Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony fee agreed 11:00 - Jan 11 with 20341 viewsGTCJack

On twitter now.

BBC Wales sport reporting fee of £30m.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 11:02]
Bony fee agreed on 18:59 - Jan 11 with 2271 viewssomersetsimon

Bony fee agreed on 16:54 - Jan 11 by bermudajack

In the summer we all thought Spurs or Liverpool would take him for £20M, at the halfway stage of this season, with the club on 30 points and its looking extremely favourable for us to survive, with the injury crisis at the Ethiad and Bony being one of the few quality strikers that are available able to play CL this season, the deal suits all parties perfectly.

There's no way Bony would have stayed until the summer, the closer we'd gotten to the end of the window the bids would have been made which could have given us a few more £M for him, however this way we know the price, we save a months wages, we can look for suitable replacements if Gomis & Olivera don't work out, and we've guaranteed a hefty profit.

Once again well played Huw, now let's get this stadium expansion sorted, for us to get bigger we need to be bigger... 👍

I think I said in another post somewhere that I'd prefer to take £25M now than £30M on the last day of the transfer window. If we'd strung it out, then we'd have less time to use the money and we'd risk unsettling Gomis and potentially losing him as well.
Also, if our starting bid was £30M, then surely that implied that we were expecting to settle for a bit less.
Bony fee agreed on 19:37 - Jan 11 with 2184 viewsParlay

Ouch! This is not a good deal.

£25m for one of the top 10 strikers in World Football, 26 years old with a long contract.

We have been robbed blind. Would have been a fair enough price pre season, however added to his continued form, this should have been a £35m deal all day long.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Bony fee agreed on 19:39 - Jan 11 with 2173 viewsWhiterockin

Bony fee agreed on 19:37 - Jan 11 by Parlay

Ouch! This is not a good deal.

£25m for one of the top 10 strikers in World Football, 26 years old with a long contract.

We have been robbed blind. Would have been a fair enough price pre season, however added to his continued form, this should have been a £35m deal all day long.

"£25m for one of the top 10 strikers in World Football,"

Now you really are having a laugh.
Bony fee agreed on 19:40 - Jan 11 with 2156 viewsParlay

Bony fee agreed on 19:39 - Jan 11 by Whiterockin

What, that it actually is enough or that he isn't in the top 10 strikers in world football.

And trolling? Eh?

Forum celebrity

Bony fee agreed on 19:41 - Jan 11 with 2148 viewsMusical_Swan

Bony fee agreed on 19:39 - Jan 11 by Whiterockin

Oops. Hold on tight folks!!!

Huw Jenkins... Nuff said!
Poll: On the whole, are the board doing a good job with our club?

Bony fee agreed on 19:48 - Jan 11 with 2097 viewsParlay

Costa
Ibrahimovic
Aguero
Neymar
Suarez
Van Persie (he is better i think - but would prefer Bony due to RVP being 31)
Tevez

This is the list of strikers (assuming we don't count Ronaldo, Messi and Bale as strikers as they are forwards) that I would choose over Bony if I had carte blanche and we wouldn't be able to buy any of them for £25m (RVP maybe).

I may have forgotten some so feel free. According to this, for me, he is the 8th best striker in the world.

Notable mentions go to Lewandowski, Higuain and Cavani. But id still choose Bony. Bonys particular skill-set can not really be matched with his physicality.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 19:59]

Forum celebrity

Bony fee agreed on 19:50 - Jan 11 with 2086 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Is this the first bit of Qatari/ME money we have received?

Je Suis Charlie on the pitch, no so much off it...

Joe_bradshaw -I thought the cryochamber was the new name for Cardiff's stadium.

Bony fee agreed on 19:51 - Jan 11 with 2074 viewsParlay

Bony fee agreed on 19:50 - Jan 11 by NeiltheTaylor

Is this the first bit of Qatari/ME money we have received?

Je Suis Charlie on the pitch, no so much off it...

Sinclair.

Forum celebrity

Login to get fewer ads

Bony fee agreed on 19:53 - Jan 11 with 2060 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Bony fee agreed on 19:51 - Jan 11 by Parlay

Sinclair.

Ah yes, true. I read there was a nasty banner at the PSG game yesterday. It was unfurled during the tributes.

Bony fee agreed on 19:58 - Jan 11 with 2036 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bony fee agreed on 19:53 - Jan 11 by NeiltheTaylor

Ah yes, true. I read there was a nasty banner at the PSG game yesterday. It was unfurled during the tributes.

What did it say?

Poll: Tory leader

Bony fee agreed on 20:03 - Jan 11 with 2020 viewspencoedjack

Thanks for the memories Wilf.

Hope you have a great career at Man City & would like to think you would be welcomed back to the Liberty anytime ..... except for when you play against us.
Bony fee agreed on 20:10 - Jan 11 with 1989 viewsTreforys_Jack

You've not got to go very far back to see Wilf being slated by some on here. Just sayin like !!!
Bony fee agreed on 20:14 - Jan 11 with 1972 viewsexiledclaseboy

Bony fee agreed on 20:10 - Jan 11 by Treforys_Jack

You've not got to go very far back to see Wilf being slated by some on here. Just sayin like !!!

You won't have to wait very long to see him being slated on here again now that he's leaving. "Overrated" and that kind of thing. It's how we roll.

Poll: Tory leader

Bony fee agreed on 20:14 - Jan 11 with 1970 viewsApeShit

Bony fee agreed on 19:48 - Jan 11 by Parlay

Costa
Ibrahimovic
Aguero
Neymar
Suarez
Van Persie (he is better i think - but would prefer Bony due to RVP being 31)
Tevez

This is the list of strikers (assuming we don't count Ronaldo, Messi and Bale as strikers as they are forwards) that I would choose over Bony if I had carte blanche and we wouldn't be able to buy any of them for £25m (RVP maybe).

I may have forgotten some so feel free. According to this, for me, he is the 8th best striker in the world.

Notable mentions go to Lewandowski, Higuain and Cavani. But id still choose Bony. Bonys particular skill-set can not really be matched with his physicality.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 19:59]

Cavani
Lewandowski
Mandzukic
Bony fee agreed on 20:22 - Jan 11 with 1936 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

I'd be surprised if anyone thinks £25 million is a good price (for us) for Wilf when taken in isolation, and I doubt it's close to the figure Monk had in mind recently when he said it would take an 'astronomical fee' for him to go in January (yes, January - when you have to pay a premium apparently...)

I had a look at a Man City forum this morning and most of the comments were along the lines of 'phenomenal deal', brilliant negotiating', 'very happy with that price' and so on. Although to balance it out, there was a loon who said they've overpaid by £10 million...

I'd say it goes without question that he was sold for less than his value, but other factors will have come into play that will have forced the boards hand in a way; Not least the irony of FFP forcing a well-run, smaller club to do business at a disadvantage to themselves.

There may be factors we just don't know about, the players attitude, the complete lack of other interest, the spectre of Michu - who went from a £30 million banker to 'will someone please take this guy on loan?'...

I'm disappointed, but still, £25 million is not to be sniffed at, and we bought his replacement in for free already a window earlier, so a smooth transition, no panic. Be interesting to hear the board's statement on the deal.

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Bony fee agreed on 20:26 - Jan 11 with 1912 viewsParlay

Bony fee agreed on 20:14 - Jan 11 by ApeShit

Cavani
Lewandowski
Mandzukic

They are in my "notable mentions" underneath.

Id take bony every time.

Forum celebrity

Bony fee agreed on 20:27 - Jan 11 with 1904 viewsWarwickHunt

Anything less than £30m without strings and we've been mugged.

Citeh would have found a way - looks like we blinked.
Bony fee agreed on 20:28 - Jan 11 with 1902 viewsTreforys_Jack

ahhh remember the good ole days when we simply couldn't turn down £1,000,000 for Lee Trundle a few days before the season started, now we are moaning that £25,000,000 isn't enough.
Bony fee agreed on 20:29 - Jan 11 with 1899 viewsNeiltheTaylor

Bony fee agreed on 19:58 - Jan 11 by exiledclaseboy

What did it say?

But some fans then unfurled a banner bearing the words ‘Qatar finances PSG and terrorism’ in a crude reference to the Paris club which is financed by the Gulf state.

http://www.thescore.ie/sport-pays-respect-to-french-victims-1875577-Jan2015/

Bony fee agreed on 20:29 - Jan 11 with 1897 viewsazjack

Seems on the low side to me but who knows what's going on behind the scenes? Until the season ticket holder receives a cash dividend from the proceeds then count me disinterested.

It was fun watching the big man and I hope he does well for City - but there again, for someone likely earning north of 10million pa for kicking a ball around, he sure doesn't need my support ;-)
Bony fee agreed on 20:32 - Jan 11 with 1878 viewsTreforys_Jack

I enjoyed his performances, loved seeing him holding off centre halves with disdain, but he's gone and I wish him good health, but as for his football, feck im , hope he never scores again.
Bony fee agreed on 20:34 - Jan 11 with 1865 viewsParlay

Bony fee agreed on 20:32 - Jan 11 by Treforys_Jack

I enjoyed his performances, loved seeing him holding off centre halves with disdain, but he's gone and I wish him good health, but as for his football, feck im , hope he never scores again.

Then we can kiss good bye to our add ons.

Forum celebrity

Bony fee agreed on 20:37 - Jan 11 with 1852 viewsItchySphincter

Wathan said 28 being reported with the final figure likely to be around the 30 Million mark. I will choose to believe that one for now.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Bony fee agreed on 20:42 - Jan 11 with 1836 viewshammy

Bony fee agreed on 20:22 - Jan 11 by FearOfAJackPlanet

I'd be surprised if anyone thinks £25 million is a good price (for us) for Wilf when taken in isolation, and I doubt it's close to the figure Monk had in mind recently when he said it would take an 'astronomical fee' for him to go in January (yes, January - when you have to pay a premium apparently...)

I had a look at a Man City forum this morning and most of the comments were along the lines of 'phenomenal deal', brilliant negotiating', 'very happy with that price' and so on. Although to balance it out, there was a loon who said they've overpaid by £10 million...

I'd say it goes without question that he was sold for less than his value, but other factors will have come into play that will have forced the boards hand in a way; Not least the irony of FFP forcing a well-run, smaller club to do business at a disadvantage to themselves.

There may be factors we just don't know about, the players attitude, the complete lack of other interest, the spectre of Michu - who went from a £30 million banker to 'will someone please take this guy on loan?'...

I'm disappointed, but still, £25 million is not to be sniffed at, and we bought his replacement in for free already a window earlier, so a smooth transition, no panic. Be interesting to hear the board's statement on the deal.

Fear not, the curse of the Swansea sell on phenomenon will be in full swing and Wilf will succeed as well as Sinclair at Citeh. At the end of the season we will be looking at the £25M in the bank and thinking what a good deal this was. I like Wilf and think he has a number of good attributes, but if he misses as many chances as he does for us then he won't be getting much game time. Aguero is top dog and Wilf will have to fight it out with Dzeko and Jovetic for some game time. He'll have to hit the ground running and that has not been his strong point in the past. Good luck to him on a personal level but as far as helping out the desert billionaires I hope it doesn't go very well !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Bony fee agreed on 20:42 - Jan 11 with 1835 viewsTreforys_Jack

Damn you Parlay and your attention to detail
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024