Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road support 12:04 - Feb 25 with 7263 viewsBeckenhamhoop

I’d quite understand that a match involving any team placed 22nd in the table against the team at the bottom would be a rather depressing prospect. The fact the Loftus Road was sold out, the place was rocking and we were fully behind the team (and have been for quite some time now despite deep moments of frustration and anxiety) is pretty remarkable.
It’s support like that that lifts a team and contributes to success.

I’d say our support deserves a big pat on the back. Well done everyone.
Loftus Road support on 23:30 - Feb 25 with 1833 viewsHastings_Hoops

Loftus Road support on 19:51 - Feb 25 by Beckenhamhoop

I recently heard an argument that footballs VAR should be run a bit more like reviews in Cricket; basically the ref runs the game with no interference from VAR unless the team Capt requests a review on a decision. Each Capt gets a max of two reviews a game. Successful reviews could be retained as per Cricket. This would introduce a tactical element to the game as to whether or not to review and leaves the rest of the game to run as normal. I think it’s not a bad idea in principle.

Posted this exact thing a few times on this board. Makes absolute sense to me.

Should also reduce matches to 35/40 mins each way, project the refs stopwatch onto the big screen and stop the clock whenever the ball isn’t in play.
Loftus Road support on 23:33 - Feb 25 with 1824 viewsLongsufferingR

Loftus Road support on 21:26 - Feb 25 by lassel

And worse football is being controlled by the way Howard Webb wants the rules interpreted which would be concerning enough if Webb himself hadn’t spent the vast majority of his career applying the rules in what can kindly be described as a ‘questionable’ manner.

It could only be worse if they’d given the role to Clattenburg.

I won't have a word said against Clattenburg! Promotion day at Hillsborough and playoff semi wins v Oldham and Wigan expertly handled from my rose tinted point of view.
Loftus Road support on 10:00 - Feb 26 with 1583 viewsstowmarketrange

Loftus Road support on 20:43 - Feb 25 by VancouverHoop

That's pretty much how VAR works in the NFL, and CFL, too. Coaches get up to two appeals on a field decision. If they're wrong based on video review they lose a time-out. No one off the field of play gets to decide whether there will be a review.

That's the biggest problem in football. If the call for a replay came from a team bench, rather than the on, or off, field officials. And there were penalties for a failed decision — like, say, losing a substitution — then we'd see less of it.

Unfortunately all the coaches/managers have tv screens in the dugouts now that would affect whether they should appeal or not.
Loftus Road support on 10:16 - Feb 26 with 1544 viewslassel

Loftus Road support on 23:33 - Feb 25 by LongsufferingR

I won't have a word said against Clattenburg! Promotion day at Hillsborough and playoff semi wins v Oldham and Wigan expertly handled from my rose tinted point of view.

Presumably he had a few quid out in Asia riding on it….
Loftus Road support on 10:54 - Feb 26 with 1424 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Loftus Road support on 14:08 - Feb 25 by Northernr

That's almost always the case. The chats in the Crown pre- and post games are completely different in tone, mood, topic etc than the ones you read online, particularly Twitter where the priorities are signings, signings, signings and saying the most OTT, angry and/or contrary thing you can for clout.

Sadly football increasingly feels like a sport prioritising those at home over those in the ground, and the discourse is lead and dominated by those who weren't, and never are, at the actual games.

As I said in a piece the other week, Mark Goldbridge is basically the biggest individual social media personality in the sport in this country now, turning over a small fortune, selling out theatres for live shows. A guy with an intensely annoying voice, chatting what is universally seen to be complete rubbish, about Manchester United - a team he never goes to see play, and doesn't support.

I'm not saying if you don't go you cannot/shouldn't have an opinion - I wouldn't have much of a message board in that case and one of the best things about this place is it brings together QPR fans from all over the world to share opinions and the love of the club. Football is extortionately expensive to follow in person, no longer a working class pursuit, so I'm in no way looking down on people who don't go or only go seldomly, for whatever reason. I'm more sticking up for the people who do. It just feels like, increasingly, the sport is not for those in the ground. The way VAR is executed is a great example of this.

After Stoke last week I actually saw the people who'd been at the game and were angry described as "who cares what a few hobbyists think".

This post has been edited by an administrator

Wait - Goldbridge sells out theatres? So not only do people prefer to watch some weirdo watching a match, they actually pay money to hear him talk about matches they've watched him watching. Mind blown.
[Post edited 26 Feb 10:56]
Loftus Road support on 14:24 - Feb 26 with 1285 viewsDavieQPR

Modern technology has no answer to crass stupidity.
Loftus Road support on 15:10 - Feb 26 with 1193 viewslassel

Loftus Road support on 10:54 - Feb 26 by Wegerles_Stairs

Wait - Goldbridge sells out theatres? So not only do people prefer to watch some weirdo watching a match, they actually pay money to hear him talk about matches they've watched him watching. Mind blown.
[Post edited 26 Feb 10:56]

Goldbridge - real name Brent DiCesare - has over £3m in cash in his companies at their last reporting period…
Loftus Road support on 15:19 - Feb 26 with 1160 viewsnumptydumpty

Loftus Road support on 15:10 - Feb 26 by lassel

Goldbridge - real name Brent DiCesare - has over £3m in cash in his companies at their last reporting period…

Fair play to him but shows some of the madder ways people can make big money on the Internet

Guilty am afraid but I did watch his analysis of the Liverpool 7 Man Utd 0 game. Was quite amusing.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road support on 15:23 - Feb 26 with 1156 viewsnumptydumpty

Yes certainly a much more positive atmosphere at home games and away games in person than online. Some people on here seem to get a perverse enjoyment when things go t*ts up in games in a way that you only hear from a very small minority that actually attend matches.

Have been very impressed myself by our support but in a way the games are more worthy of attending than when we play out seasons comfortably in sixteenth place. Hence increased crowd numbers.
[Post edited 26 Feb 15:24]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Loftus Road support on 15:25 - Feb 26 with 1151 viewslassel

Loftus Road support on 15:19 - Feb 26 by numptydumpty

Fair play to him but shows some of the madder ways people can make big money on the Internet

Guilty am afraid but I did watch his analysis of the Liverpool 7 Man Utd 0 game. Was quite amusing.

It’s genius really…

DiCesare an admitted Forest fan posts absolute bollocks about United online and retires to bed in his mansion. People working a 9-5 retweet his nonsense around calling him a bellend whilst paying for said mansion.

Who is the real bellend in the scenario.
Loftus Road support on 15:33 - Feb 26 with 1139 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Loftus Road support on 15:10 - Feb 26 by lassel

Jesus.
Loftus Road support on 15:38 - Feb 26 with 1130 viewsNorthernr

Meet @UtdTrey.
1 million followers.
First Man Utd game - this weekend. Paid for by Marcus Rashford.

Loftus Road support on 16:02 - Feb 26 with 1067 viewsslmrstid

Loftus Road support on 15:38 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Meet @UtdTrey.
1 million followers.

Mental.
Loftus Road support on 16:16 - Feb 26 with 1050 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Loftus Road support on 15:38 - Feb 26 by Northernr

Meet @UtdTrey.
1 million followers.

Classy pinned tweet he has there. Clearly a Gen Z Richard Keys.
Loftus Road support on 17:20 - Feb 26 with 948 viewsNed_Kennedys

Loftus Road support on 22:24 - Feb 25 by RsinWales

Definitely for the ref. He'd made a few odd decisions in the run-up to half time and it was directed at him imho.

Thought it was for our first half display: we were playing badly and losing to the bottom placed team in a must win match. Referee had a good game.
Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'BeGambleAware' Logo for 'GamStop' Gambling 18+
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024