Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 AFTERMATH 16:45 - Sep 12 with 14563 viewsNotLoyal

English Championship

Swansea City v Millwall
Wednesday September 15th 2021
The newly named stadium
Kick off 7.45pm

You can watch via SKY Sports 🔴 Button.

Match Officials : JOHN BUSBY

Steven Meredith and Andrew Fox

Fourth Official : Dean Whitestone

Ooooh, look what I’ve got, referee John Busby doing show and tell at work

Millwall will come bowling in to Swansea with their sights firmly set on Rossi’s chip bar renowned internationally for its chips. In recent times their bowling in to towns has caused a few headaches, on Saturday for example they had a right old do with supporters of WBA. There was lots of dancing, the odd punch and a bloke at one point had a bit of a kip on the floor.

Millwall fans come bowling in to another town yet again. Utter mayhem

The game will be played at he newly named stadium also known as the ‘ Used to be called the Liberty stadium’ in Swansea. A chap called Martin’s Organ is currently in the building and it is expected this week he will have some lovely new signs put up if he gets a few hours off. Which is nice.

Earliest news that’s described as latest news
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55730/ntcham-chomping-at

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55756/expectations-are-h

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55759/rhys-williams-the-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55760/ben-hamer-wants-to

Tonight’s game at the newly named stadium kicks off at 7.45pm. Tickets for the game are still available from the stadium or online. You can watch via SKY Sports 🔴 Button. Millwall are expected to bring a small away following of around 120.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ryan Bennett, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango; Ethan Laird, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Michael Obafemi, Liam Cullen, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell, Liam Walsh.

Millwall: Bartosz Bialkowski, Murray Wallace, Jake Cooper (captain), Maikel Kieftenbeld, Jed Wallace, Scott Malone, George Saville, Dan Ballard, Billy Mitchell, Mason Bennett, Tom Bradshaw.

Substitutes: George Long, Alex Pearce, Ryan Leonard, Ben Thompson, Connor Mahoney, Matt Smith, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

Half Time stats

That’s it folks
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55762

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:14 - Sep 15 with 1703 viewsDr_Parnassus

I do like that sub though.

Obafemi for Ntcham.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 21:17 - Sep 15 with 1682 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 20:44 - Sep 15 by AndyCole

Too many defensively minded players for my liking. Too quick to turn back and play a languid pass. At some point I hope RM will get around to coaching us to play in the Red zone.

Best player in this system so far is Naughton, he's loving it.

We need to see MO to spice it up with his pace, and LW to add some craft and maybe some zip. Downes for all his nice touches is a spare part. Swap him for LW and let Grimesy orchestrate from deep pivot.

70% possession and ZERO shots on goal. This has to improve or the boos in the stadium could be an issue.

Make the changes, 2-0.

Russ is clearly reading this thread (as per).

Changes made, as per.

A nailed on 2-0 ........

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:19 - Sep 15 with 1653 viewsAndyCole

This already much better.

Shoulda been 1-0, but MO fluffed his lines for a tap in

(crowd awfully quiet ?)

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 21:25 - Sep 15 with 1572 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 20:51 - Sep 15 by max936

Had a stream, but it was stop start, hope I can get a decent stream for 2nd half.

bit like the football

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:30 - Sep 15 with 1508 viewsvetchonian

anyone else think Millwall will pinch this?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:33 - Sep 15 with 1447 viewsmax936

Here we go, chance here for us

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:35 - Sep 15 with 1410 viewsmax936

Brilliant effort by Walsh and save.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:40 - Sep 15 with 1316 viewsDr_Parnassus

Well that was dreadfully boring, that can’t just be me being negative as I have been accused of lately, can it? I wasn’t imagining it?

Slow, pondersome, predictable and just an all round snooze fest. Did I mention slow? I hope we aren’t going to have people pretending this performance was good because we had a lot of the ball again.

These games really are winnable regardless of “time”. God help us when we come up against a Fulham. 4-1 away winners at Brum today.

As another famous Russell said, quite aptly:-

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 21:40 - Sep 15 with 1320 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 21:10 - Sep 15 by vetchonian

He has to be given time....we are in transisiton all that Cooper ball to be coached out of the 60% of the team who were not here under Cooper but they read his tactics manual by mistake

BORIN!!!!G

Just leave it, he's gone and to which team?
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:42 - Sep 15 with 1274 viewsPawelAbbott

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:40 - Sep 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Well that was dreadfully boring, that can’t just be me being negative as I have been accused of lately, can it? I wasn’t imagining it?

Slow, pondersome, predictable and just an all round snooze fest. Did I mention slow? I hope we aren’t going to have people pretending this performance was good because we had a lot of the ball again.

These games really are winnable regardless of “time”. God help us when we come up against a Fulham. 4-1 away winners at Brum today.

As another famous Russell said, quite aptly:-

Worst start to a season in almost 20 years and no sign of getting better.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:42 - Sep 15 with 1262 viewsKeithHaynes

Ok, the second half was better after Obafemi came on.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:46 - Sep 15 with 1190 viewsAnotherJohn

I worry about future attendances sliding after that.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:47 - Sep 15 with 1174 viewsmax936

We looked ok 2nd half, Obafemi should have scored, but i was quite encouraged by us 2nd half, goals will come I'm sure, kept losing my stream first half so can't comment on that.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:47 - Sep 15 with 1156 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:42 - Sep 15 by PawelAbbott

Worst start to a season in almost 20 years and no sign of getting better.

There really is no excuse in my book.

Yes there was a bit of upheaval, but that’s football, there usually is when managers change hands. There was when Cooper took over.

We can’t keep harping back to this pre season stuff. We are 10 games into his tenure on the weekend.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:48 - Sep 15 with 1142 viewsBillyChong

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:42 - Sep 15 by KeithHaynes

Ok, the second half was better after Obafemi came on.

Walsh also helped us go forward when he came on, looks up more than Grimes. But he’s still a little rusty. Hamer MoTM.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:48 - Sep 15 with 1134 viewsmagicdaps10

Well that was like last season but without the penalty!
Controlling the game but we are desperately lacking someone to be brave in the final third, hopefully it could be Walsh or Ntcham who are still not match fit but we desperately need that player.

He has hell of a job on his hands to integrate these new lads into the squad and get the attacking confidence in the existing squad of players.

Tough one tonight.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:49 - Sep 15 with 1112 viewsThornburyswan

Possession, territory & passing all look better BUT we so far cannot translate that to decent goal attempts - both us & Millwall had the same 4 attempts on target despite our ball & territory dominance.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:53 - Sep 15 with 1063 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:48 - Sep 15 by BillyChong

Walsh also helped us go forward when he came on, looks up more than Grimes. But he’s still a little rusty. Hamer MoTM.

Hamer was very good commanded his area and in control, great performance from him.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:54 - Sep 15 with 1056 viewsBadlands

Another close to a win game.
Created chances
Goalkeeper kept them in it
Really need something happen about the shocking level of refereeing. Both teams suffered but Swans more so.
Again more shots and more attempts on target than last season's average and still Cooperball lovers think otherwise!
My moan would be the pace of Laird and Ntcham are so slow.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:54 - Sep 15 with 1056 viewsjackrabbit

No pace in the side. Like watching Walking Football.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:55 - Sep 15 with 1039 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:48 - Sep 15 by magicdaps10

Well that was like last season but without the penalty!
Controlling the game but we are desperately lacking someone to be brave in the final third, hopefully it could be Walsh or Ntcham who are still not match fit but we desperately need that player.

He has hell of a job on his hands to integrate these new lads into the squad and get the attacking confidence in the existing squad of players.

Tough one tonight.

Did we control it though?

I think people are punch drunk on possession. If we have the majority of possession then fans usually say they controlled the game. But it’s not true.

You can control the game without the ball too. They did it for large spells, they let us have the ball and tried to counter. They would be thinking they controlled the game as their game plan worked better than ours.

They had 36% of the possession but had just as many shots on target as we did.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:55 - Sep 15 with 1035 viewsmagicdaps10

Tell you something, would drop Grimes for the next game and go Ntcham and Downes!
Grimes doesn't help with a game that needs speeding up, doesn't help at all... Not saying he is a not a good player but he doesn't have that creativity when playing possession based football, need someone with a bit of thrust in the middle and a straight shoot out for the holding role, Downes at present wins that holding role over Grimes.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:58 - Sep 15 with 1002 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:55 - Sep 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Did we control it though?

I think people are punch drunk on possession. If we have the majority of possession then fans usually say they controlled the game. But it’s not true.

You can control the game without the ball too. They did it for large spells, they let us have the ball and tried to counter. They would be thinking they controlled the game as their game plan worked better than ours.

They had 36% of the possession but had just as many shots on target as we did.

I thought we did, lacked quality in the final third... That's the issue and the reason why we are looking at free agents.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 22:01 - Sep 15 with 973 viewsAndyCole

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:49 - Sep 15 by Thornburyswan

Possession, territory & passing all look better BUT we so far cannot translate that to decent goal attempts - both us & Millwall had the same 4 attempts on target despite our ball & territory dominance.

Looks can be deceiving.

Would far rather a less PR-centric manager who isn't so focused on looks, style and no substance. The bloke needs to focus on us winning. Maybe he lacks focus. Maybe his focus is elsewhere.......

Time to get results, quick. It's what matters, always.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 22:01 - Sep 15 with 969 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 GAME ON ! on 21:54 - Sep 15 by Badlands

Another close to a win game.
Created chances
Goalkeeper kept them in it
Really need something happen about the shocking level of refereeing. Both teams suffered but Swans more so.
Again more shots and more attempts on target than last season's average and still Cooperball lovers think otherwise!
My moan would be the pace of Laird and Ntcham are so slow.

Still not true unfortunately.

Coopers first season, first 7 games = 81 attempts (33 on target)
Coopers second season, first 7 games = 78 attempts (27 on target)

This season, first 7 games = 65 attempts (22 on target)

Another myth sadly.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024