Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wells off? 14:11 - Jan 21 with 64117 viewsHayesender

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/burnley-recall-bristol-city-target-

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Wells off? on 14:16 - Jan 28 with 3106 viewsMatch82

Wells off? on 14:06 - Jan 28 by rsonist

You simply can't tell a real deal in the Scottish second division. And the suggestion is they want over £2m for him.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/stoke-city-t

Disciplined Brentford are reportedly back in for Lyle Taylor (same age and expiring contract situation as Wells) incidentally.

Same thing as bidding for a player in league 1 or 2 IMO. Unproven, but that's why they are cheap(er). Didn't work with Washington but that doesn't mean it was the wrong approach.

I'd personally like us to start by looking at our coaching setup, try and find one or two skills that our coaches are especially good at developing, focus on identifying young players in the lower leagues who are very good but aren't playing at a higher level because they are lacking in those specific skills, then training them up.
Wells off? on 14:26 - Jan 28 with 3034 viewsrsonist

Wells off? on 14:16 - Jan 28 by Match82

Same thing as bidding for a player in league 1 or 2 IMO. Unproven, but that's why they are cheap(er). Didn't work with Washington but that doesn't mean it was the wrong approach.

I'd personally like us to start by looking at our coaching setup, try and find one or two skills that our coaches are especially good at developing, focus on identifying young players in the lower leagues who are very good but aren't playing at a higher level because they are lacking in those specific skills, then training them up.

Oh don't get me wrong I completely agree. The lower leagues haven't seemed to be on our radar since MW arrived (understandably, arguably) but whatever the reason that will have to change if we're to progress.

Shankland looks particularly risky at that price is my point. Precedents aren't great either - Leigh Griffiths didn't set the world on fire at Wolves for instance.
Wells off? on 15:05 - Jan 28 with 2918 viewsMatch82

Wells off? on 14:26 - Jan 28 by rsonist

Oh don't get me wrong I completely agree. The lower leagues haven't seemed to be on our radar since MW arrived (understandably, arguably) but whatever the reason that will have to change if we're to progress.

Shankland looks particularly risky at that price is my point. Precedents aren't great either - Leigh Griffiths didn't set the world on fire at Wolves for instance.

2mil seems like a lot for a team of our financial situation on the face of it. But it's so hard to tell what good value is with the prices being thrown at strikers these days!
Wells off? on 15:35 - Jan 28 with 2849 viewsCincyHoop

Wells off? on 15:05 - Jan 28 by Match82

2mil seems like a lot for a team of our financial situation on the face of it. But it's so hard to tell what good value is with the prices being thrown at strikers these days!

If he can't get goals with BOS, Eze, Chair, and Pugh serving balls into the box, he won't score anywhere else either..
Wells off? on 00:47 - Jan 29 with 2635 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Pleased to see on the prediction page there are 3 of us who fancy Wells to score the first goal against Bristol City on Saturday.

[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 0:50]
Wells off? on 00:56 - Jan 29 with 2618 viewsVancouverHoop

Wells off? on 12:33 - Jan 28 by paulparker

If it’s 8 million then that’s a steal the lad from Brum is being touted as 20 million and he hasn’t even done his GCSES
Hugill will be the next one to get a move in the summer I can see a club paying 8 million for him
We are showcasing these players so other clubs get paid , it’s good in a way because clubs will gives us those players on loan on the flip side we are losing players every year and not getting any fees ourselves
We are becoming a feeder club

Yes, but I daresay Wycombe fans might consider themselves a feeder club for us. It's how the game goes these days.
Wells off? on 01:51 - Jan 29 with 2593 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Wells off? on 02:58 - Jan 28 by Northernr

If so, none of that is a good deal for us. We lose a player for 8 who looks like he's going to be worth far more in the future, we gain a short term option approaching his 30th birthday, and we sticking plaster the gap it leaves with a kid who looks a million miles away on loan.

Agree. I just hope I'm wrong because QPR have form for this kind of deal.
[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 1:59]
Wells off? on 01:57 - Jan 29 with 2588 viewswombat

Wells off? on 01:51 - Jan 29 by Benny_the_Ball

My main concern is penrice leaving the club , so far Warburton I has bring in players he knows fair enough is he a good judge of player ? Not sure on that one to be honest , happy to fill the team with loans which have bar well and Hugill been mainly poor to be honest , Amos smith Mlakar no t great

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Wells off? on 10:01 - Jan 29 with 2491 viewsloftus77

Wells off? on 01:51 - Jan 29 by Benny_the_Ball

I always rated Keith Rowland.
Wells off? on 10:15 - Jan 29 with 2435 viewsloftboy

Wells off? on 01:57 - Jan 29 by wombat

My main concern is penrice leaving the club , so far Warburton I has bring in players he knows fair enough is he a good judge of player ? Not sure on that one to be honest , happy to fill the team with loans which have bar well and Hugill been mainly poor to be honest , Amos smith Mlakar no t great

You can’t say Hugill has been poor, he’s in double figures for the season.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Wells off? on 10:16 - Jan 29 with 2430 viewspaulparker

Good point about penrice perhaps the club is going down the loan route more than the buying of players hence why penrice has gone

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Wells off? on 10:17 - Jan 29 with 2424 viewsGloucs_R

Wells off? on 10:15 - Jan 29 by loftboy

You can’t say Hugill has been poor, he’s in double figures for the season.

Agree, he's got 1 in 3 this season and some of those games he started on the bench

Poll: Are we staying up?

Wells off? on 10:26 - Jan 29 with 2390 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Maybe Penrice was too closely linked to Ollie.
Wells off? on 10:56 - Jan 29 with 2304 viewseghamranger

If wells doesn’t fancy it we do need someone this month.

Linked with Parrott and Shankland...who both are unknown in this league.

Shame we couldn’t of got Scott Hogan in.

MW must have a card up his sleeve.
Wells off? on 11:00 - Jan 29 with 2292 viewsWestbourneR

When and why did Penrice leave???

This is the man who spotted Freeman, Scowen and BOS.

BOS was particularly clever as he wasn't widely rated.

He's a truly brilliant scout and should be kept on at all costs. Probably the most important asset this club has along with Chris Ramsey.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wells off? on 11:01 - Jan 29 with 2275 viewsMaggsinho

Wells off? on 11:00 - Jan 29 by WestbourneR

He's a truly brilliant scout and should be kept on at all costs. Probably the most important asset this club has along with Chris Ramsey.

6th December.

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/gary-penrice-departs/
Wells off? on 11:02 - Jan 29 with 2267 viewsqueensparker

He left a few months ago
Wells off? on 11:46 - Jan 29 with 2169 viewsdaveB

Wells off? on 10:16 - Jan 29 by paulparker

Good point about penrice perhaps the club is going down the loan route more than the buying of players hence why penrice has gone

Penrice was the one who suggested we go down the loan route last year and told them to wait as long as possible as they would get Wells if they held their nerve.

Shame he's gone but he did help to put in place a good structure so him going is not the end of the world
Wells off? on 11:53 - Jan 29 with 2136 viewsWestbourneR

The structures is all well and good but it's his eye that's special, you can't teach that.

P**sed off he's gone, I sometimes feel Les wants to be in charge of recruitment and feels threatened when he's not got total control. But the issue is... Peno seems to have a far better knack for spotting raw talent than Les

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Wells off? on 12:29 - Jan 29 with 2049 viewsnix

Bit harsh to say Hughill has been poor. He's scored more already in the league (9) than anyone did in the whole of last season (seven for Wells, Freeman and Hemed). He hasn't scored as many in the last couple of months but we've been playing some good sides and Eze hasn't been quite at his creative best since Christmas because he looks knackered. Obviously we don't know what proportion of his salary we're paying but it seems a pretty good deal for one season, as to buy him would be £8 million and we would have to pay his full wages.

I think any of us would have been pleased with the number of goals we've scored this season but we've been just leaking goals. I do think it's not just the defence as our midfield have also been disappointing in terms of defending as I stated on another thread.
Wells off? on 13:51 - Jan 29 with 1955 viewsdavman

Wells off? on 00:47 - Jan 29 by superhoopdownunder

Pleased to see on the prediction page there are 3 of us who fancy Wells to score the first goal against Bristol City on Saturday.

[Post edited 29 Jan 2020 0:50]

Maybe they meant first goal FOR Bristol C?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wells off? on 14:19 - Jan 29 with 1895 viewsdaveB

Wells off? on 11:53 - Jan 29 by WestbourneR

The structures is all well and good but it's his eye that's special, you can't teach that.

P**sed off he's gone, I sometimes feel Les wants to be in charge of recruitment and feels threatened when he's not got total control. But the issue is... Peno seems to have a far better knack for spotting raw talent than Les

If that was the case he wouldn't have given Penrice the job
Wells off? on 14:25 - Jan 29 with 1864 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Wells off? on 14:19 - Jan 29 by daveB

If that was the case he wouldn't have given Penrice the job

Or promoted a replacement.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Wells off? on 14:35 - Jan 29 with 1816 viewsAntti_Heinola

Mel Johnson spotted BOS, and Mel's still here. Penrice got on board with it though and the two of them convinced Ollie to sign him.

Bare bones.

Wells off? on 15:04 - Jan 29 with 1738 viewsrsonist

Wells off? on 14:35 - Jan 29 by Antti_Heinola

Mel Johnson spotted BOS, and Mel's still here. Penrice got on board with it though and the two of them convinced Ollie to sign him.

I hadn't heard that detail. Did it come up one of the podcasts?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024