Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your top I was There Swans Moments 22:38 - Apr 3 with 7932 viewsTNT

Obvious and obtuse...

Preston
Rochdale
Hull
Torquay
Wembley x3
Bury
Gillingham
Brighton (first away game in Div One)
Brighton promotion

Vetch, when old wooden crutch was chucked on pitch by fan for away player simulating injury

[Post edited 3 Apr 2020 22:50]

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 10:54 - Apr 5 with 1794 viewstheloneranger

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 09:02 - Apr 5 by WarwickHunt

I was in with Spurs fans. They were disbelieving but complimentary to be fair.

They didn’t like THAT back pass to the keeper from Tosh though!😂
Yellow top with a blue diagonal from memory - Barca’s away strip. Apt.👌

Tosh had that Barca shirt framed on the wall of his Vetch field office. If I remember correctly it was a Johan Cruyff shirt from the 1976 Uefa Cup semi-final match at Anfield.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 11:21 - Apr 5 with 1770 viewsNotLoyal

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 10:35 - Apr 5 by MrSwerve

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/2357107.stm

Swans 0 - 4 Kidderminster
29/10/02

This game always sticks out in my mind, strangely enough. Tuesday night game, absolutely hammering down, only about 2k fans there (from memory)...a very odd and depressing night.

That really was a low point. Went up from Haverfordwest on the train, can't remember his name but Kiddermisnter had a forward player that night who completely destroyed us. Was it Broughton ?
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 11:22]

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 11:25 - Apr 5 with 1764 viewsNotLoyal

Too young at the time but I watched swans v Man City a few days back. Stanley scored what looked to me a tap in 😂😂😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 11:31 - Apr 5 with 1746 viewssainthelens

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 11:25 - Apr 5 by NotLoyal

Too young at the time but I watched swans v Man City a few days back. Stanley scored what looked to me a tap in 😂😂😂

Ad a group of 15yr old lads, we waited at the players entrance post match. And I can honestly say that Gary Stanley's Mrs was the most stunning woman I've ever seen.
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 11:36 - Apr 5 with 1736 viewsladyjack

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 10:54 - Apr 5 by theloneranger

Tosh had that Barca shirt framed on the wall of his Vetch field office. If I remember correctly it was a Johan Cruyff shirt from the 1976 Uefa Cup semi-final match at Anfield.

Quite possibly as if I remember he scored the only goal of the game in the first leg at the Nou Camp.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 21:48]
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 14:53 - Apr 5 with 1685 views1983

Apart from all the obvious games it has to be

Valencia away sitting in the late summers Spanish sunshine with some of my oldest mates having a few beers and then watching Swansea City beat Valencia comfortably, I remember thinking to myself lap this up you won't see this again and I'm most probably right..

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 19:36 - Apr 5 with 1638 viewsKilkennyjack

Bury away
Reading @ Wembley
Swans 8 The Monkey Hangers 0

Beware of the Risen People

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 21:10 - Apr 5 with 1606 viewsWarwickHunt

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 08:33 - Apr 5 by BillyChong

Swans V Jamaica

My missus went to that game; I didn’t force her.
Login to get fewer ads

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 21:14 - Apr 5 with 1598 viewspencoedjack

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 14:53 - Apr 5 by 1983

Apart from all the obvious games it has to be

Valencia away sitting in the late summers Spanish sunshine with some of my oldest mates having a few beers and then watching Swansea City beat Valencia comfortably, I remember thinking to myself lap this up you won't see this again and I'm most probably right..

Couldn’t put it better myself.

My favourite experience watching the Swans
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 21:31 - Apr 5 with 1587 viewsbuilthjack

Valencia away. Unbelievable.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 22:42 - Apr 5 with 1554 viewsPegojack

Besides all the obvious games - Preston, the Hull match, play off final, league cup final - one that sticks in my memory amongst many is winning in a midweek game away at Bristol Rovers on 18/03/2008. I know because I just looked it up!
The League One championship winning campaign. It was a bubble trip and we had to meet the coach at the services on the M4 by Llanwern, living in Hereford at the time. The bluddy coach driver couldn't find the ground, got lost in Bristol and a Jack had to come from the back of the coach to guide him in. Only just got there as they were kicking off. Green and black striped shirts. After coming away fruitless on so many previous visits, it was fab to play them off the pitch and whip their arses with goals from Brandy and Scotland (?). The away end, that tented pavilion thing, was rocking!
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 22:43]
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 22:49 - Apr 5 with 1547 viewsmonmouth

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 22:42 - Apr 5 by Pegojack

Besides all the obvious games - Preston, the Hull match, play off final, league cup final - one that sticks in my memory amongst many is winning in a midweek game away at Bristol Rovers on 18/03/2008. I know because I just looked it up!
The League One championship winning campaign. It was a bubble trip and we had to meet the coach at the services on the M4 by Llanwern, living in Hereford at the time. The bluddy coach driver couldn't find the ground, got lost in Bristol and a Jack had to come from the back of the coach to guide him in. Only just got there as they were kicking off. Green and black striped shirts. After coming away fruitless on so many previous visits, it was fab to play them off the pitch and whip their arses with goals from Brandy and Scotland (?). The away end, that tented pavilion thing, was rocking!

Wasn’t that the one big Dennis scored in? I remember we needed two amazing Scotland goals to draw with them at home, but we slaughtered them over there.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 22:58 - Apr 5 with 1539 viewsPegojack

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 22:49 - Apr 5 by monmouth

Wasn’t that the one big Dennis scored in? I remember we needed two amazing Scotland goals to draw with them at home, but we slaughtered them over there.

You know what, Mon, I think you're right about Big Den scoring, it's coming back to me. A low drive, wasn't it?

EDIT: it was Dennis, and Scotland scored from the spot! Fabien Brandy didn't score, he got sent off five minutes from the end! The old brain cells are firing into life...if I remember well, Brandy got taken out by a criminal foul as he was tearing down the wing and he got sent off for retaliation.
[Post edited 5 Apr 2020 23:06]
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 21:32 - Apr 6 with 1436 viewsBillyChong

Freestones testimonial Swans V Chelsea. Top mercenary £50k + a week Winston Bogarde turned up for it. Must have been one of his few games for them.
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:48 - Apr 7 with 1385 viewskarnataka

2 strange games stick out for me. Away at Leatherhead in the Cup, maybe '75? And away at Woking in the Cup, ended something like 3-3 or 4-4 after 90 mins during Tosh era.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 9:41]
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:52 - Apr 7 with 1383 viewskarnataka

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 22:42 - Apr 5 by Pegojack

I was at that one Mike, sitting in the home stand! I remember Brandy scoring, think Dennis got the 2nd. Very strange feeling being in the home stand.

EDIT: Thanks to Pegojack for refreshing my memory about the scorers and about Brandy being sent off, not scoring
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 13:58]
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:56 - Apr 7 with 1376 viewsmonmouth

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:48 - Apr 7 by karnataka

2 strange games stick out for me. Away at Leatherhead in the Cup, maybe '75? And away at Woking in the Cup, ended something like 3-3 or 4-4 after 90 mins during Tosh era.
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 9:41]

Woking? Eggy James or somebody wasn't it?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 08:25 - Apr 7 with 1363 viewsSTID2017

Obvious

Preston 81
Hull when we survived going out of the league
The WBA home game 3=1 PL
Spurs Ardiles game 2-2

Less obvious
Tosh's first game v Watford
Hartlepool home, Reading and Torquay away 1978

Scunthorpe 3-1 win and 2-1 Halifax, Vetch 1978 . We did it for Harry.
Plymouth away, Chesterfield home 1979
Luton home 1981
Cardiff Welsh Cup 4-1 in the snow
4-4 draws against Bradford and Rotherham
Swans 5-0 Crewe. Nov 1977. Curtis hat trick in the last five minutes after a lot of the "crowd" (?) had gone !
[Post edited 7 Apr 2020 8:37]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 08:31 - Apr 7 with 1360 viewssainthelens

Way way too many to even think about making a shortlist.
But that 1st half show v West Brom , witnessing in my own humble opinion the greatest 45mins of football I've ever seen.
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 09:29 - Apr 7 with 1343 viewskarnataka

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 07:56 - Apr 7 by monmouth

Woking? Eggy James or somebody wasn't it?

Yes, Eggie James was in the Woking side. BTW, it was 3-3 after 90 minutes and we ended up winning 5-3 AET, an extraordinary game, December 1978. The Leatherhead away game was November '77 and was a 0-0, we won the replay.
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 10:54 - Apr 7 with 1313 viewsdna

Avoiding the obvious ones -

Portsmouth (a) in the FA Cup - great day out & result
Forest (h) in the Play-offs - Liberty was rocking
Stoke (a) Div1 - Gary Stanley winner to go top of the league
Arsenal (a) Div1 - Ray Kennedy goal

And perhaps an odd one

Oldham (a) - lost but you could see it was the start of something special
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 14:50 - Apr 7 with 1266 viewsJBT95

Top 3 for me would have to be -

1) Wembley play-off win
2) Arsenal away 0-2 Michu x2
3) Cardiff away when Emnes scored
Your top I was There Swans Moments on 15:08 - Apr 7 with 1256 viewssherpajacob

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 21:32 - Apr 6 by BillyChong

Freestones testimonial Swans V Chelsea. Top mercenary £50k + a week Winston Bogarde turned up for it. Must have been one of his few games for them.

Cyril gave him the run around.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 15:10 - Apr 7 with 1253 viewssherpajacob

First match of the millennium

Peterborough away, 2-0 down at half time, won 3-2. Psycho Thomas at his Psychoest

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 17:32 - Apr 7 with 1214 viewsNortbankboy

Your top I was There Swans Moments on 15:10 - Apr 7 by sherpajacob

First match of the millennium

Peterborough away, 2-0 down at half time, won 3-2. Psycho Thomas at his Psychoest

Derby away.I'd just been for jimmy,walking up the tunnel
And was a massive roar. I thought we had scored.
So I run up the tunnel to see Robbie savage rolling about on the floor
In front of us.
Gorka had accidentally kicked savage,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024