Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes 09:43 - Apr 28 with 42172 viewswessex_exile

As suggested on the matchday thread, let’s kick off the traditional summer transfer speculation. I’ll start with our current loanees. I doubt Palace would release Owen Goodman, and if they did, would we want him or even be able to afford him? Of the rest, I’d definitely like to see Alastair Smith and maybe Riley Harbottle sign if they were released. As for the rest, they’ll be heading back to make room for new choices.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:08 - Jul 5 with 3253 viewsRSCOSWORTH

I saw someone posted previously about the mass exodus at Crawley. I read today that eight of their starting XI from the Play Off final at Wembley have left!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:19 - Jul 5 with 3230 viewsdurham_exile

McGeehan has departed for .....Northampton.

What a load of Cobblers

In all seriousness Northampton really I don't believe it.

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 22:50 - Jul 5 with 3106 viewsburnsieespana

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:08 - Jul 5 by RSCOSWORTH

I saw someone posted previously about the mass exodus at Crawley. I read today that eight of their starting XI from the Play Off final at Wembley have left!

It was I and thanks for confirming the figures.
Scott Lindsey is fairly on the ball so guess he doesn't think they will make a go.of League 1 but if so a high risk.policu or maybe contracts were up and money the issue. Wonder d Dallison will go back?
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:44 - Jul 6 with 2879 viewsCrashBandicoot

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:19 - Jul 5 by durham_exile

McGeehan has departed for .....Northampton.

What a load of Cobblers

In all seriousness Northampton really I don't believe it.

Depends on who makes the best offer at the right time. I wouldn't worry too much tbh as we've brought in some decent quality by the looks of it. Hopefully the Cowley's will get the best out of them as they don't look past their best yet. Plus we will bring more players in soon.

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 14:35 - Jul 6 with 2841 viewsfranksic1988

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:44 - Jul 6 by CrashBandicoot

Depends on who makes the best offer at the right time. I wouldn't worry too much tbh as we've brought in some decent quality by the looks of it. Hopefully the Cowley's will get the best out of them as they don't look past their best yet. Plus we will bring more players in soon.

A lot of these new signings are last chance saloon. I’m not saying that the brothers can’t get something out of them. But if you’re 30 or above as a footballer, chances are you’re not getting much better and most prob on the decline. Also I’d say a certain amount of adaptability has gone in your game at that time. It’s pretty much set how you play. Especially in league 2 level players…. Id be very shocked if we out of the bottom half come Xmas with them players. But I’d also take just being out the relegation battle. I think if I was to place a bet … middle of the bottom half is about the mark we should be aiming for with what we have.

That will be a welcome relief and improvement
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:44 - Jul 6 with 2810 viewsBLACKCAT

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:44 - Jul 6 by CrashBandicoot

Yes, I'm sure I read the other day that Brady the Cobblers manager had said he had a very competitive budget this season. So he was probably able to make McGeehan an attractive offer.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 21:01 - Jul 6 with 2755 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:44 - Jul 6 by BLACKCAT

Yes, I'm sure I read the other day that Brady the Cobblers manager had said he had a very competitive budget this season. So he was probably able to make McGeehan an attractive offer.

...and of course McGeehan had already made it clear that his time at the U's was a stepping stone. He was excellent at the U's, but clearly destined for a higher league. No surprise, even if I'm disappointed.

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:46 - Jul 8 with 2562 viewsburnsieespana

Hopefully DC's weekend chat with Chilvers went well and we will see him sign in the next few days.
Login to get fewer ads

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 10:51 - Jul 8 with 2543 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 09:46 - Jul 8 by burnsieespana

Hopefully DC's weekend chat with Chilvers went well and we will see him sign in the next few days.

I was surprised (or maybe not surprised) to read over the weekend that Connor Hall was part of DC's plans for next season, and they weren't expecting to lose him back to Port Vale. Suggests they made an offer we couldn't refuse, and of course Connor fancied a return as well.

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:22 - Jul 8 with 2472 viewsburnsieespana

It must have been a good offer and as DC said he, RC and Dimitre sat down and discussed but de idea it was to the benefit of Colchester and the player.
I just hope we can keep Kells fit for the complete season as the guy from Sutton does seem a bit of a risk given his injury record over the last two seasons.
I have never seen Frankie Terry player so if anybody has be good to hear as hopefully he is close to being Nle to hold his own in league 2.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:43 - Jul 9 with 2271 viewsmfb_cufc

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:18 - Jun 13 by mfb_cufc

It is Richard Brindley. Released by Notts County.

Richard Brindley signed for Eastleigh. Another to leave Notts County is Macaulay Langstaff, who has joined Millwall. Good news for League 2 teams not having to face him this season, after he scored 71 goals in the last two seasons.

mfb

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:16 - Jul 9 with 2226 viewsTheOldOakTree

First team coach analyst Lorenzo Dolcetti has done a runner.

Wasn't he the first one they brought in for the band reunion?
[Post edited 9 Jul 18:32]
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:42 - Jul 9 with 2180 viewsdurham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:43 - Jul 9 by mfb_cufc

Richard Brindley signed for Eastleigh. Another to leave Notts County is Macaulay Langstaff, who has joined Millwall. Good news for League 2 teams not having to face him this season, after he scored 71 goals in the last two seasons.

Interesting that Brindley ignored Swindon and the U's before signing for Eastleigh.

Langstaff to Millwall. Didn't think he was the type to go to a rough house team.

Pleased we won't face him in the league. Notts Co will be disappointed to lose their stars and it could be a struggle for them this season.

Up the U's

Durham_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:51 - Jul 9 with 2151 viewsBFG

Arthur Read - still here? I can't keep up
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 21:11 - Jul 9 with 2122 viewsTheOldOakTree

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:51 - Jul 9 by BFG

Arthur Read - still here? I can't keep up

Yes I think so and there was a post on the official X (twitter) yesterday showing some of them back at Florence Park and I think Read is in the photo, so if it's not a stock photo, I assume he's busy getting into shape.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 07:10 - Jul 10 with 2043 viewsfranksic1988

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:16 - Jul 9 by TheOldOakTree

Safe to say he hardly made an impact… just another waste of money and crap… we are one of the worst teams in the professional football league. These guys have a place in football at the higher levels for the extra 2%. Would be nice this season to establish a solid starting 11. With a footballing system that they and us can see a pattern of play. Plus a massive injection of work ethic….

We struggle to carry out a 2 yard pass at times..let alone try and adapt our game to diff opposition every week.

We won’t even notice he has gone.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 15:12 - Jul 11 with 1833 viewsgerry_us

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:16 - Jul 9 by TheOldOakTree

Never 'eard of 'im!
What did he do?
Nuffink by the sounds of it.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 11:59 - Jul 13 with 1606 viewsburnsieespana

Anybody going g to the game today?
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:52 - Jul 15 with 1307 viewsWitham

No Chilvers in the team (first or second half) which won 2-0
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 17:06 - Jul 15 with 1302 viewsMoor_Pinot

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 16:52 - Jul 15 by Witham

No Chilvers in the team (first or second half) which won 2-0

Nor Tovide Witham?

Moor Pinot

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 18:40 - Jul 15 with 1269 viewswessex_exile

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 17:06 - Jul 15 by Moor_Pinot

Nor Tovide Witham?

Pretty sure I read over the weekend (somewhere) Samson was carrying a knock, and that discussions with Noah were still ongoing?

Up the U's

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:27 - Jul 19 with 873 viewsburnsieespana

Rumour has it Noah about to sign for Cambridge.
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 13:30 - Jul 19 with 852 viewsgerry_us

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 12:27 - Jul 19 by burnsieespana

Rumour has it Noah about to sign for Cambridge.

That's a step UP?
The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 19:59 - Jul 19 with 717 viewsCrashBandicoot

Though he can perform well on his day NC is a bit sporadic in terms of consistent performances. I hope they realise that if he is going. If Matt Jay also leaves (if rumours are to be believed) then thats 2 more players to replace

Poll: Who would you like as next Us head coach

The Summer of ‘24 - ins, outs and maybes on 20:26 - Jul 19 with 711 viewsBFG

I guess the flurry of loanee's still to come and that's that
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024