Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea 09:23 - Mar 10 with 49594 viewsDWQPR

Just been sanctioned by the UK government. Now I assume that any follower of the filth buying tickets or anything associated with that lot will be breaking the law?

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 17:39 - Mar 11 with 2707 viewseastside_r

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 16:45 - Mar 11 by NewBee

Interesting commentary from this morning:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/mar/11/roman-abramovich-vladimir-

QPR even get a brief, tangential mention.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 16:45]

I cannot recommend this article enough.

I think there is only one journalist I prefer reading than Marina. You can probably guess who that is.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 17:49 - Mar 11 with 2673 viewsstowmarketrange

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 17:02 - Mar 11 by flynnbo

They're still going.

A bloke I worked with bought 2 pieces of the pitch when they went on sale,but he couldn’t afford to go to any games.He also had a tattoo of Dennis Wise on his back,which he got signed by the dwarf himself,so he was a few Bob short of a £.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 18:00 - Mar 11 with 2635 viewsgobbles

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 15:58 - Mar 11 by NewBee

"Frozen" until they (HMG) determine how they're going to dispose of them.

As for "12 months time" (or whenever), what can he do in the meantime to justify his assets being returned to him?

They have been seized because of his links to Putin, indeed much of them have derived directly or indirectly from his links to Putin.

How do you imagine he can undo that?

Think of it like an Unexplained Wealth Order, whereby suspicious funds can be seized by Court Order without an actual criminal conviction (eg suspected drug dealers).

Except that in cases like Abram's, the wealth is very easily explained.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 16:00]

But they haven't seized his assets or the other oligarchs' assets. They would have to pass another act of Parliament to do that. Unless Abramovich agrees to give the club away, they can't sell it. In the same way they can't sell his houses.
Indeed, what if it turns out much of this isn't in his name, but the name of family members who haven't been sanctioned, after all, didn't his daughter criticise Putin? He's had ten days to cover his tracks since he cleared off to Moscow.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 18:17 - Mar 11 with 2570 viewswood_hoop

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 17:39 - Mar 11 by eastside_r

I cannot recommend this article enough.

I think there is only one journalist I prefer reading than Marina. You can probably guess who that is.

Would like to add to the list of good jounalists we have in this country.

besides you know who ..........

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 18:43 - Mar 11 with 2437 viewsNewBee

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 18:00 - Mar 11 by gobbles

But they haven't seized his assets or the other oligarchs' assets. They would have to pass another act of Parliament to do that. Unless Abramovich agrees to give the club away, they can't sell it. In the same way they can't sell his houses.
Indeed, what if it turns out much of this isn't in his name, but the name of family members who haven't been sanctioned, after all, didn't his daughter criticise Putin? He's had ten days to cover his tracks since he cleared off to Moscow.

OK, "seized" was the wrong word. But so long as his assets are frozen, RA can't do anythng with them, while it buys time for HMG to decide what they're going to do with them. And they can take their time doing so.

As for assets in cover names (family, shell companies, offshore etc), well of course that will be the case but equally, HMG have plenty of experience of tracking down these things via the Revenue and Customs.

Beyond that, you cannot sell eg a £20 million mansion in Belgravia in 10 days.

The big problem is that he'll have his assets squirreled away all over the world, while his Portugese citizenship offers some protection against EU sanctions.

But even this latter is now bring questioned:
[url] https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/portugal-says-sanctions-against-abramovich-
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 18:50 - Mar 11 with 2417 viewsthemodfather

the pitch owners have meant the "bridge" has not been redeveloped fully and have been a stumbling block and hopefully will do so again!
talk on bbc london about concerns chelsea won't fulfil fixtures next season, YES THEY WILL v woking and v dagenham lol
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 19:02 - Mar 11 with 2360 viewsNorthernr

Club's bank account suspended by Barclays now.

I mean, you shouldn't laugh. But I'm going to.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 19:16 - Mar 11 with 2305 viewsHarbour

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 19:02 - Mar 11 by Northernr

Send in the Liquidator now I mean it’s there club anthem …
Login to get fewer ads

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 20:11 - Mar 11 with 2145 viewsthemodfather

barclays the bank that likes to say "up yours chelsea "
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 20:47 - Mar 11 with 2049 viewsSimplyNico

This is pretty serious now. Under Article 14 of the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, if the players are not paid for three months, they can terminate their contracts for just cause.

And quite how they are going to pay HMRC the PAYE each month if they haven't got bank facilities will be interesting. HMRC are not known for their charity to football clubs.

This could unravel very quickly.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 21:03]
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 21:16 - Mar 11 with 1961 viewsWokingR

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 18:50 - Mar 11 by themodfather

the pitch owners have meant the "bridge" has not been redeveloped fully and have been a stumbling block and hopefully will do so again!
talk on bbc london about concerns chelsea won't fulfil fixtures next season, YES THEY WILL v woking and v dagenham lol

Oi!
We don’t want them
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 22:11 - Mar 11 with 1785 viewsDannyPaddox

Actually feeling a little sorry for them now. After all that’s happened to them over the past few days and now it seems they’ve forgotten their own PIN number 🤣🤣😁
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 22:19 - Mar 11 with 1761 viewsstowmarketrange

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 22:11 - Mar 11 by DannyPaddox

Actually feeling a little sorry for them now. After all that’s happened to them over the past few days and now it seems they’ve forgotten their own PIN number 🤣🤣😁

I think their card has been swallowed by the cash machine.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 22:23 - Mar 11 with 1742 viewsaston_hoop

Not far off being stuck next to Lukaku on a Ryanair flight next time they have a champions league game away from London or bumping into Mason Mount at the Travelodge next time you go to a Northern Away game. This is fun

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 22:33 - Mar 11 with 1706 viewsted_hendrix

Next Month energy costs are set to rise by as much as 50% that'll f uck em completely (and most of us) anyway whatever.

"Turn the bloody floodlights off FFS"
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 22:35]

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 23:18 - Mar 11 with 1595 viewsdavman

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 20:47 - Mar 11 by SimplyNico

This is pretty serious now. Under Article 14 of the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players, if the players are not paid for three months, they can terminate their contracts for just cause.

And quite how they are going to pay HMRC the PAYE each month if they haven't got bank facilities will be interesting. HMRC are not known for their charity to football clubs.

This could unravel very quickly.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 21:03]

It won't though.

They are not Bury or Chester. They are one of the Premier League's "Chosen Six" and they will not let them disappear. Remember, one rule for them, another for the rest of us..

"Fit and Proper" - f**k off. You pass that if you pay enough in the same way their scumbag racist captain gets off legal charges where he is CLEARLY telling someone he is a "black c**t".

It may look bleak, but this lot will fall into a bucket of shite and come out smelling of roses.

It'll be like everything else around supporting QPR - It's the hope (that they get REALLY punished) that will kill you.

We don't get nice things; they do.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 23:30 - Mar 11 with 1565 viewsDamo1962

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 07:19 - Mar 11 by Konk

It’s Chelsea, the spawniest club in the world; they’ll be fine. Matthew Harding extravagantly bankrolled the club, died, they owed £100m - which was huge back then - everyone agreed they were screwed, but then some Russian bloke most of us had never heard of took over and spent £2bn winning them countless trophies for the next two decades. That poxy club are like a fuc king cockroach surviving nuclear war.

Zero sympathy for anyone related to the club as they’ve all knowingly enjoyed the benefits of money plundered from the Russian people. I’d love to think this will end badly for Chelsea, but if past form is anything to go by, those cu nts will probably win the Champions League now.

This.Every time in my lifetime they have been on the verge, someone comes to their rescue. They's are unfortunately seen by the rest of the world as exotic and the epitome of London. At least non football people can hate them now as well.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 0:01]
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 23:39 - Mar 11 with 1540 viewsDamo1962

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 10:48 - Mar 11 by izlingtonhoop

It's over simplistic, but the capitalist system as it has evolved over the past three or four centuries. owed and owes its very existence to the enslavement of millions of human beings in the 18th and 19th centuries.

Edit: a system which the British and the British economy were at the very heart of from its inception.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 12:21]

And were the first to stop slavery, and make sure no-one else did it. Only the left could take an invasion of a sovereign country by another...and blame Britain for it🙄
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 23:49 - Mar 11 with 1518 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Meanwhile, English football should take morality lessons from a manager who is happy to work for owners who wanted their club to abandon English football?

Free rinses for everyone this week.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 23:53 - Mar 11 with 1513 viewsDamo1962

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 15:23 - Mar 11 by denhamhoop2

I would have a quick look at the Egyptian Greek and Roman Empires and realise a form of capitalism based on the some form of subjugation has been around for a bit longer than 300 years. Most of Arabic Trading routes included/s Slave Trading just the time it took travelling that stopped most of the those involved from spreading it worldwide.
Fairly certain similiar practices saw Homo Sapien treat Neanderthal pretty shabbily who also had done the same to Cro Magnon man. It's nature sadly

Britain was the first nation to abolish slavery - which is always over-looked. Someone had to do it...and I'm proud it was us. We also stopped other nations from continuing the file practice.
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 23:58 - Mar 11 with 1497 viewsDamo1962

Yes you should Clive...I know I am 😂
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 23:59 - Mar 11 with 1495 viewsDamo1962

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 22:11 - Mar 11 by DannyPaddox

😂🤣😭
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 00:15 - Mar 12 with 1458 viewsqpr85

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 17:19 - Mar 11 by TheChef

Any time you need a useful idiot to wind up the populace, just roll out Farage.

Can't believe people fall for this clown act every time.

I'm really struggling to see what he's said wrong here.

Not sure if he supports scumbags or not but what he's saying is all true. How are the sanctions against the oligarchs going to do anything but get them rallying around Putin?

The sanctions on the ordinary people who tried to show straight away they are against he war. Yes we have major companies leaving or shutting down their businesses in Russia. This will hurt the working class Russians who may potentially see this as a us and them so this may also get behind Putin.

This doesn't make a person who have these views a Putin lover or sympathisers it means they can see something else happening.

Do I laugh at Chelseas plight absolutely, but honestly on for a few moments. I then think of all the working class people who work for the club may he feeling.
They are helpless in this matter they are potentially losing their jobs over something that could be avoided.

As long as we were able to control cash flow from the sale and see its going to the right people why can't the shithole be sold.

Personally I would prefer they be sold to the fans and watch them fall down the leagues rather than be bankrupt and disappear forever.
Who will we hate then?? Fulham or Brentford that's a very poor future if you ask me
The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 00:25 - Mar 12 with 1450 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 23:53 - Mar 11 by Damo1962

Britain was the first nation to abolish slavery - which is always over-looked. Someone had to do it...and I'm proud it was us. We also stopped other nations from continuing the file practice.

It would mean more had Britain not been one of the worst Slavery Nations before it abolished it, and Britain wasn't the first, but, yes, it was one of the huge moments in modern history.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The Russian Bloke at North Battersea on 01:02 - Mar 12 with 2652 viewsCiderwithRsie

Six hours on and I'm still chuckling.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024