Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bony fee agreed 11:00 - Jan 11 with 20339 viewsGTCJack

On twitter now.

BBC Wales sport reporting fee of £30m.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2015 11:02]
Bony fee agreed on 19:35 - Jan 12 with 1552 viewsStarsky

Bony fee agreed on 19:12 - Jan 12 by londonlisa2001

I don't know whether I'm alone in this but I'm finding it hard to be that bothered by Bony going really.

I think he's a fabulous player and I've loved watching him, but I just don't feel emotional about it. My over riding feeling is loved him playing for us, never thought he'd stay for long, price seems fair to me (I find it hard to worked up about an extra £1m or £2m to be honest since we have had such a good deal on him overall), and I'm looking forward to seeing what Gomis can do.

Thought he did good by us in signing a new deal so we'd get more money, thought we did good by him in putting him in the shop window and enabling him to get his dream move, but just already moved on in my mind.
I don't know whether it's just because it was always so obvious he would move on, just not upset about it all.

Btw - not in the slightest revisionism - as I started by saying, he's a fabulous player and was excellent for us.

Wouldn't it be great if Gomis starts banging them in so that the Sky media keep rubbing their heads, wondering how we keep wheeling and dealing like we do?

Poor old Swansea... The one man team... Until we sell and replace ... Ad infinitum
[Post edited 13 Jan 2015 0:38]

It's just the internet, init.

Bony fee agreed on 19:38 - Jan 12 with 1528 viewsmonmouth

I thought we'd have him until the summer so I'm a bit disappointed (I'd bin this Jan Window if I could. teams should be set for the season, as should managers) but ever since Martinez left I'm always optimistic that we'll carry on our merry way. We can't stop it anyway; Monk is right, we simply have to develop a strong set of replacements, and I still think (with no evidence whatsoever) that the club expected this earlier and maybe even wanted it, hence Gomis (well, maybe that's evidence in itself).

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Bony fee agreed on 19:38 - Jan 12 with 1528 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony fee agreed on 19:33 - Jan 12 by perchrockjack

Indeed ma am.

Footballers , as I've alluded to, have only their interests at the heart of all they do.

Bony did his job well and hecwascin ways going to go..

Never fall in love

yes indeed.

It's funny though that there are some players you get attached to and some not so much - and it's got very little to do with how good they are (nor before anyone says it, how good looking they are ...)
Bony fee agreed on 19:40 - Jan 12 with 1512 viewsperchrockjack

Wilf was like a tripod

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony fee agreed on 19:41 - Jan 12 with 1509 viewslondonlisa2001

Bony fee agreed on 19:35 - Jan 12 by Starsky

Wouldn't it be great if Gomis starts banging them in so that the Sky media keep rubbing their heads, wondering how we keep wheeling and dealing like we do?

Poor old Swansea... The one man team... Until we sell and replace ... Ad infinitum
[Post edited 13 Jan 2015 0:38]

It would indeed !

There's something about Gomis that I really like - I've a feeling he may come very very good (of course - that may be just wishful thinking).

definitely never been a one man team though, even if the goal stats suggest it - I think it's just the way we are set up - we create a lot for the main striker (didn't work with Shechter on the pitch of course, but within reason).
Bony fee agreed on 19:48 - Jan 12 with 1468 viewsperchrockjack

What is worse is talksport.

Swansea might just as well be namibia

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Bony fee agreed on 19:51 - Jan 12 with 1450 viewsjackonicko

I don't know whether I'm alone in this but I'm finding it hard to be that bothered by Bony going really.

I think he's a fabulous player and I've loved watching him, but I just don't feel emotional about it. My over riding feeling is loved him playing for us, never thought he'd stay for long, price seems fair to me (I find it hard to worked up about an extra £1m or £2m to be honest since we have had such a good deal on him overall), and I'm looking forward to seeing what Gomis can do.

Thought he did good by us in signing a new deal so we'd get more money, thought we did good by him in putting him in the shop window and enabling him to get his dream move, but just already moved on in my mind.
I don't know whether it's just because it was always so obvious he would move on, just not upset about it all.

Btw - not in the slightest revisionism - as I started by saying, he's a fabulous player and was excellent for us.

This completely sums up my feelings. Spot on, Lisa. Also agree with Starsky above.

The numbers in football are eye-watering, and we easily forget quite how much money £25m is. With a ready-made replacement in Gomis already in the squad, the opportunity to invest for the long term future of our football club, rather than simply transferring the money to another club on another short term player, look compelling.
Bony fee agreed on 20:58 - Jan 12 with 1374 viewsApeShit

My feelings exactly, I'd even go as far as saying I'm chuffed for him. He's always made it clear he wants to play at the highest level.

I think this deal was good for both parties, we have some money to get in players needed in other positions and hopefully Gomis can do the business up front!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024