Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sports Documentaries 12:34 - Sep 10 with 10799 viewsbob566

anybody have any good ones worth watching.

Really enjoyed this one

Sports Documentaries on 16:01 - Sep 10 with 3317 viewsTonto

I thought this was quite funny - he bascially takes the pi$$ out of himself, but also does a pretty good effort at promoting himself.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: How was the transfer window for you?

Sports Documentaries on 16:28 - Sep 10 with 3298 viewsballbag

Sports Documentaries on 15:47 - Sep 10 by toboboly

You may like this then, sounds similar;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ecstasy-Order-Tetris-Masters-DVD/dp/B0085X31ZA/ref=sr_1_

Cheers for that!
Sports Documentaries on 16:45 - Sep 10 with 3275 viewstoboboly

Sports Documentaries on 16:28 - Sep 10 by ballbag

Cheers for that!

No probs. I just bought the Donkey Kong one so will applaud or chastise you for your suggestion at a later date

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Sports Documentaries on 18:17 - Sep 10 with 3244 viewsAntti_Heinola

Sports Documentaries on 13:13 - Sep 10 by bob566

another one I enjoyed. Not so much sport but he is a long distance swimmer

Ah, now that's a doco! What a man. What an absolutely incredible man.
Senna superb too.

Bare bones.

Sports Documentaries on 18:24 - Sep 10 with 3236 viewsQPRDave

I quite liked this one....

Although a f*kin Liverpool fan ripped the **** out of me after the 4-0 drubbing in this video
Sports Documentaries on 19:02 - Sep 10 with 3223 viewsSnipper

Thanks to the OP for this thread. I've just watched the film about the 1988 Olympic 100m final. Very very interesting viewing.

Looking forward to watching some of the others.
Sports Documentaries on 19:14 - Sep 10 with 3217 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Sports Documentaries on 14:56 - Sep 10 by Inglesio

Easily the most interesting one I've ever seen is the one about the 2 Escobars, can be a bit of tear jerker too

I saw that one a few years back, was very sad. This is another ESPN documentary about 2 Yugoslav (one Serb, one Croat) basketball players who went to the NBA at the time just before the civil war broke out. A worthwhile watch.

Sports Documentaries on 19:43 - Sep 10 with 3205 viewsClint_Power

'Out of the Ashes', about the Afghan cricket team was a great watch. An obscure subject but a really well done portrait of life in Afghanistan and culture shock when they go abroad.

Login to get fewer ads

Sports Documentaries on 20:29 - Sep 10 with 3186 viewsPommyhoop

As mentioned. Great film about the all conquering Windies.Unbellievable team

And for the WW2 buffs.A nice mixture of football and escapism.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Sports Documentaries on 20:43 - Sep 10 with 3181 viewsHayesender

Sports Documentaries on 14:18 - Sep 10 by WestminsteRs

Fire in Babylon?

That's the one. Superb

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sports Documentaries on 21:41 - Sep 10 with 3157 viewsMonkey_Roots

Sports Documentaries on 15:38 - Sep 10 by Toast_R

Best Footy Doc ever

Whoa! Is that 'Hero: Mexico '86'?

If so... Amazing. I had it on VHS, and again bought it on DVD - awesome.

I know this going to come off as a bit callous, but I'm not sure that the Benn v mcClellan did end in tragedy... a human being who buys a rescue dog, tapes up his jaw, and throws him to his fighting dogs, so they can practice ripping another dog apart can rot in hell for all I care. I don't expect i'll be in the majority, but fvck that pr1ck - and i followed that scum from day one, he was a sensational ko artist, better than even Julian Jackson. When i read that, i reviewed my position on how that fight ended.
Sports Documentaries on 21:58 - Sep 10 with 3145 viewsCHUBBS

Anyone who enjoys ice hockey will love this documentary.
Its More about the life of an enforcer than the game itself,some great tear ups and also investigates the after effects it all has on the protagonists.

Sports Documentaries on 22:29 - Sep 10 with 3115 viewsKiwi76

Sports Documentaries on 20:43 - Sep 10 by Hayesender

That's the one. Superb

Watched that recently down here and really good to see how they transformed from being a soft opponent to the scariest attack ever - was too young to appreciate where they'd come from as were already #1 by time I was following.
I know there have been quicker bowlers but that quartet of Windies won't be beaten for fear factor - even more when you factor in the lack of protective gear back then...
Sports Documentaries on 22:33 - Sep 10 with 3115 viewsMrSheen

It's grim up North.

Sports Documentaries on 22:36 - Sep 10 with 3111 viewsMrSheen

Sports Documentaries on 22:29 - Sep 10 by Kiwi76

Watched that recently down here and really good to see how they transformed from being a soft opponent to the scariest attack ever - was too young to appreciate where they'd come from as were already #1 by time I was following.
I know there have been quicker bowlers but that quartet of Windies won't be beaten for fear factor - even more when you factor in the lack of protective gear back then...

Throw in restrictions on the number of bouncers in each over and requirement to bowl 90 overs in the day (Windies averaged about 12 an hour at their peak) to better protection for batsmen as reasons why cricket has changed for the better since those days.
Sports Documentaries on 03:00 - Sep 11 with 3019 viewsFredManRave

Sports Documentaries on 13:51 - Sep 10 by Bluce_Ree

The Benn/McCllenan one was on ITV apparently. I'll try to track that down as I'll never forget watching that fight. Shame it ended tragically as it was genuinely the greatest boxing match I've ever seen.

The below link must be the one you're talking about but annoyingly it doesn't load on my work PC so I'll have to try it at home later.

I really should make the time to sit down and watch the following as well;

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Sports Documentaries on 06:50 - Sep 11 with 3004 viewsPommyhoop

John Sitton .Genius. Title:: Orient -Club for a fiver

The famous 'Bring your f@cking dinner' scene.

And the follow up John Sitton speaks .Nice quote on Anton Ferdinands defending abilitys.

[Post edited 11 Sep 2013 7:10]

Sports Documentaries on 09:44 - Sep 12 with 2946 viewsBluce_Ree

Sports Documentaries on 21:41 - Sep 10 by Monkey_Roots

Whoa! Is that 'Hero: Mexico '86'?

If so... Amazing. I had it on VHS, and again bought it on DVD - awesome.

I know this going to come off as a bit callous, but I'm not sure that the Benn v mcClellan did end in tragedy... a human being who buys a rescue dog, tapes up his jaw, and throws him to his fighting dogs, so they can practice ripping another dog apart can rot in hell for all I care. I don't expect i'll be in the majority, but fvck that pr1ck - and i followed that scum from day one, he was a sensational ko artist, better than even Julian Jackson. When i read that, i reviewed my position on how that fight ended.

I know what you mean. I remember the build up to the fight and the man was a c**t throughout. The dog stuff on top of that was even worse and I imagine if the situations were reversed he wouldn't have done anything for Benn.

That said, it's a tough life for a man who was once fitter than most people on the planet. To end up blind and brain damaged is no joke. I can still feel some pity even if I don't necessarily feel as bad for him as I would for any other boxer.

Watched the documentary yesterday. Fascinating if only because I've never watched the fight again since and it brought back so many memories. I was going nuts when Benn won that.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Sports Documentaries on 10:01 - Sep 12 with 2940 viewsPommyhoop

Sports Documentaries on 09:44 - Sep 12 by Bluce_Ree

I know what you mean. I remember the build up to the fight and the man was a c**t throughout. The dog stuff on top of that was even worse and I imagine if the situations were reversed he wouldn't have done anything for Benn.

That said, it's a tough life for a man who was once fitter than most people on the planet. To end up blind and brain damaged is no joke. I can still feel some pity even if I don't necessarily feel as bad for him as I would for any other boxer.

Watched the documentary yesterday. Fascinating if only because I've never watched the fight again since and it brought back so many memories. I was going nuts when Benn won that.

I was a bit of an odd man out in my crowd / pub in that I Loved Chris Eubank.It was a bit of a boxing crowd and a lot of them hated Chris because of his antics and his 'boxing is barberic ' statements.I won a lot of money betting on Eubank against people who really hated him enough to deny his talent.

Sadly I made a good few bob on the night of the fight against Michael Watson.Chris was getting slaughtered and evryone was homing in on me demanding their winnings and then Chris threw the best uppercut Ive ever seen.I was King of the pub . Sad end tho . But Michael is fighting through .

Top man..

Sports Documentaries on 10:09 - Sep 12 with 2931 viewsBluce_Ree

Yeah I loved Eubank at the time. Such a stylish boxer and had real charisma.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2013 10:10]

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

Sports Documentaries on 10:18 - Sep 12 with 2920 viewsPommyhoop

Sports Documentaries on 10:09 - Sep 12 by Bluce_Ree

Yeah I loved Eubank at the time. Such a stylish boxer and had real charisma.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2013 10:10]

Sports Documentaries on 10:19 - Sep 12 with 2919 viewsElHoop

Footnote to Hill documentary - my dad is not in the picture:

'Terry, I was not in this photo as Graham was in the year ahead and this is all his year
He was involved in a major accident on his motor cycle and badly injured one of his legs. He missed most of his year and came back into our year. That is when I really got to know him and he was my first skipper at table tennis
Nice to see the photo and thanks for sending'
Sports Documentaries on 10:42 - Sep 12 with 2899 viewsTacticalR

Hoop Dreams (1994)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110057/

One of the greatest documentaries ever made.

Air hostess clique

Sports Documentaries on 12:13 - Sep 12 with 2877 viewsJuzzie

"Joey - The Man Who Conquered the TT".

ITV4 documentary about TT record holder Joey Dunlop that was actually aired again last night. They'll probably show it again I'm sure.

Amazing story of an amazing man. None of your 'celeb', glitzy, model-marrying type of person. Real down to earth guy who simply loved motorbikes and racing. Felt awkward when he had t be put into the limelight. Tragic end but he probably wouldn't have wanted to go any other way.
Sports Documentaries on 14:11 - Sep 12 with 2849 viewsQPRDave

Sports Documentaries on 22:33 - Sep 10 by MrSheen

It's grim up North.

Eeeee well i'll go tut foot of our stairs.Most points scored away while losing by gum!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024