Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leicester City helicopter crash 09:07 - Oct 28 with 11341 viewsMrSwerve

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1037344/Leicester-helicopter-crash-chai

Not quite sure why the other thread was deleted as it seemed to have been sufficiently moderated.

Anyway...hopefully we can continue this discussion without further silly posts. No further news in terms of the fate of the passengers...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Leicester City helicopter crash on 21:31 - Oct 28 with 3350 viewsFlashberryjack

Leicester City helicopter crash on 21:11 - Oct 28 by Catullus

Haven't they confirmed that his daughter wasn't on the copter?

Maybe after this they will change the rules around helicopters but as the stadium was empty, landing on the pitch was probably safer than many helipads. Take Morriston hospital ( and the Heath for that matter ) if there is a problem at those helipads there could be utter chaos.

In Leicesters case the opinion seemed to be (I looked on ntheir forum) that the helicopter had a problem and the pilot managed to steer it away from nearby houses before crashing. There could easily have been a massive loss of life as there were still many people close to the ground. Helicopters aren't very safe, compared to airplanes anyway.

Whichever way you look at it, its a tragedy. The foxes fans seem to have genuine affection for their owner and his family.

What rules would you change for helicopters ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Leicester City helicopter crash on 21:34 - Oct 28 with 3333 viewsCatullus

Leicester City helicopter crash on 21:31 - Oct 28 by Flashberryjack

What rules would you change for helicopters ?

Maybe not allowing them to land near sports stadia, have to have a much larger clear space for helipads.
The death toll in Leicester could have been much worse.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Leicester City helicopter crash on 21:40 - Oct 28 with 3305 viewsFlashberryjack

Leicester City helicopter crash on 21:34 - Oct 28 by Catullus

Maybe not allowing them to land near sports stadia, have to have a much larger clear space for helipads.
The death toll in Leicester could have been much worse.

To be fair, if the helicopter had taken off from an airport or a hellipad it could well have crashed anywhere, just the same as any other aircraft.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Leicester City helicopter crash on 21:51 - Oct 28 with 3277 viewsKilkennyjack

Beware of the Risen People

Leicester City helicopter crash on 22:15 - Oct 28 with 3194 viewsforkbeard

Confirmed he has passed away. RIP.
https://www.lcfc.com/news/890995/club-statement-vichai-srivaddhanaprabha/press-r
Leicester City helicopter crash on 22:20 - Oct 28 with 3167 viewsjack2jack

Leicester City helicopter crash on 22:15 - Oct 28 by forkbeard

Confirmed he has passed away. RIP.
https://www.lcfc.com/news/890995/club-statement-vichai-srivaddhanaprabha/press-r

That is really sad, from what I've read today he seemed like a genuinely nice man, and very well respected.
Terrible tragedy.
RIP.
Leicester City helicopter crash on 22:27 - Oct 28 with 3146 viewsWingstandwood

Leicester City helicopter crash on 22:20 - Oct 28 by jack2jack

That is really sad, from what I've read today he seemed like a genuinely nice man, and very well respected.
Terrible tragedy.
RIP.

Indeed, he seemed to be a 'genuine-investor' and chairman of a football club. One of those diamond owners like Blackburn's Jack Walker who put his money where his mouth was i.e. bankrolling a club with tens upon tens of millions of Pounds.

Read an online tribute from a Leicester journalist who wrote that their sadly departed chairman had previously paid off all of Leicester's previous debt and was a financial backer for a £100 million training complex.

He truly was #next level.

Argus!

Leicester City helicopter crash on 22:45 - Oct 28 with 3103 viewsAndy1300

Number 1 team in Wales

Login to get fewer ads

Leicester City helicopter crash on 23:07 - Oct 28 with 3048 viewsLoyal

Never liked the fcking things, hated travelling in them in the army, twice involved in spinning crash landings, fcking terrifying. I'm sure the army did it to make you battle ready 😂

The guy was worth billions, and I remember too Matthew Harding. What would either have given to have nothing but their lives today. There's no discrimination here.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Leicester City helicopter crash on 23:30 - Oct 28 with 3016 viewsMorganator100

Leicester City helicopter crash on 22:27 - Oct 28 by Wingstandwood

Indeed, he seemed to be a 'genuine-investor' and chairman of a football club. One of those diamond owners like Blackburn's Jack Walker who put his money where his mouth was i.e. bankrolling a club with tens upon tens of millions of Pounds.

Read an online tribute from a Leicester journalist who wrote that their sadly departed chairman had previously paid off all of Leicester's previous debt and was a financial backer for a £100 million training complex.

He truly was #next level.

He also contributed financially to fund local hospital projects, had just donated £2 million to one hospital project.

Will be a sad loss not just for Leicester City FC but to the whole Leicester community, was a very humble person by all accounts. You see his photographs with the players. A lovely piece has been written by Kasper Schmeichel about him.
Leicester City helicopter crash on 00:10 - Oct 29 with 2970 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Leicester City helicopter crash on 23:30 - Oct 28 by Morganator100

He also contributed financially to fund local hospital projects, had just donated £2 million to one hospital project.

Will be a sad loss not just for Leicester City FC but to the whole Leicester community, was a very humble person by all accounts. You see his photographs with the players. A lovely piece has been written by Kasper Schmeichel about him.

What an amazing philanthropist he was. I hope HJ and our current owners look at the massive contribution he and his family made to the city of Leicester and reflect on themselves and their contribution to our club and city

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Leicester City helicopter crash on 00:14 - Oct 29 with 2966 viewsLeonWasGod

Leicester City helicopter crash on 23:07 - Oct 28 by Loyal

Never liked the fcking things, hated travelling in them in the army, twice involved in spinning crash landings, fcking terrifying. I'm sure the army did it to make you battle ready 😂

The guy was worth billions, and I remember too Matthew Harding. What would either have given to have nothing but their lives today. There's no discrimination here.

There is s kind of discrimination as it’s mostly the rich ones who can afford them. Know what you mean though. Not a massive fan myself either and been in a few rust heaps in a former life.

Sad event this. Seems he was genuinely loved and respected.
Leicester City helicopter crash on 03:48 - Oct 29 with 2883 viewssnork44

Leicester City helicopter crash on 00:14 - Oct 29 by LeonWasGod

There is s kind of discrimination as it’s mostly the rich ones who can afford them. Know what you mean though. Not a massive fan myself either and been in a few rust heaps in a former life.

Didn't Nathen Dyer get helicoptered up to Leicester in the chairmans helicopter when he was being loaned out to the Foxes. Such a tragic event ,he seemed such a genuine man, as other people have commented Messrs Levien, Kaplen and Jenkins could all take a leaf out of the late Leicester's chairmans book!

Premier Snork now watching from the USA
Poll: What do you prefer on Planet Swans after a game?

Leicester City helicopter crash on 07:23 - Oct 29 with 2804 viewsMrSwerve

Terrible news. RIP.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Leicester City helicopter crash on 07:41 - Oct 29 with 2783 viewsItchySphincter

Leicester City helicopter crash on 21:40 - Oct 28 by Flashberryjack

To be fair, if the helicopter had taken off from an airport or a hellipad it could well have crashed anywhere, just the same as any other aircraft.

It’s all about minimising risk though.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Leicester City helicopter crash on 07:46 - Oct 29 with 2773 viewsDr_Winston

Leicester City helicopter crash on 07:41 - Oct 29 by ItchySphincter

It’s all about minimising risk though.

The helipad at Morriston Hospital is less than 100 metres from the main entrance, a usually full car park and shedloads of housing. The general point of helicopters is that they're not like planes needing loads of space to land/take off.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Leicester City helicopter crash on 08:20 - Oct 29 with 2743 viewswestside

When Nathan Dyer went to them on loan was he flown up on that helicopter
Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:28 - Oct 29 with 2669 viewsLoyal

Leicester City helicopter crash on 00:14 - Oct 29 by LeonWasGod

I'll clarify, death doesn't discriminate.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Leicester City helicopter crash on 23:49 - Oct 29 with 2497 viewsjackportis

As a recognition of this chaps charitable donation every premier league club should donate money to their local hospitals.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

Leicester City helicopter crash on 19:30 - Oct 30 with 2340 viewslonglostjack

Leicester City helicopter crash on 23:49 - Oct 29 by jackportis

As a recognition of this chaps charitable donation every premier league club should donate money to their local hospitals.

Or clubs should have to automatically deduct 15 % from agents’ fees on every transfer for local charities.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Leicester City helicopter crash on 20:01 - Oct 30 with 2314 viewsLeonWasGod

Leicester City helicopter crash on 09:28 - Oct 29 by Loyal

I'll clarify, death doesn't discriminate.

Ah, I see what you mean. Sure doesn’t.
Leicester City helicopter crash on 18:16 - Oct 31 with 2141 viewsLoyal

Turning in to a fcking celebrity get your face on the TV circus.

Leicester City helicopter crash on 18:31 - Oct 31 with 2123 viewsItchySphincter

Leicester City helicopter crash on 07:46 - Oct 29 by Dr_Winston

The helipad at Morriston Hospital is less than 100 metres from the main entrance, a usually full car park and shedloads of housing. The general point of helicopters is that they're not like planes needing loads of space to land/take off.

Landing an Air Ambulance at a hospital has nothing in common with landing a helicopter in a football stadium.

Any news on the rumour earlier in the week that a police drone was involved?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 18:34]

Leicester City helicopter crash on 18:45 - Oct 31 with 2108 viewsBadlands

Leicester City helicopter crash on 18:31 - Oct 31 by ItchySphincter

Landing an Air Ambulance at a hospital has nothing in common with landing a helicopter in a football stadium.

Any news on the rumour earlier in the week that a police drone was involved?
[Post edited 31 Oct 2018 18:34]

'Landing an Air Ambulance at a hospital has nothing in common with landing a helicopter in a football stadium. '
Eh!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Leicester City helicopter crash on 18:56 - Oct 31 with 2100 viewsItchySphincter

Leicester City helicopter crash on 18:45 - Oct 31 by Badlands

'Landing an Air Ambulance at a hospital has nothing in common with landing a helicopter in a football stadium. '
Eh!

Take it in the context it was intended.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024