Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Washington?? 14:53 - Apr 20 with 4393 viewsQPRDave

Have we paid about £2mill too much for him?

Getting a bit fed up with him now, it's time we promoted him to chief goat

Washington?? on 15:00 - Apr 20 with 3632 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You're ridiculous mate.
Washington?? on 15:29 - Apr 20 with 3566 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Like a lot of people, I've seen precious little of him.

Do think he'd benefit from a run of games but out of interest, what is his best/preferred position - up front, in the hole, wide or super sub?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Washington?? on 15:35 - Apr 20 with 3542 views1MoreBrightonR

looking at him, i think there is no way we signed him thinking he coould play on his own up front...nothing about him suits that style of play. Based on that, I'm presuming/hoping over summer, JFH gets in the player he wants so we can play 442 with him involved.
Washington?? on 15:44 - Apr 20 with 3494 viewspaulparker

Washington?? on 15:00 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

You're ridiculous mate.

pot kettle black ?

Stella Creasy is only on your radar because she was threatened with rape. If that pisses you off then I don't really know what to say to you.

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Washington?? on 15:51 - Apr 20 with 3472 viewsNorthernr

Yeh write him off I reckon, clearly rubbish.
Washington?? on 16:05 - Apr 20 with 3434 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Place your bets on our game of 'Scapegoat Roulette'
Washington?? on 16:08 - Apr 20 with 3422 viewsToast_R

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
Washington?? on 16:42 - Apr 20 with 3316 viewsQPRDave

Washington?? on 15:00 - Apr 20 by BazzaInTheLoft

You're ridiculous mate.

wow you really have zero self awareness haven't you Basil ?
Login to get fewer ads

Washington?? on 16:48 - Apr 20 with 3289 viewsQPRDave

Washington?? on 15:51 - Apr 20 by Northernr

Yeh write him off I reckon, clearly rubbish.

Yeah cause £2.5 mill you don't expect gls or a regular starter do you?
Washington?? on 17:16 - Apr 20 with 3224 viewsMatch82

Washington?? on 16:48 - Apr 20 by QPRDave

After half a season? No, I expected him to struggle making the step up initially, as he has done everywhere he's been, then kick on in his second year. 3 months is too short a time to judge most players, but especially those making a step up.
Washington?? on 17:16 - Apr 20 with 3224 viewsbob566

two of norn irons games were on bbc2 which I managed to catch.

First game he got one half and he played well.

2nd game he got a lot more time and he looked excellent.
Washington?? on 17:25 - Apr 20 with 3184 viewsHarbour

From the limited game time he has had I think he will come good and score goals for us..after first one goes in he will get his confidence, clearly needs a partner up top.give the bloke a chance remember Charlie took a while to get going and he was prolific after that.
Washington?? on 17:26 - Apr 20 with 3184 viewsQPRDave

Washington?? on 17:16 - Apr 20 by Match82

After half a season? No, I expected him to struggle making the step up initially, as he has done everywhere he's been, then kick on in his second year. 3 months is too short a time to judge most players, but especially those making a step up.

Ok thank you for a proper reply Match, & harbour
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 17:27]
Washington?? on 17:32 - Apr 20 with 3156 viewssimmo

Rhodes cost 5 times that and was as close to a sure thing as you can get in this league, still struggled initially with the move to Boro and wasn't starting until very recently.

Give him time, he not only came to QPR late, he came to professional football late and what he lacks in technical polish he is currently making up for in work rate and persistence. Everywhere he’s gone before it’s been the same pattern - slow starter who takes time and the right management to get going before going on good scoring streaks. If you’ve watched him play so far you’d agree he’s looked bright and determined and it’s only a matter of time before he finds scoring form and starts to trouble JFH for a start. The club made a point of saying that he’ll need time and support as he’s not the finished article, so let’s at least give him that before starting contrary posts like this.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Washington?? on 18:01 - Apr 20 with 3072 viewsrsonist

Washington?? on 17:26 - Apr 20 by QPRDave

Ok thank you for a proper reply Match, & harbour
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 17:27]

http://loftforwords.fansnetwork.co.uk/forum/170061/washington/#25

You might care to notice was a thread on this full of replies not three days ago.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 18:03]
Washington?? on 18:36 - Apr 20 with 2995 viewsLowerloftLad

yeah strikers don't need time to settle in at club look at Charlie's record at Southampton a whopping 1 goal in 11 on a 100k a week and injured. give the lad time he will come good for QPR next season
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 18:38]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Washington?? on 20:13 - Apr 20 with 2820 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Washington?? on 15:44 - Apr 20 by paulparker

pot kettle black ?

Stella Creasy is only on your radar because she was threatened with rape. If that pisses you off then I don't really know what to say to you.

I don't need a secretary to read my dictations back to me cheers mate.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2016 20:14]
Washington?? on 20:33 - Apr 20 with 2781 viewsDougal_RBlock

There clearly is a player within Conor Washington....

He was doing it for Peterboro and if anyone saw him play in his 2nd cap for Northern Ireland he was far and away the best player on the pitch.
His movement, shooting and then his finish proved that he had the confidence.
N.I were only playing one up top..... and it wasn't him.
Conor started on the left but had licence to swap in and out of position with Jamie Ward.
Caused the opposition no end of problems that night and could have had a hattrick were it not for the keeper.

I havent seen too much of him in QPR colours yet, but it seems like they are playing him up top, on his own with no support.
Play him as an attacking 3 behind Polter and I think we will see the best of him.
I really hope we don't just discard him and give him a decent chance going into next season.
I would start playing him against the lesser teams..... Not Brighton away! To get his confidence up a little
Washington?? on 21:14 - Apr 20 with 2704 viewsbosh67

Judge him by what he does next season given a series of proper games

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Washington?? on 22:47 - Apr 20 with 2575 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Washington?? on 21:14 - Apr 20 by bosh67

Judge him by what he does next season given a series of proper games

Amen brother.

This might take the fun out of being a QPR fan for some though.
Washington?? on 08:43 - Apr 21 with 2417 viewsTW_R

Just out of curiosity what were you expecting for £2.5 mill? And who would you have him playing instead of?

As for the goals, the bloke has played 11 matches, 8 of which were as a sub. Of those 8 he played the equivalent of a game and a half. And in all he's played the equivalent of less than 4.5 games. Hardly the longest barren run in striking history.
Washington?? on 09:15 - Apr 21 with 2378 viewsrobith

Washington?? on 15:35 - Apr 20 by 1MoreBrightonR

looking at him, i think there is no way we signed him thinking he coould play on his own up front...nothing about him suits that style of play. Based on that, I'm presuming/hoping over summer, JFH gets in the player he wants so we can play 442 with him involved.

Nothing I've seen so far suggests that JFH is going to play 442
Washington?? on 13:14 - Apr 21 with 2254 viewsR_from_afar

I mistakenly clicked the up rather than the down arrow, fool that I am.

Give Washington a chance before writing him off!

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Washington?? on 13:26 - Apr 21 with 2228 viewsbaz_qpr

He had not scored in 11 when we signed him. You dont much striker for your buck these days lets see how he goes after the Euros
Washington?? on 13:30 - Apr 21 with 2217 viewsQPRDave

Washington?? on 08:43 - Apr 21 by TW_R

Just out of curiosity what were you expecting for £2.5 mill? And who would you have him playing instead of?

As for the goals, the bloke has played 11 matches, 8 of which were as a sub. Of those 8 he played the equivalent of a game and a half. And in all he's played the equivalent of less than 4.5 games. Hardly the longest barren run in striking history.

What do I expect for two and half mill?......

I expect a footballer who can pass, head, shoot with both feet, be physically fit as a butchers, and tbh be able to play a role assigned to him that's not an alien position on the whole.
I E to be able to play as a lone striker. If he can't why was he bought?
I see posters saying he needs a partner, well bearing in mind the season died along time since, why aren't we playing him with Polter?
That's why I'm asking have we paid too much
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024