Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remember Tony Fernandes 17:36 - Apr 9 with 6814 viewsRuislipHoop

Wonder why he,s so quiet, not much talk about the future recently. Bet he wishes he never got involved.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 17:21 - Apr 10 with 1748 viewsPunteR

Remember Tony Fernandes on 16:27 - Apr 10 by paulparker

Jazz eh NICE !!!

I was thinking along the lines of...

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Remember Tony Fernandes on 21:42 - Apr 10 with 1681 viewsDave_Mc

Remember Tony Fernandes on 14:39 - Apr 10 by Antti_Heinola

Dave Mc does talk some nonsense sometimes. Redknapp went on and on about signing him all the time in the press, clearly hinting the board weren't moving fast enough. But Dave thinks the board are responsible for the Ukraine crisis too.

Rarely post (mercifully for you all) especially to respond to a bit of stick but as this is pretty tame, why not. I said no such thing about the Benayoun deal. Quite the opposite actually - I said the the board had misgivings.

There are some cheeky monkeys on here.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 21:56 - Apr 10 with 1654 viewsRuislipHoop

The main point of my thread was TF is constantly telling us he or the directors or whoever own the club are moving us forward to a brighter future.In the three years TF has been at the club I don't feel we have moved forward at all.Who was the last youth team player to make the grade,who will be the next one to come through ??,what is happening at warren farm ?? the talk of a new ground is pie in the sky,two managers and a raft of players who are overrated and overpaid on long term contracts.
If this was my company I don't think I would call this building for the future or am I missing something.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 22:20 - Apr 10 with 1628 viewsRBlock

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/fascinating-financial-blogger-swissramble-brea

Good breakdown of last years prem finances, we all know they were terrible but gives some perspective. Only 6 clubs paid more in wages.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 09:22 - Apr 11 with 1567 viewsR_from_afar

Remember Tony Fernandes on 21:42 - Apr 10 by Dave_Mc

Rarely post (mercifully for you all) especially to respond to a bit of stick but as this is pretty tame, why not. I said no such thing about the Benayoun deal. Quite the opposite actually - I said the the board had misgivings.

Dave, I say this with no hint of sarcasm and I am not intending to be sycophantic, but thanks for covering our football club. I find your coverage insightful, esp. the recently stuff about the "bigger picture" for our investors in terms of the new stadium complex.

While you are here, as it were, any views on our finances? You are closer to the club than most of us. Fines, transfer embargoes; the rumour mill is white hot.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Remember Tony Fernandes on 09:36 - Apr 11 with 1563 viewsrobith

Remember Tony Fernandes on 15:30 - Apr 10 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm delighted he's being discreet. Much better.

Agreed. He's got some faults but he can't win can he

YOU TALK TOO MUCH ABOUT STUFF ON TWITTER!!!!!

*Fernandes stops tweeting*

TONY'S STOPPED TWEETING< WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM, PROBABLY QUITTING, WHAT A NOB
Remember Tony Fernandes on 10:15 - Apr 11 with 1549 viewsAntti_Heinola

Remember Tony Fernandes on 21:42 - Apr 10 by Dave_Mc

Massive apologies Dave - was responding to someone else's point. even for you I thought that was a bit far-fetched ;)
I am embarrassed and a bit ashamed. Sorry mate.
But you do blame Beard for being Putin's lapdog, right?

Bare bones.

Remember Tony Fernandes on 10:36 - Apr 11 with 1527 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Remember Tony Fernandes on 09:22 - Apr 11 by R_from_afar

Dave, I say this with no hint of sarcasm and I am not intending to be sycophantic, but thanks for covering our football club. I find your coverage insightful, esp. the recently stuff about the "bigger picture" for our investors in terms of the new stadium complex.

While you are here, as it were, any views on our finances? You are closer to the club than most of us. Fines, transfer embargoes; the rumour mill is white hot.

RFA

Seconded. And thirded too.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Remember Tony Fernandes on 13:18 - Apr 11 with 1487 viewsSpiritofGregory

Remember Tony Fernandes on 13:06 - Apr 10 by R_from_afar

I fully acknowledge that TF has made mistakes but it is oh so easy for us fans to say that in hindsight. Not many of us screamed that Hughes and Redknapp were duff appointments when they first came on board.

Remember that neither Fernandes nor anyone else *has* to invest in Rangers and that currently, there is no alternative to Tony and his fellow investors. Without major investment, like any other club, we would be limping along at a very low level, perhaps League 2 or below. Football has become avery expensive business, whether we like it or not.

That said, we are crying out for a Director of Football, someone who can be a constant while managers come and go, as they invariably do. Would Warnock fit the bill?

RFA

Tango and Cash must have thought Christmas had come early when Tony and his mates showed up. Had they not T & C would of had to accept Mittal's offer.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 13:21 - Apr 11 with 1482 viewsFDC

Remember Tony Fernandes on 10:36 - Apr 11 by BrianMcCarthy

Seconded. And thirded too.

+1 from me, I've always found Dave Mc's coverage to be a usefully grounded counterpoint to message board hyperbole
Remember Tony Fernandes on 15:57 - Apr 11 with 1425 viewsDave_Mc

Don't be daft Antti. Not a big deal at all.

Cheers for kind comments. You flatter me. R from Afar, difficult to say. There's been a lot of speculation about the finances but as long as the chairman keeps getting the money in from Malaysia there shouldn't be too much of a problem in the short term given the resources available. Obviously no amount of money or enthusiasm is finite though.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 16:29 - Apr 11 with 1392 viewsGloucs_R

Come on Dave, do you PERSONALLY think that Harry will be here next season? If not, do you think the Zola rumour has legs?

Poll: Are we staying up?

Remember Tony Fernandes on 17:02 - Apr 11 with 1377 viewsDave_Mc

Haha. No I don't, and I think Malky Mackay's more likely to be offered it.
Remember Tony Fernandes on 18:27 - Apr 11 with 1330 viewsGloucs_R

Remember Tony Fernandes on 17:02 - Apr 11 by Dave_Mc

Haha. No I don't, and I think Malky Mackay's more likely to be offered it.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Remember Tony Fernandes on 18:45 - Apr 11 with 1322 viewsstansleftfoot

My apologies Dave Mc, but I guess it's a matter of trying to make sense of chaotic behaviour. If I misunderstood your point I apologise, I think as you say, TF is going to find it hard to find a Football partner to run the Club, the Benayoun signing seems crazy....football being weird will probably make Yossi our promotion hero.

I quote you from your blog, directly. It is difficult as your writing technique does let you down but in summary you seem to think that Tony Fernandes has been caught between a rock and a hard place and Harry has used the threat of relegation whilst in the top three or four places to get Tony Fernandes to sign Yossi Benayoun. This you see as more of a continuing process of 'nonesense', I have, perhaps mistakenly, extended this to make Fernandes at fault and therefore to blame. I mistakenly make this your claim.

"More recently, Fernandes has found himself between a rock and a hard place.

Having listened to Redknapp’s view that another relegation loomed (a view I absolutely shared and would stand by) unless the board piped down and let him steer the ship, what was Fernandes to do when the manager and short-term strategy he was tied to demanded yet more players be brought in? Stop backing him mid-season?

And so the nonsense, in the shape of Yossi Benayoun and others, has continued, and Rangers, as many fans have observed, don’t look that much different to the overpaid rabble that shamed the club last season.

The bottom line though is that Fernandes, as chairman, is responsible for this. I’ve always believed his unwavering popularity meant he’d have to get through a few managers and maybe one or two CEOs before this became the accepted view, though.

There is an alternative view to the one that says Fernandes has put his money in, backed the club to the hilt, and is basically a fantastic chairman the club are incredibly lucky to have"

Keep up the good work! Keep us all informed....don't hide up!
[Post edited 11 Apr 2014 19:20]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024