Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the hell is going on in London these days 18:28 - May 8 with 4176 views73__73

Two more killed in the last 24 hours. Sodom & Gomorrah comes to mind.

Poll: Should Swansea expand its concourses, to accommodate fans of big clubs

What the hell is going on in London these days on 00:11 - May 9 with 746 views73__73

What the hell is going on in London these days on 23:58 - May 8 by Sandanista

Homicide rates are lower in London than in 1990s. Violent theft or mugging much reduced. Daily Mail talk with forked tongue 🐍

Absolute nonsense

What the hell is going on in London these days on 00:25 - May 9 with 734 viewsmajorraglan

What the hell is going on in London these days on 00:11 - May 9 by 73__73

Absolute nonsense

Not necessarily.

The number of murders is actually higher now than it was in the 90’s, but if you compare the murder rate per 100,000 people then it’s lower now than it was in the 90’s and a fair chunk of this century. Lambeth, Southwark, Newham and Hackney and Brent had the highest figures, Chelsea, Kingston and Richmond were the lowest
What the hell is going on in London these days on 06:54 - May 9 with 687 viewsbuilthjack

What the hell is going on in London these days on 21:24 - May 8 by majorraglan

It may well have increased by 60%, but the problems run much deeper and go back a lot further than Khan’s tenure in post and it’s not just a policing side.

Police Officer numbers have tumbled since 2009 and policing has experienced huge cuts, while numbers are now increasing after Boris has pumped more money in they are still below where they were in 2009. The new cops will all be green and need years to get up to speed. The Home Office dictate what happens in policing the same as they do with sentencing in criminal courts, judges and magistrates apply the guidelines they are given, if you want to incarcerate more people you need more places in jails. Stop and Search is controversial, cops using it run the risk of being demonised as racist.

This is not just a policing issue, it’s an issue for society. Lots of this is gang related, kids are growing up in sinkhole estates, underachieve in school, don’t have a stable family environment, don’t have role models to guide the, font have a prospect of a job, won’t get on the housing ladder and to top that they are surrounded by mass consumerism when there is pressure for branded products etc which they will never be able to afford.

Sadly, I suspect it’s going to get a lot worse before it gets better, if you have money London is great, if you don’t it can be unpleasant.

Excellent post. Over 10 years of cutting police numbers has backfired.
Even though they are now recruiting, it doesnt take into account the people leaving/retiring.
Stop and search should be a given. If you are innocent it takes a few minutes of your time. Its not racist to stop a black person who they suspect may have a knife.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

What the hell is going on in London these days on 08:52 - May 9 with 644 viewsepaul

What the hell is going on in London these days on 19:24 - May 8 by onehunglow

Solid screw innit.

I used to be well into Speedway .

Crayford ,White City, Hackney, The biggest crap holes imaginable ..Plough Lane Wimbledon too .

I detest London full stop

I lived in Crayford for years a brilliant place, great people some fab pubs, if someone said I visited the Wirral/Loserpooll and it was a sh1thole you'd be straight on the defence of it, you obviously hate multi culturalism and a vibrant mix of differing races which London brings given the slagging off you've given of the other area's in London. Good job you live where you do so you can feel comfy with your own kind aye

25 years living in and around London, best city in the world an amazing multi cultural city leading the way

They've got a great Mayor in Sadiq, it's only the gammons and facist white priders(yeah I know not a proper word) who are up in arms about him getting re elected. You hate London, that's great, it means it won't get people like you visiting it

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

What the hell is going on in London these days on 08:54 - May 9 with 644 viewsfelixstowe_jack

What the hell is going on in London these days on 06:54 - May 9 by builthjack

Excellent post. Over 10 years of cutting police numbers has backfired.
Even though they are now recruiting, it doesnt take into account the people leaving/retiring.
Stop and search should be a given. If you are innocent it takes a few minutes of your time. Its not racist to stop a black person who they suspect may have a knife.

Trouble is the police have been told they must cut the numbers of stop and search. Stop and search apparently upsets the criminals who are carrying knifes . Our attention should be on the victims more stop and search will find more knifes and save lives. As the majority of victims are ethnic minorities this will save their lives.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

What the hell is going on in London these days on 09:26 - May 9 with 638 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 23:27 - May 8 by jack_lord

True to form Rich.

And will be proven again.Jase.

London,Liverpool ,Manchester,all pre eminent Footy Cities a well as working class strongholds.It where the people unite ,innit and support each other. Innit.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

What the hell is going on in London these days on 09:58 - May 9 with 623 viewsjack_lord

What the hell is going on in London these days on 09:26 - May 9 by onehunglow

And will be proven again.Jase.

London,Liverpool ,Manchester,all pre eminent Footy Cities a well as working class strongholds.It where the people unite ,innit and support each other. Innit.

I saw a pattern a long time ago (not about your posts continually slagging off the Labour party) regarding areas that vote.
Long term things have got worse, especially in the large metropolitan areas.
Its almost as if the large wealthy suburbs are looking the other way,

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

What the hell is going on in London these days on 10:14 - May 9 with 615 viewsmajorraglan

What the hell is going on in London these days on 08:54 - May 9 by felixstowe_jack

Trouble is the police have been told they must cut the numbers of stop and search. Stop and search apparently upsets the criminals who are carrying knifes . Our attention should be on the victims more stop and search will find more knifes and save lives. As the majority of victims are ethnic minorities this will save their lives.

The Government recently published the “controversial” report “Commission on Race and Ethnic Disparities” - if you have some spare time it’s worth a read, some of the stuff covered in this thread is addressed in greater detail. Lots of people have endorsed the work while others have dissed it, but it’s a starting point for discussion.

My view is that stop search is a good tool to defeat knife crime, I agree with you it will upset the villains and it will save lives but it is a power that causes tension and lots of people who have been searched ( who’ve been clean) believe it's simply on account of the colour of their skin. I think the way a search is conducted will help, if cops and the people being searched are courteous etc the experience will be more acceptable but people don’t like being told what to do and the entitled generation’s behaviour, phone out, filming agitating for a confrontation.
Login to get fewer ads

What the hell is going on in London these days on 10:17 - May 9 with 603 viewsSandanista

What the hell is going on in London these days on 00:25 - May 9 by majorraglan

Not necessarily.

The number of murders is actually higher now than it was in the 90’s, but if you compare the murder rate per 100,000 people then it’s lower now than it was in the 90’s and a fair chunk of this century. Lambeth, Southwark, Newham and Hackney and Brent had the highest figures, Chelsea, Kingston and Richmond were the lowest

Yes. On population.
North west has higher homicide rate than London
north east and Yorkshire higher crime rates.

Crime rate has risen under coalition and Tory rule. Party of law and order then?

Truth stranger than fiction. Statistics not headlines
What the hell is going on in London these days on 10:19 - May 9 with 600 viewscontroversial_jack

Stop and search was abandoned because it didn't work.It didn't produce the results and it was a waste of police time.

Your average gangster isn't going to walk down the high street with a knife on his person.
What the hell is going on in London these days on 10:20 - May 9 with 602 views1983

I don't live a million miles from the centre of London and go there for work now and then, the centre is great but you come a mile or 2 away from the centre and the place is a rat hole! I can see a big decline coming for that place as the officer worker/ commuter scene s dead now after this pandemic

What the hell is going on in London these days on 10:26 - May 9 with 596 viewsAguycalledJack

No they stash them in bushes and in other places in the areas around which they live so that they have a weapon close by.

Sorry that was in reply to the comment of gangsters carrying knives.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 10:28]
What the hell is going on in London these days on 10:31 - May 9 with 593 viewsAguycalledJack

One for the residents of London on here or ex police. The Netflix series summer house and top boy. Fairly gritty dramas. But how true to life would you say they are?
What the hell is going on in London these days on 10:54 - May 9 with 585 viewsfelixstowe_jack

What the hell is going on in London these days on 10:19 - May 9 by controversial_jack

Stop and search was abandoned because it didn't work.It didn't produce the results and it was a waste of police time.

Your average gangster isn't going to walk down the high street with a knife on his person.

Well stop and search does work. Criminals are dull enough to carry weapons.

Police searches hit a 7-year high as 11,000 weapons are seized
POLICE snatched 11,000 knives, firearms and weapons off the streets in 2019/20 during the highest number of stop and searches for seven years.
Home Office figures show there were 558,973 during the 12 months — leading to 73,423 arrests. London’s Metropolitan Police carried out the most at 268,384, followed by Merseyside (33,416), West Midlands (24,269) and Essex (19,248). In total 40 of the 43 police forces in England and Wales saw a rise in stop and searches.
The three that did not were Dorset, Warwickshire and Surrey.

The Home Office said: “Stop and search is a vital tool for taking deadly weapons off our streets and preventing lives from being lost.”

The latest total is the highest number of stop and searches since 2013/14, when there were 872,518, but it is still below the peak of 2010/11, when there were 1,179,746.

Compared with 2018/19, when there were 365,554 stop and searches, it is a rise of 53 percent.

The report said: “The Metropolitan Police service accounts for half of the increase in the number of stops and searches in latest year.” Other forces to see significant rises were Merseyside (seven percent), Essex (six percent) and South Yorkshire (five percent).

Meanwhile the number of Section 60 searches, where officers can search for weapons amid fears violence is about to break out, rose by 35 percent to 18,081.

This comes after officers were given greater powers last year. The rules, which can be in force for up to 48 hours, let them search people in a defined area during a specific time period when they believe serious violence will occur.

Officers can look for weapons before they can be used, or for those used in a recent attack, and do not need “serious grounds for suspicion”— only a reasonable belief that a disturbance may occur.

The figures come as the Met Police revealed it had arrested 873 of London’s worst criminals since July 1.

Detective Chief Superintendent Lee Hill, of the Violent Crime Taskforce, said: “Some of London’s most prolific and dangerous individuals have been taken off the streets in what has been a truly Met-wide effort.

“The public will continue to see significant operational activity to deter offenders from returning to crime and to suppress violence in all its forms.”

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

What the hell is going on in London these days on 12:00 - May 9 with 549 viewscontroversial_jack

What the hell is going on in London these days on 10:54 - May 9 by felixstowe_jack

POLICE snatched 11,000 knives, firearms and weapons off the streets in 2019/20 during the highest number of stop and searches for seven years.
Home Office figures show there were 558,973 during the 12 months — leading to 73,423 arrests. London’s Metropolitan Police carried out the most at 268,384, followed by Merseyside (33,416), West Midlands (24,269) and Essex (19,248). In total 40 of the 43 police forces in England and Wales saw a rise in stop and searches.

The Home Office said: “Stop and search is a vital tool for taking deadly weapons off our streets and preventing lives from being lost.”

The latest total is the highest number of stop and searches since 2013/14, when there were 872,518, but it is still below the peak of 2010/11, when there were 1,179,746.

Compared with 2018/19, when there were 365,554 stop and searches, it is a rise of 53 percent.

The report said: “The Metropolitan Police service accounts for half of the increase in the number of stops and searches in latest year.” Other forces to see significant rises were Merseyside (seven percent), Essex (six percent) and South Yorkshire (five percent).

Meanwhile the number of Section 60 searches, where officers can search for weapons amid fears violence is about to break out, rose by 35 percent to 18,081.

This comes after officers were given greater powers last year. The rules, which can be in force for up to 48 hours, let them search people in a defined area during a specific time period when they believe serious violence will occur.

Officers can look for weapons before they can be used, or for those used in a recent attack, and do not need “serious grounds for suspicion”— only a reasonable belief that a disturbance may occur.

The figures come as the Met Police revealed it had arrested 873 of London’s worst criminals since July 1.

Detective Chief Superintendent Lee Hill, of the Violent Crime Taskforce, said: “Some of London’s most prolific and dangerous individuals have been taken off the streets in what has been a truly Met-wide effort.

“The public will continue to see significant operational activity to deter offenders from returning to crime and to suppress violence in all its forms.”

See the reply from the poster earlier. Gangsters thugs don't carry the weapons, they stash them or have someone else bring them to the incidents
What the hell is going on in London these days on 12:26 - May 9 with 540 viewsCatullus

What the hell is going on in London these days on 23:11 - May 8 by majorraglan

A couple of errors in your post, Khan’s been mayor since 2016 which is 5 years and not 6. Police numbers in England and Wales started dropping in 2010 and by 2019 there were 20,600 less, the numbers have increased by about 6,000 since then on account of Boris initiative, but it’s still about 10,000 less than when Cameron came in to power.

Khan sets the budget, but the bulk of police funding in England and Wales comes from central government, it’s something like 75% -80% Home Office funded and the rest is raised from the local policing precept. If the government cut the central grants (which they had been doing) police numbers have to be cut.

[Post edited 8 May 2021 23:11]

There's something to praise Bojo for then, isn't it, he's getting more police officers back. Thing is, this needs to happen nationally.

When I was a kid in the late 70's there were more police around. My local village staion in Mumbles had 3 full time officers and 2 of them were always out and about, they knew people by name. They knew my family and if I did something wrong, well yes, I got a row from them and a roaw from my family who'd know about it before I got home. It's not rose tinted specs, it's true. The station door was always open when someone was in.

London is an entirely different thing, obviously. Gang culture has taken over, the streets have been ceded to the bad boys. Walk into certain areas at night and you can almost guarantee trouble.
As the major said, this goes much deeper than just people being bad, this is as much about deprivation, lack of education and opportunity. London is like plenty of other big cities, you can find the worst, most run down and crime infested places and not that far away you can find immense wealth.
This isn't just about the tories, this goes back further and even beyond Blairs time. This has been building for decades.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What the hell is going on in London these days on 12:27 - May 9 with 537 views73__73

What the hell is going on in London these days on 08:52 - May 9 by epaul

I lived in Crayford for years a brilliant place, great people some fab pubs, if someone said I visited the Wirral/Loserpooll and it was a sh1thole you'd be straight on the defence of it, you obviously hate multi culturalism and a vibrant mix of differing races which London brings given the slagging off you've given of the other area's in London. Good job you live where you do so you can feel comfy with your own kind aye

25 years living in and around London, best city in the world an amazing multi cultural city leading the way

They've got a great Mayor in Sadiq, it's only the gammons and facist white priders(yeah I know not a proper word) who are up in arms about him getting re elected. You hate London, that's great, it means it won't get people like you visiting it

The best city in the world. Jesus Christ

What the hell is going on in London these days on 12:59 - May 9 with 516 viewsCatullus

I don't like London but simply because it's too busy all the time,I'd much prefer to live in a village or even more a house close to a village but quite secluded. Peace and quiet is under rated!

This knife thing, the crooks do carry knives but so do others, we have normally law abiding citizens carry weapons because they are scared.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:22 - May 9 with 499 viewsmax936

What the hell is going on in London these days on 12:26 - May 9 by Catullus

There's something to praise Bojo for then, isn't it, he's getting more police officers back. Thing is, this needs to happen nationally.

When I was a kid in the late 70's there were more police around. My local village staion in Mumbles had 3 full time officers and 2 of them were always out and about, they knew people by name. They knew my family and if I did something wrong, well yes, I got a row from them and a roaw from my family who'd know about it before I got home. It's not rose tinted specs, it's true. The station door was always open when someone was in.

London is an entirely different thing, obviously. Gang culture has taken over, the streets have been ceded to the bad boys. Walk into certain areas at night and you can almost guarantee trouble.
As the major said, this goes much deeper than just people being bad, this is as much about deprivation, lack of education and opportunity. London is like plenty of other big cities, you can find the worst, most run down and crime infested places and not that far away you can find immense wealth.
This isn't just about the tories, this goes back further and even beyond Blairs time. This has been building for decades.

Bojo jangles maybe recruiting more officers, but I bet its mostly PSCO's who have no arresting powers, or they didn't have anyway, plus the Police Officers are cramped by bureaucracy/ politics/ human rights and inundated by mounds and mounds of paperwork, you ask a police officer who has just retired or coming up to retirement and I bet most if not all, can't wait to get out.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:27 - May 9 with 491 viewsCatullus

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:22 - May 9 by max936

Bojo jangles maybe recruiting more officers, but I bet its mostly PSCO's who have no arresting powers, or they didn't have anyway, plus the Police Officers are cramped by bureaucracy/ politics/ human rights and inundated by mounds and mounds of paperwork, you ask a police officer who has just retired or coming up to retirement and I bet most if not all, can't wait to get out.

You ask teachers and NHS staff the same question and you'd probably get the same reply though. I can't blame bojo for that really, it's a situation that has been building for a long while. Cameron and Theresa May are more guilty there.

I don't agree with PCSO's anyway. To me, spend that money on more police, real police who are out on the beat. Crime, it seems to me, has risen since the police retreated into the stations and mostly going on patrol in cars.

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:41 - May 9 with 488 viewsmax936

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:27 - May 9 by Catullus

You ask teachers and NHS staff the same question and you'd probably get the same reply though. I can't blame bojo for that really, it's a situation that has been building for a long while. Cameron and Theresa May are more guilty there.

I don't agree with PCSO's anyway. To me, spend that money on more police, real police who are out on the beat. Crime, it seems to me, has risen since the police retreated into the stations and mostly going on patrol in cars.

"I don't agree with PCSO's anyway. To me, spend that money on more police, real police who are out on the beat. Crime, it seems to me, has risen since the police retreated into the stations and mostly going on patrol in cars."

I agree, hence my post.

Bojo is a joke, he's like a cartoon character, a pantomime clown, he really enjoys greeting people with his elbow though it seems to tickle him, somewhat, its like its all a fecking joke to him.
Probably be a bungle of laughs on a pissup though

Before anyone jumps on this, I've absolutely no faith in Starmer the Lettuce either, although a lettuce has more uses if fairness.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 13:43]

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:48 - May 9 with 482 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 09:58 - May 9 by jack_lord

I saw a pattern a long time ago (not about your posts continually slagging off the Labour party) regarding areas that vote.
Long term things have got worse, especially in the large metropolitan areas.
Its almost as if the large wealthy suburbs are looking the other way,

Forgive me but I’m nit sure you are entitled to offer a critique . Nobody can on here get inside my head so save the effort Jase and dig the garden .

I see much on here that turns my stomach and I seriously worry about the mentality of many . I don’t believe much that is posted however and much is kock saving by valley warriors and county hicks in rural areas that know nothing about inner cities .

Nothing

London has more than anything including crime,Does one feel safe in a London Estate

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:50 - May 9 with 480 viewsCatullus

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:41 - May 9 by max936

"I don't agree with PCSO's anyway. To me, spend that money on more police, real police who are out on the beat. Crime, it seems to me, has risen since the police retreated into the stations and mostly going on patrol in cars."

I agree, hence my post.

Bojo is a joke, he's like a cartoon character, a pantomime clown, he really enjoys greeting people with his elbow though it seems to tickle him, somewhat, its like its all a fecking joke to him.
Probably be a bungle of laughs on a pissup though

Before anyone jumps on this, I've absolutely no faith in Starmer the Lettuce either, although a lettuce has more uses if fairness.
[Post edited 9 May 2021 13:43]

I think the English election results show Labour have a much bigger problem than they thought, the Corbyn hangover isn't going away.

I expected Starmer to do much better but it's almost as if he's just happy to be labour leader and pick up the pay cheque, he's a political Conor Hourihane, he isn't putting the graft in just doing some pretty stuff around the edges!

Most people see Bojo the same way you do, Max, yet people still seem to be turning to the tories. It's almost inexplicable. Bojo looks and acts like he escaped from a Marx btohers film (or maybe the Three Stooges, himself, Hancock and Gove!) and still Labour can't catch up. Even in Wales the tories won more seats than ever before. The world has gone mad.

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:53 - May 9 with 476 viewsmax936

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:50 - May 9 by Catullus

I think the English election results show Labour have a much bigger problem than they thought, the Corbyn hangover isn't going away.

I expected Starmer to do much better but it's almost as if he's just happy to be labour leader and pick up the pay cheque, he's a political Conor Hourihane, he isn't putting the graft in just doing some pretty stuff around the edges!

Most people see Bojo the same way you do, Max, yet people still seem to be turning to the tories. It's almost inexplicable. Bojo looks and acts like he escaped from a Marx btohers film (or maybe the Three Stooges, himself, Hancock and Gove!) and still Labour can't catch up. Even in Wales the tories won more seats than ever before. The world has gone mad.

"he's a political Conor Hourihane"

Brilliant

What the hell is going on in London these days on 13:56 - May 9 with 473 viewsonehunglow

What the hell is going on in London these days on 10:54 - May 9 by felixstowe_jack

I ll give this simple scenario.

A male is responsible for cutting open the intestines of a young girl in Hackney.

He is identified and is on the street parked up in the car

What to do next.

1 Ask him nicely to get out
2.Ask if he wants his social worker or community leader to come along first
3.As he refuses ,leave him alone as he says he is being harassed as he is black and in a BMW.
4. Leave him go because of 3

This happens

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024