Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Watching Forest tonight 20:36 - Oct 10 with 4563 viewsKeithHaynes

I can see why their fans are frustrated, it’s similar in a lot of ways to when Cooper was at Swansea. The obvious passes being missed, frantic determination on the ball. Credit to then, god loves a trier.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Watching Forest tonight on 08:54 - Oct 12 with 748 viewsjack247

Watching Forest tonight on 08:40 - Oct 12 by Dr_Parnassus

Because you are stating I am biased, by giving a common sense view you also agree with.

Again you stating I stand up for him doesn’t equate to bias. You would have to show me how my view is superfluous, something you haven’t even attempted to do (because it isn’t).

But you do have history of bias against Cooper so I understand why you are taking this view. I remember you pretending he was touting himself out to clubs, then you eventually had to back down after being asked for examples, you also used to make claims of “bottling”, “failing” and a whole load of stuff.

If I remember rightly it was you being called out for your anti Cooper stances that led you to leaving the site for a while. Right?

Where did you get that from?

I took quite a long break because I was working from home and spending too much time on here when I should have been working. It was too much of a distraction.

I’m ambivalent towards him. I actually wanted him to stay when there was lots of speculation over his future. I criticised and praised him plenty when he was here and said last season he went up in my estimation when he went to Forest and found success playing more attractive football.

I did think he was touting himself out that summer, still do. I couldn’t find any direct quotes of course, it happens all the time in football, it was just common sense. Can you find any quotes stating he is unhappy with the amount of players brought in over the summer, or are you just applying common sense?
Watching Forest tonight on 09:15 - Oct 12 with 718 viewsDr_Parnassus

Watching Forest tonight on 08:54 - Oct 12 by jack247

Where did you get that from?

I took quite a long break because I was working from home and spending too much time on here when I should have been working. It was too much of a distraction.

I’m ambivalent towards him. I actually wanted him to stay when there was lots of speculation over his future. I criticised and praised him plenty when he was here and said last season he went up in my estimation when he went to Forest and found success playing more attractive football.

I did think he was touting himself out that summer, still do. I couldn’t find any direct quotes of course, it happens all the time in football, it was just common sense. Can you find any quotes stating he is unhappy with the amount of players brought in over the summer, or are you just applying common sense?

It may have been coincidence but it certainly seemed that way. In my view that’s just common sense when looking at the evidence.

Like I said, if you disagree with my common sense suggestions then feel free to explain why. As it stands all you are saying is I’m biased simply because I stand up for him.

Until you offer a reasonable retort to my views, you can’t suggest they are biased, especially not if you agree with them as you appear to do.

Touting himself out is a silly suggestion and as far from common sense as you could get. They approached the club to speak to him, it’s documented. To just allude he instigated it based on nothing at all is just weird.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Watching Forest tonight on 09:28 - Oct 12 with 713 viewsSTID2017

Watching Forest tonight on 08:35 - Oct 12 by jack247

No idea why you think I’m whinging, bring argumentative or getting annoyed to be honest.

I’m just pointing out that whatever happens with Cooper, you’ll be on here fighting his corner, I’m also pointing out there are plenty who won’t see any good he does.

I agree.
No time for Cooper, especially after his snide digs at the club in his recent press conference.
No idea why anyone sticks up for him.
Hopefully RM will get us promoted this season and show himself as the better manager for Swans

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Watching Forest tonight on 09:29 - Oct 12 with 712 viewsjack247

Watching Forest tonight on 09:15 - Oct 12 by Dr_Parnassus

It may have been coincidence but it certainly seemed that way. In my view that’s just common sense when looking at the evidence.

Like I said, if you disagree with my common sense suggestions then feel free to explain why. As it stands all you are saying is I’m biased simply because I stand up for him.

Until you offer a reasonable retort to my views, you can’t suggest they are biased, especially not if you agree with them as you appear to do.

Touting himself out is a silly suggestion and as far from common sense as you could get. They approached the club to speak to him, it’s documented. To just allude he instigated it based on nothing at all is just weird.

Read that back.

You created a reason why I left the site for a bit, didn’t ask me, no evidence of anything at all, just decided it was because I was anti Cooper when I wasn’t. Criticising him when I felt it valid us is not the same thing.

Touting, I think I said hawking as well, happens all the time. It wouldn’t surprise me if one or two of our players had their agents doing it towards the end of August. You aren’t naive enough to think it doesn’t happen. He ended up leaving us a week or so before the season started without a job lined up. Not common sense to assume he was putting his cv about before that?

I’m not saying the 25 player thing isn’t common sense, I’m saying the touting himself thing was as well. You asked me to evidence it, I’m just pointing out the double standards.
Watching Forest tonight on 09:32 - Oct 12 with 695 viewsDr_Parnassus

Watching Forest tonight on 09:28 - Oct 12 by STID2017

I agree.
No time for Cooper, especially after his snide digs at the club in his recent press conference.
No idea why anyone sticks up for him.
Hopefully RM will get us promoted this season and show himself as the better manager for Swans

It’s not about sticking up for him, it’s about not ceding to nonsense.

Watching Forest tonight on 09:37 - Oct 12 with 694 viewsDr_Parnassus

Watching Forest tonight on 09:29 - Oct 12 by jack247

Read that back.

You created a reason why I left the site for a bit, didn’t ask me, no evidence of anything at all, just decided it was because I was anti Cooper when I wasn’t. Criticising him when I felt it valid us is not the same thing.

Touting, I think I said hawking as well, happens all the time. It wouldn’t surprise me if one or two of our players had their agents doing it towards the end of August. You aren’t naive enough to think it doesn’t happen. He ended up leaving us a week or so before the season started without a job lined up. Not common sense to assume he was putting his cv about before that?

I’m not saying the 25 player thing isn’t common sense, I’m saying the touting himself thing was as well. You asked me to evidence it, I’m just pointing out the double standards.

I read it back, there is more evidence for you leaving the site after getting annoyed about being called out for your anti Cooper digs than there is/was that Cooper was touting/hawking himself out to clubs.

Clubs wanting him doesn’t mean he was actively encouraging it. Him wanting to leave after our owners were asking for ridiculous compensation fees is not evidence of that.

So I see no double standards, you haven’t explained any to any sufficient satisfaction.

Did you accuse Potter of hawking himself out to Brighton? Rodgers to Liverpool? Clear double standard there if you didn’t.

(You didn’t by the way).

Watching Forest tonight on 09:56 - Oct 12 with 695 viewsjack247

Watching Forest tonight on 09:37 - Oct 12 by Dr_Parnassus

I read it back, there is more evidence for you leaving the site after getting annoyed about being called out for your anti Cooper digs than there is/was that Cooper was touting/hawking himself out to clubs.

Clubs wanting him doesn’t mean he was actively encouraging it. Him wanting to leave after our owners were asking for ridiculous compensation fees is not evidence of that.

So I see no double standards, you haven’t explained any to any sufficient satisfaction.

Did you accuse Potter of hawking himself out to Brighton? Rodgers to Liverpool? Clear double standard there if you didn’t.

(You didn’t by the way).

Well exactly, there’s no evidence of either, nor of Cooper saying he’s unhappy with how many new players he’s got. The difference between the three is I have categorically told you why I left the site. You can either accept that or effectively accuse me of lying.

As far as I’m aware there are no quotes from Cooper on whether he was actively trying to leave the club or his views on 25 new players.

I’m not suggesting every time a club comes in for a player or manager they’ve touted themselves out. You know that. It very much looked like the case in that off season, more so when he left.

This has gone down the normal avenue now. We’ve had this debate before and I’m not interested in another 4 pages of it. I’d rather discuss Russell Martin or SCFC related issues.
Watching Forest tonight on 10:00 - Oct 12 with 676 viewsDr_Parnassus

Watching Forest tonight on 09:56 - Oct 12 by jack247

Well exactly, there’s no evidence of either, nor of Cooper saying he’s unhappy with how many new players he’s got. The difference between the three is I have categorically told you why I left the site. You can either accept that or effectively accuse me of lying.

As far as I’m aware there are no quotes from Cooper on whether he was actively trying to leave the club or his views on 25 new players.

I’m not suggesting every time a club comes in for a player or manager they’ve touted themselves out. You know that. It very much looked like the case in that off season, more so when he left.

This has gone down the normal avenue now. We’ve had this debate before and I’m not interested in another 4 pages of it. I’d rather discuss Russell Martin or SCFC related issues.

But we know that managers don’t want a brand new squad to keep happy, would be silly to suggest otherwise. You just literally agreed it’s not helpful, so let’s stop being silly with that.

If it looked like he touted himself out in the off season - then you would have to show me how. Him speaking to Fulham and Palace (two better clubs) is no different to Rodgers speaking to Liverpool (twice) or Potter speaking to Brighton.

Club approaches us to ask to speak to them, they speak to them. Where is the difference? Other than your bias against Cooper to interpret it that way?

It certainly is going down the same path. You come in accusing people of bias without any ability to show any despite displaying plenty yourself, both current and historical.

No change.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 10:02]

Login to get fewer ads

Watching Forest tonight on 10:05 - Oct 12 with 687 viewsswan_si

Watching Forest tonight on 09:29 - Oct 12 by jack247

Read that back.

I honestly don't see why you even respond to this person, he's a legend in his own mind, he/she keeps changing and twisting to keep you hooked, you gave a reason why you left this site for a while, a reason only you would know, and he can't accept that, although why you have to justify yourself to anyone on an Internet site proves how good this person is at goading people for entertainment, use the ignore button go on, it makes this site a lot better, shorter threads, less pointless stats, and who knows he/she may actually get a life.
Watching Forest tonight on 10:08 - Oct 12 with 670 viewsDr_Parnassus

Watching Forest tonight on 10:05 - Oct 12 by swan_si

I honestly don't see why you even respond to this person, he's a legend in his own mind, he/she keeps changing and twisting to keep you hooked, you gave a reason why you left this site for a while, a reason only you would know, and he can't accept that, although why you have to justify yourself to anyone on an Internet site proves how good this person is at goading people for entertainment, use the ignore button go on, it makes this site a lot better, shorter threads, less pointless stats, and who knows he/she may actually get a life.

Aww bless look who it is

Always start crying when I prove my point beyond doubt.

Keep crying lad.

Watching Forest tonight on 10:14 - Oct 12 with 674 viewsjack247

Watching Forest tonight on 10:00 - Oct 12 by Dr_Parnassus

But we know that managers don’t want a brand new squad to keep happy, would be silly to suggest otherwise. You just literally agreed it’s not helpful, so let’s stop being silly with that.

If it looked like he touted himself out in the off season - then you would have to show me how. Him speaking to Fulham and Palace (two better clubs) is no different to Rodgers speaking to Liverpool (twice) or Potter speaking to Brighton.

Club approaches us to ask to speak to them, they speak to them. Where is the difference? Other than your bias against Cooper to interpret it that way?

It certainly is going down the same path. You come in accusing people of bias without any ability to show any despite displaying plenty yourself, both current and historical.

No change.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 10:02]

I’ve said a few times, you’ll be on here defending him if he gets sacked or relegated. Perhaps you’ll prove me wrong. You’ve been pretty much 100% reliable to date.

Touting himself about didn’t just mean speaking to clubs who made official approaches for him. Making it known you’d be open to new job opportunities, or don’t you think that goes on constantly in football?

You are in some kind of contact with Piroe or his family, you’ve openly stated he hates Russell Martin several times. Do you think his camp were making it known he’d be open to a PL club or a bigger championship club in August?

I’m not sure which bias you are referring to from me.
Watching Forest tonight on 10:21 - Oct 12 with 647 viewsDr_Parnassus

Watching Forest tonight on 10:14 - Oct 12 by jack247

I’ve said a few times, you’ll be on here defending him if he gets sacked or relegated. Perhaps you’ll prove me wrong. You’ve been pretty much 100% reliable to date.

Touting himself about didn’t just mean speaking to clubs who made official approaches for him. Making it known you’d be open to new job opportunities, or don’t you think that goes on constantly in football?

You are in some kind of contact with Piroe or his family, you’ve openly stated he hates Russell Martin several times. Do you think his camp were making it known he’d be open to a PL club or a bigger championship club in August?

I’m not sure which bias you are referring to from me.

So you are accusing me of bias, based on something you guess I will say in the future, based on nothing at all other than your own imagination?

That’s the strangest thing you have ever said.

So where did he make it openly known he was open to new opportunities then? Why didn’t you accuse Rodgers or Potter of that then?

Yes the Piroe family and agent did approach clubs about a potential move, Piroe didn’t though. But what has Piroe got to do with Cooper? If you are linking the two then why aren’t you liking it to Potter and Rodgers?

Your bias is the fact you will slate Cooper for things quite happily, yet won’t make the same criticisms of other managers, yet there is no more evidence of one than the other.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 10:21]

Watching Forest tonight on 10:35 - Oct 12 with 628 viewsjack247

Watching Forest tonight on 10:21 - Oct 12 by Dr_Parnassus

So you are accusing me of bias, based on something you guess I will say in the future, based on nothing at all other than your own imagination?

That’s the strangest thing you have ever said.

So where did he make it openly known he was open to new opportunities then? Why didn’t you accuse Rodgers or Potter of that then?

Yes the Piroe family and agent did approach clubs about a potential move, Piroe didn’t though. But what has Piroe got to do with Cooper? If you are linking the two then why aren’t you liking it to Potter and Rodgers?

Your bias is the fact you will slate Cooper for things quite happily, yet won’t make the same criticisms of other managers, yet there is no more evidence of one than the other.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2022 10:21]

Ok, so Piroe, or at least his camp has been doing it. You have inside information. I don’t and without that there’s no way I could prove it, but if you’d asked me how likely it was, I’d have said very. Not a lot of difference between that and the Cooper episode. As I’ve said many times, players/managers touting themselves about is very common.

I asked you about Piroe specifically because you have insider knowledge. As far as I know you don’t with Potter or Rodgers.

Rodgers and Potter may have been doing it too. Nothing made me think they were at the time, which is why I didn’t suggest they were.

It’s based on the fact that every thread about Cooper (virtually all are started with a negative slant), you’ll defend him on. Style of play, how he left the club, Forest this season, it doesn’t matter. It’s a fairly logical guess to suggest the sane thing will happen next time he comes in for flak. As I said, you may prove me wrong.
Watching Forest tonight on 10:45 - Oct 12 with 601 viewsDr_Parnassus

Watching Forest tonight on 10:35 - Oct 12 by jack247

Ok, so Piroe, or at least his camp has been doing it. You have inside information. I don’t and without that there’s no way I could prove it, but if you’d asked me how likely it was, I’d have said very. Not a lot of difference between that and the Cooper episode. As I’ve said many times, players/managers touting themselves about is very common.

I asked you about Piroe specifically because you have insider knowledge. As far as I know you don’t with Potter or Rodgers.

Rodgers and Potter may have been doing it too. Nothing made me think they were at the time, which is why I didn’t suggest they were.

It’s based on the fact that every thread about Cooper (virtually all are started with a negative slant), you’ll defend him on. Style of play, how he left the club, Forest this season, it doesn’t matter. It’s a fairly logical guess to suggest the sane thing will happen next time he comes in for flak. As I said, you may prove me wrong.

It was reported on, you should know just as much as I do with regards to Piroe. That has nothing to do with Cooper though. The fact it sometimes happens doesn’t mean it happens always, and if we are assuming Cooper did then you have to make the same assumptions elsewhere - yet you didn’t.

I will always defend common sense when it’s required. There is a vendetta against Cooper, there was when he was here and it has only intensified since he left, meaning the mental gymnastics people have to do in order to slate him often means that common sense is thrown to the wayside. That’s where I step in, I do it on all subjects as it’s a particular pet hate of mine.

Fair flak and nonsense flak would be the deciding factor on whether I interject. But interjecting alone doesn’t prove bias, it’s the content that does - as of yet you have failed to disprove the common sense in any of my points raised.

People can say they didn’t enjoy his style of play if they like, always allow that to slide unchallenged. People can say they didn’t like him as a bloke if they like, again that’s fine by me.

But when common sense is deliberately contravened is when I take issue with it. Such as “he’s a bottler”, “he failed because he didn’t get promoted”, “he bottled the task because Ayew left”, “he ran away because the parachute payments ended” - just the ludicrous nonsense trotted out.

Similar to this thread of course where people were intentionally pretending that signing these players was his idea and something that should help him succeed. Yet common sense tells us all that both aspects of that are false.

Watching Forest tonight on 14:46 - Oct 12 with 534 viewsjack247

Watching Forest tonight on 10:45 - Oct 12 by Dr_Parnassus

It was reported on, you should know just as much as I do with regards to Piroe. That has nothing to do with Cooper though. The fact it sometimes happens doesn’t mean it happens always, and if we are assuming Cooper did then you have to make the same assumptions elsewhere - yet you didn’t.

I will always defend common sense when it’s required. There is a vendetta against Cooper, there was when he was here and it has only intensified since he left, meaning the mental gymnastics people have to do in order to slate him often means that common sense is thrown to the wayside. That’s where I step in, I do it on all subjects as it’s a particular pet hate of mine.

Fair flak and nonsense flak would be the deciding factor on whether I interject. But interjecting alone doesn’t prove bias, it’s the content that does - as of yet you have failed to disprove the common sense in any of my points raised.

People can say they didn’t enjoy his style of play if they like, always allow that to slide unchallenged. People can say they didn’t like him as a bloke if they like, again that’s fine by me.

But when common sense is deliberately contravened is when I take issue with it. Such as “he’s a bottler”, “he failed because he didn’t get promoted”, “he bottled the task because Ayew left”, “he ran away because the parachute payments ended” - just the ludicrous nonsense trotted out.

Similar to this thread of course where people were intentionally pretending that signing these players was his idea and something that should help him succeed. Yet common sense tells us all that both aspects of that are false.

Reported where? Here?

You wanted direct quotes when I said Cooper was hawking himself to other clubs.
Watching Forest tonight on 14:57 - Oct 12 with 519 viewsSirjohnalot

Give it a rest you two,
Watching Forest tonight on 15:13 - Oct 12 with 502 viewsjack247

Watching Forest tonight on 14:57 - Oct 12 by Sirjohnalot

Give it a rest you two,

Fair enough
Watching Forest tonight on 19:12 - Oct 12 with 423 viewsbuilthjack

They need points. Soon. Very soon.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Watching Forest tonight on 21:06 - Oct 12 with 390 viewsDr_Parnassus

Watching Forest tonight on 14:46 - Oct 12 by jack247

Reported where? Here?

You wanted direct quotes when I said Cooper was hawking himself to other clubs.

Any kind of report would do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024