Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 AFTERMATH 16:45 - Sep 12 with 14564 viewsNotLoyal

English Championship

Swansea City v Millwall
Wednesday September 15th 2021
The newly named stadium
Kick off 7.45pm

You can watch via SKY Sports 🔴 Button.

Match Officials : JOHN BUSBY

Steven Meredith and Andrew Fox

Fourth Official : Dean Whitestone

Ooooh, look what I’ve got, referee John Busby doing show and tell at work

Millwall will come bowling in to Swansea with their sights firmly set on Rossi’s chip bar renowned internationally for its chips. In recent times their bowling in to towns has caused a few headaches, on Saturday for example they had a right old do with supporters of WBA. There was lots of dancing, the odd punch and a bloke at one point had a bit of a kip on the floor.

Millwall fans come bowling in to another town yet again. Utter mayhem

The game will be played at he newly named stadium also known as the ‘ Used to be called the Liberty stadium’ in Swansea. A chap called Martin’s Organ is currently in the building and it is expected this week he will have some lovely new signs put up if he gets a few hours off. Which is nice.

Earliest news that’s described as latest news
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55730/ntcham-chomping-at

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55756/expectations-are-h

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55759/rhys-williams-the-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55760/ben-hamer-wants-to

Tonight’s game at the newly named stadium kicks off at 7.45pm. Tickets for the game are still available from the stadium or online. You can watch via SKY Sports 🔴 Button. Millwall are expected to bring a small away following of around 120.

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ryan Bennett, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango; Ethan Laird, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Michael Obafemi, Liam Cullen, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell, Liam Walsh.

Millwall: Bartosz Bialkowski, Murray Wallace, Jake Cooper (captain), Maikel Kieftenbeld, Jed Wallace, Scott Malone, George Saville, Dan Ballard, Billy Mitchell, Mason Bennett, Tom Bradshaw.

Substitutes: George Long, Alex Pearce, Ryan Leonard, Ben Thompson, Connor Mahoney, Matt Smith, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

Half Time stats

That’s it folks
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55762

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 10:59 - Sep 15 with 1757 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 10:49 - Sep 15 by Badlands

Already getting far more attempts on goals than the last two seasons!
Goals, yes please but we were hardly prolific under Cooper.
This squad and Martin need another couple of months.

Are we?

Coopers first season, first 6 games = 73 attempts (32 on target)
Coopers second season, first 6 games = 68 attempts (25 on target)

This season, first 6 games = 53 attempts (18 on target)

Another myth sadly.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 11:08 - Sep 15 with 1744 viewsDr_Parnassus

Sorry didn't address the goals part of that.

Coopers first season, first 6 games = 10 goals (4 conceded)
Coopers second season, first 6 games = 7 goals (4 conceded)

This season, first 6 games = 4 goals (8 conceded)

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 11:11 - Sep 15 with 1754 viewsKeithHaynes

Tonight’s game at the swansea.com stadium kicks off at 7.45pm. Tickets for the game are still available from the stadium or online. You can watch via SKY Sports 🔴 Button. Millwall are expected to bring a small away following of around 120.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 11:33 - Sep 15 with 1722 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 10:49 - Sep 15 by Badlands

Already getting far more attempts on goals than the last two seasons!
Goals, yes please but we were hardly prolific under Cooper.
This squad and Martin need another couple of months.

Without doubt mate.

We lost Ayew and Lowe, along with one of the top chance makers in the league last year Roberts.

The goals were always going to be a worry as soon as we lost those three, and it has worked out as expected. Still way to early for the panic and people whinging about Martin. 6 games in mun. I'm still angry about the penalty not being given Saturday, all ifs and buts I know but winning that Saturday would have settled everyone down.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 11:39 - Sep 15 with 1703 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 11:33 - Sep 15 by 34dfgdf54

Without doubt mate.

We lost Ayew and Lowe, along with one of the top chance makers in the league last year Roberts.

The goals were always going to be a worry as soon as we lost those three, and it has worked out as expected. Still way to early for the panic and people whinging about Martin. 6 games in mun. I'm still angry about the penalty not being given Saturday, all ifs and buts I know but winning that Saturday would have settled everyone down.

Without doubt? It simply isn't true.

We are currently not just getting less attempts, but far less attempts.

We have gone from 70.5 shots on average in the opening 6 game block over the course of the last 2 seasons... to 53.

That's a decrease of 25%. That is massive.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 12:05 - Sep 15 with 1686 viewsmax936

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 11:33 - Sep 15 by 34dfgdf54

Without doubt mate.

Agreed Risca. See where we are mid/end October.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 12:59 - Sep 15 with 1642 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 11:08 - Sep 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Sorry didn't address the goals part of that.

Coopers first season, first 6 games = 10 goals (4 conceded)
Coopers second season, first 6 games = 7 goals (4 conceded)

This season, first 6 games = 4 goals (8 conceded)

And all whilst having more possesion of the ball yet somehow we attempt less shots score less goals and concede more?

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 13:00 - Sep 15 with 1639 viewsKeithHaynes

Latest news

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55759/rhys-williams-the-

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 13:12 - Sep 15 with 1624 viewsvetchonian

Without doubt mate.

Yet when Cooper arrived there was no McBurnie or JAmes so a similar situation existed and Lowe played in opening games!

The hypocrisy is amazing on here....

Cooper was called out for playing negative defensive football yet managed more goal attempts, and scored goals.
The idea of possesion football is to prevent the opposition form having the ball to be a threat...somehow it doesnt seem to be working?

Much was made about our Xg under Cooper it would be interesting to see it for us currently

I want our manager to succeed and I am not happy just ot avoid relegation.
No more excuses can me made about having to coach out Coopers coaching 63% of Saturdays team didnt play under Cooper or where even here under Cooper.

The issue is how long have we to wait before we see results? It has been proven that change in style and personnel can be made yet results achieved in a short period...It could be argued our only league win is not down to Martin but the players.....

I am behind him but I get frustrated by the "rose tinted" support as nicely put by Lisa its akin to the "Emporers New Clothes"
[Post edited 15 Sep 2021 13:16]

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 13:23 - Sep 15 with 1612 viewsThornburyswan

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 13:12 - Sep 15 by vetchonian

Yet when Cooper arrived there was no McBurnie or JAmes so a similar situation existed and Lowe played in opening games!

Cooper was called out for playing negative defensive football yet managed more goal attempts, and scored goals.
The idea of possesion football is to prevent the opposition form having the ball to be a threat...somehow it doesnt seem to be working?

Much was made about our Xg under Cooper it would be interesting to see it for us currently

No more excuses can me made about having to coach out Coopers coaching 63% of Saturdays team didnt play under Cooper or where even here under Cooper.

The issue is how long have we to wait before we see results? It has been proven that change in style and personnel can be made yet results achieved in a short period...It could be argued our only league win is not down to Martin but the players.....

I am behind him but I get frustrated by the "rose tinted" support as nicely put by Lisa its akin to the "Emporers New Clothes"

I’m kinda with you Vetch but this continual harping back to ‘Cooper did this or that etc etc’ is for me what is driving the wedge between fans - we all, I think, want RM & his team to be successful (if anyone doesn’t may I suggest there are another 91 professional clubs out there that might appreciate your support) but Cooper is history.

For whatever reason he fancied a look at what was out there in the summer & it got to a point where rowing back from that by both him & Winter, Allen & Silverstein became very difficult so we & he moved on.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 13:37 - Sep 15 with 1592 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 13:23 - Sep 15 by Thornburyswan

I’m kinda with you Vetch but this continual harping back to ‘Cooper did this or that etc etc’ is for me what is driving the wedge between fans - we all, I think, want RM & his team to be successful (if anyone doesn’t may I suggest there are another 91 professional clubs out there that might appreciate your support) but Cooper is history.

For whatever reason he fancied a look at what was out there in the summer & it got to a point where rowing back from that by both him & Winter, Allen & Silverstein became very difficult so we & he moved on.

I agree too Cooper is now history but comararisons will be made unfortunately.
I just get frustrated by the myths still being perpetuated and the questioning of certain fans integrity because they are analyising and express concners about how things appear to be.

We need Martin to succeed , I want him to succeed the outcome of anything else worries me....

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 13:55 - Sep 15 with 1554 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 13:37 - Sep 15 by vetchonian

I agree too Cooper is now history but comararisons will be made unfortunately.
I just get frustrated by the myths still being perpetuated and the questioning of certain fans integrity because they are analyising and express concners about how things appear to be.

We need Martin to succeed , I want him to succeed the outcome of anything else worries me....

Same, I’m desperate for Martin to succeed, but won’t join in with the myths. I can’t stand them, but people lap them up and then get annoyed when someone shows they aren’t true.

We are all in the same boat, we want the club to progress. But I think people are getting a bit frustrated that there isn’t a lot of realism about.

As for today’s game, it is absolutely a game that we should be looking to pick up 3 points. I think we absolutely can win and have the players now to really attack them, I just hope we do and things start to turn.

Our season could start today if we go about it the right way.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 15:11 - Sep 15 with 1498 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 11:39 - Sep 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Without doubt? It simply isn't true.

We are currently not just getting less attempts, but far less attempts.

We have gone from 70.5 shots on average in the opening 6 game block over the course of the last 2 seasons... to 53.

That's a decrease of 25%. That is massive.

I meant without doubt he needs to be given time.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 15:15 - Sep 15 with 1490 views34dfgdf54

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 13:12 - Sep 15 by vetchonian

He had one of the best strikers in the league on £3.5m, Ayew was guaranteed goals at this level.

Everyone before the season knew this one was a massive rebuild, Cooper knew that himself, parachute payments completely gone, Ayew no longer, Lowe and Roberts sold for small amounts who were all very good players at this level.

I don't want to just avoid relegation, I want comfortable mid table maybe with a sniff of play offs, it's six games in, calm down. The Cooper lovers on here were always going to jump on a poor start, that's fine, I'm willing to give it a bit more than 6 games personally.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 15:34 - Sep 15 with 1460 viewsKeithHaynes

Latest comments and team news.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55760/ben-hamer-wants-to

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 15:36 - Sep 15 with 1447 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 15:15 - Sep 15 by 34dfgdf54

He had one of the best strikers in the league on £3.5m, Ayew was guaranteed goals at this level.

Everyone before the season knew this one was a massive rebuild, Cooper knew that himself, parachute payments completely gone, Ayew no longer, Lowe and Roberts sold for small amounts who were all very good players at this level.

I don't want to just avoid relegation, I want comfortable mid table maybe with a sniff of play offs, it's six games in, calm down. The Cooper lovers on here were always going to jump on a poor start, that's fine, I'm willing to give it a bit more than 6 games personally.

We have lost goal scorers every year. Cooper lost McBurnie from the season before, and Dan James, the two key players in the previous team.

We now have Piroe who has scored more than Ayew at this stage last season and is much more of a natural striker than Ayew was, who is a forward.

Every year is a rebuild, this one is no different.

In our last game we had 7 new players and 4 legacy players. When Cooper took over he had 7 new players and 4 legacy players.

The same.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 15:41 - Sep 15 with 1445 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 15:11 - Sep 15 by 34dfgdf54

I meant without doubt he needs to be given time.

Absolutely, I don’t think anyone is suggesting we sack him.

But we need to start seeing results. We are coming up to game 9 and 10 now, Bradley had 11.

I think he needs a bit of time to turn it around, but not time to be critiqued. Poor performances should be discussed, poor results should be discussed and our tactical shortcomings should be discussed.

I think that’s common sense personally.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 17:42 - Sep 15 with 1339 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 15:41 - Sep 15 by Dr_Parnassus

Absolutely, I don’t think anyone is suggesting we sack him.

But we need to start seeing results. We are coming up to game 9 and 10 now, Bradley had 11.

I think he needs a bit of time to turn it around, but not time to be critiqued. Poor performances should be discussed, poor results should be discussed and our tactical shortcomings should be discussed.

I think that’s common sense personally.

I'm sorry Doc but we shouldn't compare RM with bobbly.

To be fair to bobbly was under far too much pressure when he got here, we were struggling in the pressure cooker PL where millions were at stake plus bobbly was bloody useless whereas RM whilst he has less experience than bobbly has imo a bit more about him.
Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 18:25 - Sep 15 with 1292 viewsDr_Parnassus

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 on 17:42 - Sep 15 by Fireboy2

I'm sorry Doc but we shouldn't compare RM with bobbly.

To be fair to bobbly was under far too much pressure when he got here, we were struggling in the pressure cooker PL where millions were at stake plus bobbly was bloody useless whereas RM whilst he has less experience than bobbly has imo a bit more about him.

I didn’t make any comparison.

I just stared a fact, Bob Bradley was given 11 games before he was sacked - I would imagine he was spoken to a fair while before that regarding KPI’s and targets and didn’t hit them, so these owners don’t tend to allow too much mediocrity before they start to get serious.

I think Martin will be given longer than Bradley, and agree with that. But performances and results should be analysed at this point, I don’t agree with accepting mediocrity in the meantime. Continuous monitoring of the situation is desirable for everyone, Martin included.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 (n/t) on 18:50 - Sep 15 with 1255 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City: Ben Hamer; Ryan Bennett, Kyle Naughton, Ben Cabango; Ethan Laird, Flynn Downes, Matt Grimes (captain), Ryan Manning; Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Steven Benda, Jay Fulton, Michael Obafemi, Liam Cullen, Joel Latibeaudiere, Jake Bidwell, Liam Walsh.

Millwall: Bartosz Bialkowski, Murray Wallace, Jake Cooper (captain), Maikel Kieftenbeld, Jed Wallace, Scott Malone, George Saville, Dan Ballard, Billy Mitchell, Mason Bennett, Tom Bradshaw.

Substitutes: George Long, Alex Pearce, Ryan Leonard, Ben Thompson, Connor Mahoney, Matt Smith, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 18:56 - Sep 15 with 1219 viewsraynor94

No Williams but Walsh on the bench

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 18:58 - Sep 15 with 1207 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 18:56 - Sep 15 by raynor94

No Williams but Walsh on the bench

And Martin did say he was fit 😲

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 19:21 - Sep 15 with 1096 viewsDr_Parnassus

Very strong starting XI for me.

I do wish we managed to bring in an upgrade for Paterson though, does stand out as potentially a long term weak point even though capable of short term wins according to the Bristol fans.

If we truly are in a false position then we need to be aiming for the full 3 points here against a Millwall side at home, who I expect to be in the bottom half come the end of the season.

Need to see greater attacking intent where we move the ball far quicker. If we do then I’ll go for 2-0 Swans.

Piroe and Ntcham to get off the mark.

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 19:38 - Sep 15 with 1029 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City v Millwall : Matchday Thread 2020/21 TEAMS on 19:48 - Sep 15 with 992 viewsmax936

Does Now TV offer the Red Button, anyone know?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024