Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the hell is going on in London these days 18:28 - May 8 with 4175 views73__73

Two more killed in the last 24 hours. Sodom & Gomorrah comes to mind.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:58 - May 9 with 935 viewsCatullus

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:53 - May 9 by max936

"he's a political Conor Hourihane"

Brilliant

Thank you very much, I'll be here all week

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What the hell is going on in London these days on 14:02 - May 9 with 925 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 08:52 - May 9 by epaul

I lived in Crayford for years a brilliant place, great people some fab pubs, if someone said I visited the Wirral/Loserpooll and it was a sh1thole you'd be straight on the defence of it, you obviously hate multi culturalism and a vibrant mix of differing races which London brings given the slagging off you've given of the other area's in London. Good job you live where you do so you can feel comfy with your own kind aye

25 years living in and around London, best city in the world an amazing multi cultural city leading the way

They've got a great Mayor in Sadiq, it's only the gammons and facist white priders(yeah I know not a proper word) who are up in arms about him getting re elected. You hate London, that's great, it means it won't get people like you visiting it

Hello my old friend.

Yes,I do detest London.

Not keen on diversity as you say.

It’s rather like your chums attitude to the English.

Try diversification in alleys.

Anyway ,hope you and D are doing fine

We re having building works done so you ll have to wait a bit for your next visit

Mag sends her love too

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

(No subject) (n/t) on 17:24 - May 9 with 855 views1983

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:03 - May 9 with 840 viewsFlashberryjack

What the hell is going on in London these days on 00:09 - May 9 by 73__73

My suggestions would be for everyone who can get the fook out of London to do so.

Most already have, that's why Khan has been re-elected.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:11 - May 9 with 831 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:03 - May 9 by Flashberryjack

Most already have, that's why Khan has been re-elected.

What about the diversity E Paul opines on.

Problem is all say they welcome it when the converse is often the case

Little sign of diversity on here if toleration is an essential criteria . The only tolerance is the right kind and that s the issue.

We kid ourselves as a society

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:15 - May 9 with 830 viewsGwyn737

Or they could look to Glasgow who have been incredibly successful in reducing knife crime by treating it as a public health issue?

Much better to prevent knives getting out on the street in the first place I’d have thought.
What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:19 - May 9 with 828 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:15 - May 9 by Gwyn737

Or they could look to Glasgow who have been incredibly successful in reducing knife crime by treating it as a public health issue?

Much better to prevent knives getting out on the street in the first place I’d have thought.

Difficult to stop kids wanting to stick a blade into people cos they don’t likes me.

Something deep inside has gone wrong

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:30 - May 9 with 818 viewsGwyn737

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:19 - May 9 by onehunglow

Difficult to stop kids wanting to stick a blade into people cos they don’t likes me.

Something deep inside has gone wrong

Worked in Glasgow, though?
Login to get fewer ads

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:48 - May 9 with 805 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:30 - May 9 by Gwyn737

Worked in Glasgow, though?

Not had that good fortune.

Ive worked Liverpool though and they are similiar cities.Both with attitude,both feisty,both Tory hating,both earthy,both former glorious centres of the Empire's trade.

Liverpool and Glasgow are more interesting that most if not all cities outside London not including the listed buildings.

What the hell is going on in London these days on 19:06 - May 9 with 803 viewsGwyn737

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:48 - May 9 by onehunglow

Not had that good fortune.

Ive worked Liverpool though and they are similiar cities.Both with attitude,both feisty,both Tory hating,both earthy,both former glorious centres of the Empire's trade.

Liverpool and Glasgow are more interesting that most if not all cities outside London not including the listed buildings.

Sorry, I meant ‘it’ had worked in Glasgow.
What the hell is going on in London these days on 19:14 - May 9 with 797 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 19:06 - May 9 by Gwyn737

Sorry, I meant ‘it’ had worked in Glasgow.

No need to apologise Gwyn.
Ive posted far worse

What the hell is going on in London these days on 21:59 - May 9 with 768 viewsDJack

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:50 - May 9 by Catullus

I think the English election results show Labour have a much bigger problem than they thought, the Corbyn hangover isn't going away.

I expected Starmer to do much better but it's almost as if he's just happy to be labour leader and pick up the pay cheque, he's a political Conor Hourihane, he isn't putting the graft in just doing some pretty stuff around the edges!

Most people see Bojo the same way you do, Max, yet people still seem to be turning to the tories. It's almost inexplicable. Bojo looks and acts like he escaped from a Marx btohers film (or maybe the Three Stooges, himself, Hancock and Gove!) and still Labour can't catch up. Even in Wales the tories won more seats than ever before. The world has gone mad.

I suspect that Starmer understood that the ghost of Corbyn and Brexit were going to impact upon support for Labour in the short term. Additionally the vaccine rollout has erased the problems from early in the pandemic in the minds of the people. Labour will bide their time but I don't believe it will make too much difference in the next GE...Maybe the one after.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

What the hell is going on in London these days on 22:48 - May 9 with 748 viewsmajorraglan

What the hell is going on in London these days on 12:26 - May 9 by Catullus

There's something to praise Bojo for then, isn't it, he's getting more police officers back. Thing is, this needs to happen nationally.

When I was a kid in the late 70's there were more police around. My local village staion in Mumbles had 3 full time officers and 2 of them were always out and about, they knew people by name. They knew my family and if I did something wrong, well yes, I got a row from them and a roaw from my family who'd know about it before I got home. It's not rose tinted specs, it's true. The station door was always open when someone was in.

London is an entirely different thing, obviously. Gang culture has taken over, the streets have been ceded to the bad boys. Walk into certain areas at night and you can almost guarantee trouble.
As the major said, this goes much deeper than just people being bad, this is as much about deprivation, lack of education and opportunity. London is like plenty of other big cities, you can find the worst, most run down and crime infested places and not that far away you can find immense wealth.
This isn't just about the tories, this goes back further and even beyond Blairs time. This has been building for decades.

In July 2019, Boris committed to increasing police officer numbers by 20,000 by 2023 which would put the number of cops broadly back where they were in 2010 before Cameron’s government started reducing numbers. To do that, they will have to recruit something like 50,000 new police officers to make up for retirements etc.

Boris is providing all the police forces with more cops, his uplift is only for cops - the numbers will vary from force to force but they should all get an increase. BUT there may be some “smoke and mirrors” as other budgets may be cut, top sliced or subject to “efficiency savings” which is a posh term for cut and this will impact in other ways.
What the hell is going on in London these days on 07:56 - May 10 with 693 viewsfelixstowe_jack

What the hell is going on in London these days on 22:48 - May 9 by majorraglan

In July 2019, Boris committed to increasing police officer numbers by 20,000 by 2023 which would put the number of cops broadly back where they were in 2010 before Cameron’s government started reducing numbers. To do that, they will have to recruit something like 50,000 new police officers to make up for retirements etc.

Boris is providing all the police forces with more cops, his uplift is only for cops - the numbers will vary from force to force but they should all get an increase. BUT there may be some “smoke and mirrors” as other budgets may be cut, top sliced or subject to “efficiency savings” which is a posh term for cut and this will impact in other ways.

Efficiency savings are not a posh word for cuts. They are the way industry produces more goods at a cheaper price which actually creates jobs .

Waste in all government departments must be cut.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

What the hell is going on in London these days on 08:01 - May 10 with 686 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 21:59 - May 9 by DJack

I suspect that Starmer understood that the ghost of Corbyn and Brexit were going to impact upon support for Labour in the short term. Additionally the vaccine rollout has erased the problems from early in the pandemic in the minds of the people. Labour will bide their time but I don't believe it will make too much difference in the next GE...Maybe the one after.

Why is it Union leaders are lining for Corbyn's policies to come back when they led to a calamitous election result.The likes of McClusky refuse to see it for selfish reasons and Abbott unable not bothered with anything outside London

What the hell is going on in London these days on 08:08 - May 10 with 682 viewscontroversial_jack

What the hell is going on in London these days on 07:56 - May 10 by felixstowe_jack

Efficiency savings are not a posh word for cuts. They are the way industry produces more goods at a cheaper price which actually creates jobs .

It's called asset stripping, a posh word for cuts
What the hell is going on in London these days on 08:19 - May 10 with 680 viewsonehunglow

How does narrative fit with fxck the police/kill the bill.

There are plenty who think this way in London

What is their alternative to stop and search as without this no knife wielders hands over his/her W.O.O

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:05 - May 10 with 636 views73__73

What the hell is going on in London these days on 08:19 - May 10 by onehunglow

How does narrative fit with fxck the police/kill the bill.

There are plenty who think this way in London

What is their alternative to stop and search as without this no knife wielders hands over his/her W.O.O

You have a valid point there. The type of people who moan about police cuts, are the same people who want to defend the police....you couldn’t make it up

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:42 - May 10 with 624 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:05 - May 10 by 73__73

You have a valid point there. The type of people who moan about police cuts, are the same people who want to defend the police....you couldn’t make it up

73.They only complain if it make like they give a feck.
They don't unless it affects them

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:46 - May 10 with 626 viewsmajorraglan

What the hell is going on in London these days on 07:56 - May 10 by felixstowe_jack

We’re not talking industry. I agree with you that waste should be cut, but after 10 years of austerity across most of the frontline services I’d say there’s not much waste left!
What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:50 - May 10 with 609 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:46 - May 10 by majorraglan

We’re not talking industry. I agree with you that waste should be cut, but after 10 years of austerity across most of the frontline services I’d say there’s not much waste left!

NH was hammered under Blair with he and Brown's obsession with targets.

What the hell is going on in London these days on 21:38 - May 10 with 576 viewscontroversial_jack

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:50 - May 10 by onehunglow

The Blair govt put lots of money into the NHS and also schools.You are completely wrong
What the hell is going on in London these days on 22:21 - May 10 with 553 viewsmajorraglan

What the hell is going on in London these days on 18:50 - May 10 by onehunglow

There were some issues with targets, but Blair and Brown spent a lot more money on the NHS then the Conservatives did before or after.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-how-generous-have-the-conserva
What the hell is going on in London these days on 09:04 - May 11 with 506 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 22:21 - May 10 by majorraglan

There were some issues with targets, but Blair and Brown spent a lot more money on the NHS then the Conservatives did before or after.

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-how-generous-have-the-conserva

Have a closer look at Brown's record.

The NHS issue with gross over management is directly down to him.

Look at his legacy and consider how he kept the country's finances away from Blair the PM as much as possible purely out of hatred for the man.

What the hell is going on in London these days on 22:08 - May 11 with 479 viewsjack_lord

What the hell is going on in London these days on 09:04 - May 11 by onehunglow

Have a closer look at Brown's record.

The NHS issue with gross over management is directly down to him.

Look at his legacy and consider how he kept the country's finances away from Blair the PM as much as possible purely out of hatred for the man.

Christ on a bike. You know what the civil servants do In Whitehall and The Home Office etc?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024