Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your top I was There Swans Moments 22:38 - Apr 3 with 7926 viewsTNT

Obvious and obtuse...

Preston
Rochdale
Hull
Torquay
Wembley x3
Bury
Gillingham
Brighton (first away game in Div One)
Brighton promotion

Vetch, when old wooden crutch was chucked on pitch by fan for away player simulating injury

[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 22:50]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 19:35 - Apr 7 with 1616 viewsgrabsplatter

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 22:42 - Apr 5 by Pegojack

Besides all the obvious games - Preston, the Hull match, play off final, league cup final - one that sticks in my memory amongst many is winning in a midweek game away at Bristol Rovers on 18/03/2008. I know because I just looked it up!
The League One championship winning campaign. It was a bubble trip and we had to meet the coach at the services on the M4 by Llanwern, living in Hereford at the time. The bluddy coach driver couldn't find the ground, got lost in Bristol and a Jack had to come from the back of the coach to guide him in. Only just got there as they were kicking off. Green and black striped shirts. After coming away fruitless on so many previous visits, it was fab to play them off the pitch and whip their arses with goals from Brandy and Scotland (?). The away end, that tented pavilion thing, was rocking!
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 22:43]

After so many rubbish trips to Brizzle without seeing us win I really enjoyed that one.
Wasn't it a rearranged game because the original Saturday game was postponed?
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 20:03 - Apr 7 with 1582 viewsswancity

Liverpool 2 Swansea 2 1982
Swansea 1 Huddersfield 1 1994
Bury 0 Swansea 1 2005
Swansea 4 Reading 2 2011

Plus hundreds and hundreds of other great memories and one or two not so good ones 😀

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:04 - Apr 8 with 1527 viewskarnataka

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 15:10 - Apr 7 by sherpajacob

First match of the millennium

Peterborough away, 2-0 down at half time, won 3-2. Psycho Thomas at his Psychoest

I was at that one! Didn't Psycho come on as a sub and completely transform the game?

Just thought Iof another extraordinary game, a 3-2 win at WBA when we were 2-0 down inside 15 minutes and Steve Thornber came on with about 20 minutes to go and scored a hattrick. Anyone know when that one was?
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:23 - Apr 8 with 1515 views3swan

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:04 - Apr 8 by karnataka

I was at that one! Didn't Psycho come on as a sub and completely transform the game?

Just thought Iof another extraordinary game, a 3-2 win at WBA when we were 2-0 down inside 15 minutes and Steve Thornber came on with about 20 minutes to go and scored a hattrick. Anyone know when that one was?

I think it was the season before we played them in the play offs so 92
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:34 - Apr 8 with 1502 viewskarnataka

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:23 - Apr 8 by 3swan

I think it was the season before we played them in the play offs so 92

Cheers 3S. Thought it must have around that time as I hadn't long moved to Shropshire.

There are some Swans away games that stand out for the wrong reasons too. One of the most miserable was a 6-0 thrashing at an uncovered Stamford Bridge when it pissed down the entire game and I trudged away soaked through to my underwear. Kerry Dixon hattrick I think. Also a 5-0 thrashing at Fratton Park, all goals by Mark Hately and Alan Biley. Those weren't the days!

Elm Park Reading when it all kicked off and the Macclesfield Cup defeat protests. Glutton for punishment.

EDIT: the defeat at Chelsea was 6-1 not 6-0 and it was Paul Canoville who scored the hattrick not Dixon who just scored the first. That and the 5-0 Pompey defeat were both in the '83-'84 season. God we were sh1t that season and needless to say, we were relegated.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 13:09]
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:43 - Apr 8 with 1488 views3swan

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:34 - Apr 8 by karnataka

Cheers 3S. Thought it must have around that time as I hadn't long moved to Shropshire.

There are some Swans away games that stand out for the wrong reasons too. One of the most miserable was a 6-0 thrashing at an uncovered Stamford Bridge when it pissed down the entire game and I trudged away soaked through to my underwear. Kerry Dixon hattrick I think. Also a 5-0 thrashing at Fratton Park, all goals by Mark Hately and Alan Biley. Those weren't the days!

Elm Park Reading when it all kicked off and the Macclesfield Cup defeat protests. Glutton for punishment.

EDIT: the defeat at Chelsea was 6-1 not 6-0 and it was Paul Canoville who scored the hattrick not Dixon who just scored the first. That and the 5-0 Pompey defeat were both in the '83-'84 season. God we were sh1t that season and needless to say, we were relegated.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2020 13:09]

Glutton for punishment says it all about watching them those many years ago. Fairly certain it was at Kidderminster I met you briefly with Dai S.
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 12:57 - Apr 8 with 1399 viewskarnataka

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 15:10 - Apr 7 by sherpajacob

First match of the millennium

Peterborough away, 2-0 down at half time, won 3-2. Psycho Thomas at his Psychoest

Just remembered something at that Posh match in 2000 that I'd never seen before or since. I was sitting next to a guy called Jeremy Harding, ex old bill (wonder if anyone on here knows/knew him?) I'd met him about 12-15 years earlier via SEALS (South East & London Swans). Anyway, he had his fairly recently born son with him at the match and while we were chatting at half time, he casually laid his son across his lap and changed the lad's nappy!
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 13:29 - Apr 8 with 1373 viewssherpajacob

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 12:57 - Apr 8 by karnataka

Just remembered something at that Posh match in 2000 that I'd never seen before or since. I was sitting next to a guy called Jeremy Harding, ex old bill (wonder if anyone on here knows/knew him?) I'd met him about 12-15 years earlier via SEALS (South East & London Swans). Anyway, he had his fairly recently born son with him at the match and while we were chatting at half time, he casually laid his son across his lap and changed the lad's nappy!

The lad would be 20 years old now

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 14:08 - Apr 8 with 1366 viewskarnataka

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 13:29 - Apr 8 by sherpajacob

The lad would be 20 years old now

Indeed, might even be a PS poster!
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 15:39 - Apr 8 with 1347 viewsGreatBritton

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 21:31 - Apr 5 by builthjack

Valencia away. Unbelievable.

Fantastic evening. The polizia held us in while the (disgruntled but admiring) Valencia supporters filed out. I tried to pass myself off as a Spaniard in order to get out but the rozzers easily saw through my Level 1 Spanish. The chant "We wanna stay 'ere/We wanna stay 'ere/Swansea's a shithole/We wanna stay 'ere" was an absolute delight to us Swans and to the Spanish rozzers.
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 15:55 - Apr 8 with 1338 viewsLeonWasGod

Swansea 3-0 Cambridge

2nd April 2005

Not one anyone else has picked out I suspect. It was the Saturday after Easter, it was one of my earlier trips down to Swansea to see my now Mrs, my first time watching the Swans and one and only time at the Vetch. So holds a lot of memories.

It was a cracking day too.
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:27 - Apr 9 with 1225 viewsCaptain_Sham

Aside from those mentioned..

4-4 vs Stockport 77 , 4-0 down with 20 mins go.

Joe Allons goal vs Scum NYD 1988.

Two I wish I wasn't there moments...

Gillingham away 2006. 10 hrs on a train to sit in a rainstorm in a coat fashioned from clingfilm(as handed out by Gillingham) and watch us surrender meekly.

Reading 2000/1 - Frogmarched by Heddlu to ground from City center as some tvvat booted the window out of the double decker laid on for us, to find game half over , bar closed and us getting gubbed. Lost 5-1
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 7:30]

Its just a ride.

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 08:08 - Apr 9 with 1206 viewscentrestandswan

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 11:21 - Apr 5 by NotLoyal

That really was a low point. Went up from Haverfordwest on the train, can't remember his name but Kiddermisnter had a forward player that night who completely destroyed us. Was it Broughton ?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 11:22]

"A brilliant solo performance from on-loan Melligan was capped when he skipped past the flat footed Swans defence and slotted home past the exposed Roger Freestone.

The Wolves man had continually caused the home side problems with his deep running from midfield and earned the plaudits from victorious manager Ian Britton."

He always seemed to do us think he played for Cheltenham as well. The last game he played against us (can't remember which team he was playing for) he was absolute sh1t and we turned them over, revenge was sweet.
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 8:09]

Poll: Will we be relegated ?

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 18:15 - Apr 9 with 1134 viewsdeepdale81

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 00:06 - Apr 5 by TNT

Swans fan climbing out of the away end at Anfield to smash the ball into the Liverpool net.

The papers, next day, should've read 8-1, not 8-0!

And here it is

Spealbergs brother Ciro .
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 20:54 - Apr 9 with 1104 viewsPentyrchJack

My top 3:

Preston (Deepdale)

Bury (Gigg Lane)

Hull (Vetch)

One's that bring a tear to my eye for different reasons:

Preston and Rotherham RIP Terry

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 21:15 - Apr 9 with 1099 viewsFireboy2

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 18:15 - Apr 9 by deepdale81

And here it is

Spealbergs brother Ciro .

Aye I remember that one, what a great goal.
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 21:33 - Apr 9 with 1093 viewsThrasher6

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 15:55 - Apr 8 by LeonWasGod

Swansea 3-0 Cambridge

2nd April 2005

Not one anyone else has picked out I suspect. It was the Saturday after Easter, it was one of my earlier trips down to Swansea to see my now Mrs, my first time watching the Swans and one and only time at the Vetch. So holds a lot of memories.

It was a cracking day too.

Bizarrely it was my last match at the Vetch. I travelled over from Gibraltar...with my Gibraltarian lady in tow...to show her the delights of the hallowed turf and what made me tick. She was slightly bemused by it all. I knew it was going to be the last time I saw it, so it was a journey I had to make. It was a walk in the park as Camb Utd were utter garbage.

She still doesn't get it....but she's still with me...
[Post edited 9 Apr 2020 21:43]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024