Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Match Thread 17:59 - Oct 2 with 16928 viewsBoston

Leek Eaters 1. Pie & Mash 2

Though I’d be happy with a point.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cardiff Match Thread on 21:47 - Oct 2 with 2331 viewsstevec

Feels like every shot goes straight into our net this season.

Poor defending but amazing how they all fly in.
Cardiff Match Thread on 21:48 - Oct 2 with 2314 viewsNorthLondonR

Cardiff Match Thread on 21:41 - Oct 2 by TacticalR

He doesn't seem to be on the same wavelength as the other players. I don't think he's even on the same wavelength as himself.

Fck em we destroyed them at times. I would say we need to instill confidence in ourselves and we will destroy teams. Cardiff were awful but we cant defend and it reflects. Our forwards can express themselves and destroy teams. I think we can do it. They were awful and who can say they played better?
Cardiff Match Thread on 21:51 - Oct 2 with 2260 viewsdannyblue

Chair, Manning, and especially Eze were good. Real footballers with moving and passing intelligence. Proper geometry. Ball gets it, but doesn't have the same quality. Bright has the physical attributes, but not on the same level of football intelligence at all, and final ball / shot never more than hopeful. Scowen, Hugill, Cameron all off the boil, and Kane declining alarmingly. Leistner's looked good in possession, but can't be said to have had a good game with the goals we conceded.
Cardiff Match Thread on 21:53 - Oct 2 with 2218 viewsVancouverHoop

Cardiff Match Thread on 21:44 - Oct 2 by daveB

The focus will be on our defending which was again poor but I think we need to be a lot better in the final third, the final ball and shooting was poor tonight, with a bit of composure and better decision making we could easily have won tonight

I think that's down to playing one up front. Hugill is a good hold up player, and excellent at making space for Wells, but neither is a lone gunman.
Cardiff Match Thread on 21:55 - Oct 2 with 2196 viewsdaveB

Cardiff Match Thread on 21:53 - Oct 2 by VancouverHoop

I think that's down to playing one up front. Hugill is a good hold up player, and excellent at making space for Wells, but neither is a lone gunman.

possibly, i do prefer the 3-5-2 with these players but Barbet's suspension forced his hand a bit tonight
Cardiff Match Thread on 21:56 - Oct 2 with 2167 viewsqueensparker

The Cardiff fans online giving us a lot of credit. They were ruthless, we were wasteful.

A sh*t result but I'm still a lot happier after watching that than hundreds of other away performances I've sat through where we've put ten men behind the ball, hoofed it to a forward running their bollocks off, crossed our fingers, and lost 1-0 without getting anywhere near looking like winning the game .
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 22:22]
Cardiff Match Thread on 21:59 - Oct 2 with 2128 viewsactonman

So that’s both welsh teams played in midweek , outplayed them both and taken 2 spankings on paper !

2nd half , we was poor imho but when you give a home team a 2 0 lead , you leave yourself with a Nye on impossible task to turn it round .

Quite p!ssed off but more with our luck than the team , oh and thanks to Barnsley with a 94th min equaliser, I’m £100 worse off as it fcuked my accumulator
Cardiff Match Thread on 22:00 - Oct 2 with 2103 viewsSuperhoop83

Cardiff Match Thread on 21:56 - Oct 2 by queensparker

The Cardiff fans online giving us a lot of credit. They were ruthless, we were wasteful.

A sh*t result but I'm still a lot happier after watching that than hundreds of other away performances I've sat through where we've put ten men behind the ball, hoofed it to a forward running their bollocks off, crossed our fingers, and lost 1-0 without getting anywhere near looking like winning the game .
[Post edited 2 Oct 2019 22:22]

Exactly.

Frustrating but we haven't played like this for years.

You R'sss!!!

Suffering since 1978.

Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Match Thread on 22:08 - Oct 2 with 2003 viewsBenny_the_Ball

A difficult one to swallow given the stats but it's not the first time Warnock has outmaneuvered his opponent without bossing possession. Truth be told, it's unrealistic to expect Warburton to convert QPR from relegation fodder to promotion candidates on a shoestring budget overnight. It'll take time and we're definitely moving in the right direction.
Cardiff Match Thread on 22:10 - Oct 2 with 1974 viewsMatch82

Impressed with the reasoned, rationale reaction on here to what was a disappointing result but taken in the context of the performance and season as a whole.

Now, over on twitter-land...
Cardiff Match Thread on 22:16 - Oct 2 with 1927 viewsWestonsuperR

On the way back, very strange match, completely dominated large spells of the game and looked so comfortable on the ball. Eze MOM by a long way. I wonder if we will be better away than at home which may seem an odd comment having just lost 3v0.
Cardiff Match Thread on 22:17 - Oct 2 with 1913 viewsTrom

Yeah it is what it is. We look good going forward and in possession but look weak at the back. Still happy with the progress. I thought we’d be relegation fodder this season but we’re playing the best football for years. Clearly the team we had last year and the total rebuild means we won’t win every week and we will get results like this. We look very shaky at the back and have done all season. Have we had a clean sheet? Pluses are we look good going forward and that’s a change for the better. The football is good and that’s good enough for me right now. Finishing in the top half with an outside chance of pushing for the playoffs is way beyond my where my expectations were at the start of the season. It’s going to be ups and downs by the nature of the changes to the team, finances and the nature of the manager.

Key point is the football is soooo much better to watch.
Cardiff Match Thread on 22:23 - Oct 2 with 1855 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Cardiff Match Thread on 22:00 - Oct 2 by Superhoop83

Exactly.

Frustrating but we haven't played like this for years.

You R'sss!!!

The difference is the last time we played like this we had a stronger spine with players like Paddy Kenny, Clint Hill, Shaun Derry and Heider Helgusson. That foundation allowed the likes of Tarraabt, Routledge and Faurlin the freedom to express themselves without fear of conceding. At the moment we have some genuine young talent in forward areas but the foundations are not firm hence no clean sheets. If we can add some strength and guile (particularly in the defensive third) and hold on to the ballers then watch us take off.
Cardiff Match Thread on 22:44 - Oct 2 with 1743 viewsextratimeR

I guess the reason I turn up every week is the performance of Eze tonight, ( I know we lost 3.0 it doesn't make sense!)

That reverse nutmeg he did in the Cardiff penalty area, I haven't seen that since Stan

Its crazy, we played some great stuff, but even your worst pub side wouldn't concede like the second goal.

But...….its QPR
Cardiff Match Thread on 22:56 - Oct 2 with 1685 viewsLythamR

Cardiff Match Thread on 22:44 - Oct 2 by extratimeR

I guess the reason I turn up every week is the performance of Eze tonight, ( I know we lost 3.0 it doesn't make sense!)

That reverse nutmeg he did in the Cardiff penalty area, I haven't seen that since Stan

Its crazy, we played some great stuff, but even your worst pub side wouldn't concede like the second goal.

But...….its QPR

Eze tonight reminded me of Bowles when he dropped deeper under Sibley, absolute joy to watch

Cardiff are ex premier league where as out squad has been pulled out of a dusty bin. I know we lost badly and the defending for goals was very poor and our set pieces were inexplicable but our open play was really promising from back to front,
Cardiff Match Thread on 23:10 - Oct 2 with 1624 viewsextratimeR

Yes, totally agree.
Cardiff Match Thread on 00:30 - Oct 3 with 1459 viewsCiderwithRsie

The good news is that according the the Guardian the match didn't happen so we presumably get another try at it

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/oct/02/championship-roundup-andre-ayew
Cardiff Match Thread on 00:37 - Oct 3 with 1447 viewskropotkin41

I can't really explain feeling so positive about losing 3-0. It reminded me of us beating Bournemouth 3-0 at HQ years ago, and they played lovely ineffective football all game.

Either of the shots off the woodwork go in and tonight turns out very differently, I reckon. Their goals were direct and very poorly defended; we looked out of attacking ideas with only one up front, and should have gone in more attacking from the start....

Not exactly a game which showcased Liam Kelly.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Cardiff Match Thread on 01:08 - Oct 3 with 1407 viewswombat

Cardiff Match Thread on 00:37 - Oct 3 by kropotkin41

I can't really explain feeling so positive about losing 3-0. It reminded me of us beating Bournemouth 3-0 at HQ years ago, and they played lovely ineffective football all game.

Either of the shots off the woodwork go in and tonight turns out very differently, I reckon. Their goals were direct and very poorly defended; we looked out of attacking ideas with only one up front, and should have gone in more attacking from the start....

Not exactly a game which showcased Liam Kelly.

Just got back And once again not sure how we lost that one , if we had gone in one nil at half time we would have won that game no doubt about it. Leister actually had a good game Cameron not so good again , was supposed at kellycoming in tonight and didn’t do anything to explain why , he does have good feet when he has the ball is about all I can think as a plus for him . Bit more confidence in the final third and we should have battered them , they had four chances scored three says it all ,

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Cardiff Match Thread on 01:25 - Oct 3 with 1394 viewsBoston

Haven’t read the thread, too busy working, then occupied by Extra Stout but...listened to the whole 90 mins and find myself slightly ticked off. Great back line(I thought) and we defend like pansies, two set pieces, what, we jump up over the ball like against the Albion! Sounded like Manning, Eze and Chair ran ‘em ragged, ‘big Gerry’ solid at the back, fcks sake, bring on the Blackburn.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024