Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anti-Northern songs 14:34 - Aug 22 with 11875 viewsScouse_R

Being a Scouse-R with a season ticket in Ellerslie Road (thanks to my 15 year-old son, who has been taking me to LR for the last 9 seasons), I have always felt a tad uncomfortable when the anti-Northerm songs come out against teams like Barnsley. I already feel like a bit of an alien at Rangers (my son has a 'southern' accent, so he's ok) so the anti-Northern songs can really make me wince. I usually shuffle around awkwardly when they come out.
Anyway, I got so carried away in the second half yesterday that I actually joined in and became an honorary Londoner!
Anti-Northern songs on 14:39 - Aug 23 with 1573 viewsScouse_R

Anti-Northern songs on 13:47 - Aug 23 by Bacon

I was born and bred on the White City, have sung and enjoyed those songs when I was younger, but now live north of Newcastle, and when they are sung see them as Harmless banter........ or at least I used to.

I went to both the Hull and Boro away games with my son (8 years olds), and he had to endure "Dirty Northern Ba****ds", which he thought was aimed at him and has since informed me he is not sure he wants to go to games anymore.

He got given a shirt at the Boro game by Yohann, which the club have agreed to sign and his over riding memory of the night is still that song.

So people most certainly do get upset.

Sorry to hear that. As people move around a lot these days, often living away from their place of birth, you are always going to get young kids following their parents and supporting the R's even though they are from elsewhere. I actually did it the other way around and followed my son, because I couldn't be arsed with Liverpool, but, even so, I'm 51 so a few anti-Northern songs bounce off me and, as I said, I even joined in on Saturday as I got carried away. Kids are far more sensitive though. Having followed the R's for 9 seasons with my son, I have found R's fans to be pretty sound and the best I have ever been amongst - so I would never take offence at these things. One thing though: there was a young lad behind me on Saturday, about 8 or 9 years old, and he was belting out the anti-Northern stuff with real feeling! His arm kept coming over my shoulder as he pointed out the dirty northern bastards in the School end, one by one :-)
Anti-Northern songs on 14:48 - Aug 23 with 1534 viewsRangersw12

Anti-Northern songs on 13:47 - Aug 23 by Bacon

I was born and bred on the White City, have sung and enjoyed those songs when I was younger, but now live north of Newcastle, and when they are sung see them as Harmless banter........ or at least I used to.

I went to both the Hull and Boro away games with my son (8 years olds), and he had to endure "Dirty Northern Ba****ds", which he thought was aimed at him and has since informed me he is not sure he wants to go to games anymore.

He got given a shirt at the Boro game by Yohann, which the club have agreed to sign and his over riding memory of the night is still that song.

So people most certainly do get upset.

Surely you just explain to him that it wasn't aimed at him!?
Anti-Northern songs on 15:27 - Aug 23 with 1492 viewsMatch82

Anti-Northern songs on 08:11 - Aug 23 by Metallica_Hoop

The worse one is the 'your mum's your dad, your dad's your mum' I've never liked that, although today some may say it was a pioneering non-binary gender ditty.

Nothing will ever rival the Scott Donnelly one for me. Young lad, showing potential coming through, probably always dreamed of the crowd chanting his name.

And what did we sing?
"We've got Scott Donnelly, you f*ck your family"
That was an embarrassment.
Anti-Northern songs on 15:33 - Aug 23 with 1483 viewsdezzar

Anti-Northern songs on 12:21 - Aug 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

I think Football Fans are moving in the right direction. I've not heard any kind of racist remarks for decades, except a dodgy one about J Sung Park when he played us in the league cup at OT and one very much close to the bone at Luton. Very isolated incidents though.

On that Liverpool game It should be noted that there was very little to be positive or supportive of during that period of time!

I'm really enjoying the JoJo and Dickie chants at the moment. It was even nice to hear the brief 'We're Top of the League' on Saturday before Barnsley ruined it.

All positive stuff.

Piss taking is fine. As most of us are skint and a lot of us are on Universal Credit abuse about signing on and eating out of dustbins is shitting on our own really. Tuppence ha'penny looking down on tuppence if you like, especially as the country is being rinsed by chancers to the tune of £billions. That I would love to hear a chant about!
[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 15:43]

Sorry down arrowed in error , totaly agree with your post
Anti-Northern songs on 15:42 - Aug 23 with 1470 viewskensalriser

Anti-Northern songs on 08:11 - Aug 23 by Metallica_Hoop

The worse one is the 'your mum's your dad, your dad's your mum' I've never liked that, although today some may say it was a pioneering non-binary gender ditty.

And as the word 'interbred' is used instead of 'inbred' its meaning is the opposite of the intended one.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Anti-Northern songs on 15:43 - Aug 23 with 1468 viewskensalriser

Anti-Northern songs on 13:22 - Aug 23 by Rangersw12

Majority of football fans despise Liverpool for obvious reasons so it's no surprise they get alot chants directed at them

This one's passed me by, what are the obvious reasons?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Anti-Northern songs on 18:08 - Aug 23 with 1382 viewsdistortR

Anti-Northern songs on 13:33 - Aug 23 by Northernr

If people just got to know me off the internet they'd realise I'm alright.

So why the on-line persona?

Anti-Northern songs on 18:20 - Aug 23 with 1353 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anti-Northern songs on 18:08 - Aug 23 by distortR

So why the on-line persona?

Have you had a chance of watching the new IOM side yet?
Login to get fewer ads

Anti-Northern songs on 18:23 - Aug 23 with 1345 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anti-Northern songs on 15:42 - Aug 23 by kensalriser

And as the word 'interbred' is used instead of 'inbred' its meaning is the opposite of the intended one.

I thought it meant they were really into rolls and baguettes and that.
Anti-Northern songs (n/t) on 18:24 - Aug 23 with 1349 viewsPinnerPaul

Anti-Northern songs on 18:04 - Aug 22 by davman

Loving your staunch loyalty, Paul, but bloody hell; if you choose your "kin" over QPR, there must be something majorly wrong with you. It is common knowledge that every single official is a petty incompetent and they clearly deserve none of our support. To my mind both of those chants were absolutely justified yesterday (and actually for most games).

Are you really trying to defend Ward yesterday? He was abysmal.

[Post edited 23 Aug 2021 18:52]
Anti-Northern songs on 18:36 - Aug 23 with 1324 viewsNortholt_Rs

Anti-Northern songs on 15:43 - Aug 23 by kensalriser

This one's passed me by, what are the obvious reasons?

Because they are norfern kunts obv…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Anti-Northern songs on 19:00 - Aug 23 with 1293 viewsDiggertheMole

Anti-Northern songs on 22:16 - Aug 22 by dezzar

Yes sign on and we pay your benefits , so funny , can just imagine michael gove gtting a semi and cracking one off while sharing the joke with boris and jackob, under his coat in the loft .

AppArently the slithy Gove has renounced QPR for his true love - Chelski - must have lined up a job with Abramovitch after he is kicked out of politics.
Anti-Northern songs on 20:06 - Aug 23 with 1234 viewsdezzar

Anti-Northern songs on 19:00 - Aug 23 by DiggertheMole

AppArently the slithy Gove has renounced QPR for his true love - Chelski - must have lined up a job with Abramovitch after he is kicked out of politics.

IM so flippin glad hes done that , hate that man
Anti-Northern songs on 20:34 - Aug 23 with 1192 viewsjoe90

Anti-Northern songs on 13:22 - Aug 23 by Rangersw12

Majority of football fans despise Liverpool for obvious reasons so it's no surprise they get alot chants directed at them

Yeah, I really don't like Liverpool FC and it's not because I don't like Liverpool the city, it's just that club seems to embody all the negative stereotypes. Something about their fans as well, I find them insufferable. Much prefer Everton and even like Tranmere Rovers because of Half Man Half Biscuit.
Anti-Northern songs on 20:53 - Aug 23 with 1163 viewsdezzar

Friday night and the gates are low
Anti-Northern songs on 21:18 - Aug 23 with 1140 viewsdistortR

Anti-Northern songs on 18:20 - Aug 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Have you had a chance of watching the new IOM side yet?

no, because of covid restrictions all their games have been away so far - w1, d3, l0.

Though what your question has to do with northern bastards I have no idea!
Anti-Northern songs on 21:25 - Aug 23 with 1128 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anti-Northern songs on 21:18 - Aug 23 by distortR

no, because of covid restrictions all their games have been away so far - w1, d3, l0.

I had a snide comment ready to go but you seem to have foiled it.
Anti-Northern songs on 21:31 - Aug 23 with 1116 viewsdistortR

Anti-Northern songs on 21:25 - Aug 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

I had a snide comment ready to go but you seem to have foiled it.

well, we go down north over here, just to confuse everybody.
Anti-Northern songs on 22:05 - Aug 23 with 1079 viewsMick_S

Oxford are northerners tomorrow. You’re not rowing anymore, you’re not rowing anymore.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Anti-Northern songs on 22:27 - Aug 23 with 1060 viewsCiderwithRsie

Anti-Northern songs on 21:18 - Aug 23 by distortR

Coincidentally someone I know on a non-football site went to see the Maine Road fixture (away draw, think it was the first fixture) and was quite impressed.
Anti-Northern songs on 22:29 - Aug 23 with 1056 viewsCiderwithRsie

Of course, if it comes to winding people up, the Isle of Man is in itself a massive wind-up for John Donne.

"No man is an island....."
"Err, John, I was just looking at the atlas...."
Anti-Northern songs on 22:32 - Aug 23 with 1050 viewsStanmiguel

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you're in for a big surprise.
Anti-Northern songs on 08:03 - Aug 24 with 905 viewsdistortR

Anti-Northern songs on 22:27 - Aug 23 by CiderwithRsie

Coincidentally someone I know on a non-football site went to see the Maine Road fixture (away draw, think it was the first fixture) and was quite impressed.

yeah, they are expected to do quite well, unfortunate that the iom gov is keeping up it's insistence that only double vaccinated people can come over without isolating - covid is rife over here anyway. We even made it onto the American red list!
A run of away games is hard for the players, in terms of jobs and family life.
Anti-Northern songs on 08:22 - Aug 24 with 891 viewsMrSheen

Anti-Northern songs on 22:05 - Aug 23 by Mick_S

Oxford are northerners tomorrow. You’re not rowing anymore, you’re not rowing anymore.

My old man said be an Oxford fan.
I said "I feel reasonably confident about the exam, but they could ask me anything in the interview."
Anti-Northern songs on 08:32 - Aug 24 with 885 viewsdistortR

'the bodleian, is full of books......
it's full of books, books, books and more books'..etc

followed by

'Same old boring Bodleian'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024