Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th 10:53 - Mar 7 with 3166 views18StoneOfHoop

After being on the market for several years, the ever-smiling long-suffering Michael and his wee dragon missus Kilkenny Margaret AKA Mrs.Hitler, have finally found buyers and will be taking up long deserved retirement - their health ain't been good and they're in their late 60's - from March 26th.

The very good news is that the pub will not be painted pink and start selling cocktails at a tenner a throw,or become yet another fecking ubiquitous Tescos or be bull-dozed and flats be put up .. but has been sold to John O'Whatshisname,the brother of the sometime barmaid Bridget -the one with the Mallen streak of white in her barnet.

So the pub remains London Irish - hoorah!!! - and you'll still get yer Guinness still served sharpish - no dilatory Aussie carp service - and wonderful 4 foot 10inch Norah will still be working there and the khazis will still be overflowing & disgusting with the all the same friendly flys and I can leave up the Irish Tricolor I got printed for M&M with the QPR 1882 badge behind the bar and the photo of me waving a Hoops flag on my bike at the only QPR Victory Parade I've ever been to in my life (July 2004 was it? Nearly 10 years already? Tempis fugit or what?).

We play Wigan at home on Tuesday March 25th and I recommend local LFW punters should come on down for at least the last one ,wish 'em well and have a final hoolie with the old farts (BTW the fastest declining immigrant population in the UK is the Irish - catch 'em while they're still here.)

Here's a vid I think me surrogate Bush Pub dad Michael would enjoy:

http://shepherdsbush.wordpress.com/2010/03/31/recession-bush-conningham-arms-for

Scroll down through Juzzie's marvellous fantastic photos from that amazing relief and knees-up v Leeds 2011 day when we got promoted to see the view from The Coningham across to The British Queen and the dust cart getting boarded :
http://www.justinbrown.co.uk/qpr/qprlufc070511/qprlufc0511.html

BTW if Real_Loftus or any other LFW punters have any photos with or without horse manure -inside or outside The Coningham - stick 'em up here on this thread - I'd love to see 'em ... #HappyDays!
[Post edited 7 Mar 2014 11:22]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 10:59 - Mar 7 with 3150 viewsLblock

It'll still be a Provo sympathisers pisshole then?

Think I will pass thanks

Rebel songs, ooh ahh up the Rah and meat raffles are so last year donchyaknow

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 11:00 - Mar 7 with 3150 viewsRangersw12

Does that mean the bar staff won't have pro IRA t-shirts on under new management ?
The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 11:06 - Mar 7 with 3127 viewsGloucs_R

Never been in there. Whats with the IRA stuff then?

Poll: Are we staying up?

The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 11:06 - Mar 7 with 3124 viewsdaveB

Shame they are leaving but that pub has been long over due a refurb, I used to love it in there but the beer is bloody horrible these days and those toilets bloody hell, make the white horse look like a palace
The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 11:08 - Mar 7 with 3119 views18StoneOfHoop

The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 10:59 - Mar 7 by Lblock

It'll still be a Provo sympathisers pisshole then?

Think I will pass thanks

Rebel songs, ooh ahh up the Rah and meat raffles are so last year donchyaknow

L Block,w12...Plenty of pubs in the Bush to cater to all tastes,perhaps you'll try or keep with the sparkling Springbok then?..you won't be missed ..
best wishes and poguemahone
[Post edited 7 Mar 2014 11:10]

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 11:09 - Mar 7 with 3109 viewsRangersw12

The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 11:08 - Mar 7 by 18StoneOfHoop

L Block,w12...Plenty of pubs in the Bush to cater to all tastes,perhaps you'll try or keep with the sparkling Springbok then?..you won't be missed ..
best wishes and poguemahone
[Post edited 7 Mar 2014 11:10]

Don't worry my lot have boycotted the Conningham for years

Fingers crossed it turns into a Costa coffee
The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 13:39 - Mar 7 with 2919 viewsBklynRanger

I really enjoyed the Conningham for two or three years, before the masses moved on to the Crown and Sceptre like thirsty, migrating wildebeasts.

I never pay much attention to flags and such - there's loads of that around London and its up to them as far as I'm concerned, within reason.

IRA t-shirts would've been a different matter.
The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 17:48 - Mar 7 with 2798 viewsCHUBBS

The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 13:39 - Mar 7 by BklynRanger

I really enjoyed the Conningham for two or three years, before the masses moved on to the Crown and Sceptre like thirsty, migrating wildebeasts.

I never pay much attention to flags and such - there's loads of that around London and its up to them as far as I'm concerned, within reason.

I think that sign she refused to remove also pissed plenty off and started a mass exodus.
I know she's of the old generation,but she's a rabid racist.
Login to get fewer ads

The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 18:11 - Mar 7 with 2762 viewsted_hendrix

The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 13:39 - Mar 7 by BklynRanger

I haven't been in there since the day we got promoted to the Prem and madness ensued afterwards outside, maybe that's why we got relegated two seasons later.
I swear Maggie the midget used to get smaller each week,,,,,,,,,,
She must be all off two foot tall now.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 20:13 - Mar 7 with 2622 viewsScarecrow

I will never knock the Conningham or who goes in there.
For those that can remember when it was one long bar v Villa years ago. It kicked off big time. Like a wild west show with glasses, bottles, stools the lot. Villa started it and wished they dint. My son was about 10 at the time and all the rs fans protected him from danger, while the remainder well sorted the villa.
Not advocating violence, but when it starts, sometimes those starting get it back.
Amen for the Conningham and clean bogs in the future!
The Coningham Under New Management from March 26th on 02:33 - Mar 8 with 2469 viewsSonofNorfolt

That witch alienated loads of us about seven years ago, and it has showed on match days as I've never seen it packed since.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024