Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember Tony Fernandes 17:36 - Apr 9 with 6811 viewsRuislipHoop

Wonder why he,s so quiet, not much talk about the future recently. Bet he wishes he never got involved.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 17:39 - Apr 9 with 5131 viewsJigsore

I thought everyone wanted to shut up about the future and stop tweeting?

in reality he's probably busy with his, you know, profitable businesses

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Remember Tony Fernandes on 17:49 - Apr 9 with 5117 viewsRuislipHoop

He will need security next time he visits the uxbridge road or does everybody still think hes the best thing since sliced bread ???
Remember Tony Fernandes on 18:10 - Apr 9 with 5065 viewsqueensparkdanger

he has quit twitter..
Remember Tony Fernandes on 18:17 - Apr 9 with 5047 viewsMytch_QPR

If it's possible to feel sorry for a multimillionaire then I do where Tony is concerned. In hindsight he has tried to achieve success too quickly without a real structure or plan, and I think he has been badly advised.
It's a classic case of too much of a good thing - in this case it's money, and it's brought out the mercenaries. I think a really clear statement of intent would be a good thing once the season has ended.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Remember Tony Fernandes on 19:02 - Apr 9 with 4990 viewsstansleftfoot

I've been catching up with the conspiracy theorist who places the form of our players and the results gathered by Hughes and Redknapp at Fernandes feet.
David McIntyre76 thinks or knows that Fernandes made Redknapp get Benayoun and that many other players have arrived due to TF.
So for people who " hate " the Club owner that should add some fuel to their fire.
I should think TF is busy trying to work out whether the Malaysian Airplane Industry is going to collapse under the dubious circumstances of the loss and search for MH370...or if not collapse then no doubt the deep scrutiny and therefore an increase of costs.
I'd suggest that with a run of 5 games against sides we garnered 4 points from its all a bit late for news from Uncle Tony.
Down to HR and this group of players we call QPR!
Remember Tony Fernandes on 19:18 - Apr 9 with 4952 viewsFredManRave

We're making Caterham look good.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Remember Tony Fernandes on 19:35 - Apr 9 with 4910 viewsstansleftfoot

Caterham F1, Caterham Cars, Caterham Composites, Caterham Technology....the release of Caterhams joint venture Renault manufactured car is two years off.
The various cars are used across motor racing, the old Lotus 7 has been banned from racing worldwide as it's too quick.
The F1 team costs £65 million a year, almost the same as QPR, the potential is far more secure but TF has threatened to close the F1 team down unless they get up the grid....never publically stated that about QPR.
So it's not all " Nice " Uncle Tony.....I'm looking forward to the changes, because " change is gonna come "......
Remember Tony Fernandes on 19:39 - Apr 9 with 4902 viewsbosh67

I think TF has been guilty of being too soft, even now.

Hughes had been at City and Fulham and looked like he may do something but he was dreadful. HR was about to be England and then Ukraine national manager so we assumed he would be great here. But it feels like the passion flame blew out on Harry when he didn't get the England gig.

Both choices, at the time, looked like they may be solid.

However, TF is part of a much larger group and the area we will move to is a huge real-estate project for them. We are just a bit of it.

There may well be a complete change of direction and policy once the academy is built and operational.

We can give TF dogs abuse but what's the point? Does he want us to be a success? Yes. Is he making mistakes? Yes, big ones. He does make quite a few but I think next season, in the Championship, we may finally see the 'green shoots' of something that resembles a QPR we can be proud of.

That or he'll screw it up completely.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Remember Tony Fernandes on 19:59 - Apr 9 with 4868 viewsRuislipHoop

I don't want to abuse him and I don't lay all the blame at his door either but, when things are,nt going to well it would be good to see the captain at the helm, not 5000 miles away and if he cannot manage to be around then leave the ship in the capable hands of which he has,not done. What does wind me up is that he constantly talks about the long term goal, then puts in a policy which is nothing but short term and expects us all to swallow it. He will arrive in London in the next few weeks telling us all not to worry and back the manager blah blah blah, but he doesn't have to travel up and down the motorway every week to watch the the pile of rubbish that we all have to and for the majority lay out a small fortune for the pleasure.
Rant Over !!.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 19:59 - Apr 9 with 4867 viewsstansleftfoot

Remember Tony Fernandes on 19:39 - Apr 9 by bosh67

I think TF has been guilty of being too soft, even now.

Hughes had been at City and Fulham and looked like he may do something but he was dreadful. HR was about to be England and then Ukraine national manager so we assumed he would be great here. But it feels like the passion flame blew out on Harry when he didn't get the England gig.

Both choices, at the time, looked like they may be solid.

However, TF is part of a much larger group and the area we will move to is a huge real-estate project for them. We are just a bit of it.

There may well be a complete change of direction and policy once the academy is built and operational.

We can give TF dogs abuse but what's the point? Does he want us to be a success? Yes. Is he making mistakes? Yes, big ones. He does make quite a few but I think next season, in the Championship, we may finally see the 'green shoots' of something that resembles a QPR we can be proud of.

That or he'll screw it up completely.

yup, I'd be astonished if he fxcks up again, it may well be he is worse than a Chairman at the ground bothering the Manager on a daily basis face to face, his intrusions maybe by tweet, by email, by Phil Beard.
It might be hard for him to understand that you cannot buy success, so as we say change is gonna come, he must have worked it out now?
Somehow TF has made a club proud of its entertainment values both on the pitch and the boardroom a complete borefest, if i'd punted £177 Million in 30 months it would have least given 20K loyal fans some fun.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 20:05 - Apr 9 with 4849 viewsRuislipHoop

That is part of my rant, he doesn't have to watch it. At wot point will he realise the paying public are not happy with what there watching. I like many others are not bothered what division we are in, I go to watch us hopefully win but most of all to be entertained.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 20:12 - Apr 9 with 4827 viewsQPR_John

Remember Tony Fernandes on 19:02 - Apr 9 by stansleftfoot

I've been catching up with the conspiracy theorist who places the form of our players and the results gathered by Hughes and Redknapp at Fernandes feet.
David McIntyre76 thinks or knows that Fernandes made Redknapp get Benayoun and that many other players have arrived due to TF.
So for people who " hate " the Club owner that should add some fuel to their fire.
I should think TF is busy trying to work out whether the Malaysian Airplane Industry is going to collapse under the dubious circumstances of the loss and search for MH370...or if not collapse then no doubt the deep scrutiny and therefore an increase of costs.
I'd suggest that with a run of 5 games against sides we garnered 4 points from its all a bit late for news from Uncle Tony.

"David McIntyre76 thinks or knows that Fernandes made Redknapp get Benayoun and that many other players have arrived due to TF. "

Be nice then if he gave more details on how he is in possession of such information
Remember Tony Fernandes on 21:08 - Apr 9 with 4725 viewsstansleftfoot

Remember Tony Fernandes on 20:12 - Apr 9 by QPR_John

"David McIntyre76 thinks or knows that Fernandes made Redknapp get Benayoun and that many other players have arrived due to TF. "

Be nice then if he gave more details on how he is in possession of such information

He's very coy, our QPR journo....don't like it....always firing accusations but never any evidence.....I can invent enough without this Dude!
Remember Tony Fernandes on 21:11 - Apr 9 with 4718 viewsMonahoop

Remember Tony Fernandes on 18:17 - Apr 9 by Mytch_QPR

If it's possible to feel sorry for a multimillionaire then I do where Tony is concerned. In hindsight he has tried to achieve success too quickly without a real structure or plan, and I think he has been badly advised.
It's a classic case of too much of a good thing - in this case it's money, and it's brought out the mercenaries. I think a really clear statement of intent would be a good thing once the season has ended.

Who's advising him then? Why is he letting himself take poor advice? He's supposed to be an astute business man after all. Surely he can smell a rat. Perhaps he is not astute enough as he thinks he is in the dirty business of football which as we all know is full of vermin.

Good post though.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Remember Tony Fernandes on 13:06 - Apr 10 with 4549 viewsR_from_afar

Remember Tony Fernandes on 19:59 - Apr 9 by RuislipHoop

I don't want to abuse him and I don't lay all the blame at his door either but, when things are,nt going to well it would be good to see the captain at the helm, not 5000 miles away and if he cannot manage to be around then leave the ship in the capable hands of which he has,not done. What does wind me up is that he constantly talks about the long term goal, then puts in a policy which is nothing but short term and expects us all to swallow it. He will arrive in London in the next few weeks telling us all not to worry and back the manager blah blah blah, but he doesn't have to travel up and down the motorway every week to watch the the pile of rubbish that we all have to and for the majority lay out a small fortune for the pleasure.
Rant Over !!.

I fully acknowledge that TF has made mistakes but it is oh so easy for us fans to say that in hindsight. Not many of us screamed that Hughes and Redknapp were duff appointments when they first came on board.

Remember that neither Fernandes nor anyone else *has* to invest in Rangers and that currently, there is no alternative to Tony and his fellow investors. Without major investment, like any other club, we would be limping along at a very low level, perhaps League 2 or below. Football has become avery expensive business, whether we like it or not.

That said, we are crying out for a Director of Football, someone who can be a constant while managers come and go, as they invariably do. Would Warnock fit the bill?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Remember Tony Fernandes on 13:17 - Apr 10 with 4504 viewsrrrspricey

Remember Tony Fernandes on 13:06 - Apr 10 by R_from_afar

I fully acknowledge that TF has made mistakes but it is oh so easy for us fans to say that in hindsight. Not many of us screamed that Hughes and Redknapp were duff appointments when they first came on board.

Remember that neither Fernandes nor anyone else *has* to invest in Rangers and that currently, there is no alternative to Tony and his fellow investors. Without major investment, like any other club, we would be limping along at a very low level, perhaps League 2 or below. Football has become avery expensive business, whether we like it or not.

That said, we are crying out for a Director of Football, someone who can be a constant while managers come and go, as they invariably do. Would Warnock fit the bill?

RFA

I agree RFA, particularly around a DOF.

Those that bemoan the fact that TF has fcuked this or that up need to consider what position we'd be in or even if the would be a "we" if it weren't for him
Remember Tony Fernandes on 14:10 - Apr 10 with 4426 viewsMatch82

Remember Tony Fernandes on 13:06 - Apr 10 by R_from_afar

RFA

I think the prevailing (but not unanimous) opinion on Redknapp coming in was that he was a good short term manager to steady the ship and possibly keep us up, but the concern was that he was motivated exclusively by short term goals and would have no interest in the longer term well-being of the club.

On the whole, I think that's probably been a pretty fair assessment.
I don't think we put up much of a fight last year after his appointment, but when the details of just how divided and polluted the dressing room was came to light, I'm not sure how many managers actually would have achieved anything with that bunch of mercenaries. And if we consider expectations at the start of the year, 4th is actually a pretty decent position if we JUST look at the league table.

But that's the point. The degree to which he's disregarded the long term has been surprising, and very concerning. Along with the style of football, and some of the tactical decisions, I think this is the main reason why we're all pessimistic about this season despite sitting 4th in the table.

Personally I think we need to part ways this summer whether we go up or not - I'd like to see someone with an eye to the longer term in charge to set us up for the future.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 14:39 - Apr 10 with 4383 viewsAntti_Heinola

Dave Mc does talk some nonsense sometimes. Redknapp went on and on about signing him all the time in the press, clearly hinting the board weren't moving fast enough. But Dave thinks the board are responsible for the Ukraine crisis too.

Bare bones.

Remember Tony Fernandes on 14:42 - Apr 10 with 4371 viewsdoogi55

it aint a wonder why he quit twitter
Remember Tony Fernandes on 15:17 - Apr 10 with 4346 viewsdaveB

I think it was the other way round with Benayoun, Redknapp wanted him but Fernandes was not sure.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 15:28 - Apr 10 with 4324 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remember Tony Fernandes on 15:17 - Apr 10 by daveB

I think it was the other way round with Benayoun, Redknapp wanted him but Fernandes was not sure.

that makes more sense!

Bare bones.

Remember Tony Fernandes on 15:30 - Apr 10 with 4316 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm delighted he's being discreet. Much better.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Remember Tony Fernandes on 15:50 - Apr 10 with 4284 viewsPunteR

Remember Tony Fernandes on 15:30 - Apr 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm delighted he's being discreet. Much better.

+1
I really hope he's working his gonads off behind the scenes sorting out next season.
If he gets it wrong I'm gonna have to get myself another pastime. Painting water colours, or learning jazz flute.
drug taking at raves is no longer an option.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Remember Tony Fernandes on 16:27 - Apr 10 with 4229 viewspaulparker

Remember Tony Fernandes on 15:50 - Apr 10 by PunteR

+1
I really hope he's working his gonads off behind the scenes sorting out next season.
If he gets it wrong I'm gonna have to get myself another pastime. Painting water colours, or learning jazz flute.
drug taking at raves is no longer an option.

Jazz eh NICE !!!

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Remember Tony Fernandes on 16:48 - Apr 10 with 4206 viewsDiscodroid

Remember Tony Fernandes on 16:27 - Apr 10 by paulparker

Jazz eh NICE !!!

hehehe,

i find writing letters of complaint to the daily mail regarding child molesting bulgarian gypsys , killing animals in london zoo for food, despite having no evidence whatsoever , makes for an excellent pastime , or substitution if you will , for having the time of my life in progressive house establishments up and down the country while riding, (silver surfer style) the euphoric crest of 3 micky mills.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2014 16:49]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024