Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Farhad Moshiri 17:25 - Feb 27 with 2510 viewsexiled_dictator

a fellow iranian who fled just before the revolution, as opposed to us who managed to escape just after the revolution.
has just bought 49.9% of everton, having sold his 15% stake in arsenal to alister usmanov this week.
worth a pretty penny too, but will use one of his financial vehicles for everton. shrewd businessman with a very good track record of making the right decisions at the right time.
i would imagine that at some point, he will own more than 50% of the club.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Farhad Moshiri on 20:57 - Feb 27 with 2325 viewsHooparoo

How to turn a large fortune into a small one - buy a football club

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Farhad Moshiri on 21:01 - Feb 27 with 2313 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Exile,

I've disliked Everton immensely since their filthy racist days but a good friend supports them. Is this man likely to be good news for Everton, do you think?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Farhad Moshiri on 21:13 - Feb 27 with 2277 viewsActonOccident

Farhad Moshiri on 21:01 - Feb 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Exile,

I've disliked Everton immensely since their filthy racist days but a good friend supports them. Is this man likely to be good news for Everton, do you think?

According to this bio, he made it big teaming up with Alisher Usmanov over many years:

http://iranian.com/main/2012/apr/farhad-moshiri-billionaire.html

Alisher Usmanov is certainly an interesting individual.

But I doubt the average Everton fan cares too much.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2016 21:49]
Farhad Moshiri on 08:48 - Feb 28 with 2086 viewsToast_R

Interesting that Bill Kenright welcomed the new investment when he's been pretty savvy about this in the past as he genuinely has Everton best interests at heart being a big fan. He obviously believes it's the right move for them. Like Everton.
[Post edited 28 Feb 2016 8:49]
Farhad Moshiri on 08:52 - Feb 28 with 2074 viewspaesanu

Farhad Moshiri on 21:01 - Feb 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Exile,

So you don't like them because of their past generations. That's a bit racist.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Farhad Moshiri on 09:32 - Feb 28 with 2041 viewsDWQPR

Strange that he has only 49.9% of the ownership of Everton. If Kenwright still holds the rest then he holds away on all decisions still.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Farhad Moshiri on 10:12 - Feb 28 with 2008 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Farhad Moshiri on 08:52 - Feb 28 by paesanu

Fair point!

I believe they're much better now, but still haven't completely shaken the racist element. Still - might be time I moved on alright!

Farhad Moshiri on 12:17 - Feb 28 with 1936 viewsMrSheen

Farhad Moshiri on 10:12 - Feb 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair point!

I believe they're much better now, but still haven't completely shaken the racist element. Still - might be time I moved on alright!

The other lot only saw the light a few years earlier when John Barnes signed for them. Howard Gayle said he was wasn't sure who hated him more, his team's fans or his teammates. Still, undoubtedly the greatest team in the Weeeeeerrrrrrrrld.
Login to get fewer ads

Farhad Moshiri on 12:26 - Feb 28 with 1922 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Farhad Moshiri on 12:17 - Feb 28 by MrSheen

The other lot only saw the light a few years earlier when John Barnes signed for them. Howard Gayle said he was wasn't sure who hated him more, his team's fans or his teammates. Still, undoubtedly the greatest team in the Weeeeeerrrrrrrrld.

Dead right, Mr.

It was claimed that it was Liverpool and not Everton fans who were behind the racism in this iconic photo. Either scenario was believable at the time.

Farhad Moshiri on 12:34 - Feb 28 with 1915 viewspaesanu

Farhad Moshiri on 10:12 - Feb 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Fair point!

I was being a bit cheeky, but I do like Everton. Dad in Law is a Blue so I suppose I see the better sides and fans. There was a great thread here a couple of weeks ago showcasing that, where they awarded goal of the month to a 9 year old. Fantastic video!

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Farhad Moshiri on 12:35 - Feb 28 with 1912 viewsexiled_dictator

http://www.evertonfc.com/content/club/shareholders-association/list-of-sharehold

found this, but i am unclear as to whose 49.9% moshiri has bought.
but he clearly is the largest single shareholder, and i would imagine he will be making most of the financial decisions regarding the running of the club, and leaving the footballing decisions to someone who understands football. or so the theory goes ......

the idea that a non-footballing brain should be the one making the footballing decisions would be obviously a mistake, but as has been proven time and time again, just because you are successful in a business capacity, it does not automatically follow that your success will be transferred into a footballing capacity, that's why it is better to employ people who understand the business of football to run football clubs. there are plenty of examples of both too hands on owners, and owners who employ the right people to run their football clubs.

i have only read biographies about moshiri, but have no personal knowledge of his dealings. yes, he is an accountant with a good business track record, but is it me, or does it appear that he has been successful on the coat tails of others? maybe a little harsh, but time will tell if his investments and decisions for everton will be of benefit.

It's not what you've got; it's where you stick it.
Poll: Climate Change

Farhad Moshiri on 12:43 - Feb 28 with 1899 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Farhad Moshiri on 12:34 - Feb 28 by paesanu

I was being a bit cheeky, but I do like Everton. Dad in Law is a Blue so I suppose I see the better sides and fans. There was a great thread here a couple of weeks ago showcasing that, where they awarded goal of the month to a 9 year old. Fantastic video!

Yes, I remember that. I think you have a point, though. I'm stuck somewhat in the days of 'Everton are white, Everton are white", burning crosses on the terraces and the Everton fan on Tunis Road who spat "at least we ain't got any n****rs playin' for us". That's twenty-odd years ago, might be time I parked it all.

Farhad Moshiri on 14:07 - Feb 28 with 1855 viewsjamois

Farhad Moshiri on 08:52 - Feb 28 by paesanu

It's always been a good enough reason to dislike Chelsea

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

Farhad Moshiri on 14:08 - Feb 28 with 1855 viewskensalriser

Farhad Moshiri on 12:43 - Feb 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, I remember that. I think you have a point, though. I'm stuck somewhat in the days of 'Everton are white, Everton are white", burning crosses on the terraces and the Everton fan on Tunis Road who spat "at least we ain't got any n****rs playin' for us". That's twenty-odd years ago, might be time I parked it all.

If that was 20 years ago, it was still 20 years behind the racist main character of Richard Allen's Skinhead novel.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024