Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What are peoples thoughts of this article? 08:46 - Nov 5 with 7528 viewsVUVU

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34730265

[Post edited 5 Nov 2015 8:57]

Bond: "Not until I see Kananga!" Kananga: "Rightttt... (Starts pulling face off)"

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:17 - Nov 5 with 5133 viewsJonDoeman

It Is What It Is !!

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:21 - Nov 5 with 5111 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:17 - Nov 5 by JonDoeman

I've never been convinced that racism is a factor when managers are chosen but there was some disgusting stuff on Twitter last night, personal and racist so there was a bit of a undertone with some obviously.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:24 - Nov 5 with 5090 viewsTGRRRSSS

I knew that would be coming the second we appointed CR in the summer.
I know alot less about Huddersfield but it isnt CP's first job, sounds like he had it tough there but in the end results speak and so do performances.
Should we have kept CR just to appease an outside body?

In my view no, and they are focusing purely on what they look like not how they were doing in the job they were given.

Tricky subject obviously.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:27 - Nov 5 with 5069 viewsTHEBUSH

Everyone has their own opinion and mine is. our club ain't racist.

There's always gonna be some people who are, but they are a very small minority.

I didn't really want to see Chris Ramsey fail as our manager, but after about nine months in charge our team is still a mess.

Anyway, his colour had nothing to do with his sacking, but his inability to organize our team did !!
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:34 - Nov 5 with 5040 viewsNottsQPR

As soon as Ramsey got the bullet last night, I knew this would make for some easy column inches.

Al Davis, the now dead owner of the LA/Oakland Raiders coined a famous phrase, 'Just win, Baby!'. In professional sport that is ultimately how success is judged. If Powell and Ramsey had won more games than they had, they wouldn't have been sacked whether they were black, white or green.

I think amongst all the talk of a 'broken club' and mismanaging owners, fans have to remember that it is a manager's responsibility to find a way, with the group of players he has in his possession, to win as many games as possible.

The colour of a person's skin does not affect how they can do that. I struggle to believe that the group of players we have could not have achieved more given a superior game plan, motivation and formation.

What does that look like? I've got my own ideas but it's down to the board (and here is where the tricky part comes) to find the right person to do that.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:35 - Nov 5 with 5034 viewsQPR442

i don't care if he is black, white or pink. Ramsey was not good enough and it is simple as that. Plenty of white managers been sacked lately and that is okay. I wish people would stop using racism as an excuse.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:36 - Nov 5 with 5026 viewsBluce_Ree

Not a race thing. Ramsey was shite. But is football racist? Probably. I mean football was insanely racist in the '80s. That's in my lifetime. And it's still a bit racist. It's super homophobic too. It's anti-everything though. Be it opposing fans chanting that Peter Crouch is a freak or that Northerners are inbred or whatever.

Football is kind of a game of hate.

Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. Stefan Moore, Stefan Moore running down the wing. He runs like a cheetah, his crosses couldn't be sweeter. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore. Stefan Moore.

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:38 - Nov 5 with 5012 views1MoreBrightonR

I am very liberal and do believe there is a lot of racism when it comes to recruiting managers (studies show there is a lot of institutional racism across most professions...why would football be different), even if a lot of it is subliminal/institutional....but i dont think Ramseys departure has anything to do with racism....it fits in with a pattern of how the club is run regardless of the colour of the manager..

I dont know enough about the Powell situation to comment.
Login to get fewer ads

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:39 - Nov 5 with 5005 viewsCliff_Schitzinabag

Would it be racist to point out to this chap that it was a black man that sacked him?
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:41 - Nov 5 with 4990 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:38 - Nov 5 by 1MoreBrightonR

I am very liberal and do believe there is a lot of racism when it comes to recruiting managers (studies show there is a lot of institutional racism across most professions...why would football be different), even if a lot of it is subliminal/institutional....but i dont think Ramseys departure has anything to do with racism....it fits in with a pattern of how the club is run regardless of the colour of the manager..

I dont know enough about the Powell situation to comment.

Yeah to be fair, the shareholders are equal opportunity idiots.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:41 - Nov 5 with 4985 viewsNorthernr

I think it's poor, and I think it devalues the overall message around the lack of black managers to jump on a bandwagon like this.

It comes up with John Barnes a lot. Wonderful player, never given a chance as a manager because he's black. No, was given a chance as a manager, at Tranmere where he fcked it up, and at Celtic which is about the easiest managerial job in the world where he also fcked it up. Chances are if you fck up twice, including at Celtic, it doesn't matter if you blue pink or purple you aint getting another job north of the Conference.

Whether you agree with the Ramsey sacking or not, it's fck all to do with what colour he is.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:43 - Nov 5 with 4968 views1MoreBrightonR

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:36 - Nov 5 by Bluce_Ree

Not a race thing. Ramsey was shite. But is football racist? Probably. I mean football was insanely racist in the '80s. That's in my lifetime. And it's still a bit racist. It's super homophobic too. It's anti-everything though. Be it opposing fans chanting that Peter Crouch is a freak or that Northerners are inbred or whatever.

Football is kind of a game of hate.

I think this is spot on...its naive to think there wouldnt be racism in football when there is across society and football is a lot less tolerant than most of society....but that doesnt mean this sacking is racist. It's easy for people not connected to the club to just spout that line.

I'd be curious what any of our black fans think.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:44 - Nov 5 with 4958 viewsDejR_vu

"People will look and think 'Is it worth it? Is it because of the colour of their skin? Or is it because they are bad managers?'

I wonder if Troy Townsend bothered to consider the ownership of QPR or DoF employed by the club? Embarrassing comment, devalues the argument.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:48 - Nov 5 with 4924 viewsDiscodroids

I wont rest Until The Premier league appoint 12 year old Nobel prize winner and shot gun 12 bore guage champion Malala Yousafzai, as supreme overlord of Professional football in this Country. What a load of utter piss .

".... You are the... Duke of New York... You're A-Number One!".

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:51 - Nov 5 with 4907 viewsWilloW4

Sol Campbell's got a fish supper on his shoulder... Always has done.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 10:00 - Nov 5 with 4861 viewsswitchingcode

Soon as you see sol Campbell getting involved you know what to expect.Colour makes no difference as all us decent fans know.Ramsey reminds me of Leroy Rosinior who we had as manager smashing bloke but sadly lacking as a manager.Jason Roberts will be doing the rounds today.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 10:02 - Nov 5 with 4849 viewsdaveB

No doubt at all that some QPR fans never took to Ramsey due to his colour,you only have to look at some of the comments made in the last few months and some of the reaction on social media to know that.

Ultimately though it doesn't matter what colour the man is, we were losing matches and not playing well and that usually means the boot comes and don't think it's helpful for Townsend to jump on the bandwagon like this. A better angle for me would be a bad day for English managers, another two gone in a shrinking pool.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 12:09 - Nov 5 with 4727 viewsJuzzie

The DoF is black, the chairman is SE Asian, co owners are Indian, SE Asian etc. If Sol Campbell, Paul Ince or anyone else thinks Ramsey was sacked for the colour of his skin then I'll suggest they are making an inverted racist comment.

As said by others, they will just do more harm than good by suggesting such a thing.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 12:10 - Nov 5 with 4724 viewsMarc

That sol campbell tweet is a p*ss take, thought the song lyrics would be a giveaway

Will no doubt have something to say eventually
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 12:14 - Nov 5 with 4686 viewsAntti_Heinola

Agree with the gist here. There's absolutely no doubt that there's racism in terms of black coaches/managers getting opportunities. It was a while ago now, but I suspect among some owners (not ours) that old, awful Noades quote about black and white players still pervades.
I think it was good for the game that the number of black managers was higher than usual this season. And personally I'd have kept CR until the end of the season regardless (unless in Feb/March we were in serious relegation toruble), but let's say Steve Gallen had taken over in Feb instead. With identical records and performances, he would also have gone yesterday.

Bare bones.

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 12:15 - Nov 5 with 4677 views1BobbyHazell

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 09:51 - Nov 5 by WilloW4

Sol Campbell's got a fish supper on his shoulder... Always has done.

That tweet is a joke, literally.
What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 12:16 - Nov 5 with 4673 viewsA40Bosh

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 12:09 - Nov 5 by Juzzie

The DoF is black, the chairman is SE Asian, co owners are Indian, SE Asian etc. If Sol Campbell, Paul Ince or anyone else thinks Ramsey was sacked for the colour of his skin then I'll suggest they are making an inverted racist comment.

As said by others, they will just do more harm than good by suggesting such a thing.

+1
Thanks for writing my intended post for me.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 12:18 - Nov 5 with 4662 viewsQPunkR

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 12:10 - Nov 5 by Marc

That sol campbell tweet is a p*ss take, thought the song lyrics would be a giveaway

Will no doubt have something to say eventually

Definitely will. If Sulzeer Jeremiah Campbell (I love his name!) were white he'd call himself racist. As said above, biggest chip on his shoulder imaginable and reckons he should get top jobs despite not having a coaching badge to his name (last I heard anyways) because he's black.
In that article, Frank Sinclair and his tweets come across far more to the point.

QPR - "shit but local"

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 13:18 - Nov 5 with 4531 viewsEastR

Seems no one is prepared to address the real elephant in the room: after yesterday, football is clearly ‘Chrisist’

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 13:48 - Nov 5 with 4454 viewsBushman

What are peoples thoughts of this article? on 12:18 - Nov 5 by QPunkR

Definitely will. If Sulzeer Jeremiah Campbell (I love his name!) were white he'd call himself racist. As said above, biggest chip on his shoulder imaginable and reckons he should get top jobs despite not having a coaching badge to his name (last I heard anyways) because he's black.
In that article, Frank Sinclair and his tweets come across far more to the point.

Chatted with Frank Sinclair the other day after the MK dons in the Princess Vic..

Really nice bloke.

I know almost nothing about the Premier League even though I try to catch the big games every now and then at the end of the season. But I will say this, Queens Park Rangers is just a fukking sick ass team name. Just sounds so cool.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024