that everybody here has you on ignore I don't know how your approach furthers your cause at all.

And as you also know I think your constant digs at people's intelligence which have continued this week, like anybody who thinks you might be wrong about a couple of things you've said or have gone over the top, is a moron who hasn't been intellectually capable of reading the post properly, or has but hasn't "read between the lines", is insulting. Behaving like your own sht doesn't stink, screaming about TEN MANAGERS when it's six. It's insulting to everybody you level it at, on a message board that is 99% QPR with a couple of Brentford fans lauding it over us and one wonderful Fulham fan we all love.

It's unnecessary. We're all QPR fans here, we should treat each other with more respect than you afford people who don't want to read your 300th post of the week about how us having a sht reserve goalkeeper is a Lee Hoos conspiracy.

And I also don't see how anybody who's now openly called for the fans to rise up and physically attack executives at the club (a post I've been forced to intervene and edit) can continue to criticise other people for being thick, or anything else frankly. I get the 'passion' thing, I've done stuff at games I regret, written and said things I'd take back, but fcking hell.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Thanks Clive (for something close to nothing). As you know, I don't agree with your cariacture of my embattled self - you exaggerate my admitted bee in the bonnet about Hoos, and I also don't feel I undermine others for the sake of it. As for respect, it's a two way street. On this platform, I've been marginalised/scapegoated as 'a strange person' (whatever that means - are you going to call that poster out too for their cruelty - probably not?), patronised as someone who doesn't understand the modern game when I've been watching, thinking and writing about it for nearly half a century, and had more brickbats thrown at me than I can count - all of which says as much or rather more about the posters themselves than me. However, like it or not, if I feel people are being obtuse, misrepresenting what I say, engaging in cultish groupthink, failing to be individuals or happy clapping etc. etc, here's the thing: I will say so.

I've commented on the board's 'ignore' feature to you before - in my view, it's juvenile, prissy and a sad sign of our politically reactive, intolerant times. Everyone should be exposed to everyone all the time. Fyi, I've also had private messages of support for my perspectives from this board, so it's horses for courses. If I divide people (almost down the middle here, it seems), so be it. If it makes you feel any better, I frequently divide myself!

I don't literally want fist fights at QPR - however, when the fans are treated with contempt, symbolically violated, or allow themselves to be taken for mugs, I will call it out. I don't have a specific axe to grind, whatever anyone may think, nor do I have any kind of public image I need or want to defend. Like any authentic antagonist in public debate, I'm there to be shot at, and frequently am. I write here about QPR, just as I have written for AKUTRs in the past, out of passion, protest and pride, and as a kind of demented lover, which is what a fanatic is and means, and pretty much all it means. I guess I am 'rabid' in some ways - often raging, possessed (like all lovers) by something irrational beyond myself, though probably not contagious (even though football is contagious). And there ain't no cure for love, as Leonard Cohen put it.

Finally , as for the number of managers we've had in place since 2015 (acting/caretaker or contracted), it IS ten, I'm afraid (though even if it were 'only' six, the Board would hardly be covering itself in glory), and my point about our terrible recruitment record stands:

Kevin Bond
Les Ferdinand
Chris Ramsey
Neil Warnock
JFH
Ian Holloway
Steve McClaren
John Eustace
Mark Warburton
Michael Beale.

Have a nice day, all. To quote the wonderful Maria Bamford, and believe it or believe it not, 'I love you all, despite all my words and actions'.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 10:35]

Sir Les and Hoos (n/t) on 09:46 - Dec 1 with 1571 viewsstainrods_elbow

[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 9:55]

Sir Les and Hoos (n/t) on 10:42 - Dec 1 with 1470 viewsWokingR

Sir Les and Hoos (n/t) on 09:46 - Dec 1 by stainrods_elbow

[Post edited 1 Dec 2022 9:55]

Can I propose this as a very late contender for "post of the year" please. Purely because, for the first time, it didn't manage to aggravate or piss anyone off.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024