Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
McClaren incoming 15:31 - May 1 with 143966 viewshubble

...according to a poster on WATRB...

Read it here, if you're not averse to a bit of rough: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/general/qpr-fans/2464866-mclaren-new-ma

[Post edited 1 May 2018 15:37]

Poll: Who is your player of the season?

McClaren incoming on 20:34 - May 1 with 4543 viewsElHoop

I was wondering what Nedum Onuoha meant when he was talking about our chances for next season and getting 'one or two things behind the scenes sorted out' or words to that effect - maybe this is one of them.

Also when he was analysing the Fulham away game on Sky, McLaren was very complimentary about Eze before that game - maybe he wouldn't mind the job of coaching this bunch of kids.

Or maybe it's a rubbish story!
McClaren incoming on 21:19 - May 1 with 4367 viewsdaveB

I quite like Mcclaren but he is a crap manager, made a right mess of Newcastle, had a ton of money to spend at Derby and failed 3 times to get them up. His record in the transfer market is diabolical. Would be a massive gamble to bring him in. If Holloway goes i'd go for Kenny Jackett or take a punt on Ainsworth

Very sad if true for Holloway, his last game in his first spell was at Leeds as well.
McClaren incoming on 21:27 - May 1 with 4322 viewsCiderwithRsie

McClaren incoming on 21:19 - May 1 by daveB

I quite like Mcclaren but he is a crap manager, made a right mess of Newcastle, had a ton of money to spend at Derby and failed 3 times to get them up. His record in the transfer market is diabolical. Would be a massive gamble to bring him in. If Holloway goes i'd go for Kenny Jackett or take a punt on Ainsworth

Very sad if true for Holloway, his last game in his first spell was at Leeds as well.

"had a ton of money to spend at Derby and failed 3 times to get them up. His record in the transfer market is diabolical."

Wouldn't have any money to spend here so might not be such an issue, especially with our DoF set-up.
McClaren incoming on 21:54 - May 1 with 4216 viewsdaveB

McClaren incoming on 21:27 - May 1 by CiderwithRsie

"had a ton of money to spend at Derby and failed 3 times to get them up. His record in the transfer market is diabolical."

Wouldn't have any money to spend here so might not be such an issue, especially with our DoF set-up.

lack of money means there is less room for error in the transfer market. Holloway has been very good in the market. Smith, Smyth, Freeman, BOS, Scowen all bargains. As I say would be a big gamble, Mcclarens record is not very good
McClaren incoming on 22:13 - May 1 with 4114 viewsdolcelatte

McClaren incoming on 21:54 - May 1 by daveB

lack of money means there is less room for error in the transfer market. Holloway has been very good in the market. Smith, Smyth, Freeman, BOS, Scowen all bargains. As I say would be a big gamble, Mcclarens record is not very good

All good, all bargains but how many actually IH signings? Surely they are mainly the "DOF setup" signings. His previous record in the market isn't that great so why would shouldn't McClaren do ok under the same system?

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

McClaren incoming on 22:27 - May 1 with 4038 viewsBklynRanger

McClaren incoming on 17:49 - May 1 by francisbowles

Hope that Ollie isn't rushing into a decision whilst he is suffering. Give him a leave of absence starting now. Chris Ramsey and Birch can take the team on Sunday.

We are on a long term rebuilding job and his input has been on the whole very good.
I would hate to see him leave now and us go backwards again. Next season will be tricky anyway with the loss of some senior players and having to bed in their replacements and hope they work out. If he is ok, we need the consistency.

I wouldn't have a problem with Schteve coming in if Ollie does call it a day as I think he might bring our young talent on but where would it leave CR and MB?

IF true I'd definitely worry that it's a snap, grief related decision. Far as I'm concerned the only right thing TF can do with such a request is give Olly 2 or 3 weeks to go away and think about it. Let the DoF/Scouting structure handle the transfer stuff and, if McLaren really wants it, let him wait to see what happens. Looking at the season as a whole Olly deserves to keep the job if he wants it and I'd be very uneasy about changing manager in these circumstances.
McClaren incoming on 23:48 - May 1 with 3855 viewsdaveB

McClaren incoming on 22:13 - May 1 by dolcelatte

All good, all bargains but how many actually IH signings? Surely they are mainly the "DOF setup" signings. His previous record in the market isn't that great so why would shouldn't McClaren do ok under the same system?

Pretty sure they are all holloway signings with the help of Penrice who he brought in.

his record in the transfer market in his first spell with us was pretty good as well
McClaren incoming on 00:08 - May 2 with 3826 viewswombat

McClaren incoming on 18:34 - May 1 by flynnbo

The curse of the Leeds away game. I remember when Ollie went up there really ill when we had the Italian waiter/chancer "running" things-Lee Camp's debut, I believe having joined the team somewhere up the M1 at a service station.

Camp joined us on the way to Hartlepool not Leeds , for me big mistake if Ollie goes not perfect but has the ability to get the squad working as one

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

McClaren incoming on 00:28 - May 2 with 3803 viewsPunteR

McClaren incoming on 00:08 - May 2 by wombat

Camp joined us on the way to Hartlepool not Leeds , for me big mistake if Ollie goes not perfect but has the ability to get the squad working as one

I do wonder how much influence Onouha, Mackie, Perch had on the unity front. I think they've been a big influence as well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

McClaren incoming on 01:44 - May 2 with 3724 viewsitsbiga

I'm not in favor of this if it happens.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

McClaren incoming on 01:58 - May 2 with 3712 viewstimcocking

McClaren incoming on 16:37 - May 1 by BrianMcCarthy

I think this is exactly the kind of rumour that gets started when there's a rumour void.

Put together what we know - Ollie has suffered two bereavements, Fernandes has tweeted something unhelpful, Fernandes has said something unhelpful in an interview - and now go an design a rumour.

This is exactly what you'd come up with.

I don't know if it's true or not, but how any QPR fan finds the spreading of these rumours to be helpful is genuinely beyond me.

The blame surely lies with the ominous, ambiguous tweet rather than the fans?
McClaren incoming on 02:07 - May 2 with 3698 viewstimcocking

For the record, when people say "he's a good number two but not a manager" i usually roll my eyes somewhat. That's more media speak that isn't real as often as not.

It might be true, but none of us or the journalists would know and it's a very unlikely thing. That's just a lazy line they write. Oh, he's not been successful, he's obviously a good number two can't be number one." The only difference in the roles is you are responsible for picking the team.

Just sometimes things work, sometimes they don't. Very rarely could a man who could one not do the other.
McClaren incoming on 02:36 - May 2 with 3680 viewsqueensparker

If this is actually true (big if), then I really hope it's a mutual decision as Ollie deserves to leave on his own terms and with his head held high.

It was clear walking out of the ground after the Brum game and in the pub afterwards that he's done everything that was asked of him: clear out the last fetid stench of the Prem years, don't get relegated, bring some local pride back into the club, bring some kids through, make sure there's not a player in that squad that doesn't give 100%, and save money.

It feels like we're all now looking forward to next season with Eze, Smyth, Bright, Furlong, Scowen getting better and better and unlikely to leave. We've got one of our best players doing it in the World Cup this summer. And even if Smithies and Luongo leave - a huge loss - we've got Lumley/Ingram/Manning/Chair waiting to step up. We probably won't get near the play-offs, but at least we're heading in the right direction. Compare that to the end of last season.

I know it's been inconsistent and frustrating, but we've also looked really good in spells this season, and to finish the season with a team of youth prospects enjoying themselves and easily dismissing an expensively-assembled squad with a lot to play for was a real pleasure.
[Post edited 2 May 2018 3:06]
McClaren incoming on 03:07 - May 2 with 3663 viewsqprd

hope its true

mcclarens a good manager....
McClaren incoming on 04:10 - May 2 with 3638 viewsmylot50years

McClaren incoming on 18:34 - May 1 by flynnbo

The curse of the Leeds away game. I remember when Ollie went up there really ill when we had the Italian waiter/chancer "running" things-Lee Camp's debut, I believe having joined the team somewhere up the M1 at a service station.

3-0 down in first 15 minutes and Holloway was there and in charge a pathetic performance they ended up getting six. I suppose you could say under him we don't lose by so many these days on our travels, but he still manages not to win to often. If McClaren came in and his sole job would be to coach and leave LF and others take care of other issues, we could find ourselves in a very good place particularly with the kids coming through. Also great opportunity for McClaren himself to regain respect as a good coach, and leave the manager duties that have in the past hindered his progress, to others that are better suited.
McClaren incoming on 06:28 - May 2 with 3568 viewssmegma

McClaren incoming on 20:33 - May 1 by CroydonCaptJack

Don't be a forum snob smeg ;)

Remember the Ched Evans rumour ??
McClaren incoming on 07:05 - May 2 with 3504 viewsdavman

If Ollie wants to go, then fair enough, but the call for stability goes right across the club in every position, including manager. We'very tried changing that again and again and again, but it NEVER works. You could argue that it did with Warnock, but he also came with changes to the board room, pushing Flabio well into the background.

I do not want to have to listen to a new manager moaning through 3 or 4 transfer windows that this is not his squad. Also, I'D hope that the kids see that Ollie bought them through and would want to fight for him as well as the club.

McClaren in as part of the coaching team, yes, but I am not too keen on anyone replacing Ollie after what has been achieved this season.

Let's give sticking with the manager a try, eh?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

McClaren incoming on 07:35 - May 2 with 3427 viewsjonno

If any truth in this (doubtful) I wouldn't have a problem with McLaren replacing say Bircham in the coaching setup. Under Redknapp we were far better when McLaren was involved, when he left we went downhill quickly. But Holloway has done everything asked of him, probably more, and should continue as manager next season on that basis in my view. I see no reason why the two of them cannot work together.
McClaren incoming on 07:38 - May 2 with 3419 viewsNorthernr

McClaren incoming on 02:07 - May 2 by timcocking

For the record, when people say "he's a good number two but not a manager" i usually roll my eyes somewhat. That's more media speak that isn't real as often as not.

It might be true, but none of us or the journalists would know and it's a very unlikely thing. That's just a lazy line they write. Oh, he's not been successful, he's obviously a good number two can't be number one." The only difference in the roles is you are responsible for picking the team.

Just sometimes things work, sometimes they don't. Very rarely could a man who could one not do the other.

Apart from there being a whole load of stats and examples to back it up.
McClaren incoming on 07:58 - May 2 with 3350 viewsDevon_4_England

McClaren incoming on 07:35 - May 2 by jonno

If any truth in this (doubtful) I wouldn't have a problem with McLaren replacing say Bircham in the coaching setup. Under Redknapp we were far better when McLaren was involved, when he left we went downhill quickly. But Holloway has done everything asked of him, probably more, and should continue as manager next season on that basis in my view. I see no reason why the two of them cannot work together.

I'm firmly in the Holloway in camp so if Ollie wants to bring in another coach and is happy with McLaren then this seems a good move.

I don't see any reason Bircham has to leave, he is an important figure behind the scenes and I for one am proud of the job Ollie and Birch have done this season albeit I appreciate things need to improve away.

I would rather have good QPR people at the Club while we bring through younger players and cut our cloth accordingly over the next year.

We are a coach down since Curtis Fleming went back up north and McLaren was a major reason we got promotion but I personally think Ollie has earnt the chance to carry on.

He's had an incredibly tough few weeks losing his mentor and Mother. Hopefully a peaceful & restful summer and a chance to recharge his batteries.
McClaren incoming on 08:00 - May 2 with 3344 viewsbaz_qpr

As I said in the Ollie thread with a year left on the contract its either a new contract for Ollie with a view that he has earned a 3 year crack on it to take it on to the next level, or they twist.

Whilst the last couple of months have been ok / good and that has only really happened due to some young fruit ripening at just the right moment (at a time when Ramsey went into the coaching set up) taking the full period into account there are positives and negatives.

Style of play is one, its confused, changes from week to week. Is Ollie / Bircham the right mix to take the likes of Smyth and Eze and improve them to be £10m players.

From what I hear I think there are real questions being asked as to whether Ollie is strategic enough, or whether he is too reactionary and scatty. I guess that comes back to that old day manager / club builder debate, Ollie is good at the former, can he be the latter
McClaren incoming on 08:08 - May 2 with 3323 viewsCroydonCaptJack

McClaren incoming on 06:28 - May 2 by smegma

Remember the Ched Evans rumour ??

Yes but that was ages ago mate
McClaren incoming on 08:11 - May 2 with 3317 viewspaulparker

I don't mind McLaren I think he done a good job at Boro, Twente and to a degree Derby especially the 1st spell there , he is a very good coach and a decent manager
but what I don't get is why people are so happy for Bircham to be replaced ?? what's he done wrong to get the tin tack ? yet again QPR fans wanting one of own to be shafted
also if Olly decides to walk then best of luck to him and I hope its his decision to go and not being forced out of the club by you know who

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

McClaren incoming on 08:13 - May 2 with 3314 viewsHooparoo

It could very well be that Olly after pouring his heart and soul into it, is feeling like his work is done. He’s a very honest bloke and an R through and through so if he felt someone else would do a better job I reckon he’d be the first to say so.

He is probably feeling emotionally drained as he obviously cares deeply about the club. Losing his mum would no doubt add to any feeling of being worn out. I lost my dad 11 years ago and I still miss him every day so we need to support him come what may during this difficult time.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

McClaren incoming on 08:22 - May 2 with 3286 viewsTheChef

McClaren incoming on 16:37 - May 1 by BrianMcCarthy

I think this is exactly the kind of rumour that gets started when there's a rumour void.

Put together what we know - Ollie has suffered two bereavements, Fernandes has tweeted something unhelpful, Fernandes has said something unhelpful in an interview - and now go an design a rumour.

This is exactly what you'd come up with.

I don't know if it's true or not, but how any QPR fan finds the spreading of these rumours to be helpful is genuinely beyond me.

This is what happens when Fernandes makes public statements that keep everyone guessing and he just helps to crank up the rumour mill.

TF really needs a PR adviser. Or preferably he should just shut up.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024