Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sports Documentaries 12:34 - Sep 10 with 10773 viewsbob566

anybody have any good ones worth watching.

Really enjoyed this one

Sports Documentaries on 12:37 - Sep 10 with 6273 viewsMetallica_Hoop

This is bloody good. If short.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sports Documentaries on 12:43 - Sep 10 with 6253 viewsAd99

This great and moving...

Sports Documentaries on 12:48 - Sep 10 with 6239 viewsBostonR

A documentary called City is a must see. It is a behind the scenes look at Man City in 1981. Nothing left unturned - absolutely magic! Cannot do the link but it is on YouTube.
Sports Documentaries on 13:03 - Sep 10 with 6206 viewsJuzzie

The Four Year Plan

Senna

TT: Closer To the Edge

and the new film coming out this week called Rush looks good. Reaccounting the famous 1976 F1 Grand Prix season between James Hunt and Niki Lauda.

[Post edited 10 Sep 2013 13:05]
Sports Documentaries on 13:10 - Sep 10 with 6177 viewsbarbicanranger

this is a peach, if you're into latin american politics and culture and football...

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1493943/
Sports Documentaries on 13:12 - Sep 10 with 6171 viewsMonkey_Roots

The Ali v Foreman/Frazier documentaries are good. Also, there was one about the Gerald McClellan v Nigel Benn fight which was good.

The race that shocked the world was very good.
Sports Documentaries on 13:13 - Sep 10 with 6169 viewsbob566

another one I enjoyed. Not so much sport but he is a long distance swimmer

Sports Documentaries on 13:25 - Sep 10 with 6149 viewstraininvain

When We Were Kings (Ali vs. Foreman) is one of the best.
Login to get fewer ads

Sports Documentaries on 13:29 - Sep 10 with 6139 viewsHayesender

There's a great cricket one basically about the Windies destroying England, but I can't for the life of me remember what its called

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sports Documentaries on 13:32 - Sep 10 with 6132 viewsBluce_Ree

Choke.

Is about one of the early MMA legends. Fascinating stuff.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Sports Documentaries on 13:39 - Sep 10 with 6120 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Saw this a few years ago, SUPERB.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sports Documentaries on 13:45 - Sep 10 with 6105 viewspaesanu

Ok not really a sport, but chess legend Bobby Fischer. Footage from childhood to just before he died, the guy was an absolute nutcase. No, seriously. Throw in some cold war politics during his Match of the Century, I'm telling you you'll be gripped (even if chess doesn't interest you at all)! It's called Bobby Fischer Against The World, it's on Netflix.

EDITED because I had the wrong title. 'End Game' is the book title, also great.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2013 20:42]

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Sports Documentaries on 13:47 - Sep 10 with 6100 viewstoboboly

Every Sunday morning (circa 7.30am) there is an hour long documentary about the NFL on channel 4. Last week was a look at the Cincinatti Bengals pre-season training camp.

Really eye opening even if you aren't a massive NFL nut.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sports Documentaries on 13:51 - Sep 10 with 6091 viewsElHoop

Cloughie - you can never get too much Cloughie:

That Graham Hill one is interesting. My dad was an apprentice at Smiths Industries at the same time as Hill and he used to go around on the back of his motor bike. Hill was a good table tennis player apparently, and he taught my dad to play. Have asked him if he's in the Smiths photo on that clip.
Sports Documentaries on 13:51 - Sep 10 with 6091 viewsBluce_Ree

Sports Documentaries on 13:12 - Sep 10 by Monkey_Roots

The Ali v Foreman/Frazier documentaries are good. Also, there was one about the Gerald McClellan v Nigel Benn fight which was good.

The race that shocked the world was very good.

The Benn/McCllenan one was on ITV apparently. I'll try to track that down as I'll never forget watching that fight. Shame it ended tragically as it was genuinely the greatest boxing match I've ever seen.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Sports Documentaries on 14:03 - Sep 10 with 6068 viewspaulparker

saw a cracking one a few months ago on ESPN about Pablo Escobar & the Escobar who scored an own goal at the 94 World Cup,
excellent in how all the colombian drug barons sponsored football teams and the lengths they would go to win,
it also centred on the talented team that colombia had at around the 94 World cup and how they had to play matches in the prison where pablo escobar was being held

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Sports Documentaries on 14:14 - Sep 10 with 6058 viewsericgen34

The best one by far (at least for french people about my age)

Sports Documentaries on 14:18 - Sep 10 with 6048 viewsWestminsteRs

Sports Documentaries on 13:29 - Sep 10 by Hayesender

There's a great cricket one basically about the Windies destroying England, but I can't for the life of me remember what its called

Fire in Babylon?
Sports Documentaries on 14:26 - Sep 10 with 6030 viewsDesertBoot

The BBC's Alex Higgins - People's Champion I found very moving and appreciative of an absolute genius.

Wish I could be like David Watts

Sports Documentaries on 14:56 - Sep 10 with 5993 viewsInglesio

Easily the most interesting one I've ever seen is the one about the 2 Escobars, can be a bit of tear jerker too

Sports Documentaries on 15:25 - Sep 10 with 5969 viewsBlackCrowe

Sports Documentaries on 14:18 - Sep 10 by WestminsteRs

Fire in Babylon?

That is one hell of film. Destroying Aussis too. Great soundtrack and window on yester-year.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Sports Documentaries on 15:32 - Sep 10 with 5959 viewsballbag

Here's the BBC doc on the Hunt v Lauda rivalry. Very good

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11zo58_hunt-vs-lauda-f1-s-greatest-racing-riva

Another Bobby Fischer doc which I enjoyed

Not so much a sport, but this is an amazing doc about fcking Donkey Kong championships! (Not literally)

Sports Documentaries on 15:38 - Sep 10 with 5948 viewsbob566

Sports Documentaries on 15:32 - Sep 10 by ballbag

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x11zo58_hunt-vs-lauda-f1-s-greatest-racing-riva

Not so much a sport, but this is an amazing doc about fcking Donkey Kong championships! (Not literally)

that king of kong is one of the best docs around. Steve Wiebe isn't it?

The scene where they arrive in Miami (I think) and there is a nerd gamer giving them the thumbs up in fingerless gloves. Hilarious.
Sports Documentaries on 15:38 - Sep 10 with 5948 viewsToast_R

Best Footy Doc ever

Sports Documentaries on 15:47 - Sep 10 with 5931 viewstoboboly

Sports Documentaries on 15:32 - Sep 10 by ballbag

You may like this then, sounds similar;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ecstasy-Order-Tetris-Masters-DVD/dp/B0085X31ZA/ref=sr_1_

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024