Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What a F ucking week. 17:01 - Mar 4 with 7221 viewsconnell10

That's it really .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

What a F ucking week. on 19:53 - Mar 4 with 2479 viewskropotkin41

It looks like a hard reset for the Rs. To be frank, I think it might be better than the cycles of misery and hard financial truths that are being served up. We are the club we are, the ones that managed not to miss one boat but several boats.... got drunk, missed our flight again, and again. Now we're fit for relegation, demolition, hopefully recovery, as long as that will take. Maybe some of us might rediscover some joy in football at some stage, because there's none at the moment; it's a mental illness not a hobby.
I can't see GA turning this around at all, but we should keep him when we go down. He knows the league.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

What a F ucking week. on 20:33 - Mar 4 with 2373 viewsitsbiga

I have a shitty hangover.
We’re gonna go down and stay down for years I foresee.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

What a F ucking week. on 20:42 - Mar 4 with 2323 viewskropotkin41

What a F ucking week. on 20:33 - Mar 4 by itsbiga

I have a shitty hangover.
We’re gonna go down and stay down for years I foresee.

That would seem a very reasonable prediction to me. We'll be broke, and the wage bill will fall, and we might win or even draw the odd f*cking game. Any league has got to be better with a result occasionally that doesn't involve us conceding 3 goals. I don't know, finances and results and despair... maybe we need to go on our own Long March....AFC QPR got to be better than this.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

What a F ucking week. on 20:49 - Mar 4 with 2299 viewsbosh67

I think if we stay up it will be the QPR way. Probably get the 3 wins we need and a draw in the last 6-7 games of the season when most of us have given up hope.

Whatever, I hope Gareth tears the side apart at the end of the season and gets players in ala Warnock that do the dirty work because we don't really have those players.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

What a F ucking week. on 21:45 - Mar 4 with 2215 viewstraininvain

What a F ucking week. on 17:16 - Mar 4 by paulparker

For anyone who still supports the board, DOF, Lee Hoos , and the rest of the cronies on the coaching staff you are just as much as the problem as then
Please fcuk off

Over the past 12 months I’ve seen you on here calling for Warburton and Critchley to go and you’ve regularly called for Ainsworth to get the manager job. So you’ve basically got what you wanted. Not saying that’s a bad thing but not much has changed.

I don’t disagree about the Ferdinand and Hoos. They surely have to go. Disagree re the board as I think we’re talking about AFC QPR on Sunday league pitches if they walk away. Seems a bit low to tell fellow supporters to fcuk off if they don’t share your vision.

Genuine question, aside from from calling for all these people to go what’s your solution?
What a F ucking week. on 22:02 - Mar 4 with 2161 viewspaulparker

What a F ucking week. on 21:45 - Mar 4 by traininvain

Over the past 12 months I’ve seen you on here calling for Warburton and Critchley to go and you’ve regularly called for Ainsworth to get the manager job. So you’ve basically got what you wanted. Not saying that’s a bad thing but not much has changed.

I don’t disagree about the Ferdinand and Hoos. They surely have to go. Disagree re the board as I think we’re talking about AFC QPR on Sunday league pitches if they walk away. Seems a bit low to tell fellow supporters to fcuk off if they don’t share your vision.

Genuine question, aside from from calling for all these people to go what’s your solution?

There is no solution
Your mate Warburton spunked the last budget we had on the likes of Sanderson, Hendricks & Gray and got no where near the play offs , despite having the best team of the last few years with the best attacking talent
Critchley was a disaster not even you was excited by him , a truly awful appointment from day one
This club has been run into the ground , it’s gone , these owners have killed us
From Warnock to Hughes to league one , I hope you and the rest are happy now, you have backed these losers and the only way is down

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What a F ucking week. on 22:12 - Mar 4 with 2147 viewsthame_hoops

Our Current situation reminds me of this 😄

What a F ucking week. on 22:22 - Mar 4 with 2117 viewstraininvain

What a F ucking week. on 22:02 - Mar 4 by paulparker

There is no solution
Your mate Warburton spunked the last budget we had on the likes of Sanderson, Hendricks & Gray and got no where near the play offs , despite having the best team of the last few years with the best attacking talent
Critchley was a disaster not even you was excited by him , a truly awful appointment from day one
This club has been run into the ground , it’s gone , these owners have killed us
From Warnock to Hughes to league one , I hope you and the rest are happy now, you have backed these losers and the only way is down

Warburton wasn’t in charge of the club’s budget. That’s down to Ferdinand and Hoos and another failure on their part. Ferdinand’s biggest failure as DOF was putting his ego ahead of the club and ousting Warburton last summer.

Let’s not forget that Warburton had us finishing in the top 10 and was responsible for improving Eze to the point that we got £20m for him. That’s why we had more financial headroom under Warburton. But experts like you wanted him gone after a poor few months and here we are.

I was happy with Warnock and would’ve kept him even if we’d got relegated from the Premiership as he would’ve got us promoted again. So I’m not sure what your point is there. I wouldn’t be surprised if you wanted him out given your track record.

It’s ironic that you’re telling other fans to fcuk off and blaming them for our current situation when you’ve got everything you wanted over the past 12 months. No solutions just burn it all to the ground. I wonder how long till you’re calling for Ainsworth to go.
Login to get fewer ads

What a F ucking week. on 22:27 - Mar 4 with 2106 viewsted_hendrix

What a F ucking week. on 20:49 - Mar 4 by bosh67

I think if we stay up it will be the QPR way. Probably get the 3 wins we need and a draw in the last 6-7 games of the season when most of us have given up hope.

Whatever, I hope Gareth tears the side apart at the end of the season and gets players in ala Warnock that do the dirty work because we don't really have those players.

Bosh,

With all due respect I can't see us getting another win never mind 3 wins.

Like a lot of posters on here we've seen relegation before and crap as those relegations have been for me this Is the worst I've ever known.

It's horrendous, as best I can I have always stuck with the club but right now I actually hate the majority of our players.

One thing sticks out for me that whatever division we are In next season this club Is going to go through some major changes, It/we cant carry on like this.

Honestly I can go back to the bucket collections and not having a pot to bloody well piss In but this Is far--far worse than that.

I'll give you a bit of admiration for your positivity but do you realise just how crap we are on the pitch?

I have run out of hope, my hope wallet Is stone cold empty.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What a F ucking week. on 22:29 - Mar 4 with 2091 viewspaulparker

What a F ucking week. on 22:22 - Mar 4 by traininvain

Warburton wasn’t in charge of the club’s budget. That’s down to Ferdinand and Hoos and another failure on their part. Ferdinand’s biggest failure as DOF was putting his ego ahead of the club and ousting Warburton last summer.

Let’s not forget that Warburton had us finishing in the top 10 and was responsible for improving Eze to the point that we got £20m for him. That’s why we had more financial headroom under Warburton. But experts like you wanted him gone after a poor few months and here we are.

I was happy with Warnock and would’ve kept him even if we’d got relegated from the Premiership as he would’ve got us promoted again. So I’m not sure what your point is there. I wouldn’t be surprised if you wanted him out given your track record.

It’s ironic that you’re telling other fans to fcuk off and blaming them for our current situation when you’ve got everything you wanted over the past 12 months. No solutions just burn it all to the ground. I wonder how long till you’re calling for Ainsworth to go.

Are you ever going to admit you got it wrong , no thought not , you have nothing
You and your ilk are part of the problem with this football club ,enjoy league one it’s what we and fans like you deserve

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

What a F ucking week. on 22:38 - Mar 4 with 2067 viewstraininvain

What a F ucking week. on 22:29 - Mar 4 by paulparker

Are you ever going to admit you got it wrong , no thought not , you have nothing
You and your ilk are part of the problem with this football club ,enjoy league one it’s what we and fans like you deserve

Admit I got what wrong? I’m not the one calling for people to be sacked left, right and centre. You’ve got everything you wanted and we’re still shit.

Meanwhile you talk about fans like me being the problem with this club but the reality is that you wanted all of this. Burn it all to the ground with no real solutions. You seem happy enough to wallow in self pity so you’re probably enjoying it all.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 22:39]
What a F ucking week. on 22:58 - Mar 4 with 2026 viewspaulparker

What a F ucking week. on 22:38 - Mar 4 by traininvain

Admit I got what wrong? I’m not the one calling for people to be sacked left, right and centre. You’ve got everything you wanted and we’re still shit.

Meanwhile you talk about fans like me being the problem with this club but the reality is that you wanted all of this. Burn it all to the ground with no real solutions. You seem happy enough to wallow in self pity so you’re probably enjoying it all.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2023 22:39]

Yeah I’m loving us being Sh1t ,seriously is that all you have as a response ? Been following this club 40 plus years , You have backed this board , this DOF and the other clowns who have fcuked this club over the last few years why not admit you got it wrong instead of calling me and posters like Lblock out for saying how it is
Your the one crying on here over your self pity of Warburton who wasted the last of our budget on dross and got no where near the play offs , still think he is better than venables ?

What a F ucking week. on 23:18 - Mar 4 with 1959 viewstraininvain

What a F ucking week. on 22:58 - Mar 4 by paulparker

Yeah I’m loving us being Sh1t ,seriously is that all you have as a response ? Been following this club 40 plus years , You have backed this board , this DOF and the other clowns who have fcuked this club over the last few years why not admit you got it wrong instead of calling me and posters like Lblock out for saying how it is
Your the one crying on here over your self pity of Warburton who wasted the last of our budget on dross and got no where near the play offs , still think he is better than venables ?

I’ve already said that I’d get rid of Ferdinand and Hoos. They’ve failed but the circumstances are very different this season compared to when we were overachieving as a top half team under Warburton.

Like I say, Ferdinand’s biggest mistake was putting his ego first and getting rid of Warburton. There’s a direct link between that action and our current predicament imo.

You talk about Warburton wasting our budget but you fail to understand or ignore that a) that’s not his decision, it’s the higher ups who decide and b) Warburton was responsible for creating financial headroom by helping the club collect £20m for Eze.

And when did I say that Warburton was better than Venables? I wasn’t even around when Venables was our manager so you’re making it up as you go along.
What a F ucking week. on 23:21 - Mar 4 with 1953 viewsNorthantsHoop

Ainsworth as we know is stuck with this lot, hopefully he can scape some results to keep us up, there is no redemption for this team, can't warm to any of them. Whatever happens stay up or go down then Ainsworth will have to develop a fitter more physical team, hope he gets the chance.
What a F ucking week. on 07:42 - Mar 5 with 1731 viewsThe_Beast1976

The owners should have been on to LF and LH last night and sacked the pair of them for their crass incompetence in getting us to this point of absolute carnage. But they won't do that.

If we're being honest, they should have been on the phone to LF and LH quite some time ago and sacked them for the same reason. But they didn't do that.

The fact that they didn't and won't do as aforesaid suggests to me that, despite by all accounts being very pleasant, geuine and well-meaning individuals, they themselves are equally as inept in their own roles as LF and LH are in theirs.

What a sorry mess. Who knows what the answer is now. I think the only hope is we somehow fluke avoiding relegation and GA pulls off a miracle in rebuilding a team to stay up next year. However, that doesn't solve other problems like building a new training ground but not building an academy to get use from it. To have any chance of redressing the latter point, IMO quite simply LF needs to go and go quickly before we squander yet more time and money.
What a F ucking week. on 08:03 - Mar 5 with 1701 viewsdavman

What a F ucking week. on 18:14 - Mar 4 by paulparker

Austin saved us FFS , and got the beloved Warburton out of a hole

At what cost though? He (and Johansen) blew the wage budget on a push for promotion.

We said at the start of the season, the back up team is not good enough. Because of our "injury" list, that is what we are reliant on now. This cannot be a surprise.

Basically, signings like Austin, Gray, Johansen, Hendrick, Sanderson and ALL Beale's babes have utterly destroyed us.

Warbs got sacked for telling it straight. Your plan of producing stars through THAT Academy with THOSE people in charge is not going to get us anywhere. He was right. So, what do our owners do? They double down because Les and his Academy staff tell the owners "it's not working, because the training facilities are not good enough", so they're given another chance to get a crap youth system "working".

1. This lot will never get a decent set up together.
2. The rules mean that anything but a level 1 Academy in our location is a waste of time.
3. There is not enough time to turn it around.
4. EVERYTHING at a football club HAS to be about the first team. If that is successful everything else will follow as people will want to buy players from a successful team.

That is why Les, Ramsey and their Academy have to go. It is producing NOTHING.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

What a F ucking week. on 08:36 - Mar 5 with 1654 viewsDejR_vu

FFS, doesn’t feel any better today

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

What a F ucking week. on 09:44 - Mar 5 with 1555 viewsPastCaringNW2

The choice is stark

Either stick with those who have stewarded the club into this turbulence, knowing that they are most likely continuing to fund the club more out of a sense of collective responsibility for the lost opportunities offered by the yo-yo years of 2011 - 2015 than out of any sense of burning ambition.

or

Find a way to live within our very limited means, while paying off the fine (and presumably some of the debt if we are to hang on to ownership of the stadium) with every danger that we plummet into the 2nd division or even the National before staging a revival.

There is no argument for relocation outside of London that will allow us to remain what we are if unmoored from W12 - we will be the proud owners of a fine history, a nice badge and a distinctive shirt template in a sport that has proven resistant to clubs
being transplanted hither and yon. How much of the fan base we would take with us is highly questionable and where exactly is this commutable community housing thousands of strangely uncommitted football fans that would welcome a slightly careworn football club into its heart. Starting a club from scratch MKD style is one thing, QPR playing out of Slough or Bracknell or somewhere something else entirely.

There are no white knights coming to save the day. Any investor will take one look at the ground, the lack of potential for expansion and put their money elsewhere.

All that is out there are the kind of shape-shifting mavericks whose plans will make Pete WInkelman's ideas seem almost desirable by comparison.

Sucking this up for now feels like the only option to me and anyone referencing the dog days of Chris Wright's tenure who thinks this is anything close to being as bad as that wasn't there. Could be if people starting thinking it is wise to run these owners out of town during a crisis.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 10:03]
What a F ucking week. on 11:27 - Mar 5 with 1425 viewsR_from_afar

What a F ucking week. on 07:42 - Mar 5 by The_Beast1976

The owners should have been on to LF and LH last night and sacked the pair of them for their crass incompetence in getting us to this point of absolute carnage. But they won't do that.

If we're being honest, they should have been on the phone to LF and LH quite some time ago and sacked them for the same reason. But they didn't do that.

The fact that they didn't and won't do as aforesaid suggests to me that, despite by all accounts being very pleasant, geuine and well-meaning individuals, they themselves are equally as inept in their own roles as LF and LH are in theirs.

What a sorry mess. Who knows what the answer is now. I think the only hope is we somehow fluke avoiding relegation and GA pulls off a miracle in rebuilding a team to stay up next year. However, that doesn't solve other problems like building a new training ground but not building an academy to get use from it. To have any chance of redressing the latter point, IMO quite simply LF needs to go and go quickly before we squander yet more time and money.

I have no way of knowing if this will happen but I feel like Lee and/or Les will leave at the end of the season regardless of whether we stay up.

If Les does stay, we have to adjust the player supply side because it isn’t working. Brace yourselves, I am going to say something positive: I believe that, with Ainsworth and Dobson onboard, we are in a good position to do that. They are used to working with whatever they can get their hands on, young, up and coming players from way down the pyramid, experienced cast offs from the EFL, ex-Premiership players… If we stick with this management team, the adjustment can be made.

However, given that we now in the grip of a relegation dogfight, I think the last thing we need is change now. We need everyone to focus on keeping us up, high level departures are distractions this already fragile and struggling squad could do without.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

What a F ucking week. on 13:36 - Mar 5 with 1306 viewsSonofpugwash

Why this incessant arguing about the past?It doesn't change what we're experiencing in the present.
Like knowing how you sustained a broken leg doesn't make it any less painful.
Just shake hands,make up and strive for a better future.

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

What a F ucking week. on 20:57 - Mar 5 with 1156 viewsnumptydumpty

What a F ucking week. on 18:12 - Mar 4 by SK_hoops

No way is going down to league 1 the best thing that could happen. Ipswich have been then for what 3 or 4 seasons now? Sheffield Wednesday two seasons. Both bigger clubs than us. Yes, both there or thereabouts now, but it's a hard division to get out of.

Got mate who is a Pompey fan.

Mr Redknapp did for them in a similar way to us and they as far off getting promoted from League One as they ever been.

Think it's their fourth season there.

Both Wigan and Bolton had almost a decade in the Premier League and they struggling there now also.

It's almost as difficult getting promoted from League One as it is the championship.

Agree. Going down would be a long term disaster of Titanic proportions.

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

What a F ucking week. on 21:53 - Mar 5 with 1055 viewsjohann28

What a F ucking week. on 20:49 - Mar 4 by bosh67

Hope you're right. Expect the players know exactly that however and that's part of the problem - how do you motivate a squad when most realise that their days are numbered?
What a F ucking week. on 23:39 - Mar 5 with 1004 viewsloftboy

What a F ucking week. on 09:44 - Mar 5 by PastCaringNW2

The choice is stark

Either stick with those who have stewarded the club into this turbulence, knowing that they are most likely continuing to fund the club more out of a sense of collective responsibility for the lost opportunities offered by the yo-yo years of 2011 - 2015 than out of any sense of burning ambition.

or

Find a way to live within our very limited means, while paying off the fine (and presumably some of the debt if we are to hang on to ownership of the stadium) with every danger that we plummet into the 2nd division or even the National before staging a revival.

There is no argument for relocation outside of London that will allow us to remain what we are if unmoored from W12 - we will be the proud owners of a fine history, a nice badge and a distinctive shirt template in a sport that has proven resistant to clubs
being transplanted hither and yon. How much of the fan base we would take with us is highly questionable and where exactly is this commutable community housing thousands of strangely uncommitted football fans that would welcome a slightly careworn football club into its heart. Starting a club from scratch MKD style is one thing, QPR playing out of Slough or Bracknell or somewhere something else entirely.

There are no white knights coming to save the day. Any investor will take one look at the ground, the lack of potential for expansion and put their money elsewhere.

All that is out there are the kind of shape-shifting mavericks whose plans will make Pete WInkelman's ideas seem almost desirable by comparison.

Sucking this up for now feels like the only option to me and anyone referencing the dog days of Chris Wright's tenure who thinks this is anything close to being as bad as that wasn't there. Could be if people starting thinking it is wise to run these owners out of town during a crisis.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2023 10:03]

Bracknell can’t even accommodate it’s own team.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

What a F ucking week. on 07:06 - Mar 6 with 933 viewssevenhoop

What a F ucking week. on 17:48 - Mar 4 by PunteR

The whole culture at the club is wrong and unfortunately some fans have made excuses for this board for 12 years. So called "sensible" posters on here talking down to fellow fans for daring to question the credibility of our owners, CEO and DoF.
I dont even know what the answer is anymore. This club has pretty much tried everything , different managers, spend money, not spend money , Haka ..etc and been shit at everything they do.

Intrigued. What would a different, unknown Board do, strapped by FFP? Apart from maybe replace Les? Be very very careful what you wish for as our whole future would be at stake
What a F ucking week. on 07:47 - Mar 6 with 872 viewskingsburyR

For me the board stay but we need rid of LF / LH.

If not just to cut the wage bill and help in the impending FFP drama the awaits us.

Who with any cash is going to see QPR as a viable business opportunity? The days of a rich QPR fan romantically riding in from the sunset to save us are well gone.

I'm still not convinced hiring GA was the right call.

But hey-ho, we are in the shite and if this season doesn't get us next season definitely will!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024