Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED 18:01 - Nov 6 with 41311 viewsKeithHaynes

It starts here.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58939

Wales' World Cup squad

Wales squad in full:

Goalkeepers: Wayne Hennessey, Danny Ward, Adam Davies.

Defenders: Ben Davies, Ben Cabango, Tom Lockyer, Joe Rodon, Chris Mepham, Ethan Ampadu, Chris Gunter, Neco Williams, Connor Roberts, Sorba Thomas.

Midfielders: Joe Allen, Matt Smith, Dylan Levitt, Joe Morrell, Jonny Williams, Aaron Ramsey.

Attackers: Harry Wilson, Rubin Colwill, Gareth Bale, Kieffer Moore, Mark Harris, Brennan Johnson, Daniel James.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/58973

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 09:05 - Nov 15 with 2210 viewsonehunglow

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 08:09 - Nov 15 by jack247

I’m going.

It’s the first time Wales have qualified in my lifetime and for all I know may be the last. This could easily be my only opportunity to support my country in a World Cup.

I’d have gone anywhere in the world for it, regardless of politics, draconian regimes or anything else. Wales being there supersedes all that for me.

Bologna? I’d boycott it too in their position!

Honest and I respect that .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 14:43 - Nov 15 with 2142 viewsSTID2017

Looking forward to seeing Wales in the WC.
For that reason it should feel special.
All the understandable negativity surrounding it plus holding it in the middle of winter has tinged it for me.
Had it been almost anywhere else I would have loved to be there even without match tickets

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 14:55 - Nov 15 with 2135 viewsonehunglow

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 14:43 - Nov 15 by STID2017

Looking forward to seeing Wales in the WC.
For that reason it should feel special.
All the understandable negativity surrounding it plus holding it in the middle of winter has tinged it for me.
Had it been almost anywhere else I would have loved to be there even without match tickets

Agreed.
It should never have been destined to be there.
There was enough time for football to say no.
It didn’t

Visiting there is down to the individual as it was with apartheid South Africa. “ only there for sport” ,although like Neville ,some did say they wanted to see for themselves what it was like

The fact Wales qualified is irrelevant ,or should be

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 20:20 - Nov 15 with 2081 viewstrampie

Too much fuss over the Qataris laws on homosexuality, in context of what has gone on before, England hosted the World cup when it was illegal to be a homosexual, although they keep that one very quiet.

The Germans hosted the Olympics in 1936, the English national team played the Germans in 1938 just after the Germans had annexed Austria with the English players notoriously doing the Nazi salute.

The Russians have hosted the Olympics in recent years and the World cup the Chinese have hosted both the summer and winter Olympics in recent years.
USA had the Olympics just after Grenada.

The best outcome for the World is that little old Wales beat the English and the Yanks and the Iranians.

Come on Wales.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 21:49 - Nov 15 with 2043 viewsReslovenSwan1

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 20:20 - Nov 15 by trampie

Too much fuss over the Qataris laws on homosexuality, in context of what has gone on before, England hosted the World cup when it was illegal to be a homosexual, although they keep that one very quiet.

The Germans hosted the Olympics in 1936, the English national team played the Germans in 1938 just after the Germans had annexed Austria with the English players notoriously doing the Nazi salute.

The Russians have hosted the Olympics in recent years and the World cup the Chinese have hosted both the summer and winter Olympics in recent years.
USA had the Olympics just after Grenada.

The best outcome for the World is that little old Wales beat the English and the Yanks and the Iranians.

Come on Wales.

If players want to protest stay at home. Not one player has made a stand.

Qatar could comment on the lack of rights for the unborn child in the UK as a counter argument. Some might argue it is a very important civil right. USA is moving in that direction.

Qatar should give respect to worker lost during the construction in oppressive conditions. They have the money with oil and gas at record highs for pay compensation for all lives lost and pay up on contractual disputes leading to non payment of poorly paid workers. I have not tread anything about this.

A $100m ring fenced fund would allow for $10,000 for each worker death. They have invested billions and this gesture would improve the image of this tainted tournament. it is a drop in the ocean for Qatar who have $60,000,000,000 trade surplus in 2021. The payment would be 0.1% of the trade surplus.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 21:58]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 22:53 - Nov 15 with 2003 viewsbuilthjack

What awful outfits the Welsh boys have had to wear.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 12:31 - Nov 16 with 1933 viewsKeithHaynes

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 22:53 - Nov 15 by builthjack

What awful outfits the Welsh boys have had to wear.

M&S all available in their website by all accounts for less than £130.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 13:58 - Nov 16 with 1892 viewsonehunglow

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 21:49 - Nov 15 by ReslovenSwan1

If players want to protest stay at home. Not one player has made a stand.

Qatar could comment on the lack of rights for the unborn child in the UK as a counter argument. Some might argue it is a very important civil right. USA is moving in that direction.

Qatar should give respect to worker lost during the construction in oppressive conditions. They have the money with oil and gas at record highs for pay compensation for all lives lost and pay up on contractual disputes leading to non payment of poorly paid workers. I have not tread anything about this.

A $100m ring fenced fund would allow for $10,000 for each worker death. They have invested billions and this gesture would improve the image of this tainted tournament. it is a drop in the ocean for Qatar who have $60,000,000,000 trade surplus in 2021. The payment would be 0.1% of the trade surplus.
[Post edited 15 Nov 2022 21:58]

Good post

Login to get fewer ads

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 17:07 - Nov 16 with 1849 viewsbritferry

Its started already, today's BBC news coverage came from the England training ground.

Wales got a mention, our players had gone out in to the community to meet a group of kids, if it had been Kane & Co, the BBC would have been all over it.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 17:16 - Nov 16 with 1840 viewsonehunglow

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 17:07 - Nov 16 by britferry

Its started already, today's BBC news coverage came from the England training ground.

Wales got a mention, our players had gone out in to the community to meet a group of kids, if it had been Kane & Co, the BBC would have been all over it.

It did get mentioned though
I’m sure I. Welsh Wales,it’s mentioned more because more Welsh will be interested in Wales .
In England the converse is true l
I mean, in our local Aldi,all I can see is England merch.
Not a Welsh flag even

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 18:34 - Nov 16 with 1808 viewstrampie

Feeling more bullish the last week or so about Wales, initially I was bearish but the form of our players has picked up recently.

Ward gone from one of the worst keepers in the prem to one of the best, clean sheet after clean sheet, Ben Davies goal on the weekend, Connor Roberts rested against arch rivals to avoid injury (so it seems) his team top the league, Keifer Moore been in the goals recently, Dan James scored on the weekend, Harry Wilson back as first choice after injury for his team, Ramsey two back to back 90 minutes for his team (when was the last time he managed that), Bale scores to win the title/cup whatever it was for his team, Jonista getting good reviews, Levitt getting good review, Allen hoping to be back from injury in time, Hennessy clean sheet against the England centre forward the other day, I've heard Ampadu and Rodon doing well abroad, Mepham doing well in recent weeks, suspended (conveniently for us on the weekend - cough), two players that were fancied to do well in the prem Nico and B.Johnson haven't set the world on fire but they are good players doing ok.

Things are looking up from a Welsh perspective imo compared to just 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 15:02 - Nov 17 with 1709 viewsKeithHaynes

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 18:34 - Nov 16 by trampie

Feeling more bullish the last week or so about Wales, initially I was bearish but the form of our players has picked up recently.

Ward gone from one of the worst keepers in the prem to one of the best, clean sheet after clean sheet, Ben Davies goal on the weekend, Connor Roberts rested against arch rivals to avoid injury (so it seems) his team top the league, Keifer Moore been in the goals recently, Dan James scored on the weekend, Harry Wilson back as first choice after injury for his team, Ramsey two back to back 90 minutes for his team (when was the last time he managed that), Bale scores to win the title/cup whatever it was for his team, Jonista getting good reviews, Levitt getting good review, Allen hoping to be back from injury in time, Hennessy clean sheet against the England centre forward the other day, I've heard Ampadu and Rodon doing well abroad, Mepham doing well in recent weeks, suspended (conveniently for us on the weekend - cough), two players that were fancied to do well in the prem Nico and B.Johnson haven't set the world on fire but they are good players doing ok.

Things are looking up from a Welsh perspective imo compared to just 2 or 3 weeks ago.

Obviously not exact positionally but I reckon this some could be the English.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 19:01 - Nov 17 with 1663 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Found this and thought it was interesting. Impressive numbers for the PL, Championship, and even the USA's MLS.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 10:29 - Nov 18 with 1535 viewstheloneranger

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 11:45 - Nov 18 with 1510 viewsKeithHaynes

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 10:29 - Nov 18 by theloneranger

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59023/the-blood-on-the-h

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 12:32 - Nov 18 with 1482 viewsonehunglow

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 11:45 - Nov 18 by KeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59023/the-blood-on-the-h

Frankly,one tournament I d be glad not to get out of group stage
Let the hypocrites and virtue signallers drown in their own cess pit.
Rainbow armbands then
Is Harry Kane going to explain what this signifies then,at a live interview in Qatar .

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 18:47 - Nov 18 with 1399 viewscockett_jack

Not expecting much of Wales in this tournament. Real danger of finishing 4th in the group.
Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 18:56 - Nov 18 with 1388 viewsKeithHaynes

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 18:47 - Nov 18 by cockett_jack

Not expecting much of Wales in this tournament. Real danger of finishing 4th in the group.

Could well be mate, everyone is underestimating Iran especially. England winless in six, Wales nit in great form from the nations league. USA no mugs and have top flight players, as do Iran. But nobody is taking that in to consideration.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 18:59 - Nov 18 with 1386 viewshobo

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 12:32 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

Frankly,one tournament I d be glad not to get out of group stage
Let the hypocrites and virtue signallers drown in their own cess pit.
Rainbow armbands then
Is Harry Kane going to explain what this signifies then,at a live interview in Qatar .

These teams allowing themselves to be distracted by off the field 'issues' are going to get steamrolled by those countries who are fully focused on the task at hand - football
Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 20:04 - Nov 18 with 1358 viewsonehunglow

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 18:59 - Nov 18 by hobo

These teams allowing themselves to be distracted by off the field 'issues' are going to get steamrolled by those countries who are fully focused on the task at hand - football

Yep,Iran won’t be arsed at all about human rights,migrant deaths and homophobia .
Iran v Wales is bad enough but in this tin pot State is sick.

In a way, I hope we do not qualify and get the fark out of there and our players stay fit and healthy .

They will be playing in a sporting vacuum

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 20:11 - Nov 18 with 1357 viewsbennytheblue

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 18:56 - Nov 18 by KeithHaynes

Could well be mate, everyone is underestimating Iran especially. England winless in six, Wales nit in great form from the nations league. USA no mugs and have top flight players, as do Iran. But nobody is taking that in to consideration.

It’s almost like it’s not happening, can’t get excited about this at all. 2016 was a totally different beast.
Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 20:11 - Nov 18 with 1355 viewsKeithHaynes

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 20:04 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

Yep,Iran won’t be arsed at all about human rights,migrant deaths and homophobia .

In a way, I hope we do not qualify and get the fark out of there and our players stay fit and healthy .

Wales group poses many problems not least all four teams are in the top 20 I was told today.
DLT hosting.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 20:13 - Nov 18 with 1353 viewshobo

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 20:04 - Nov 18 by onehunglow

My point exactly. Hopefully our players are a lot more mature and have their heads switched on
Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 20:19 - Nov 18 with 1347 viewsKeithHaynes

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 20:11 - Nov 18 by bennytheblue

It’s almost like it’s not happening, can’t get excited about this at all. 2016 was a totally different beast.

The fact there were thousands of us ( us ) and it was so close to the uk helped, first competition as well for ever.

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 21:19 - Nov 18 with 1317 viewsonehunglow

Qatar 2022 : The World Cup Thread UPDATED on 20:11 - Nov 18 by KeithHaynes

Wales group poses many problems not least all four teams are in the top 20 I was told today.
DLT hosting.

Dave Lee Travis

Ye Gods

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024