Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stoke City fans forum 15:34 - Feb 13 with 8521 viewsDoudou87

Just had a little nosey to see the general mood/expectations ahead of Wednesdays trip. Its like reading our threads at the tail end of GA's reign. Tired and negative comments, sounds as if things don't go their way early doors they could turn on their own players, a lot seem to be relying heavily on the atmosphere to influence the result. A bright start from the R's and I believe we can come away with an empathic win! Come on you RRRRRRR's!

Poll: Preferred rumoured CB

Stoke City fans forum on 15:07 - Feb 14 with 872 viewsTK1

Stoke City fans forum on 10:11 - Feb 14 by Antti_Heinola

We've actually played a lot of the better teams away already, but we still have to go to Hull, and Leicester as you say, and I keep looking at our last two games of the season. A rampant Leeds at home, and Cov away, who always get better as the season progresses and our record at that horrible place is not great. I'd be surprised if we get anything out of those two games, which means we only really have 13 games. Obviously, we can't and shouldn't, Redknapp-style, write them off, but they are extraordinarily tough. For some reason, I think we'll get a point at Leicester, mind, but tonight terrifies me. I'd accepted relegation, but every time you think you're out, they pull you back in.

On the other hand, Leeds may well already be promoted by then and therefore semi-clocked off. And if they're not, they're going to be in the play-offs where they could be joined by Coventry. If so, there's good chance they could both be distracted by that prospect.

It's a long way off. Worry about the last two games in ten games time, I reckon - though if Leeds are fighting for second place and Cov still trying to stay in the play-offs it'll be as bad for us as you suggest. Hopefully we can get the half dozen wins first.
Stoke City fans forum on 16:13 - Feb 14 with 717 viewsHastings_Hoops

Stoke City fans forum on 19:44 - Feb 13 by nix

Yeah. It’s weird that. I also always think we are on the short side as a team compared to other Championship sides, some of which seem massive. And it’s seemed like that for years despite different managers, players recruiting staff etc. Weird.

Plus our tendency to be rubbish at throw ins and a bit ponderous at getting the ball forward. All have seemed persistent traits to me. But it could just be my perception.

Not sure this is the case anymore with the new additions… 3/4 well over 6 foot?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024