Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cricket world cup (non QPR) 09:24 - Oct 5 with 23340 viewsGaryBannister86

Can't believe it's 4 years since one of the best sporting days of my life....

Would be great to win it in India, tough ask I feel.

Sad to see such a small crowd for the opener. I know the ground holds 132,000 but that is pathetic. India cricket fans can be so one-eyed sometimes. Why not turn up to see some great players on show?
[Post edited 5 Oct 2023 9:24]
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:14 - Oct 29 with 2041 viewsR_from_afar

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 13:47 - Oct 29 by LimehouseR

Stokes bowled in a horrible clatter of stumps. I know it is only 3 down but that is game over if you ask me.

It was as if Stokes momentarily forgot that:
A: It was a 50, not 20, over game
B: They were chasing a modest total.

It will be tough to win from here.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:21 - Oct 29 with 2017 viewsytt28

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 13:40 - Oct 29 by GaryBannister86

Of course Morgan is not always right, but he is inspirational, innovative and a far better thinker on the game than anyone else we have.

We're not going to chase these down, are we? Shame would be nice to upstage the insufferable India.

Why do you think they are insufferable?
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:26 - Oct 29 with 2009 viewsGaryBannister86

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:21 - Oct 29 by ytt28

Why do you think they are insufferable?

Possibly harsh and I like Sharma and quite a few of them. Maybe it is that Kholi face thing of the other poster!

Buttler gone, time to give up.
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:34 - Oct 29 with 1975 viewsytt28

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:26 - Oct 29 by GaryBannister86

Possibly harsh and I like Sharma and quite a few of them. Maybe it is that Kholi face thing of the other poster!

Buttler gone, time to give up.

Long way to go, England just need to keep it steady and not lose wickets, required run rate is around 5 runs per over.
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:44 - Oct 29 with 1950 viewsGaryBannister86

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:34 - Oct 29 by ytt28

Long way to go, England just need to keep it steady and not lose wickets, required run rate is around 5 runs per over.

Yeah, but the bowlers are too good and the wicket too dodgy to just poke around and hope to get there eventually. That is how we used to do it pre-Morgan. And it never, ever, ever worked.

Our only hope is for Livingston and Mo to take it on. I will eat my proverbial hat if we just go at 5 an over and get there with an over to go.
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 15:16 - Oct 29 with 1912 viewsted_hendrix

*Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way*

shamelessly stolen from Pink Floyd's ''Time'' lyrics.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 15:30 - Oct 29 with 1892 viewsLimehouseR

Well, we've made it to 100 at least. Pathetic.
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 15:55 - Oct 29 with 1859 viewsted_hendrix

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 12:33 - Oct 29 by ted_hendrix

Interesting total for England to chase, 230.

When I say interesting total I meant getable not out of reach but getable, a chance to beat the lets' be honest almost unbeatable Indian team on their own patch.

Login to get fewer ads

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 16:30 - Oct 29 with 1806 viewsManinBlack

For all the talent we have in the team it is a shock that after 6 games we are bottom below Netherlands, Bangladesh and Afghanistan. Our team is better than half of the teams at least in the tournament so I am puzzled by their performances.
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 11:25 - Nov 3 with 1618 viewsR_from_afar

Things are hotting up, if Afghanistan win today - they are well placed against the Netherlands as we speak - they will be level on points with the Aussies and the Kiwis, although Australia have played one game fewer.

Great run out here by Afghanistan:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/cricket/66858952?ns_mchannel=social&ns_sour

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 11:29 - Nov 3 with 1608 viewsSydneyRs

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 11:25 - Nov 3 by R_from_afar

Things are hotting up, if Afghanistan win today - they are well placed against the Netherlands as we speak - they will be level on points with the Aussies and the Kiwis, although Australia have played one game fewer.

We may have been rubbish, but helping knock the Aussies out would be most satisfying. India to win it I think.
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 11:29 - Nov 3 with 1606 viewsGaryBannister86

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 11:25 - Nov 3 by R_from_afar

Would be hilarious for the Afghans to knock out Australia. But that requires (at least) for us to beat Oz and that seems far-fetched at the moment.

I think the biggest worry is how we finish 8th or whatever it is to qualify for the Champions Trophy.

Will be interesting to see the ICC's reaction if we don't. To have a major tournament without one of the big 3 - imagine if it was India - bet there would be some invention of a rule or playoff to make sure they got there. Not so sure with England, who, for all the money, everyone in cricket hates.
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:09 - Nov 3 with 1511 viewsMalintabuk

Think Mott may get a dose of the Trotts very soon
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:41 - Nov 3 with 1490 viewsTheChef

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 11:29 - Nov 3 by GaryBannister86

Would be hilarious for the Afghans to knock out Australia. But that requires (at least) for us to beat Oz and that seems far-fetched at the moment.

I think the biggest worry is how we finish 8th or whatever it is to qualify for the Champions Trophy.

Will be interesting to see the ICC's reaction if we don't. To have a major tournament without one of the big 3 - imagine if it was India - bet there would be some invention of a rule or playoff to make sure they got there. Not so sure with England, who, for all the money, everyone in cricket hates.

Currently we couldn't even knock ourselves out.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 13:01 - Nov 4 with 1384 viewsNov77

0-1 after 1 ball. Of course.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 13:30 - Nov 4 with 1357 viewsted_hendrix

Root gone now, nothing to see here just the usual capitulation, they should be ashamed of themselves.................

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 13:54 - Nov 4 with 1296 viewsCamberleyR

This has got to be the worst defence of any world title ever.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:15 - Nov 4 with 1266 viewsSuperhoops2808

Complete farce

How can a team go from winners to so bad.

And please tell me why we are keeping Stokes there? Send him for his op. He will never be ready for the Indian tour
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:31 - Nov 4 with 1245 viewsdenhamhoop2

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 11:29 - Nov 3 by GaryBannister86

May have something to do with Colonial rule and how Englishmen generally conduct themselves abroad
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 14:55 - Nov 4 with 1213 viewsNov77

Buttler with another brainfart.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 16:46 - Nov 4 with 1179 viewsNov77

A gallant effort but once again root, buttler and bairstow haven’t turned up.

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 17:09 - Nov 4 with 1138 viewsted_hendrix

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 16:46 - Nov 4 by Nov77

A gallant effort but once again root, buttler and bairstow haven’t turned up.

Five losses and bowled out each time???

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 21:54 - Nov 6 with 931 viewsR_from_afar

There was a tempestuous match between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh today, including a major flash point when Bangladesh made an appeal for a timed out dismissal and it was given. It was the first time that has happened in international cricket.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/67333235
[Post edited 7 Nov 2023 8:10]

Cricket world cup (non QPR) (n/t) on 22:39 - Nov 6 with 863 viewsSydneyRs

[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 22:40]
Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 22:41 - Nov 6 with 857 viewsSydneyRs

Cricket world cup (non QPR) on 13:54 - Nov 4 by CamberleyR

This has got to be the worst defence of any world title ever.

France at the 2002 world cup say hello. Out in the groups without scoring a goal.

Spain in 2014 not much better but at least did win one game. Germany similar in 2018.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024