Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wembley people moving during game 20:22 - May 29 with 5347 viewsnightwish

If there is one thing that annoys me about sitting watching football is the amount of people that continually move from their seat during the match.At Wembley the amount of people continually going to the toilet,going for food or drink during the match seemed to reach new heights.I wonder why some people go to football, half the time they don't bother watching the game it just seems to be a social occasion.With Wembley tickets so high I could not believe the amount of people leaving their seats to go elsewhere.I saw some leave 3 or 4 times 1st half alone.Did anyone else notice after 30 mins of the 1st half I thought a fire alarm had gone off there were hundreds of people leaving their seats to go for toilets or food and drink.What is the mentality of people that spend vast sums of money on tickets for football then don't watch the game I just don't get it.
Wembley people moving during game on 20:25 - May 29 with 4471 viewsBklynRanger

Eh,

Cheese?
Wembley people moving during game on 20:31 - May 29 with 4451 viewsHayesender

You sat?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wembley people moving during game on 20:42 - May 29 with 4408 viewsLblock

Sorry mate - if I wasn't havin another beer then it was off to have another bugle and in between a few slash breaks.
The game only started on 89 mind and finished on 94 mins though so hope I didn't ruin those best 5 minutes of our lives.

On a serious note - don't be so serious!!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Wembley people moving during game on 20:48 - May 29 with 4371 viewskensalriser

Clearly you never went to the old Wembley, where it wasn't unknown for people to relieve themselves where they stood. On the whole, it seems preferable that people get up and go to the toilet.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wembley people moving during game on 20:52 - May 29 with 4342 viewsnewgolddream

Well said mate
Wembley people moving during game on 20:55 - May 29 with 4326 viewsdaveB

i only go to football for the social aspect these days, the games are usually forgettable apart from saturday of course but it's no different to paying bit money to see a concert then going for a beer or a piss during a song you don't like
Wembley people moving during game on 21:06 - May 29 with 4283 viewsRBlock

Wembley people moving during game on 20:31 - May 29 by Hayesender

You sat?

I kept getting moaned at by the people behind me for standing up! It made my blood boil getting stick of this planks, none of them were old or less able. Just kept calling me Jonesy because they didn't realise the Ray Jones connotations of my shirt!
Wembley people moving during game on 22:17 - May 29 with 4160 viewsrunningman75

I noticed people getting up after 30 minutes, a goal can be scored at any time and it amazes me people wanting half time fare. i tend to buy something to eat or drink prior to a match but outside the ground. After the match I will then find somewhere to go. It seems half the people who go to football matches do not go out a lot and are prepared to pay for overpriced warm beer and junk food.
Login to get fewer ads

Wembley people moving during game on 22:27 - May 29 with 4136 viewsandygg

Have to say, i noticed that too. Maybe it was nerves plus too much alcohol.
There were a couple of pissheads near me, who left in the first half and didnt return at all. Their loss.
Wembley people moving during game on 22:46 - May 29 with 4088 viewsloftboy

There was bloody thousands moving about on 89 minutes and 40 seconds, jumping around shouting and screaming, who do these people think they are!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wembley people moving during game on 22:47 - May 29 with 4086 viewsRangersDave

It's a social disease that affects all crowd events nowadays.

I get peed off at gigs when I have to sit and the people behind spend half the time talking loudly rather than watching and listening.

The amount that get up in a cinema after 25 mins nowadays is a joke too.
No social graces at all!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Wembley people moving during game on 22:55 - May 29 with 4058 viewskensalriser

Wembley people moving during game on 21:06 - May 29 by RBlock

I kept getting moaned at by the people behind me for standing up! It made my blood boil getting stick of this planks, none of them were old or less able. Just kept calling me Jonesy because they didn't realise the Ray Jones connotations of my shirt!

Once a certain number of people stand up, everyone has to stand up if they want to see - including the old, the less able and kids. Constantly standing up and blocking the views of others is just bad manners.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wembley people moving during game on 23:11 - May 29 with 4029 viewsTopCat34

Wembley people moving during game on 22:55 - May 29 by kensalriser

Once a certain number of people stand up, everyone has to stand up if they want to see - including the old, the less able and kids. Constantly standing up and blocking the views of others is just bad manners.

I might be misinterpreting this post completely, but when did manners come into football? This isn't a dinner party or a Barry Manilow concert. I understand that standing at matches isn't to everyone's tastes, but the gradual incline of the stadium (at Wembley this is particularly relevant) means that many people of varying heights can see even if the person in front of them is insistent on standing throughout. I didn't stand because others around me sat, but I did find it a weird experience at such an important game.

With regards to people leaving before HT etc, absolutely sympathise. I often found it too nervous to be sat in my seat the whole time and this combined with a few pints meant numerous breaks to the toilet and nailbiting moments on the concourse in order to collect myself!
[Post edited 29 May 2014 23:12]
Wembley people moving during game on 23:20 - May 29 with 4000 viewsPommyhoop

Wembley people moving during game on 22:46 - May 29 by loftboy

There was bloody thousands moving about on 89 minutes and 40 seconds, jumping around shouting and screaming, who do these people think they are!!

Indeed .
They should ban them bloody mobile phones as well. Why do people insist in holding them up in the air? showing them off. Or shoving them in your face? Yes we all know youve got a bloody smart phone you dont need to hold them above your head or out in front of you.
Philistines.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Wembley people moving during game on 23:52 - May 29 with 3944 viewscarrotcrunch_R

Wembley people moving during game on 22:55 - May 29 by kensalriser

I remember the times when u had the choice of standing or sitting at a game those were the days .
Wembley people moving during game on 01:55 - May 30 with 3878 viewsWeaverQPR

The Piss Police have turned up.

@WeavQPR

Wembley people moving during game on 02:38 - May 30 with 3863 viewsRangersAreBack

How last Saturday can be remembered as anything less than perfect is beyond me.
Wembley people moving during game on 06:13 - May 30 with 3824 viewsHayesender

Wembley people moving during game on 02:38 - May 30 by RangersAreBack

How last Saturday can be remembered as anything less than perfect is beyond me.

This

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wembley people moving during game on 07:34 - May 30 with 3767 viewsLewes_r

Alas modern man cannot sit in one place for more than 20 mins without filling his face , texting or pissing/sh!tting

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Wembley people moving during game on 09:10 - May 30 with 3651 viewspaulparker

Bloke in front of me last week must have been very nervous, every 5 minutes he was back to the bogs or whatever , although after a brief chat with him he was pretty wired,
funny thing about last week was there was a young lad 3 rows in front who was standing up when an old boy behind started complaining the young lad squared up to the old boy which prompted the massive bloke in front of me to offer out the young lad
im thinking here we go again , then bang bobby scored and all these 3 who are about to have a ruck are all hugging, like I said before a surreal day

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wembley people moving during game on 09:45 - May 30 with 3608 viewsJuzzie

It's not just Wembley, it's at LR too.

I don't drink simply because I'd rather watch the game I spend a small fortune on rather than be in the bogs every 20 minutes. Oh and I drive too.
Wembley people moving during game on 10:01 - May 30 with 3572 viewsTHEBUSH

Wembley people moving during game on 23:52 - May 29 by carrotcrunch_R

I remember the times when u had the choice of standing or sitting at a game those were the days .

I agree, standing should be available for those who want to stand.

My son had a guy giving him stick for standing up, but that's the way he is, he hates sitting.

I do understand that the guy behind my son want's to see the game, but that's why standing area's should be brought back.
Wembley people moving during game on 10:23 - May 30 with 3549 viewsizlingtonhoop

I am a professional, in a highly responsible job, dealing with the public.
The fact that there is a place I can go and enjoy an entertainment, drink too much and behave mildly in a way that the rest of the time is deemed by society in general (rightly) unacceptable, meet my mates and let off steam, is one thing that keeps me sane.
If you want to sit quietly, go to the opera.
Wembley people moving during game on 10:31 - May 30 with 3530 viewsfrancisbowles

It was good natured, but we had a group of Zebedes' drinking bourbon miniatures like they were sodapop in front of us. I did feel sorry for the people who were behind us though as when we had to stand to see, they didn't seem able to.
Wembley people moving during game on 10:52 - May 30 with 3486 viewsDeano19766

Fcuk me jesus wept. We pay our money just as you do, so we can do what we like. I spent as long as possible at the bar. Don't care much for modern football but had a good craic with my old mates (who remain season ticket holders)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024