Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FC Augsburg travel 05:31 - Aug 1 with 2653 viewskysersosaqpr

Once at Munich airport what is the best way to get to Augsburg; how long does it take; and what's the nearest decent hotel?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

FC Augsburg travel on 07:52 - Aug 1 with 2623 viewsToast_R

A train from Munich is about 40 euro's from the main station. I understand it's about 40 minutes each way.

I'm staying in Munich Friday and Saturday night and just going to Augsburg for the day on Saturday and getting a late train back to Munich that evening. Lots of hotels in Munich reasonably priced with breakfast included. I'm paying about 60 euros for two nights.
FC Augsburg travel on 09:54 - Aug 1 with 2567 viewsPlumsteadQPR

Yep - train to Augsburg Sat morning then back to Munich for the evening.

What would be handy is if someone who knew Augsburg could nominate a bar for us all to congregate in beforehand. I'm in Dresden at the moment - a long way from Augsburg but I'll ask around!
FC Augsburg travel on 10:27 - Aug 1 with 2532 viewsQPR1882

FC Augsburg travel on 07:52 - Aug 1 by Toast_R

A train from Munich is about 40 euro's from the main station. I understand it's about 40 minutes each way.

I'm staying in Munich Friday and Saturday night and just going to Augsburg for the day on Saturday and getting a late train back to Munich that evening. Lots of hotels in Munich reasonably priced with breakfast included. I'm paying about 60 euros for two nights.

Also staying in Munich Fri and Sat ( Holiday inn city centre ). Booked a train on line yesterday from Munich to Augsburg ( 12.04 out of munich ) cost 8 euro.
FC Augsburg travel on 11:02 - Aug 1 with 2512 viewsbob566

you need to get down to the hauptbahnhof (main train station) and get an S3 to Augsburg. Should be cheap as cheaps.

The hauptbahnhof is also the sleazy part of town.

If you want to drink either walk up to the englisher gartens and have a few beers in the chinese tower or the seehause. If you're in the latter get a halve Hunher (half chicken) they're immense. That's your mornings and afternoons sorted.

The touristy place to drink is the Hoffbrau Hause which is good crack. Get a few steins into you and kick back and relax with the ompha music been blown out by the local house band.

This is the url for the german train network http://www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml

FC Augsburg travel on 14:20 - Aug 1 with 2447 viewswealdstoners

FC Augsburg travel on 11:02 - Aug 1 by bob566

you need to get down to the hauptbahnhof (main train station) and get an S3 to Augsburg. Should be cheap as cheaps.

The hauptbahnhof is also the sleazy part of town.

If you want to drink either walk up to the englisher gartens and have a few beers in the chinese tower or the seehause. If you're in the latter get a halve Hunher (half chicken) they're immense. That's your mornings and afternoons sorted.

The touristy place to drink is the Hoffbrau Hause which is good crack. Get a few steins into you and kick back and relax with the ompha music been blown out by the local house band.

This is the url for the german train network http://www.bahn.de/i/view/GBR/en/index.shtml

Any1 know what day the augsburg game is on as their site have it down as friday at 16:00
FC Augsburg travel on 14:34 - Aug 1 with 2418 viewsQPR1882

FC Augsburg travel on 14:20 - Aug 1 by wealdstoners

Any1 know what day the augsburg game is on as their site have it down as friday at 16:00

FCAugsburg Der #FCA tritt zur Generalprobe vor der Saison gegen den Premier-League-Club Queens Park Rangers in der SGL arena (Samstag, 11. August) an.

says the game is on Saturday on their web page,just does not give a ko time
FC Augsburg travel on 14:56 - Aug 1 with 2398 viewswealdstoners

FC Augsburg travel on 14:34 - Aug 1 by QPR1882

FCAugsburg Der #FCA tritt zur Generalprobe vor der Saison gegen den Premier-League-Club Queens Park Rangers in der SGL arena (Samstag, 11. August) an.

Cheers mate it was the soccerway site i was looking at
FC Augsburg travel on 21:56 - Aug 1 with 2320 viewsSonofNorfolt

If you book the trains in advance they are a lot cheaper. The ICE trains, although quicker are a lot more expensive.
Login to get fewer ads

FC Augsburg travel on 22:05 - Aug 1 with 2307 viewsPlumsteadQPR

FC Augsburg travel on 14:34 - Aug 1 by QPR1882

Pretty sure the Augsburg site said 15:30 KO a week or two back.
FC Augsburg travel on 22:12 - Aug 1 with 2291 viewsQPR1882

FC Augsburg travel on 22:05 - Aug 1 by PlumsteadQPR

Pretty sure the Augsburg site said 15:30 KO a week or two back.

Details are up on their site now.It's classed as a family day with their 18000 ST holders being allowed in for nowt.

There is a game that kicks off at 14.00 and the our game kicks off at 16.00.

Family Day at Queens Park game
27/07/12

As a dress rehearsal before the first competitive match on Friday 17 August (20.00 clock) in the DFB Cup with SV Wilhelmshaven enters the team coached by Mark Weinzierl on Saturday 11 August, against the English Premier League club Queens Park Rangers. Around this part of the FC Augsburg organized a "FCA Family Day" in the DL arena.

The kick of the match against the English has been published at 16.00 clock, as well as the U23 FC Augsburg on this day in the regional Bayern in a home game against SV Rosenaustadion Seligenporten (14.00 clock) is discharged. As part of a family gathering will give the team a complete FCA-signing session. In addition, we will inform you about the other program in the near future separately.

All season ticket holders (over 18,000) are welcome at this family day. With the current season ticket and admission is free. Also have parking tickets every year on this day validity. Who has not a permanent card, which can from Monday 30 July (9.30 clock) to purchase individual tickets. There are the following prices for day tickets for this game attractive test:

Cat 1: € 20, -
Category 2: 15, - €
Kat reduced 2 € 12, -
Category 3: 12, - €
Family Block Adults: € 15, -
reduced family block 12, - €
family block child under 14: 4, - €
Admission: € 7, -
general admission reduced 6, - €
wheelchair: 7, - € (few remaining seats)
Disabled people with coding B: 7, - € (a few places left)

http://www.lms-ticket.de/fcaugsburg/ajax.aspx?sub=Veranstaltungen&id=5df6900f-59
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
FC Augsburg travel on 23:25 - Aug 1 with 2264 viewsw13rob

FC Augsburg travel on 22:12 - Aug 1 by QPR1882

Details are up on their site now.It's classed as a family day with their 18000 ST holders being allowed in for nowt.

There is a game that kicks off at 14.00 and the our game kicks off at 16.00.

Family Day at Queens Park game
27/07/12

As a dress rehearsal before the first competitive match on Friday 17 August (20.00 clock) in the DFB Cup with SV Wilhelmshaven enters the team coached by Mark Weinzierl on Saturday 11 August, against the English Premier League club Queens Park Rangers. Around this part of the FC Augsburg organized a "FCA Family Day" in the DL arena.

The kick of the match against the English has been published at 16.00 clock, as well as the U23 FC Augsburg on this day in the regional Bayern in a home game against SV Rosenaustadion Seligenporten (14.00 clock) is discharged. As part of a family gathering will give the team a complete FCA-signing session. In addition, we will inform you about the other program in the near future separately.

All season ticket holders (over 18,000) are welcome at this family day. With the current season ticket and admission is free. Also have parking tickets every year on this day validity. Who has not a permanent card, which can from Monday 30 July (9.30 clock) to purchase individual tickets. There are the following prices for day tickets for this game attractive test:

Cat 1: € 20, -
Category 2: 15, - €
Kat reduced 2 € 12, -
Category 3: 12, - €
Family Block Adults: € 15, -
reduced family block 12, - €
family block child under 14: 4, - €
Admission: € 7, -
general admission reduced 6, - €
wheelchair: 7, - € (few remaining seats)
Disabled people with coding B: 7, - € (a few places left)

http://www.lms-ticket.de/fcaugsburg/ajax.aspx?sub=Veranstaltungen&id=5df6900f-59
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

On the 7 am from Gatwick to Munich on the Saturday morning and plans is to head straight to Augsburg via Munich HBF. There seems to be a 'Bayern/Bavaria Ticket' available on which up to 5 can travel on the same ticket for 29 Euro across Bavaria. Anyone know if this works for that journey and if it can just be bought on the day at the airport?
FC Augsburg travel on 23:33 - Aug 1 with 2257 viewsSonofNorfolt

I think you have to book in advance, I did.
We're flying from Heathrow at a similar time, but have plenty of time to check in at our hotel in Munich and get the 12.04 to Augsburg which was the first train you could get at cheap price.
Our ticket for 5 was 38 Euros.
FC Augsburg travel on 00:05 - Aug 2 with 2245 viewsw13rob

Cheers Mel.
Ticking the 'local transport' box on the Deutsche Bahn journey planner seems to be the way to get it to offer up the cheaper, more flexible ticket. Even these are still only 40-45 mins from Munich.
Prost.
FC Augsburg travel on 13:22 - Aug 2 with 2168 viewswestberksr

FC Augsburg travel on 23:33 - Aug 1 by SonofNorfolt

I think you have to book in advance, I did.
We're flying from Heathrow at a similar time, but have plenty of time to check in at our hotel in Munich and get the 12.04 to Augsburg which was the first train you could get at cheap price.
Our ticket for 5 was 38 Euros.

Mel

just looking at flights; you going BA or Luftwaffe. was thinking of the 7.30 with he Germans, what time you lot going? I'm hopeless in non English areas and am not fit to travel alone; as likely to end up in Peru as Munich
FC Augsburg travel on 13:33 - Aug 2 with 2156 viewsSonofNorfolt

First Lufthansa flight out in the morning, last one back Sunday night. Pricey now though. Staying in Holiday Inn City Centre.
On the 12.04 DB train to Augsburg, coming back on the 19.06, much cheaper if you book in advance.
About 20 or so of us lot, not sure how many going overall, 100/200?
FC Augsburg travel on 13:35 - Aug 2 with 2150 viewsCharlie1

Would've been perfect for my stag doo!

2:59 baby!

FC Augsburg travel on 20:44 - Aug 2 with 2102 viewswestberksr

+2

staying in some shithole near the station as the Holiday Inn gone through the roof pricewise.

see you all at Heathrow (6.45am wtf!)
FC Augsburg travel on 06:54 - Aug 3 with 2064 viewsNorthLondonR

I got a good deal via Ryanair yesterday which basically means I'm flying to Northern Spain and then have to continue my journey on elephant back across the Pyrenees and pay 30 euros for the privilege! Seriously flys to Munich Meminghen which is basically as Munich as Aberdeen is London, but transport is good. If you want a decent deal on hotels give trivago a whirl - some good deals on there.

Anyone know about ticket details yet? #qpr first and fastest and all that?
FC Augsburg travel on 07:22 - Aug 3 with 2051 viewswestberksr

popping into box office today and will ask about tickets
FC Augsburg travel on 10:50 - Aug 3 with 1997 viewsw12boy

I have made contact with Alexander Titze in the FC Augsburg ticket office and he has told me tickets will be on sale on the day at the stadium and sections V and Y will be allocated to QPR fans.
FC Augsburg travel on 15:24 - Aug 3 with 1964 viewsSonofNorfolt

As I had mentioned before!
FC Augsburg travel on 17:16 - Aug 3 with 1933 viewsPlumsteadQPR

At a wild guess having looked at the stadium plan: €12 to stand in Y, €15 to sit in V?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024